Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2008 3:00 AM
Apr 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, getting bored of this, the characters are really annoying me now. Luckily only 1 episode left.

May 7, 2009 8:12 AM

Sep 2008
If I was there I would have blown the head of the grandma and the kid,they are so freaking annoying
Jan 21, 2010 1:00 AM

Feb 2008
Whats up with the main character being such a bitch all season long and like crying every single episode.

I really don't like the goody long hair dude either. hes also a bitch, but for different reasons.

Actually the entire cast of characters are bitches for their own reasons lol
Feb 6, 2010 1:36 PM

May 2009
archonflux said:
Actually the entire cast of characters are bitches for their own reasons lol
True. Not a single likeable character, really. I just want them all to die already, so they can stop annoying me. Seriously, they just stand there and do NOTHING when those ugly robot/birds attack them. They have guns, fucking use them. And the pacing is too damn slow. /rant
Mar 27, 2010 12:27 AM

Feb 2010
Fuckin' a! How many of those damn bird things are there?!?! Well, at least that damn kid is finally gone. I was ready to jump in there and blow his head off myself. The grandma... eh, I couldn't care less. I wouldn't have bothered. Maybe Kei will kill that giant bird looking thing and get this shit over with.
It's not breaking in if the door is unlocked.

Apr 6, 2010 7:00 AM

Oct 2008
Oh god, that kid is so annoying.

I feel sorry for the grandma. =/
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Jul 18, 2010 9:17 PM

Mar 2009
Those aliens remind me of Rock Lee.

Fucking useless kid; he should be the one protecting his grandma.
Jul 30, 2010 11:17 AM

Apr 2009
Lol, it's amusing how so many people are angry at the kid for being a kid
Aug 27, 2010 1:59 PM
Jun 2010
This anime is so deep.

Sep 4, 2010 7:58 AM

Mar 2009
This anime is so so so so fucking stupid. omg.
and the most fantastic(literally) is how big pussies are the characters, like omg....this is so fucking incredible....i didn't think something like this can be even in a movie or anime....omg...omg...incredible! I simply can't believe it...is this a FUCKING DREAM?!
Read the manga, guys, read the manga. Cuz this is bullshit.

it's amusing how so many people are angry at the kid for being a kid

When I was a kid I was like 100 times smarter than him. So people aren't angry because he's a kid, they're angry because he's the more stupid kid in the world.
narcomanSep 4, 2010 8:07 AM
Oct 7, 2010 3:56 PM

Sep 2010
hmmmm.... i hope that the next season isn't as slow. don't know if i can sit through another season of this. And whats with the goddamn dialogue? I understand that its probably a literal translation, but lines like:

"Geez, youre blaming everything on me now, aren't you Haruya? Of course. If you have a problem, give me back my tooth! My tooth!!"
Oct 15, 2010 11:05 PM

Aug 2007
wtf okay i got to admit the anime is pretty good but its too god damn slow!!! like are they just gonna stand there deciding to shoot for like 30 minutes! fucking shoot already! So many people are like just standing there and let themselves die!
Oct 17, 2010 6:56 PM
Apr 2008
The kid is annoying, but he was a kid so I guess he's just being a kid, Annoying as hell....way too annoying...way too "stereotypical" but a kid nonetheless. The scene where the grandma died was pretty sad, despite the fact I really didn't like her as a character.

I actually do like K as he is somewhat relatable. Kaske or whatever his name is is pretty annoying, but I'd say there's about 2/3 decent characters in this.

The show had potential, but it's pretty disappointing.
Jun 17, 2011 1:26 PM

Sep 2009
Kato can't use a gun.
Because extreme pacifism!
Oct 10, 2011 1:26 PM

Mar 2011
mehh.
Oct 21, 2011 2:05 PM

Jul 2009
Kato's not okay with shooting them, but he's okay with squeezing them.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Dec 8, 2011 9:44 PM

Jul 2009
I think the episodes are getting stupider and stupider. Like c'mon. Seriously? UGHHHH I cant believe i felt saddness when grandma and annoying kid died. They had it coming, but i guess its still sad, poor granny was still protecting kid till the end.

still...they're all dumb.

and i cant wait for the tits girl to die. So dumb.

