Forum Settings
Forums

Do you workout, exercise or even playing sports? and why are you doing this?

New
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 4, 2012 2:32 PM

Jun 2012
oooooh there is a thread for this. :)
Yes. I workout very often and run miles frequently. My legs are extremely strong but I still need to work my upper body since I can only bench 120 :( I linear leg press over 1200 pounds so you can tell I work the legs too much..... lol I would like to do sports but my eyes are bad for I have strabisthmis. Although for highschool I plan to try football because of my leg strength I could do runningback. American football that is, and maybe even rugby.
but you don't even know how dank my memes are
Jun 4, 2012 4:02 PM

Aug 2007
i do p90x so i can workout at 2am and not have to leave my house. ive always wanted a nice body, and using workout programs like p90x and insanity seem to be a good way to get it. though my main problem is i cant seem to gain any weight. even after 2 months of working out ive only gained 8 pounds. 5foot 11inches 138 pounds. still way to skinny.
Jun 4, 2012 5:17 PM

Mar 2012
Cinerary said:
If you don't want to jog, jumping rope is a great alternative. It's all I do for cardio.

This. I can't run right now because of some knee problems, but swimming/jump rope has kept me good to go on the cardio front.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Jun 4, 2012 6:08 PM

Feb 2012
Hmm i guess playing basketball is excersing and a sport, same with Tennis and i play both. Other than my Fa Jing, Ki and Isshin ryu classes im not that active. I pretty much eat whatever i want and cant gain weight, the only way for me to gain weight is eating alot of meat and i eat like 8 pounds a day.

When i was 14 i exercised alot since i was fat, ii was 5'5 and 200 pounds...yeah you get the picture. Of course i quit when i was almost 16 since it wasn't working lol and i gained weight :/. Then at 16 i grew 4 inches and then again at 17 i grew another 5 inches and then another inch in Feb, so im 6'3 and 215 but i really want some muscle,i got some but not much(im a bit flabby) so i guess i should do some weightlifting but im still growing.
Jun 4, 2012 6:23 PM

Jan 2012
ZBurn said:
Hmm i guess playing basketball is excersing and a sport, same with Tennis and i play both. Other than my Fa Jing, Ki and Isshin ryu classes im not that active. I pretty much eat whatever i want and cant gain weight, the only way for me to gain weight is eating alot of meat and i eat like 8 pounds a day.

When i was 14 i exercised alot since i was fat, ii was 5'5 and 200 pounds...yeah you get the picture. Of course i quit when i was almost 16 since it wasn't working lol and i gained weight :/. Then at 16 i grew 4 inches and then again at 17 i grew another 5 inches and then another inch in Feb, so im 6'3 and 215 but i really want some muscle,i got some but not much(im a bit flabby) so i guess i should do some weightlifting but im still growing.

Whats wrong with doing weightlifting while still growing ? Just do it or next time you will tell yourself this ''Why Didn't I start earlier last time ''
Actually glad that nepal is facing disaster
Jun 4, 2012 6:59 PM

Feb 2012
Spacebar said:
ZBurn said:

Whats wrong with doing weightlifting while still growing ? Just do it or next time you will tell yourself this ''Why Didn't I start earlier last time ''

Okay thanks, i though i since im going through another growth spurt(cause im appetite is throw the roof now) i get some muscle but i wont take chance, ill hit the gym with my dad then since he's struggling to get muscle. I should increase my protein intake and cut of the junk, sucks but i dont wanna regret not doing when im older and my metabolism hit's rock bottom.
Jun 4, 2012 7:03 PM

Apr 2012
ZBurn said:

I was wondering what do you eat to get that tall lol. Im 19 and only 6'1 and it sounds like your growing again lol. Im weight lift alot and pretty musclar but im concern about my height. I wonder if those HGH pills will work, i just need to add a few more inches, anybody got some ideas?
Jun 4, 2012 7:11 PM

Aug 2010
I started working out last week. So out of shape. :P
Jun 5, 2012 8:02 AM

Jul 2011
I'm starting an intense strength training/ cardio workout for the summer. 2 days in and I already feel like quitting.. lmao not really but jogging for 45min~ straight is so much different than what I'm used to. (15min~)
Jun 5, 2012 8:26 AM
Jun 2012
I do a light workout at a gym every second day and I also occasionally play some soccer, maybe once every 2-3 weeks.
Jun 5, 2012 9:17 AM

May 2012
I've always been physically strong so I work out all the time. I started doing it seriously when I turned 14. I've got two main routines that I alternate between.

