Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 13, 2018 4:54 AM

Aug 2013
I couldn't stand the animation at all...dropped
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
Sep 23, 2018 8:55 PM
Jul 2018
*not even 1 minute into episode 1*
Ew, CGI.
Jan 5, 2019 11:02 PM

Dec 2015
It seems relatively interesting for what it is, an historical tale turned into a war nekketsu. But the extremely visible CGI used for EVERYTHING `makes it hard to watch. The rare cuts to somewhat decent drawn pictures underlines the uglyness ugliness even more.

2/5
Jun 8, 2019 6:37 AM

Feb 2013
The animation sucks but I like the story.
RIP Piao.
Jun 23, 2019 1:16 AM

Jul 2015
Pretty interesting start, hopefully the animation gets better in later episodes.

Aug 21, 2019 12:11 PM

Mar 2016
Certainly one of the worst presentations I've ever seen...
What looks good in episode 1? The 2D and that characters death. Everything else is between bad and horrendous. The 3D is awful, the music doesn't fit the show, the direction is lackluster almost all the way and the voices don't even match the characters (personality).
That's what happens when you give the series to an unknown director.

Also, doesn't the opening sequence contradicts itself later in the episode? -.-
Aug 4, 2020 8:02 AM

May 2015
CGI is hurting my eyes, but I hope that story will compensate that.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 13, 2021 11:00 AM
Oct 2019
haha, well, i certainly was not expecting that

i saw this shows high ratings and that the show was generally well regarded. i certainly didn't expect that level of animation. it very much reminds me of 2016 Berserk, which people *LOVE* to hate. and the MC's english VA is pretty annoying, too. worse than asta from Black Clover, which people also love to hate

as for the show, i was wondering: 1) how that servant kid could've died so soon into the show when i thought he was going to be a key figure, 2) that that servant kid looked a lot like the older half brother/ruler kid... wait, maybe the servant kid really did die and that kid in the shack is actually the ruler kid... hmm

it's a 6 or 7/10 to start. decent, not great. but interesting enough to give it a few more episodes to truly judge
HagePotPotatoMay 13, 2021 11:24 AM
Jan 12, 2022 5:31 AM

Dec 2007
in the first time trying watching this, the CGI made me quite lol, the second time the story just pulled me. to me it seems the more the story continues the animation is better, or rather bearable.

at any rate, i love this already.
and my guess about the end is
Apr 24, 2022 11:01 AM

May 2020
carried by the story
the animation is not bad but the CGI is janky
also the dub is pretty bad

Aug 1, 2022 8:19 AM

Jan 2020
Ajin meets code lyoko in an utterly horrible animation style. I want to die but I'll keep going
Sep 3, 2022 8:45 PM
Sep 2022
Learn Pinyin, acting director. You've really shown us all how little you care about people's names. Hooey, Shooey, Phooey? "Feng" is pronounced like Fung would if it were an English word. It's so aggravating that nobody bothers to read the key to Pinyin, the official Romanization of Mandarin. It's brilliant and easy, but there are a couple that catch me like the one I just mentioned. it's also the name of a favorite Chinese restaurant of mine. So I have help in memorizing that. Also is words ending in "ui". Take Chu Shui. On the show it's "Chu shooey". Ever heard a Chinese person say that sound? I haven't. Anyway, this one is pronounced Shway. It's not a Pinyin rule that I know of. I've been all over China and water is always Shway, with a tone that goes down and then up. I won't go through teaching Pinyin. Here isn't the place. It's not long or difficult. The vowels usually have one sound. The only one that doesn't is I and it's pretty obvious AFTER you see the list of ee sounds. This show doesn't have any incorrect I'd but my point is that Pinyin is a huge deal. It's everywhere and the pronunciation rules aren't completely arbitrary like English. "A, as in apple? oo oo Teacher, if A were in apple then wouldn't it be eipple?" The names of the vowels are seldom how they're pronounced in English. Pinyin is way easier than either English or Chinese. To learn the correct pronunciation JUST GOOGLE IT. To the acting direction on this show, get with it because your lack of interest makes you look stupid. The names sound ridiculous and none of the Chinese names even sound Chinese.
Pinyin is simply the Chinese language mapped onto the letters of the alphabet and some redundant letters are used for new sounds. It's intelligent, not just made up on the fly while the camera is rolling by idiots to do a single thing and quit. It took a lot of thought to create Pinyin.
Just Google Pinyin. I know it's mostly too late for this show but AARGH, it's just so annoying to hear people making up their own version of Zheng, pronounced Djung, yes,ike dung but with a short j in there. The e is most often the backwards e symbol in phoenetics, which is u. I can't find keyboards for any of this and maybe that's part of the problem. I dunno but I feel the need for math symbols, Pinyin, phoenetics and tone marks for Pinyin.
Maybe someday all countries can communicate seamlessly with a phoenetic alphabet. I'm undecided at best. Enjoy the show folks,
Oct 10, 2022 7:58 AM

Jul 2013
I have two issues right off the bat: first and foremost, very hard to miss, that atrocious CGI and wonky and stiff animation like wtf? And second, these chinese names are gonna be hard to remember man I'm not used to them. But let's see what happens, story-wise it's interesting and I know everything gets better especially in the later seasons.
Oct 26, 2022 5:05 AM

Dec 2018
great episode, horrible pacing and awful animation. not as bad as berserk so i'll get used to it, but shocking a little.
Apr 1, 2023 1:10 AM
Mar 2023
I dislike the visuals and animation. The idea that seeing war is incredible doesn't seem to really be my thing either, mostly not in the way that is presented
Dec 30, 2023 8:27 AM
May 2022
The animation was terrible
Jan 18, 10:44 PM

Mar 2018
that animation though
hello hello
Mar 10, 11:17 AM

Sep 2014
I heard the early seasons are wonky and the later ones are where Kingdom really shines, but damn this is rough

And some people actually believe CGI is anything but cancer to anime

50 minutes later and I dont think I can do this.
This might genuinely be the worst looking thing I have ever seen.
The story at this point doesnt make up for it either. Comically evil character (the younger brother) and his weird monster like servant..
Very wonky worldview in general, seeing war and thinking "thats cool lets join" just does not appeal to me.

Maybe I will read the manga.. in 20 years, because this certainly leaves a sour taste behind. dropped.
Comander-07Mar 10, 12:12 PM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Ou ki and Kyou

Hacker075 - Apr 25

3 by Justforseven1 »»
Apr 25, 4:56 AM

Poll: » Kingdom Episode 20 Discussion

KiraYoshikage - Oct 15, 2012

27 by Zedz_c »»
Apr 17, 6:53 AM

» Sub who uses the japanese names

L1ncoln86 - Feb 6, 2023

9 by ErwinsArm »»
Apr 13, 1:02 PM

» Should I start this??

Wildbergerrrr - Mar 25

22 by Justp94 »»
Apr 2, 6:47 PM

Poll: » how is the dub for this

Homura24 - Apr 24, 2022

5 by Justp94 »»
Mar 26, 2:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.