Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 11, 2012 11:48 PM

Mar 2009
This show is AMAZING baked.
"When he will, the weary world
Of the senses closely curled
Like a serpent round his heart
Shakes herself and stands apart."
- A.C., Equinox I/I
Aug 12, 2012 12:53 AM

Mar 2011
That was fun
Ahaha the demon king is a pervert and the hero king is a bit (you) know
Aug 12, 2012 7:20 AM

May 2010
I wonder he attained the attention a proper demon king should discover/
Aug 12, 2012 10:16 AM

Jul 2011
dam, i thought the demon king would be cooler but he turned out to be a total moron,

ugh i have no idea where the story is going, i don't even know why im watching this when im practically forcing myself to

i guess im just clinging on to that small shred of hope that this show will get interesting because all this show is, is just a cutesy fanservice show that is aimed for teens which isn't even good

this episode is 2.5/5 whole series 6.5/10

god this show is depressing, if it was aimed at a younger audience and it cut down the fanservice it would be understandable, and i would rate it much higher but it continues to try to please the audience with mediocre fanservice, cliche characters and boring action scenes,

maybe its just me, but the only thing i like about this show is the cute romance, the cute characters and eclair but i saw none of eclair and no romance, i wish that they would just hurry up and couple sink and millhiore and have them kiss because it seems like their beating around the bush most of the time, hell i would immediately give this series a 9 if they just couple sink and eclair instead of the cliche princess and hero couple
Aug 12, 2012 1:27 PM
Apr 2011
@kamikaze_1996:

DarthVantos said:
One thing you should have learned from first season is to not take this anime seriously. I guess you could still hope for some kind of plot but good luck with that.

mystik said:
... just where is this show going? I guess it doesn't matter.
Aug 12, 2012 1:28 PM

Jan 2011
I'm loving this season, the last season was good, but Cinque felt like the oddball surrounded by nothing but girls. This seaosn, we've met too badass dudes in Isuka-sama and now the Demon. Hoping we get a "dudes night out" episode where they just do dumb shit, like go peeping :D
Aug 12, 2012 3:46 PM

Jul 2011
endlessabyss said:
@kamikaze_1996:

DarthVantos said:
One thing you should have learned from first season is to not take this anime seriously. I guess you could still hope for some kind of plot but good luck with that.

mystik said:

i know i will be wasting my time if i take this anime seriously and expect a real good plot,

but what disappoints me is that they introduce crappy new characters, instead of focusing on the good ones they already have

what i am hoping for is sink and hiore becoming an official couple, the first season built up their relationship and at the end they declared their love for one another and in this season there is no change in their relationship and its as if nothing happened

hell even though hiore declares her love for him, sink is still treating her as a pet dog friend

millhiore: cinque, i love you ;)
cinque: lol wut? :D
Aug 12, 2012 4:25 PM
Sep 2008
when do the hero and demon king fuck
Aug 12, 2012 4:39 PM

Dec 2011
GregZor9 said:
Also, the ending of the episode got me wondering about the next (as it should). When Shinku and Millhi were spending their time together and Millhi was acting overly affectionate and Shinku was wondering what was going on with the new way she was acting, what will the new episode bring? They are either trying to emphasize how dumb and aloof to everyone's feelings Shinku is by making him seem like he doesn't recognize Millhi loves him, or she really IS being more affectionate for a reason and the next episode is going to be an episode where the denizens of Flonyard go into heat and all chase after Shinku with wacky results.

If the latter is true, I have a feeling the next episode is going to be one that will leave alot of Dog Days fans loving it, alot of Dog Days fans shaking their heads and dropping it thinking the show has jumped the shark, and Dog Days haters will get more ammo to talk crap about the show saying how it's just another otaku harem.

Well, with the Spanish Maou loose on the world (with only Adelaide tying him down), I think the latter might come true. But one way to make such an episode go down in a blaze of glory is to not let only Cinque be the victim here.

That's right - Nanami and Becky will have to suffer along WITH Cinque, especially since all three of them gave the Spanish Maou a delicious clobbering (and that was BEFORE Adelaide got there). Besides, with all the Couver x Becky flags being raised, you can't deny Becky's gonna get into some sort of pickle (pun not intended) with all the peeps over in Pastillage - including Liscia and Callaway.

And they really DO need something to push Gaul over the edge and raise some Nanami x Gaul flags - because right now he's doing an excellent job at being the mirror of Cinque x Eclair.

So yeah, my request for a "in-heat panic chase" episode would be something that gets all three involved. And perhaps a little more backstory too, whilst they lay low to avoid being glomped and humped to death.
Aug 12, 2012 6:05 PM

Feb 2012
That was quite an enjoyable episode :D

New characters to add to the fun xD
Aug 12, 2012 7:03 PM
Feb 2012
ever time that new guy keep saying hes a demon king

i think of Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou

except this dude does is peeping and create chaos among the ladies
Aug 12, 2012 7:27 PM

Dec 2008
I like the new characters a lot! The "demon king" remind me of Inuyasha lol xD.