Strength(Push Ups, Sit Ups, Pull Ups, Weight Lifting) on Mon,Wen,Fri and Sun
Cardio(Excercise Bike, Jumping Jacks, Squats) on Tue,Thu,Sat

Sometimes the days get switched around due to me being a little lazy but I stay on track for the most part lol. The excercises are all pretty basic and I try not to do too many of them because I don't want to get RIPPED. I just like staying in shape.
Jun 5, 2012 12:24 PM

Apr 2011
It's a wonder I'm not fat.
Jun 5, 2012 12:31 PM

Nov 2011
Lately said:
I'm starting an intense strength training/ cardio workout for the summer. 2 days in and I already feel like quitting.. lmao not really but jogging for 45min~ straight is so much different than what I'm used to. (15min~)

Put some earphones and listen to some music should help make the time go faster. Also, easier on you if you maintain consistent speed instead of speeding and slowing throughout your jog(you can add sprints in your jog when your cardio improves).
The Art of Eight
Jun 5, 2012 1:27 PM

Jan 2009
I play tennis and football (not gridiron, and f*ck you it's not soccer, it's only called soccer in America) but I suck at both of them anyways I'm good at basketball as a center or power forward position in the low post areas.

Can't say that I am fast but I can say that I have proper moves and techniques to out score and rebound better than the one guarding me even a taller one.
Jun 5, 2012 2:20 PM

Jul 2011
dankickyou said:

Put some earphones and listen to some music should help make the time go faster. Also, easier on you if you maintain consistent speed instead of speeding and slowing throughout your jog(you can add sprints in your jog when your cardio improves).

Yeah I usually speed up/slow down when I run lol. Ill keep in mind to stay consistent and bring my ipod with me for a jog. :)
Jun 5, 2012 9:56 PM

Apr 2011
I don't play sports because I don't really like it and I'm not very good at it. I workout occasionally if I am bored or maybe I have a lot of things on my mind. And I walk enough daily to keep my weight in the same deca.
Jun 6, 2012 11:17 AM

Nov 2011
I'm not gonna look through 9 pages, but someone should seriously post a "Do you even lift?" Pic.
The Art of Eight
Jun 6, 2012 12:18 PM
Sep 2009
Don't really play sports any more. I will play a pick up game if my neighbour's home, otherwise, I just go for jogs and lift. Need to get fit for the ladies Hinagiku Katsura. I'm about 6'1, 200 now...gotta trim down 10 more pounds and I'm good.
Jun 6, 2012 1:54 PM

Aug 2009
I absolutely love yoga. I do it everyday and it's the most relaxing exercise I have ever tried. Otherwise, I'm a huge softball/dodgeball fan.
Jun 6, 2012 1:58 PM

Apr 2011
i use to work out every day... in the past year not so much, university has been busy. i probably should make more of an effort to get back into the swing of things. im getting out of shape (p_q)

i dont play sports though, im terrible at them
Jun 6, 2012 1:58 PM

Jun 2008
Of course I do. Not sports though, as I don't have time to join any teams, especially at my age. I do exercise everyday though. Really keeps your blood pumping and puts you in a good mood. :)
Jun 6, 2012 3:20 PM

Feb 2012
SyncRain3 said:
ZBurn said:

I was wondering what do you eat to get that tall lol. Im 19 and only 6'1 and it sounds like your growing again lol. Im weight lift alot and pretty musclar but im concern about my height. I wonder if those HGH pills will work, i just need to add a few more inches, anybody got some ideas?

i dunno dude, my dad is 6'5 and my mom 6'1 so i guess it's genetics?
Jun 6, 2012 3:21 PM

Jun 2012
I do so I can get my daily adrenaline kick.
I just love the feeling I get after running.
I mostly do running, I can't be bothered with joining any sport clubs or do gym training.
Jun 7, 2012 4:23 AM

Nov 2009
i do tae kwon do about twice to three times a week and been doing so for 11 years, it's fantastic for fitness and self defence should anyone be stupid enough to bring a knife or a broken bottle to my throat in the pubs/clubs

if i have the grass to lay on and the wind to stroke my cheek, i dont need anything else, sleeping with a contented smile.
Jun 7, 2012 7:48 AM

Apr 2011
dankickyou said:
I'm not gonna look through 9 pages, but someone should seriously post a "Do you even lift?" Pic.

Problem solved.

Anyway, I've started hitting the gym again and this time shit's gone serious. Weights early in the morning and cardio in the evening (treadmill at home)
Jun 10, 2012 11:42 AM

Nov 2011
GloriousHawk said:
dankickyou said:

Problem solved.

Anyway, I've started hitting the gym again and this time shit's gone serious. Weights early in the morning and cardio in the evening (treadmill at home)

PERFECTO!
The Art of Eight
Jun 10, 2012 11:49 AM

Jun 2011
I lift. I'm pass DYEL mode and been trying to get the courage to go on a bulk even though why I would want to do that during summer is beyond me.
tfw no gf
tfw i keep getting the banhammer on here
tfw Koleare keeps banning me every other day
tfw I'm misunderstood by le mod
Jun 10, 2012 1:00 PM

Jun 2012
I enjoy biking everyday. I also am in marching band (if that counts, since it takes up about 10 hours without competitions).

