Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 2012 5:39 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's was kind of enjoyable to watch this one haha, this looks more like a magic Tennis than usually Prince of Tennis series.
Come on those guys seem using magic.
LeknaatJul 18, 2023 12:17 AM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Apr 26, 2012 10:15 AM

Feb 2011
Where to watch it? What fansub?
Apr 30, 2012 7:36 AM

Jan 2011
Magic + Tennis was very fun
I thought Seiichi was going to play, since he's a captain. But he was the only captain that didn't play! TT_TT
Atobe's legendary card was the best! \o/
Keith is very cute *-*
I thought he was a bad guy, but he did all for Shiu.
The last shot form Ryoma was fantastic!
Excellent film!
May 16, 2012 4:48 AM

Dec 2009
I KNEW THAT CHANDELIER WAS A BAD IDEA! DX
Who on earth has a chandelier in a tennis court? :S
Still, the animation was great. xD Made everyone look super cute, even Kaidoh. o_o Keith was awesome! And Atobe's Koori no Sekai was cool (his VA was, at least!), even though it only lasted for a few seconds. :D

I was lol-ing at the part where Higa Middle came sailing along. xD Their little flashback... and everyone sailing/riding/speeding across the water. Then Atobe raised his arm... and I thought he'd drop off for a moment.

And Ryoma dropped his cap and nearly dived after it! :D So cute!
Jun 6, 2012 11:11 AM

Nov 2007
Trying out because of him (where is he in MAL?) and the theme song. Never watched single ep. of Tenipri before.

Keith and Peter are enemies (Crack?/street tennis group)?? And this guy seems to be helping Japan teams (actually he wants to have a battle against his friend).

So much comedy with unreal tennis in it except those serious stuff.
tsubasaloverJun 6, 2012 12:19 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Sep 22, 2012 10:16 PM

Mar 2012
An Urahara look-alike?
Eh, despite the sheer ridiculousness (glowing tennis balls, crater-like impacts) of these tennis moves nothing will beat the first movie. As we all know, