MyAnimeList.net

Anime Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Hyouka Episode 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Anime Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Hyouka »» Hyouka Episode 1 Discussion

Pages (21) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »
View Poll Results: Hyouka Episode 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

311 52.01%
4 out of 5: Liked it

158 26.42%
3 out of 5: It was OK

83 13.88%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

29 4.85%
1 out of 5: Hated it

17 2.84%
Voters: 598

04-24-12, 8:03 PM

A pretty dull episode. But, I'll keep watching and see where this goes.
"That I do not understand my own mind upsets me more than I can describe" - Meruem, The Chimera Ant King.

04-24-12, 8:06 PM

Tomoya and Sunohara, lol so epic

04-24-12, 8:08 PM

Higashi_no_Kaze said:

Plus if you need to see some really, really bad "mysteries" go watch Phi Brain and then rejoice over the creativity of Hyouka ^^.

Phi Brain was mystery? Whoa.

I'll stick around until they reveal the main focus of the story, which is "Hyouka" itself. Then, the true plot/mystery should begin.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?

04-24-12, 8:29 PM

HoboFreedom said:
Tomoya and Sunohara, lol so epic

Haha. It's like Clannad again. Feels nostalgic.

04-24-12, 8:55 PM

Those eyes, who could say no to that. Guess we'll have to see where this goes.

04-24-12, 11:10 PM

BRSxIgnition said:
LordMorioka said:
I enjoyed this more than I expected to.
Okay Hyouka, you have me for another episode.

It's people like you that make me stop wanting to come here. You should always watch more than one episode of an anime. (Unless the first is ridiculously horrible or not for you)

People who drop anime based on the first episode everytime will never get to see anything, because they'll always have their own dick stuck up their ass.

... Not saying you're like that per-say.. Just saying you should give it more than 1 episode in the first place.

I always give anime I watch at least 3 episodes before I decide to drop - I think it should be a golden rule of anime.

You may have taken my post too seriously... :P
I was just saying that I enjoyed the episode and I'm excited to see more, which isn't the case with every anime I watch. If the first episode doesn't excite me, I may stick around for more, but I might not - and I make that decision without fear of ruining anyone else's experience.

04-24-12, 11:21 PM

Just asking since I might have been to tired when I watched it but what status quo was he prolonging?

04-24-12, 11:21 PM

I had pretty low expectations coming into this
But I've just been blow away!
The art, the characters, the story! All amazing!
Ohh and those eyes! Beautiful.

I think I'm really going to enjoy this one.

04-24-12, 11:33 PM

MissileSoup said:
Omniknight said:
The second mystery had potential, but they didn't build on what made the secret club so mysterious, other than no one other than the members know about it... WHY IS IT SECRET? WHAT IS THE CODE BEHIND THE RECRUITMENT INFO? WHO IS THE NEW PRESIDENT? The mysterious aspects weren't even touched upon...

Didn't Hotaro make everything up, from the club to the memo? I could be wrong, as I wasn't paying too much attention at the time. It's not as much a mystery as it was a trick to aid his efficiency, or so he thought. Oddly, this was the one part of the episode I liked.

This is right. He made this up because Eru is always interested in mysteries that when she asks, he can't say no (dem eyes).

Although I think you misunderstood his intentions. He did that trick because Eru was about to ask him investigate the mystery surrounding the music room (which is in the far side of the school). Remember his motto? Save energy and do something as fast as he could, so he did that trick so Eru can hooked on that (and forget about the music room mystery) then he sticked that near the faculty office bulletin board which is quite convenient since he forgot about his homework and he had to pass it. Then it was also close to the exit going home.

After he solved all of it. Eru was occupied, forgot about the music classroom mystery which will make him expend more energy because of it's distance and just about right on the exit so he can go home early.

tl;dr He did it to save time and energy and since she can't say no to Eru for some reason (it's the eyes, definitely the eyes).

04-25-12, 3:49 AM

Omniknight said:

^This. LMAO, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they did that. I'll be kinda half expecting it come next week.
5547r8.jpgNaxrrhid.png

04-25-12, 4:03 AM

This was a waste of beautiful art and animation.

04-25-12, 4:13 AM

I already can't stand Chitanda, she piss me off =/.

This episode was boring, for me.

04-25-12, 4:19 AM

Krissasaur said:
This was a waste of beautiful art and animation.

I agree, but I liked that waste of plot xD

04-25-12, 5:11 AM

wow great first episode

The art is really good and that girl is so cute :3

04-25-12, 5:28 AM

So far, disappointing, I hardly finished the thing.

Hopefully it will pick up in later episodes.

04-25-12, 9:45 AM

The art is beautiful, as expected from KyoAni.
Forthe rest I'm not impressed so far.

Hate the heroine's voice... in fact I dislike her already.

04-25-12, 9:53 AM

This... Was rather bland, IMO.
It's not funny, it's not interesting, it's just there. I almost fell asleep by the end of the episode.
Art and Animation are great (even though I don't think they are up to par with Fate/Zero this season, but they have different styles), but still, the main girl sounded just like your everyday moeblob that tries to be adorable, but fails hard...That catchphrase thing was just...Ugh.

If this doesn't get better by episode 3 I'll drop it.

04-25-12, 10:14 AM

yeah, Tomoya and Sunohara joining a girls club. sound familiar?

other than that is was rather bland and boring. nice animation but ... meh.

04-25-12, 11:38 AM

If we're talking about mystery works by KyoAni. We definitely must abide by one rule: It is not a Detective Conan, Kindaichi, GOSICK (or -esque anime), Agatha Christie, Sherlock, or lots of heck amount of "mystery" you might think.

Its only another Haruhi-esque with a little tweak here and there. And don't... I mean... never expect anything "gloomy" or "gore" or someone being murdered! Let alone survival horror (read: Higurashi-esque).

I mean, come on guys, grow up already! Mystery doesn't always mean someone being murdered. Mystery doesn't always says something "very" valuable were lost. Mystery-solving doesn't always means that you're gonna save up the world. Someone playing a prank by hiding/switching your left shoe can be considered as a "mystery", if you want to think about it. *sips tea*

>Tanker

04-25-12, 11:42 AM

Yoshiki said:
The art is beautiful, as expected from KyoAni.
Forthe rest I'm not impressed so far.

Hate the heroine's voice... in fact I dislike her already.

It's not fair to hate an anime because of your hate toward the character's voice

Railgun said:
This... Was rather bland, IMO.
It's not funny, it's not interesting, it's just there. I almost fell asleep by the end of the episode.
Art and Animation are great (even though I don't think they are up to par with Fate/Zero this season, but they have different styles), but still, the main girl sounded just like your everyday moeblob that tries to be adorable, but fails hard...That catchphrase thing was just...Ugh.

If this doesn't get better by episode 3 I'll drop it.

It's art is better than Fate/Zero, but you can't compare the animation because Fate Zero has many dynamic action scenes, Hyouka doesn't. Hyouka art is more detailed and lively. Fate Zero art isn't so detailed and most of fate zero scenes happens at night and that fact alone makes it looks like Fate Zero animation and art looks better than Hyouka (actually it doesn't).
Conclusion: In par with Fate Zero
Yeah, you should watch more episodes before you decide

Pages (21) « First ... « 13 14 [15] 16 17 » ... Last »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices