MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 25 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 »» Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 25 Discussion

Pages (72) « First ... « 70 71 [72]
View Poll Results: Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 Episode 25 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

2315 86.48%
4 out of 5: Liked it

177 6.61%
3 out of 5: It was OK

69 2.58%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

38 1.42%
1 out of 5: Hated it

78 2.91%
Voters: 2677

06-13-14, 4:40 AM

I couldn't stop crying............ This show and everything about it was epic
Don't make a girl a promise ... If you know you can't keep it .

06-15-14, 4:46 AM

Botato said:
kingwellsy said:
Did anyone else think Lelouch didn't die? i first picked up on it when C2 said his name at the very end then realised they didn't show who was driving the cart so i think that was him.

Nope, he died.

He can be live or died based your own preference since "-----Some unresolved mysteries still remain."

06-15-14, 5:31 AM

db84x said:
Botato said:
kingwellsy said:
Did anyone else think Lelouch didn't die? i first picked up on it when C2 said his name at the very end then realised they didn't show who was driving the cart so i think that was him.

Nope, he died.

He can be live or died based your own preference since "-----Some unresolved mysteries still remain."

The author declared him dead. That's not a mystery.
What is a mystery is all other Geass related stuff like Cs world and Akasha and whatnot.

06-17-14, 8:26 AM

Botato said:
db84x said:
Botato said:
kingwellsy said:

Nope, he died.

The author declared him dead. That's not a mystery.
What is a mystery is all other Geass related stuff like Cs world and Akasha and whatnot.

See full interview
----Congratulations on the completion of "Code Geass"!! It was a shocking final episode; did you have a difficult time writing it, Mr. Okouchi?

Okouchi: "No. The last episode wasn't difficult at all; in fact, it was the middle parts of R2 that turned out to be rough going. For the final episode, [I'd/we'd] already decided on the ending when writing the script for the first episode of the previous series. Episode 1, Episode 25 (Episode 1 and the final episode of the previous series) and episode 25 of R2 --- these episodes did not deviate much from our original plans."

----Some unresolved mysteries still remain.''

Okouchi: 'From the very beginning, [I/we] never planned on explaining everything. In fact, if you ask me, I think we might have overdone the explanations. While it's undeniable that Lelouch's story has ended with a full stop, the other characters' stories are still on-going, and it's not like the world [of Code Geass] itself has come to an end either. [I/we] didn't want to end it by closing it up for good.'

---- it possible that defeating the wise ruler Schneizel, the person who was supposed to have brought order to the world, might lead to some [viewers] interpreting it as a Bad End?"

Okouchi: "That's true. There are probably a lot of people who think of it as a Bad End, a tragedy, considering the protagonist's, Lelouch's end as well. However, Lelouch says in the first episode: "Only those prepared to be shot are allowed to pull the trigger themselves."If you were to think of that as his pride, then I think his getting shot (killed) in the end was a logical end. Of course, I understand that not all of the viewers will accept this ending. There were people who wanted a happier ending, after all."

----"Was there a dispute among the staff members regarding the ending?"

Okouchi: "No. It was decided fairly naturally. During the "Code Geass" script meetings, there are many cases in which there were a number of disputes, but there were barely any when it came to the scripts for (the previous series's) episode 25 and the final episode. I think everyone felt the same when it came to the end of the character that is Lelouch."

----"Why were you so bold as to choose this ending when the viewers might see it as a Bad End?"

Okouchi: "Bold... yes, we were so bold as to chose this ending. Perhaps the show that is "Code Geass" ending up this way was decided the moment Director Taniguchi and I teamed up. I suppose you can call it our sense of aesthetics, or perhaps a part of our psychological makeup."

He only said that Lelouch killed and his story is over, about death list don't forget that in past Nunaly is put in it but she revived again. So if you want Lelouch died then he die vice verse.
Modified by db84x, 06-17-14, 8:57 AM

06-17-14, 8:53 AM

Here's where he said Lelouch's dead.
There are probably a lot of people who think of it as a Bad End, a tragedy, considering the protagonist�s, Lelouch�s end as well. However, Lelouch says in the first episode: �Only those prepared to be shot are allowed to pull the trigger themselves.� If you were to think of that as his pride, then I think his getting shot (killed) in the end was a logical end. Of course, I understand that not all of the viewers will accept this ending. There were people who wanted a happier ending, after all.�

06-25-14, 9:02 PM

UGH LELOUCH.. So he's really dead. This series was amazing, even though I couldn't follow all the little details. If they ended it without Nunnally being able to know what kind of person Lelouch really is, I would have resented this series so much. Thank god they didn't. Lelouch is one of my most favorite characters in the anime I've watched so far.. so seeing him die was painful :( I believed in him till the end though, he was always one to lie to everyone and take the blame for stuff to fulfill an ultimate purpose, even in spite of himself. Freaking Lelouch.. T____T I already miss this anime, even if it hurt my brain at times.
Modified by fairy_glitter, 06-25-14, 9:07 PM