Well personally, I enjoy biking (and marching, if it counts as anything), I do not force myself to do it, nor do I feel like I must. There are lots of sports to choose from, so people usually just find what they like, while others may not like any and so may tell themselves they should do an activity.

Jun 10, 2012 1:18 PM

Mar 2011
Summer's here, and I've realised how unfit I've become when I could barely keep up with my 12 year old cousin when we went to play football together. May not be a bad thing, considering that's his thing, and he will be trying out for Arsenal youth team this summer, but darn, he mocks me now (damn twerp). I used to play volleyball and basketball in Italy, but having not found a decent team to join here, I've become lazy. Though, will be hitting the gym, and work on improving my endurance and such.
Jun 10, 2012 2:57 PM

Jan 2011
Started going to Planet Fitness at the start of this year..

Prior to that I used to do boxing training, mainly heavy bag workouts. Ooh, and The Fight: Lights out, more so since they got a workout DLC.

And before that, I did what any other Asian did: Play DDR, hahaha...
Jun 10, 2012 3:35 PM

Mar 2012
Emulated some Euro 2012 goals at a pitch with a few friends, was hilarious.
LoneWolf said:
Jun 10, 2012 3:49 PM

Jun 2012
I have a high metabolism,so I can eat without getting fat
and I don't like sports that much,I don't even watch any sports' channel.
My name is Signature..
Jun 10, 2012 5:58 PM

Oct 2008
I've started running recently. I've never been the type to really exercise before so at the moment it's mostly in order to get into a little better shape. It's summer, so it's way too easy to end up sitting around the entire time. I definitely don't want to go back to school in the fall having sat around all summer, just to be destroyed by all of the walking I'll have to do to get to classes.

Other than that, I play tennis (it's been a while though since my usual tennis partner has been off at college in another state).

I also do poi, which definitely ends up being a workout depending on how strenuous the stuff I'm practicing is.

Jun 10, 2012 6:01 PM

Sep 2011
Skinny but not athletic..
Jun 10, 2012 6:03 PM

Mar 2012
Aomi_Ken said:
I have a high metabolism,so I can eat without getting fat
SecretAgent194 said:
Skinny but not athletic..

This ain't the "are you skinny" thread, gents.
LoneWolf said:
Jun 10, 2012 6:20 PM

Jan 2012
I run intensely for 30 minutes a day to lose weight
Jun 10, 2012 8:36 PM
Jul 2009
I jog occasionally.
Jun 10, 2012 8:37 PM

May 2011
Every 2 weeks looks something like this for me:

Weight Training
Week 1: Mon, Wed and Fri.
Week 2: Tues, Thurs.
(Usually for only about an hour each day)

Cardio/Sports/Other physical activity
- Usually swim in between gym days but not always. Kind of casual.
- Play basketball or street hockey with family/friends on the weekend `casually` (whenever we feel like it and when the weather is nice. It`s not a duty or anything)
- Often go for outdoor walks.
- Also, I have a habit of subconsciously walking back and forth at home when having a conversation with family, talking with peers, having a snack or even on the phone lol. It`s wierd but I`ve always had this habit.

Why exercise? Because first of all, it`s fun, healthy, a good place to socialize, meet friends/girls and go all out (Quit Tae-Kwon-Do a few years ago but it never truly left me). Secondly, we care about our appearance. Thirdly, my favourite anime characters of all time work out too ^^ (no joke, it`s an actual motivation factor ^^)

At the end of the day, you just have to try having fun with it like anything else, keep a schedule with breathing room and not get over-obsessive (I do get like this once in a while but hey, a little bit of something bad can be a good thing too) or distant yourself from others.
Kayaba-Jun 10, 2012 8:45 PM
Jun 10, 2012 9:55 PM

Aug 2007
Before, i tend i not do excercise at all, especially since Physical Education class isn't required after 10th grade in high school. Back then i was really fat, yet still healthy. Now i have type 1 diabetes mellitus, so i have to exercise 5 out of 7 days minimum in order to controll my blood glucose levels. I never was the athletic type, so i usually walk with my dog for at least 30 minutes. I walk after dinner since i tend to get my lowest blood glucose levels before dinner time.
MaoraJun 10, 2012 10:02 PM
Jun 12, 2012 6:55 PM

Mar 2012
Getting closer to my goal of being able to jump rope for 30 minutes. 30 minutes may be nothing for running or biking, but skipping is pretty darn intense. Gives me new respect for those people that can go for an hour +, like boxers.
JoshJun 12, 2012 7:03 PM
LoneWolf said:
Jun 12, 2012 9:48 PM

