Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 6, 2012 3:04 AM

Jun 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Bambietta Basterbine is one hell of an awesome name.

Also is that guitar guy that one Visored? What was up with him?

All in all okay chapter, lots of killing.

But as predicted everyone is nicely splitting up, finding an opponent to fight one on one. Let's just hope this is not going to turn into another Karakura arc, with showing every single fight in detail therefore taking FOREVER fot his to finish. Although my hopes are faint. Gonna take at least half a year for these fights to finish and the "plot" to continue moving. I call it. (God knows I hope I'm wrong...)
grandy_UiDJun 6, 2012 3:08 AM
Jun 6, 2012 3:11 AM

Sep 2011
grandy_UiD said:

Also is that guitar guy that one Visored? What was up with him?

I think that's Rose who is indeed a Visored.
Jun 6, 2012 3:17 AM

Jun 2010
*Sees Kyouraku and Ukitake getting serious*

Bye Quincies.
Jun 6, 2012 3:20 AM

Jan 2009
-MgZ_ said:

i hope they finally show their Bankai this time
Jun 6, 2012 3:23 AM

May 2012
BYAKUYA BITCHES! He better pwn some Quincy ass! XD
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Jun 6, 2012 3:27 AM

Mar 2009
Uh.. obviously they're enemies.
Jun 6, 2012 3:33 AM

May 2009
Awful, just awful. Kubo spent three quarters of this chapter to set up who's gonna fight who, one of which was filled with his trademark pretentious dialogue, and when it comes to the combat he decides to narrate what's happening instead of showing us the battle. Kubo should fix his horrible writing style rather than killing off irrilevant characters just to prove that the meme "nobody dies in Bleach" isn't true.
Jun 6, 2012 3:50 AM

Mar 2012
That thorn guy is a feitan rip off
Shit chapter, 18 pages to show people walking up to each other?
How maby arcs of talking before they fight?
End Zionazism
Jun 6, 2012 4:13 AM

May 2011
Damn, those quincy really nuts!

Byakuya on the action!
Jun 6, 2012 4:15 AM
Aug 2010
I thought it was pretty neat, and as OP said, "Bambietta Basterbine is one hell of an awesome name". In any case, pretty brutal, I'm excited for the upcoming fights.

Like others have said, I hope Kubo doesn't drag the fights out too much though. Here's hoping.
Jun 6, 2012 4:39 AM

Oct 2010
Godofnerdiness said:
I thought it was pretty neat, and as OP said, "Bambietta Basterbine is one hell of an awesome name". In any case, pretty brutal, I'm excited for the upcoming fights.

Like others have said, I hope Kubo doesn't drag the fights out too much though. Here's hoping.

He probably has no choice but to drag the fights out since its a war. I just hope its one chapter per captain.
Jun 6, 2012 5:02 AM

Apr 2010
Here's hoping some main shinigami actually die…
Jun 6, 2012 5:05 AM
Aug 2010
bonifide said:
Godofnerdiness said:

He probably has no choice but to drag the fights out since its a war. I just hope its one chapter per captain.

I would be fine with that too.
Jun 6, 2012 5:07 AM

Mar 2011
Boring chapter.
Jun 6, 2012 5:53 AM

Aug 2007
I'm actually not really excited to see so many fights begin. :/ it'll take a hell lot of time to get to the main battle now
Jun 6, 2012 5:59 AM

Aug 2008
Byakuya in last panel burned out my fangasm meter *ç*

Anyway, little leukocyte girl name sounds totally stupid to me...probably the strange sound it has in my language...dunno...ò_ò

Aaaaaaaand...UKITAKE & KYOURAKU finally out to pwn some asses!!!! Yessssss!!! \(*w*)/
AtomicNunJun 6, 2012 6:25 AM
Jun 6, 2012 6:53 AM
Feb 2012
Did there need to be an entire chapter just to show who's fighting who? This is turning into Karakura all over again. In another year or so, these fights will still be going on and we'll get back to Ichigo still fighting one person.