07-01-14, 4:44 AM

YEAAAAAA THE PRICK IS DEAD
Humans are pricks

RIP My dogs *Prince and star*

Just past the 1000th Mark bitches

Pains great speech: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bhuyU7fM2qg

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk

07-05-14, 10:29 PM

Botato said:
Here's where he said Lelouch's dead.
There are probably a lot of people who think of it as a Bad End, a tragedy, considering the protagonist�¢ï¿½ï¿½s, Lelouch�¢ï¿½ï¿½s end as well. However, Lelouch says in the first episode: �¢ï¿½ï¿½Only those prepared to be shot are allowed to pull the trigger themselves.�¢ï¿½ï¿½ If you were to think of that as his pride, then I think his getting shot (killed) in the end was a logical end. Of course, I understand that not all of the viewers will accept this ending. There were people who wanted a happier ending, after all.�¢ï¿½ï¿½

Director said he killed not dead, and in the dead list (Nunualy put in there once but she revived anyway) it said that Lelouch vi Britania dead not Lelouch Lamprouge and don't forget same scene when Nunaly touch Leluoch and Lelouch touch C.C. Director indeed have planned this ending to please both camp because for people who like he died he will died and vice verse. Since this debate will endless and pointless until true sequel of code geass reaveled, lets cut it short.
Modified by db84x, 07-05-14, 10:47 PM

07-06-14, 6:14 AM

db84x said:
Director said he killed not dead, and in the dead list (Nunualy put in there once but she revived anyway) it said that Lelouch vi Britania dead not Lelouch Lamprouge and don't forget same scene when Nunaly touch Leluoch and Lelouch touch C.C.
His name is Lelouch vi Brittania.
The whole Nunnaly holding hands thing is not what you think it is.

db84x said:
Director indeed have planned this ending to please both camp because for people who like he died he will died and vice verse. Since this debate will endless and pointless until true sequel of code geass reaveled, lets cut it short.
Yeah ok so if he lives how is it NOT a happy ending?
It's only endless because stubborn Lelouch fans are not accepting that he's dead (heh.. he even said so himself, he's dead but some people won't accept this ending... ). Some people need to stop being delusional :)

And there will be no sequels, the series does not need a sequel, and it will not be CG without Lelouch.

07-06-14, 8:57 AM

Botato said:
db84x said:
Director said he killed not dead, and in the dead list (Nunualy put in there once but she revived anyway) it said that Lelouch vi Britania dead not Lelouch Lamprouge and don't forget same scene when Nunaly touch Leluoch and Lelouch touch C.C.

db84x said:
Director indeed have planned this ending to please both camp because for people who like he died he will died and vice verse. Since this debate will endless and pointless until true sequel of code geass reaveled, lets cut it short.
It's only endless because stubborn Lelouch fans are not accepting that he's dead (heh.. he even said so himself, he's dead but some people won't accept this ending... ). Some people need to stop being delusional :)

And there will be no sequels, the series does not need a sequel, and it will not be CG without Lelouch.

I agree they need to stop and give up on the prick who dragged his sister's name through the mud.......lelouch deserved to die and I for one I'm glad the prick died
Humans are pricks

07-10-14, 6:54 AM

Botato said:
db84x said:

See that why this debate is pointless and useless because it just repeat same pattern over and over again. Death camp will always deny live camp argument and vice verse.

Botato said:
db84x said:

Actually debate going on because some arrogant fans who love argue something pointless. Even it continue it won't change anything just wasting time.

Animefreak17a said:
I agree they need to stop and give up on the prick who dragged his sister's name through the mud.......lelouch deserved to die and I for one I'm glad the prick died

Based on your statement, I why i must explain prof that Lelouch is alive. It just waste my time and won't change anything at all.
Modified by db84x, 07-10-14, 7:03 AM

07-10-14, 7:53 AM

db84x said:
See that why this debate is pointless and useless because it just repeat same pattern over and over again. Death camp will always deny live camp argument and vice verse
We did not deny it. The author did.
His death is canon, his survival is not.

None of the "reasons" or "proofs" live camp provided even hold.

07-10-14, 9:51 AM

db84x said:
Botato said:
db84x said:

See that why this debate is pointless and useless because it just repeat same pattern over and over again. Death camp will always deny live camp argument and vice verse.

Botato said:
db84x said:

Actually debate going on because some arrogant fans who love argue something pointless. Even it continue it won't change anything just wasting time.

Animefreak17a said:

Based on your statement, I why i must explain prof that Lelouch is alive. It just waste my time and won't change anything at all.

The creator of code gaess said melodic is dead.......don't believe me look it up he said so him self.........It's the fans who love lelouch who came up with reasons saying his alive, his dead get over it fan boy
Humans are pricks

07-18-14, 3:20 PM

heres my reaction when he was killed..........and yes he is dead no matter what you believe ......the creators said he was dead..........anyways

my reaction

http://www.tubechop.com/watch/3339336
Humans are pricks

07-19-14, 4:18 AM

Animefreak17a said:
heres my reaction when he was killed..........and yes he is dead no matter what you believe ......the creators said he was dead..........anyways

my reaction

Lol.

