Forum Settings
Forums

Man stabbed to death on eve of his wedding day

New
Apr 23, 2012 4:09 PM

Jan 2008
http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2012/04/23/man-stabbed-death-eve-his-wedding-day.html

It was supposed to be the happiest time of her life, but for a 26-year-old factory worker tragedy struck when her husband-to-be was stabbed to death right in front of her a day before their wedding.

The woman, who wanted to be known only as Sharina, watched helplessly as her lover was savagely attacked by their three former housemates, all foreigners, over an incident when one of the men walked into the bathroom when she was taking her shower.

The victim, Indra Asrul, 29, was fatally stabbed in front of a double-story shop house in Jl Dedap 23 at 11:30 p.m. on Saturday.

His grieving bride-to-be claimed that it was their Myanmar housemates, including a couple, who attacked Indra.

According to Sharina, one of the men walked into the bathroom while she was showering a week ago.

“The bathroom door was faulty and could not be locked properly.

“Indra confronted him over this but after the first incident, I suspected that the man took a peep whenever I showered,” she said at the Sultanah Aminah Hospital mortuary here yesterday.

She then reported the matter to their landlord who advised them to move out to prevent any trouble.

“We moved out and stayed with my relative temporarily while we looked for a new place to stay as newly-weds.

“We returned to the shop house on Saturday to get some of our things but before we could do so, the three rushed downstairs and attacked my fiance,” she said.

One of the men used a metal rod and repeatedly stabbed Indra in the abdomen, Sharina said, adding that all three then fled.

“I could only hold him while waiting for the ambulance but he died 15 minutes later,” she said.

The two were supposed to marry Sunday after planning their wedding for more than a year.

Seri Alam OCPD Supt Roslan Zainuddin said the police were still identifying the suspects.
Apr 23, 2012 4:26 PM

Jan 2008
It's a heart breaking story. But this Kind of thing happens.

I would like to know why they stabbed him though. I mean were they jealous he took away their peepshow shower girl or was there another reason? I really don't see what's worth discussing about this to be honest. It's sad, true, But not really a highly debated topic, it's just news.
Apr 23, 2012 4:48 PM

Jan 2008
Alpha-kudasu said:
But this Kind of thing happens.

I would like to know why they stabbed him though. I mean were they jealous he took away their peepshow shower girl or was there another reason? I really don't see what's worth discussing about this to be honest. It's sad, true, But not really a highly debated topic, it's just news.

Seeing this makes me further realize how desensitized we, humans, have become over the years. I'm curious and nervous to see how much things won't faze us in the future. But your right, not much to discuss on this.

Apr 23, 2012 4:54 PM

Oct 2011
That's a was a hard article to read. Sad when it something like this happens, human nature is a hell
of a thing.
Apr 23, 2012 4:55 PM

Jan 2008
Synrite said:
Alpha-kudasu said:
<b>But this Kind of thing happens.</b>

Seeing this makes me further realize how desensitized we, humans, have become over the years. I'm curious and nervous to see how much things <i>won't</i> faze us in the future.

Who said anything about desensitized. This is a forum first of all. Topics are there to spark discussion. This is a news story that really is nothing new. It's sad, yes. It's terrible that things in this world are the way they are. But it's hardly a debatable topic. That was my point. What is there to discuss? It's a terrible thing that happened....and?

I won't even hear about the the 6,000 odd people who dies today or how they died, or why. Why this story seemed to have made Op think, this is story everyone MUST know about I have no idea.

And yes I suppose the world is desensitized to a degree, it's how we cope with things.

http://www.worldometers.info/

Just a little cool thing to check out.
Apr 23, 2012 6:03 PM

Mar 2011
Sad story, R.I.P. Hope justice will be done
Apr 23, 2012 7:13 PM

Jun 2009
Why they stab him....?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 23, 2012 8:07 PM

Aug 2007
Alpha-kudasu said:
Synrite said:
Alpha-kudasu said:
<b>But this Kind of thing happens.</b>

Seeing this makes me further realize how desensitized we, humans, have become over the years. I'm curious and nervous to see how much things <i>won't</i> faze us in the future.

Who said anything about desensitized. This is a forum first of all. Topics are there to spark discussion. This is a news story that really is nothing new. It's sad, yes. It's terrible that things in this world are the way they are. But it's hardly a debatable topic. That was my point. What is there to discuss? It's a terrible thing that happened....and?

I won't even hear about the the 6,000 odd people who dies today or how they died, or why. Why this story seemed to have made Op think, this is story everyone MUST know about I have no idea.

And yes I suppose the world is desensitized to a degree, it's how we cope with things.

http://www.worldometers.info/

Just a little cool thing to check out.

It's pretty obvious why it was even mentioned. "Man stabbed to death on eve of his wedding day" That's it. If it had been something about him just being stabbed otherwise like say a week before then I doubt this would have even been mentioned.
Apr 23, 2012 8:16 PM

Sep 2009
Drunk_Samurai said:

It's pretty obvious why it was even mentioned. "Man stabbed to death on eve of his wedding day" That's it. If it had been something about him just being stabbed otherwise like say a week before then I doubt this would have even been mentioned.

I'm pretty sure Alpha-Kudasu realises that... pretty sure she was pointing out there isn't really much to discuss about.
Losing an Argument online?

Simply post a webpage full of links, and refuse to continue until your opponents have read every last one of them!

WORKS EVERY TIME!

"I was debating with someone who believed in climate change, when he linked me to a graph showing evidence to that effect. So I sent him a 10k word essay on the origins of Conservatism, and escaped with my dignity intact."
"THANK YOU VERBOSE WEBPAGES OF QUESTIONABLE RELEVANCE!"

Apr 23, 2012 9:04 PM

May 2008
Wow, that's depressing. Thanks for that, news.
Apr 23, 2012 9:15 PM
Jul 2018
Looks like they got tired of his cutting remarks

It was knife to know him, he was really a cut above

Guess he shouldn't have taken a stab at marriage after all

Maybe if he had sharper wits it could have been avoided

I bet his favorite kind of anime was slice-of-life
Apr 23, 2012 11:44 PM

Aug 2007
sleeplesstown said:

I am probably going to hell for laughing at this.
Apr 24, 2012 6:25 AM

Dec 2011
wow so sad :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 24, 2012 6:35 AM

Mar 2012
same thing happened in Holland a few years ago,

guy was having a party because he was about to get married the day after; then goes outside for a sec and gets killed by some asshole teens
Apr 24, 2012 12:37 PM

Dec 2009
There are many sad news everyday...
like what happened yesterday in Kyoto,
Apr 24, 2012 12:57 PM

Apr 2012
I wonder why..?
It's still a very sad story though.
Apr 24, 2012 2:09 PM

Jan 2011
That sucks, my day hasn't been that bad.
Apr 24, 2012 2:12 PM

Mar 2008
Drunk_Samurai said:
sleeplesstown said:

I am probably going to hell for laughing at this.

damn, not only you..

R.I.P., nothing more to say @topic :|
Apr 24, 2012 2:17 PM
Feb 2011
bottle said:

well that's a prime example how you fuck yourself in life
Apr 24, 2012 2:38 PM

Mar 2008
Why were you living with 3 other guys? SIGH.
Apr 24, 2012 2:44 PM

Jan 2008
dfsafsaf said:
bottle said:

well that's a prime example how you fuck yourself in life

I love the reaction, ''People in Japan are quite angry with the driver''

Oh Japan, so reserved. I bet they force him to commit seppuku.
Apr 29, 2012 5:35 AM

Apr 2012
The world is a fucked up place!! Shit tends to happen all the time!!!
And Zero said "Let there be rebellion for the power of the geass is hidden within all of you".
Apr 29, 2012 5:42 AM

Mar 2012
bottle said:

Things like this always happen.
Apr 29, 2012 6:25 AM

Apr 2011
:(.
Jun 19, 2021 9:22 AM

Oct 2019
Great.

More topics from this board

» Ask the person below you a question. v34 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Mar 28

4818 by Baby-Bee »»
2 seconds ago

» What Are You Listening To? v.17 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Oct 30, 2023

2494 by Dostojevskij »»
4 seconds ago

» lowercase chat thread v.21 ghouls and goblins edition ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KayKimii - Oct 13, 2023

8984 by cody »»
17 seconds ago

» First Thing That Comes To Mind v22 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - May 3

3596 by Baby-Bee »»
1 minute ago

» Play Hangman with me ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime - May 5

470 by Onaniu »»
2 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.