Also, what's up with the guy asking why people are screaming before they die? Does he not know what pain is?
Jun 6, 2012 7:56 AM

Nov 2008
j0x said:
-MgZ_ said:

This.

Build up chapter, fights next chapter.
Jun 6, 2012 8:17 AM
Dec 2010
I actually quite enjoyed this, lots of badassness all around. And to be honest, the Quincy designs are something new and fresh for this series, not just more people with swords.

I have high hopes, Don't disappoint us, Kubo!
"I... don't need anything else...if you don't need anything else."
Jun 6, 2012 8:38 AM

Aug 2010
Ohh Byakuya, sexy as ever 8D lolol

This was a build up chapter so you can't expect too much. Actually I thought it was pretty good for a build up chapter.

Can't wait to see the captains fight. Pretty sure Kubo will drag out each fight. Oh well at least it's captains fighting and hopefully we'll get to see their bankais too. ^^
Jun 6, 2012 9:11 AM

Apr 2011
An alright chapter I guess. Byakuya at the end was awesome :3
Jun 6, 2012 9:23 AM

May 2011
So the match-ups are somewhat set.

Seeing Kyouraku, Ukitake, Rose, Komamura and Byakuya serious like that was good and should speed things up. Soifon and Toshiro are paired up too it seems.

The fact that these guys even lasted a few seconds in front of these "Quincies", shared some words and got into fighting position means Aizen probably won't be necessary here. I mean Yama-ji and some other Captains havn't even appeared yet. (Or we could be trolled next chapter with Quncies 1hko'ing everyone lol)

Still though, I will patiently await Aizen, whether it's now, at the climax of the story or even the epilogue.
Jun 6, 2012 9:31 AM

Apr 2011
Byakuya in the end<33333333333333333333333 awesomeeeee!!!!
Jun 6, 2012 9:55 AM

Oct 2007
dull dumb and short
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 6, 2012 10:02 AM

Feb 2012
Rose looks really badass, hope he is going to beat that Quincy.

Kyouraku and Ukitake are already using their shikai, they are ready to kill some Quincy.

Byakuya was just like Byakuya and it was awesome.

Also, As' thorn pierced right through the head of a shinigami and Bambietta cut another one in half which showed once again that this arc is going to be brutal.

I don't like to memorize new names in Bleach (especially the enemies' ones) and this tradition seems to continue, anyone feeling the same?
Jun 6, 2012 10:34 AM

Aug 2010
I agree with Zhou, would definitely like to see Rose fight. :)
Jun 6, 2012 10:47 AM
Jun 2010
grandy_UiD said:

Agreed.

I sort of liked this chapter although not much happened. Izuru might not have died though apparently since Rose quotes "If he dies, both I and my flying V will be sad". If you don't die from a blow like that then how the hell do you die?

I'm personally looking forward to seeing new bankais. Maybe Kenpachi/Yoruichi may surprise us lol? I'm sure Kyoraku and Ukitake have one but just haven't shown it but then again they didn't even show it when they fought captain Yamamoto. Oh well, who knows, just hope this shit doesn't drag on.

"There is someone that I must meet again. And until that day... not even Death himself can take my life away!"
Jun 6, 2012 11:14 AM

Dec 2010
j0x said:
-MgZ_ said:

This, also hoping we eventually see Urahara's bankai
Jun 6, 2012 11:24 AM
Mar 2012
grandy_UiD said:
Personally I think it sounds pretty ridiculous...

But LOL @ Rose and his Flying V.
In case you don't know what that is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gibson_Flying_V

Aldo512 said:
Did there need to be an entire chapter just to show who's fighting who? This is turning into Karakura all over again.
I'm afraid so, too... :/

InfiniteDestiny said:
j0x said:
-MgZ_ said:
This, also hoping we eventually see Urahara's bankai
That would be interesting.
But wasn't either Kyouraku's or Ukitake's Bankai so devastating that they didn't use it even in a fake town with just captains and vice-captains around? Not sure they'd use it on Soul Society then...
And Urahara's bankai is apparently pretty deadly, too. I hope we get to see at least that one - though they've not been involved in all this at all yet. Yoruichi could at least give them all a good beating up without having to use a zanpakoto.
Jun 6, 2012 11:36 AM