Best scene ever"
RUN
NO YOU RUN
NO U RUN
RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN

how about both u fucking idiots get some balls and shoot the effin thing. And then no one has to run and get exercise for no reason.
Feb 27, 2012 9:13 AM

Jan 2012
People seem to be missing the point that the characters acting the way they do is central to the main point of the anime. Which is...

People suck. They're not nice. They're not brave. Most of them don't give a shit about each other, and even those who do often can't do a whole lot. And often, anyone who does anything is doing it because they have to.

It really showcases the true face of human nature. People bitch about how it's slow or about how it's a crappy anime, but I think most people are pissed off because they know someone/they are similar to one or more of the characters in the anime and just don't want to accept it.

That's how people roll.
Lemme smang it girl.
Apr 17, 2012 1:02 PM
Feb 2012
The robots are so fucking slow and takes so much time to user their "powers" and yet the characters can't outrun or kill them...

I hate those gangster type characters who doesn't have a brain and tries to solve everything with violence while threatening everyone because they think they are the "boss" or something.

Also, "Fists are more reliable than guns" - Katou, Masaru

lol
Apr 29, 2012 9:31 AM

Aug 2008
The grandma and the kid =dead.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
鳥はとぶ時
つばさでとぶが
あなたはとぶ時
何でとぶのですか?
Terayama Shuji
Oct 24, 2012 12:17 PM

May 2012
Last episode will conclude it all, lets see what it will bring us!
Feb 10, 2013 3:22 PM

Jan 2012
I can't remember a single show with so many dumb characters. Not to mention I have to lower the volume every time that bitch starts screaming.

Feb 12, 2013 9:14 PM

May 2012
Oh my god I've never been so frustrated (probably not true) watching an anime before. Everyone fucking character!!!! And for some reason hate big tits the most.
It's really not very realistic to me, I know not everyone is a super hero in real life, but this is just over the top. And why the hell did the fat biker guy get the upper hand like that?
Oh I'm unreasonably ticked off here, but of course need to keep watching...
Jun 4, 2013 5:04 AM

Jun 2012
The end was nuts. The boss room :S
Nov 13, 2013 5:21 PM

Dec 2012
Wicked_Glory said:
People seem to be missing the point that the characters acting the way they do is central to the main point of the anime. Which is...

People suck. They're not nice. They're not brave. Most of them don't give a shit about each other, and even those who do often can't do a whole lot. And often, anyone who does anything is doing it because they have to.

It really showcases the true face of human nature. People bitch about how it's slow or about how it's a crappy anime, but I think most people are pissed off because they know someone/they are similar to one or more of the characters in the anime and just don't want to accept it.

That's how people roll.

I see what you're saying, but I disagree. I could understand the three protagonist's hesitance the first time around. But at this point? If the idea here is that people are greedy and self-obsessed, then why are these characters struggling to save their own asses? It's not as if they're even being asked to fire on other human beings... they're going up against bizarre obviously otherworldly ROBOT BIRDS and rather than shoot them in the interest of self preservation they just sit there and cry!

For some characters, I can understand hiding in the corner and counting your blessings. A little boy and his grandma wouldn't be gung-ho action heroes. I could go on about how unrealistic I find THEIR reactions to all of this nonsense, but I don't believe they'd actually accomplish anything either so at least that bit is right.

The characters are just simply ALL unlikable and if this is supposed to be social commentary on how ugly humanity truly is at times... fine! But their reluctance, cluelessness, cowardice and stubbornness has become a bit over-the-top and it feels nearly insulting to be expected to entertain it for so long.

One episode left. It looks like we're going to end with a giant purple boss fight and that's fine with me. Let's see how they manage to wrap this up.
Jun 1, 2014 8:48 PM

Sep 2011
The difficulty level of this one is so much higher than the previous one. LOL

I would also like to say that all of the characters in this anime are so annoying, especially that blonde dude. Masaru is also super annoying with his "I CANT SHOOT" bullshit. (and sense of justice)
Jun 15, 2014 7:51 PM

Jun 2009
Aww. I feel a bit sorry for the grandma and kid.