Aug 12, 2012 8:03 PM

Sep 2010
a glimpse of an actual storyline appears....
Aug 12, 2012 8:38 PM
Feb 2012
very rare to have a guy tie a gurl hair

and do a very good job at it too
Aug 12, 2012 8:50 PM

Aug 2011
kamikaze_1996 said:
endlessabyss said:
@kamikaze_1996:

DarthVantos said:

mystik said:

i know i will be wasting my time if i take this anime seriously and expect a real good plot,

but what disappoints me is that they introduce crappy new characters, instead of focusing on the good ones they already have

what i am hoping for is sink and hiore becoming an official couple, the first season built up their relationship and at the end they declared their love for one another and in this season there is no change in their relationship and its as if nothing happened

hell even though hiore declares her love for him, sink is still treating her as a pet dog friend

millhiore: cinque, i love you ;)
cinque: lol wut? :D
I like the new characters actually, and prefer season 2 over 1.

Did find it weird that they acted like the confession scene back in season 1 was completely ignored, but I personally don't find it a problem. These eps have been great entertainment. Well for me, anyway.
Aug 12, 2012 11:28 PM

Jan 2008
Honestly they should make the demon king the new main character, Cinque is pretty boring as a main character.
Aug 13, 2012 5:23 AM

Jul 2010
Heh, everything is so light hearted in this series. Even the demon king is a funny wimp. Seems like he and the Hero King (queen?) will stay around for a little while.

Of course all the girls were mighty impressed by Cinque standing up to him. Nanami didn't allow him to see the Hero King's transformation though. xD

Aug 13, 2012 8:56 AM

Jun 2011
LOL Demon King was so entertaining to watch and Adel is beautiful. Cant wait for them to reveal their past because they make a cute and funny couple from what i've seen so far
Aug 13, 2012 9:56 AM
Jul 2012
Demon king. Worst villain ever. I thought at first, some real plot, finally? But no. Well, either way, not a serious anime so that's to be expected. Fan service was awesome. And Millhiore is like a dog in heat for Cinque at the end. And the Hero King, a hot blondie with a gun. Awesome episode, best so far.
Aug 13, 2012 1:50 PM

Jul 2012
Okay. I could probably talk about the episode itself, but the reply would be the same.... Okay I was a little surprised.

You get Valério "Demon King" Calvados, my oh-so-hope to be the bad-ass "demon kings" because I am into the hot-N-cool demon characters. (Along with the other line of demon species I root~) But along the way, I chuckle that he's your typical pervert and a pitiful fighter. His "mana" is strong though, and that's what freak out the nation. That's when we have Adélaïde "Hero King" Grand Marnier, someone who can attack quicker and probably do not need mage skills to stop him.

Being the dork and applying RPG terms, I see those two as:

Valério: Super-powerful dark mage
Adélaïde: SUper-cute yet powerful *ahem* swords-women or weapons expert. (Since she had a gun, a sword, and a HOLY MOTHER GOD huge spikeball!)

So... It's a so-so episode, but it did kind of made it up for my "meh" day watching the recent episode of Smile PreCure... (Both are good, really!)

EDIT: Oh yea! I forgot to mention! Adel looks like to be the earliest human exist in Flonyard (yes I see humans in this country to be extinct), but it makes me wonder how she had created a family tree of squirrel-people. I could think that Val and her are together to make a secret family, but IDK and do not want to creep my mind out.
timerrabbitAug 13, 2012 1:53 PM

"Everyone go love Cyan!"
Aug 14, 2012 11:43 AM

Jul 2011
pretty fun ep. lol that demon king was hilarious. hero king was cute as well. dat star in her eyes. hnnng.
Aug 14, 2012 11:31 PM
Feb 2012
seem like the demon king and the hero king are couples

i wonder if the guy fell in love with the hero or the other way round
Aug 15, 2012 12:17 AM

Apr 2012
Loved the new characters :D but the plot was kinda disappointing, oh well I'm not watching it for the plot, I'm watching it for the fun! xD
Aug 18, 2012 11:44 AM

Jan 2010
OvenPotato said:
Loved the new characters :D but the plot was kinda disappointing, oh well I'm not watching it for the plot, I'm watching it for the fun! xD

You're mistaken. Not sure if you watched the first season but...there's no plot at all until episode 8 or so.

I'm going to assume Cinque doesn't remember telling the princess he loves her or... he's being an idiot. That or seriousness plot doesn't exist until the last few episodes.
Kan_BiiruAug 18, 2012 11:49 AM
Aug 18, 2012 4:37 PM

Dec 2011
Teldara said:
OvenPotato said:

You're mistaken. Not sure if you watched the first season but...there's no plot at all until episode 8 or so.

I'm going to assume Cinque doesn't remember telling the princess he loves her or... he's being an idiot. That or seriousness plot doesn't exist until the last few episodes.