Sep 2007
Looks like we'll finally be able to see one of the vaizards actually duke it out for real. I was hoping for more of them though instead of the same old Renji and Byakuya and etc. (except for Kyouraku and Ukitake cause they're badass). And wtf is up with the quincy names? Nananananajahkoop? Really?
Jun 6, 2012 11:52 AM

Jul 2010
Loving it.Im interested in Bambietta Basterbine vs Komamura so much *w* and finally Kyouraku serious mode.Now theres no time to wait, USE BANKAI D:
Byakuya entrance ofc ftw.

Everything is looking wonderful, but i hope it wont be like all shinigamis won all fights in 1st chapter.Hoping for some death of good guys, and alot of injuries.Sounds like im sadist, but thats what Bleach needs, tho in last chapters we had some nice bloody scenes ^^
So...let me ask again, why the hell weeks are so long? >_>
Jun 6, 2012 11:57 AM

Jun 2009
ElenirLachlagos said:
grandy_UiD said:
Personally I think it sounds pretty ridiculous...

Yeah, that's the fun part. It's so ridiculous that it's cool ^^
Jun 6, 2012 12:28 PM

Feb 2012
ElenirLachlagos said:
But wasn't either Kyouraku's or Ukitake's Bankai so devastating that they didn't use it even in a fake town with just captains and vice-captains around? Not sure they'd use it on Soul Society then...
And Urahara's bankai is apparently pretty deadly, too. I hope we get to see at least that one - though they've not been involved in all this at all yet.

Ukitake told Kyouraku that his bankai shouldn't be used with so many people around and Urahara's bankai isn't suited for training, I think we don't know more than this about their bankai. I doubt they wouldn't use it against such strong enemies
Jun 6, 2012 1:06 PM
Aug 2011
Godofnerdiness said:
bonifide said:
Godofnerdiness said:

Sorry but this will probably not happen.... The fights will take long to finish...

I would be fine with that too.
Jun 6, 2012 2:24 PM

Jun 2011
A kinda slow chapter and nothing much happened, but I still enjoyed it xD
Rose was kinda cool, but Byakuya's appearance totally made my day <3
I can't wait of the next one ^^
Jun 6, 2012 2:27 PM

Aug 2010
Probably at LEAST 2 chapters per fight. At least.
Jun 6, 2012 2:29 PM

Jun 2008
Mikasa said:
That thorn guy is a feitan rip off
Shit chapter, 18 pages to show people walking up to each other?
How maby arcs of talking before they fight?

That the most stupid thing anyone can say since this is crazy fast events considering Bleach usual rhythm.

Actually since this is the final arc am surprised by this pace. Ether Kubo is ordered to finish fast, or he wants to finish fast and start something else Or this whole Quincy invasion and fights isn't what this arc is all about but just a tool for the following events of this arc.

People say he will drag the fights but seeing as how he didn't drag the build up to the fights as much as other times i am thinking that this fights will actually be smaller than what we previously saw with the Espada and such.
Jun 6, 2012 2:33 PM

Jan 2008
This chapter was good but once again we've reached a point where Bleach is building up a lot of questions -_-

Ehm, why don't they just go angel mode and turn soul society into a crater. Even if we assume the effects of what they absorb are irreversible, wouldn't it be worth it if they won?

Why is Renji's opponent holding back like that? It's like they're stalling for some reason, like this first charge is a diversion for something else...

And where's the quincy emperor, heading towards captain-commander Yamamoto? Or some other place?

Jun 6, 2012 2:43 PM

Feb 2011
Real catchy names you got there, Kubo.

