Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 31, 2017 10:52 PM

Dec 2015
Another okay episode. Too bad you have to get through 11 episodes before you can appreciate one of them. I believe the series does speak to the dark side of humanity, but the stagnant dialogue and ill-timed events make this series a no-go overall. I appreciate that people tried to make it work, but it feels like they were not passionate about it and just tried to make an anime for a quick buck.

It sucks because the premise of the manga is promising.
Sep 6, 2017 11:03 AM

Jan 2010
Gonna give it 7/10. I liked the pace, it kept things interesting for me somehow, didn't threw all it had to offer in one episode. Although sometimes lack of actions from characters were irritating. Well most characters themselfes were just irritating. I enjoyed dark, gloomy world.
Oct 12, 2017 11:58 PM

Jun 2013
Yuzo-kun. Yuzo-kun. Yuzo-kun. I read online what this meant.

RIP Obacchan and Ryota.

They finally killed those filthy Suzuki Yuzo birds.

I like Sadako.

I also love how Kishimoto hinted that she wanted to live with Katou, bitchy Kurono was jealous again.

I liked the first season. The Animation was fucking terrible and reminded me of those cheaply made hentais. the BGM was so-so, character design was also so-so but the ridiculousness of the plot was fun to follow. Kurono is still a fucking ass and as much as I fucking hate him, he probably won't be dying anytime soon. I want my OTP: Kishimoto Kei x Katou Masaru to be a couple and screw. That is all.

Time for Season 2~!
臭い-
Aug 14, 2018 1:34 AM

Sep 2011
So I watched and, surprisingly, being able to complete this for the sake of killing time. Well the concept is okay but holy shit the characters... They're intolerable. The only good ones for me are Nishi and the biker leader. Not sure if I'm going to watch the 2nd season...

Aug 17, 2018 2:43 PM

May 2016
At least that baba and shit died I really hated them... 5.5/10
Dec 11, 2018 4:57 PM
Jan 2017
I also give this a 7/10.
I do like the survival game element to this, but I'm not that into an anime that all about shooting enemies and being all "ohhh how can i shoot a living being" For the WHOLE season. That is not to say I wanted more senseless gore, but rather its hypocritical, like one of those video games where the end screen is "you beat the game, now go outside and play".

If they made this more of a challenge like: you cant leave the room until you get 100 points, as in LEAVE the room and surving only yields in getting better food based on your score. Or maybe a different challenge each game then I'd be more into it. I dont think I'm gonna bother with season 2 :/
Nov 15, 2019 11:08 AM

Sep 2019
This is first time I've facing difficulties to score an anime. I would give this a solid 6.7 no more no less
Jul 4, 2020 8:52 AM
Jul 2018
Honestly this was the best episode so far. I give Gantz credit for getting better and better as it went. It was alright, I expected to hate this show but it did end up growing on me. The English dub helped a lot too. 5/10

I was gonna drop it after s1 but after this episode I have hope for this show because it began to show potential, so onward to the next season it is!
Jul 29, 2020 1:13 PM

Nov 2015
I came for gore, destroying aliens and ended up with slow pacing, more or less almost no aliens, so yeah this was hard to watch.
Mar 31, 2021 10:32 AM

Nov 2016
I extremely enjoyed the manga, but the anime was pretty ass in comparison.

Additional backround for minor charas could be seen as cool, but also a waste of time when they're just cheap throwaway anyway. The manga was simple and straight, so this comes off as borderline pretentious. Pacing was awful and the content here doesn't warrant 13 episodes a ~20min. Furthermore it made the characters which were already not the brightest, arrogant, selfish almost unbearable. There's really a noticeable difference whether you experience them in the manga or in the anime where the obnoxious behaviour get's prolonged beyond the point that was tried to be made by Oku.

4-5/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 29, 2022 8:51 AM

Nov 2013
Decent as a standalone experience, but huge downgrade from the manga.
You all need to watch Nami.

Oct 2, 2022 4:24 AM

Aug 2022
This anime is so bad it hurts me. But well, it got begtter by the end but the animation makes it bad. Manga was much better
Nov 8, 2022 8:17 AM
Jan 2017
it is good but not like the manga.
manga is masterpiece
Feb 19, 2023 12:27 AM
Feb 2023
I don't know what to say, but I am not recommended it to watch.. it is like all of the trouble because of the Kurono Kei... they make it stupid to understand how the situation is, which makes the story always find difficulty and trouble. Still, it is what it is.. the story they make looks complicated and some make people angry to watch, that is how Gantz makes people interested.
May 27, 2023 6:11 AM
Dec 2015
The only likeable character is dead... Really slow pacing and dumb characters overall. 
Sep 5, 2023 3:07 AM

Nov 2010
Gantz's assessment of the dog is hilarious! I'm glad he's able to survive all the time.
Sadako and The Fag. Hahaha!
Kei should man up and confess his feelings to Kishimoto. He has the advantage since they spend more time under one roof.
This show is frustrating to watch, but it's also amusing and entertaining at the same time. The air of mystery keeps me intrigued as well.
I'm excited to see who they will team up with next.
Dec 27, 2023 4:54 PM
Jun 2022
Better Than The Last Couple Of Episodes
Jan 23, 10:48 AM
Jul 2018
Different ending from the manga.
Feb 8, 8:32 PM

Jan 2020
Birds die
Kurono saves the day
Mission cleared
Doggo still 0 points still alive
Kurono still didn't get the sex
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Should I watch the sequel to this or skip to the CG movie?

LenRea - Apr 1

7 by EmiPyon »»
Apr 3, 7:28 AM

Poll: » Gantz Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Sep 19, 2008

51 by Edomite »»
Mar 16, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Gantz Episode 12 Discussion

Scribbly - Oct 5, 2008

42 by Randomega »»
Feb 8, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Gantz Episode 11 Discussion

Scribbly - Oct 4, 2008

48 by Randomega »»
Feb 8, 8:58 AM

Poll: » Gantz Episode 10 Discussion

B25Mitch - Sep 27, 2008

36 by Randomega »»
Feb 8, 6:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.