One more to go!
Jul 12, 2014 2:58 PM

Jun 2009
If you'll watch the anime alone you'll get more pissed, so I would recommend reading the manga too, give it a try.. even I, this anime irritates me, but not the manga
ZinvyJul 12, 2014 3:02 PM
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Mar 12, 2015 10:14 AM

Jul 2007
People on heavy sedatives would be better fighters than these bunch of losers, they just fucking stand there and watch people die and then one muscle man goes and wraps his hands around dangerous robot.
Aug 1, 2015 12:06 PM

Apr 2014
Heigen said:
People on heavy sedatives would be better fighters than these bunch of losers.
lol. I am about done marathoning this, thank goodness. My favorite character in the show is still the dog..
---------My Profile------------
Aug 21, 2015 9:55 PM

Aug 2014
Wicked_Glory said:

It really showcases the true face of human nature.

This! also i was pretty bummed out how nishi went out.... i kinda liked him being the resident asshole/know-it-all that had his shit together the way he went out.... wasnt expecting that, i was just expecting him to just accept his fate and die then he had the whole emotional breakdown and admitting how he didnt hate anyone he just hated society kinda cliche but whatever
"Whatever happens, happens."

Jan 31, 2016 10:20 PM

Sep 2012
Great to see the grandma and kid get killed. I hated them the whole season.
Feb 1, 2016 1:12 AM

Aug 2013
I'm rooting for everyone to die. I swear that they're trying to die on purpose. It's not possible to be this stupid.
May 1, 2016 9:59 AM
Nov 2014
This really feels like a chewing gum. I've read the manga some years ago and I don't remember it as that boring. 50% of the scenes are 'omg I can't shoot, I'd rather watch someone die', which is more realistic but also annoying in my opinion.
Nov 1, 2016 10:34 PM

Mar 2016
For a minute i thought the grandma and the kid would make it (maybe the kid did survive since his grandma was protecting him with her body).
But meh, i was expecting more from this ep.
Jul 31, 2017 10:23 PM

Dec 2015
Wow. The most action-packed episode yet. I was actually entertained for most of the episode...but I've also had two shots and two beers...
Oct 12, 2017 11:46 PM

Jun 2013
UGH! I hate it whenever Kurono bitches about his jealousy and how Kishimoto keeps looking her at hubby, Kato. The only time Kurono is funny is when he's being shamed for his boners.

Ryota is so fucking annoying in the Anime, he was less annoying in the manga. As a matter of fact, he seemed more innocent in the manga.

Kato's bulging muscles are perfect for Kishimoto's bouncy tits. They're physically made for each other. Kurono is made for his hand.

That bird had no wings or arms, just legs. That alone made it freakier and more disgusting. These bird aliens with Jackie Chan space suits are worse than the Onion Aliens. The Onion Aliens, I felt sorry for them and my heart broke for them when they died but I don't care if these Suzuki Yuzo whatever alien birds die or not.

Obacchan protected Ryota until the end.
臭い-
Dec 28, 2017 6:52 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
HYPER BEAM ATTACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK !!!!!!!!!!! LMAO

The grandma and kid were annoying, thank god lol
張大です for 張大勇督察
Aug 13, 2018 1:32 PM

Sep 2011
Can I wish that the fucking kid is finally dead?

Sep 3, 2022 4:17 PM
Dec 2017
I remember this scene from when I first watched Gantz. Still feel bad for Ryota and his grandma. He was loud and irritating but still just a kid at the end of the day. Sucks that he was even there in the first place.
Sep 4, 2023 4:48 PM

Nov 2010
Aww, that poor old lady died. What a shame. I feel bad for her. That could've been avoided if Kishimoto, Hojo, and Katou weren't so indecisive with their actions and shooting. The first group was so much better at shooting.
Dec 27, 2023 4:14 PM
Jun 2022
2x speed to the rescue!
Feb 8, 5:43 PM

Jan 2020
Killing that robot rock lee doesn't seem so hard....Katou got gangraped by them.....

More topics from this board

» Should I watch the sequel to this or skip to the CG movie?

LenRea - Apr 1

7 by EmiPyon »»
Apr 3, 7:28 AM

Poll: » Gantz Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Sep 19, 2008

51 by Edomite »»
Mar 16, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Gantz Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Scribbly - Oct 5, 2008

68 by Randomega »»
Feb 8, 8:32 PM

Poll: » Gantz Episode 11 Discussion

Scribbly - Oct 4, 2008

48 by Randomega »»
Feb 8, 8:58 AM

Poll: » Gantz Episode 10 Discussion

B25Mitch - Sep 27, 2008

36 by Randomega »»
Feb 8, 6:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.