These sort of chapters are a good que to go back to reading Bleach in bundles.
Jun 6, 2012 3:03 PM

Dec 2011
Nice. Byakuya is just awesome. I cannot wait who will dominate the fights!
I wanna see the Bankai of Ukitake and Kyoraku.
Cannot wait how it works!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 6, 2012 3:48 PM

Jul 2011
Sounds invincible.. Good to see everyone into Action Again <3
Jun 6, 2012 4:21 PM
Oct 2010
byakuya at the end.. someones gonna get raped

where is zaraki though D:
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jun 6, 2012 4:37 PM

Feb 2010
They spent this whole chapter setting up fights, so where the hell is Kenpachi?
Jun 6, 2012 4:43 PM
May 2012
No kenpachi? Kubo, the fuck?!

Byakuya was awesome! :D

But the name of the girl is not as classy as it should be. I am a little dissapointed.
Jun 6, 2012 6:21 PM

Sep 2009
This chapter was pretty much useless; not even a decent part this week. Where is Rukia? She has become so secondary ever since being rescued by Ichigo. The fight with the 9th Espada was long, but then few panels after that. She is the one who got me reading Bleach along with Ichigo. Their interactions were awesome, wanna see more of that.

Jun 6, 2012 10:29 PM
Jun 2012
Hey everyone! This is my first post since joining this site. I'm really excited to see the Captain's and Lieutenants ready to take on the Sternritter. I have a sneaking suspicion that a few Capt's and Lt's will die. I think Komamura will be the first to go. He doesn't bring much to the table.

I am really stoked to see Shunsui and Ukitake already in shikai! I really hope TK doesn't botch their bankai's after making the readers wait so long to see them.

Anybody else think that Yama sent Kenpachi to help Ichigo in HM and sent Shinji to Karakura town to get the remaining Vizords to bring back to SS?? I could be totally wrong but it wouldn't be the first time.

I'm glad to be here. Hope some of y'all stop by and say hello!
Jun 7, 2012 2:33 AM

May 2010
I hoped, that there'll happen a little... More things in this chapter.
Especially after that AWESOME COVER with Gol D. Roger :D!
Well, at least Byakuya showed up. I hope for more action next week!
Jun 7, 2012 5:25 AM

Jul 2010
So it's going to be one on one fight all over again.

Otherwise i like this pace.. Kubo using his panels nicely this time. I giggled when little girl said "They made little puppy like you a captain"
Jun 7, 2012 5:36 AM

Sep 2009
Awesome ch and Bambietta Basterbine really is an awesome name XD...the only one I bothered to remember.

I have the feeling that the king is heading towards some place or has another agenda for coming to SS.

I hope we finally get to see Ukitakes and Sunsui's bankais in this fight....they just have to QAQ

As awesome as Byakuya's appearance was I don't think he'll win this one. Ichigo is stronger than him and he's taking really long to finish the nazi angel.

Komamura will prob get offed by Bambietta, hitsugaya will likely win to please the fans, Rose will win as well considering how ridiculous that guy looks.

Don't see Soi Fon winning without her bankai, if she would choose to use it.

That guy is def holding back on Renji but he hasn't gone bankai and will not be offed cause well...he's popular.

All I wanna know is
- where the hell is Grimmjow
- where is Yamamoto going
- will Ichigo ever get dubs
- when will Aizen bust out or be released
- are we actually going to see Ukitake, Shunsui, Yamamoto and Urahara's bankais in this fight or later on
Jun 7, 2012 10:56 AM
May 2012
Inarius

All I wanna know is
- where the hell is Grimmjow
- where is Yamamoto going
- will Ichigo ever get dubs
- when will Aizen bust out or be released
- are we actually going to see Ukitake, Shunsui, Yamamoto and Urahara's bankais in this fight or later on[/quote said:

We'll get the bankai's for sure. The fight are really serious now!

I wanna know if Ichigo has any new power ups, because he lost his hollow side and only with bankai he's not gonna go far...Since Ginjo stole his fullbring, i don't know for sure, but he can't use it anymore, right? X)
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 60 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 19, 2009

5 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 17, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 570 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 26, 2014

90 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 14, 6:04 PM

» Bleach Next Generations?

Fullmetaldak - Apr 10

13 by Fullmetaldak »»
Apr 13, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 7, 2012

102 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 6, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 674 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

50 by _Zanga »»
Mar 31, 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.