He's having so much fun that it's probably the last thing on his mind - this may come back to haunt him later though....
Aug 20, 2012 10:56 AM

Apr 2010
I can't help but notice the Demon King bears a resemblance(in terms of both appearance and personalty) to a character from the anime Astarotte no Omocha!.
MysteryFan89Aug 20, 2012 11:05 AM
Aug 22, 2012 4:58 PM

Sep 2011
Dat ending scene was so cute!
Aug 23, 2012 12:24 PM
Nov 2010
This show could make one sweet videogame (especially a ps3 one).
Aug 23, 2012 11:36 PM

Dec 2011
Z-flame said:
This show could make one sweet videogame (especially a ps3 one).

If it's not done by anyone who has any sort of connections to Aksys Games, I will boycott Japan4lyfe (not really, but anyone who does any sort of business with Ishiwatari-san's main conglomerate USUALLY knows what the hell they're doing).

Wouldn't mind a Dynasty Warriors/Guilty Gear/Cross Edge type game. Hell, this series goes great with ALMOST every genre (except a few). And I'll cry tears of profound sadness if this becomes the Yin to Touhou's Yang; Touhou has been a game-only fanverse - ZUN has routinely said he doesn't want to draw people in via anime (which I can clearly understand - I mean, have you seen Remilia's personality? Very Shana-esque, and we all know where I stand with that).
Aug 28, 2012 12:54 PM

Jan 2011
Great episode, that ending scene. the ancestor doesn't really like the demon king (or so it seems).
I'm looking forward to more.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Sep 9, 2012 7:27 AM

Aug 2010
This was a nice episode (and to top it all off absolutely no Green, finally!). 4/5.
Sep 13, 2012 2:37 AM

Apr 2009
So much slapstick this episode. xD

I thought it was going to be a huge problem when Couvre and Shinku's curiousity set the Demon King free, but he was much more mischievous than evil. Of course, his archenemy the Hero King appears to rein him in. Unexpectedly, this Hero King is female and she's voiced by none other than my favorite KitaEri!! <3

Well, rather than archenemies, the way they interact imply that they're more like quarreling lovers. Their story must have been "Enemies become Lovers", huh?
Sep 13, 2012 5:08 AM

Apr 2008
Big question: if Couvre is really the descendant of Adelle, then that means she’s married previously and got into romance with Valerio later; or the other alternative is that Pastilage royal lineage are secretly descendant of the demon king.
Sep 22, 2012 5:51 PM

Nov 2011
That demon reminds me of Jiraya.
Oct 1, 2012 1:14 AM

Sep 2011
Cinque is living the good life, I'm jealous.
Dec 18, 2012 5:43 AM

Nov 2011
King of Demons? I guess he was only messing around, but still!

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Dec 24, 2012 8:09 AM

Mar 2012
best
demon
king
i've
seen
ever
Apr 10, 2013 9:29 PM
Aug 2012
yay! more new characters!! this anime bears the load of so many characters very well XD
Sep 15, 2014 1:13 AM

Jun 2014
This is NOT the dog days i know and love =[
Too much non-sense not enough cool battles and awesome skills.
The show is WAY over saturated with side characters. Like holy shit, there's TOO MANY TO KEEP TRACK OF.
I miss the simple one on one time with all the characters and the high action battles.
Be sure to message me if you quoted me and want me to respond! Just give me a link to the forum, because usually I leave my comment, then leave the forum.
Apr 8, 2016 10:06 PM

Mar 2014
Demon King was soooo whipped by the Hero King LOL xD Can't help but love their relationship though hehe

My reaction when the monument broke: yaay we get to keep them! :3
Oct 12, 2017 11:57 AM

Apr 2013
Quite the weird episode tbh, not sure if those two new characters will have any significance later on ^^
Jul 8, 2019 3:43 PM

Nov 2016
The last episodes have been really fun and haha, funniest Demon King I've seen.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 24, 2022 4:26 AM
Dec 2013
Was enjoying this episode, until it made it look like the Demon King and Female Hero had something going on between them. And there were girls who were excited about that shit? Are you fucking kidding me? The Demon King is a pervert who sexually harassed the women in this episode, yet those stupid bitches (who got sexually harassed by him) were excited about how he and her have something going on. WTF! He shouldn't be around women after what he did! Saying that deep down he's a decent guy? Fuck you. He's a fucking criminal and a piece of shit!
wildhoodNov 24, 2022 2:19 PM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dog Days' Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 29, 2012

100 by KempachiZaraki »»
Jul 26, 2023 4:14 PM

Poll: » Dog Days' Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 21, 2012

50 by Dawizz »»
Jun 8, 2023 5:47 PM

Poll: » Dog Days' Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

prismheart - Jul 14, 2012

103 by Dawizz »»
Jun 6, 2023 12:10 AM

Poll: » Dog Days' Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 7, 2012

98 by Dawizz »»
Jun 5, 2023 11:49 PM

Poll: » Dog Days' Episode 11 Discussion

Yumekichi11 - Sep 15, 2012

40 by GlennMagusHarvey »»
May 18, 2023 12:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.