07-20-14, 1:38 AM

Animefreak17a said:

my reaction

I'm sure someones thrown this link up here, but how would you explain all of this then?

http://pastebin.com/rL43arBN

Edit: I just saw the stuff the writers wrote about it. The nunnaly reading hearts thing is rather convincing, especially since it would make sense why she always wanted to hold peoples hands. No one seems to have a counter for the origami in the wagon, or why CC would be on it though.
Modified by Chrisbox, 07-20-14, 4:35 PM

07-20-14, 6:46 AM

heres what I have to say about lelouch

http://www.tubechop.com/watch/3346673
Humans are pricks

07-21-14, 7:36 AM

Animefreak17a said:

He's not fat tho.

07-21-14, 8:14 AM

Chrisbox said:
Animefreak17a said:

my reaction

I'm sure someones thrown this link up here, but how would you explain all of this then?

http://pastebin.com/rL43arBN

Edit: I just saw the stuff the writers wrote about it. The nunnaly reading hearts thing is rather convincing, especially since it would make sense why she always wanted to hold peoples hands. No one seems to have a counter for the origami in the wagon, or why CC would be on it though.
Here, let me have a go

The Biggest Clue that he didnt die was the Paper crane:Nunnally taught Lulu to make those in R1
That doesn't really prove anything
Lelouch is still alive. He has Charles’ Code which he received when the man choked him.
No he doesn't. He clearly has Geass after Charles died, showing that he did not gain the Code
The Code activates first when you die, which happened. Charles code got activate when he shot himself the first time, same with C.C. when she was killed by the nun.
That's bullshit and the series never once states "You must die for Code to activate", nor is that statement necessary to explain any event. afaik, everything can be explained without it

Here, I'll even do the Charles one. You guys probably think that Charles fell for Lelouch's Geass, but that's not really true.
Major inconsistencies point towards it being the opposite
1. There is no bird-geass thingie
2. There is no mind-altering sequence
3. There are no red rings around Charles eyes
So with that in mind, what is the logical conclusion? Charles was just fucking around with Lelouch and pretended to be hypnotized so he could bait Lelouch. Is that a sufficient enough explanation? Sure
And before you say can’t have Code and a Geass at the same time, the Code wasn’t the one C.C. had, meaning that Lelouch was the first one to achieve Code Geass. Lelouch’s code also activates when Suzaku stabbed him.
What the fuck? "Code Geass"?
This is how the show tells us it works:
Code bearer gives someone a Geass. Geass strengthens with use and becomes both eyes and then uncontrollable. At the highest stage, the Code bearer can give his Code to that Geass user. Now the Geass user is a Code bearer and the ex-Code bearer is either normal or dies.
This is the bullshit that delusional idiots come up with:
Code bearer gives someone a Geass. Geass strengthens with use and becomes both eyes and then uncontrollable. At the highest stage, the Code bearer can give his Code to that Geass user. The Geass user has to die first before Code activates and the ex-Code bearer is either normal or dies

So basically, there is no stage called "Code-Geass" and if there were, every single Code-user would have obtained it; the person who gives you the Code doesn't really matter and Lelouch would still lose his Geass in the case that he did obtain Charle's Code (which didn't happen). And also again, the "you must die to activate Code" is bullshit
Nunnally even gets ‘memory watch’ when she touched Lelouch. It was the similar effects when Lelouch touched C.C.’s body back in the cave episode. This pretty much tells us that he really has the code and it is activating to revive him. He’s now traveling the country-side with C.C., living as immortals.
Nope. Just like with Charle's incident, this event was clearly different from others in the series, as we can tell by both presentation and content. There is no flashing images, a bunch of creep scenes, etc.
We don't necessarily know if Nunnally actually saw those scenes because, let's be honest, the main reason it was there was to make the scene more emotional.
Think of how dumb the ending would be if Lelouch died and Nunnally was like "wot just happened?" instead of crying
That’s the only reason for C.C. to be suddenly so happy again. Also, before you say that C.C. was just talking to the dead like with Marianne, that’s not true. She could only talk to her because of the nature of her Geass which allowed her to implant herself into the “hearts” of others. That’s how she was able to talk with Marianne. Lelouch’s Geass was entirely different, meaning that she could only have spoken to him if he was there.
She's happy because she finally found someone that was worth something and loved her, as opposed to the countless years where she was just bored.
And Lelouch doesn't have to be alive for C.C. to pretend to talk to him, just like how Kallen can "talk" to Lelouch as well
The man driving the cart at the end is Lelouch. You can tell by the way C.C. tilts her head back a bit and in the tone that she is using that she is talking to that person, who she calls Lelouch. They don't show you his face because they want to make you speculate about it, but he is alive.
And Lelouch must also live in Kallen's brain, because she was talking to him at the end of the show as well

There, I refuted pretty much the entire thing. Anyone else wanna have a go?
Modified by Forgetfulness, 07-21-14, 8:22 AM

07-21-14, 8:37 AM

Botato said:
Animefreak17a said:

He's not fat tho.

I know he's not fat........He's just a big fat twat
Humans are pricks