Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 24, 2012 8:59 AM

Jun 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I've just remembered how much better the "Who is KID" mysteries are than the "How did KID do it" ones.

KID already disguised as Kogorou, Nakamori, Jirokichi and Ran in the past, so it's Sonoko this time? Then again, we can't be sure, I guess. Especially since the silhouette in the last panel is, well, flat as a board...

Come to think of it, KID just might be a perverted bastard in this chapter, touching the girls right in front of everybody. I'm surprised Conan allowed for Ran to be put in such a situation.
And Sonoko who's enamored with KID just might be the one person he didn't do anything to (except the bondage stuff possibly, but I don't think she's into that) :3 I really feel she should try to be more faithful to her kickass boyfriend, you know?

EDIT: Actually, it's Jinokichi again. He's way too eager to close the case (and get the hidden jewel), that's kind of out of his character. During the case with the Detective Boys, he was the exact opposite.
ewormAug 24, 2012 9:11 AM
Aug 24, 2012 11:35 AM

Jul 2008
I have no idea who it is and im not gonna bother trying to figure it out, I'm gonna be wrong anyways and enjoy the revelations more than seeking the answers myself. Nahahahaha xD
Aug 24, 2012 2:47 PM
Aug 2008
I know that some people dislike Kid showing up, but I honestly enjoy his cases, especially recently with all the normal three-suspect cases being incredibly easy to solve. Personally I think that it's either Jirokichi or Kogorou. Sera would've been pretty hard to impersonate, what with her Jeet Kune Do.
Aug 24, 2012 7:45 PM

Feb 2009
I don't know how he did it, but I think Kid is Sera this time, why because he mistook her for a boy that's why he was surprise when Ran and Sonoko told him they'll check him out and was blushing during the search, then how in the world did Kid manage to subdue Sera?
Aris18 said:
Sera would've been pretty hard to impersonate, what with her Jeet Kune Do.
Well, the same way he did Ran when he impersonated her, I guess.

I don't remember if he impersonated Sonoko yet though, and I wonder if Conan will keep his mouth shut this time.
MaxCrazy7Aug 24, 2012 7:55 PM
Aug 24, 2012 11:24 PM
Mar 2011
Well, this time Goshou seems to be generous of red herrings as he constantly tries to make nearly every character look suspicious. But at the same time we nearly forgot about the mystery - how did Kid do it? And I don't have a clue - because it obviously involves some contraption(maybe with the use of magnets), and these cases are the hardest, because we are not present on the actual set, so it is very difficult to imagine what Kid could have done. Would be glad to be wrong, if things will turn out to be easy.

As for the character who is in reality Kid disguised - well, there are some questions, meaning that it's not plain obvious. The most likely candidate is indeed Sera - not only because of her remark that strongly suggested that Sera believes herself to be a boy, but there are some other factors. Like, for example, when Sonoko was checking Sera she thought that she was completely flat - well, if Sera was indeed Sera, there must have been at least something. And if Kid had known her gender, he would have also used something - but he didn't. Another thing is quickly remembering everyone's birthday - and extraordinary memory, especially with numbers, is one of Kid's traits(I remember when he memorized the ID of a policeman he disguised himself as). The strangest thing is that it doesn't all match up. If Kid knew birthday dates, he must have done background check on everybody - and in that case, how could he miss Sera's gender?! The possible explanation is that Sera is new, and he didn't check her - but how then he knew her birthday(maybe it was mentioned somewhere, but I'm too lazy to re-read)?! Of course, it could be a bluff - but because of this(possible) mistake he could be exposed. The best explanation is that he just saw Sera, observed her for a while, and then disguised as her - but would he really be disguising as someone he barely knows? Not to mention, that he had to have a mask prepared - or is he doing masks on the spot? Or is this just make-up this time? So, I think it would be like that - Kid checked Sera, but somehow missed her gender. Hard to believe, I know - that's why I still have my doubts. But Sera remains the most likely candidate - and as for her martial training, remember how she was knocked out on the train, so Kid could easily have done it.

The others are suspicious too, but not that much. Conan seems to be believing Ran and basing his deduction on her testimony, so it's not her. It's not in Kid's character to put the blame on the others, so it shouldn't be Sonoko. Kogorou is acting unusually, but there could be a reason for that. Nakamori - well, there's practically nothing that points to him, so it isn't likely. Jirokichi - yes, he's too eager to close the investigation, but maybe he doesn't want everyone to know something about the jewel, maybe he hopes that the sooner everything ends, the sooner stone will be returned, or he has taken a liking to Kid, admitted defeat already and is willing to let him get away so that they could have another meeting.

Well, there are certain possibilities. We'll know everything in the next file.
Aug 27, 2012 1:32 AM

Mar 2009
I wonder who Kid's disguising as.
Feb 7, 11:33 AM

Jun 2017
Kogorou was obviously out of character here, which makes him out of suspicion. Let's not forget, "Detective Conan" manga tends to mislead you. My bet is on Sera.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Detective Conan Chapter 866 Discussion

MaxCrazy7 - Aug 5, 2013

3 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 28, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Detective Conan Chapter 865 Discussion

k11chi - Jul 24, 2013

1 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 27, 11:54 AM

Poll: » Detective Conan Chapter 864 Discussion

k11chi - Jul 24, 2013

2 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 25, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Detective Conan Chapter 863 Discussion

Utsune - Jun 30, 2013

4 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 24, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Detective Conan Chapter 862 Discussion

MaxCrazy7 - Jun 23, 2013

11 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 21, 2:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.