Jun 2012
play frisbee, run, take walks. Though at frisbee since most people are like 20+ I pity them cause I barely do any exercise and its so easy to cover them because they're just so old

also all work and no play makes jack a dull boy
RegicideJun 12, 2012 9:57 PM
~"The place to improve the world is first in one's own heart and head and hands." (Pirsig)

Jun 13, 2012 8:57 PM
Feb 2010
I love doing physical activities like rock climbing and swimming; I usually don't let myself go more than a week without proper exercise. Why? I'm attracted to fit girls, so I want to be unattractive to them.
Jun 13, 2012 9:23 PM

Feb 2012
I used to play Badminton for gym class whenever they allowed us free time (if you can really call it that considering we usually just sit on a bench and do nothing...). I really liked it and a friend of mine would always join. We'd play pretty hardcore and work up quite a sweat, so i suppose that's what kept me pretty thin that year.

I pay more attention to my diet now, so i don't necessarily need excess exercise, but i still like to go out and run once in a while when the sun is setting or just nonexistent in the sky (Texas heat kills me). I plan to do it every morning once my summer classes are over since it's pretty fun. Plus, i'm way out of shape...a few steps up a hill and i'm already breathing hard.

I used to ride my bicycle around, but all our bicycles are busted in some way and sitting on an uncomfortable seat while my legs did all the work just didn't seem that good for my butt. At one point i plan to go out and practice using the Bow and Arrow set i bought. Outdoor activities are fun if the sun isn't out and burning your skin, so whenever there was some form of camp field trip i'd always want to do. Rock climbing, swimming, hiking- love them all. If only i had easier access to them, but adventuring into the tiny dry forest behind my neighborhood is enough for now.
Jun 14, 2012 8:23 AM

Sep 2010
I love exercise and sports, but I don't really do much anymore... Back when I could, I used to do muay thai and cycle everywhere. At the end of the week I would do power yoga and there would always be a long weekly walk :d
I also absolutely love playing squash. It's just as good as muay thai for taking out anger :d
Sadly, now I don't have enough energy to get much of that done, which is a shame :/

I'm on weight restoration so I still manage to do mini "work outs" to restore the right type of weight... I enjoy walking and walk whenever I can. In the future I'm hoping to start thai boxing again :)
Jun 16, 2012 7:25 PM

Apr 2007
I had to take a break because I got really sick, but yes.
I want to improve my self image.
Jun 16, 2012 9:23 PM

Jun 2012
When you say "sports," I definitely do a lot of them, mostly basketball, soccer, and tennis. It just feels like you're into it and that it's interesting. Most of the time, when my friends ask me to try a sport with them, I accept their requests. Also, whenever I play a sport, I feel as though each time is...inconsistent. Like each time something is different apart from the other days.

When I hear "exercise," that's when I lazily decline, not really being interested in it much. The worst of it all is that it's routine. Sure, there might be little changes here and there, but overall, it just feels the same. Even though I don't like to exercise, I think I may have to suck it up for this summer.
Jun 17, 2012 12:34 AM

Aug 2010
Do sport include 2*10 minutes of bicycle and 5*7 hours of a moderatly active job? Cause that's pretty much all i do when i'm not sitting here.
Jun 17, 2012 1:53 AM
Jul 2010
LordAkbar said:
I run daily and workout every night. I don't lift much anymore since i don't have weights at my house so i focus on body weight workouts and tension cord stuff. The reason why i work out is just for the pride of having a nice body.

Same here, mate.
Lightyear8684Apr 29, 2013 12:20 PM
Jun 17, 2012 4:27 AM

Apr 2012
I jog sometimes because I'm going to run 10 kilometres very soon. Third time if I recall correctly. And I workout often but now I think I won't be able to do that 'cause my arm hurts badly. Well I played tennis on Wii yesterday a little bit too much! :(

I used to play archery but my school ruined so not anymore. I figure skate with my older sister and and of course I have to jog too.
Jun 17, 2012 11:19 AM

Aug 2010
I get fat easily and I love food, so I get up and do an hour of swimming 2 or 3 times a week. I do it purely for cosmetics and so that I feel young!
METAL GEAR!?
Pages (10) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you hide or deny your dark side to others or society?

deg - 6 hours ago

13 by deg »»
13 minutes ago

» Plushies

_Nette_ - Yesterday

16 by DesuMaiden »»
16 minutes ago

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 23

34 by DesuMaiden »»
17 minutes ago

» whats your shoe size ?

sussybakagirl420 - Mar 22

21 by 707supremacist »»
33 minutes ago

» What do yall collect? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bevarnow - Jan 25

315 by Lightskynight »»
36 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.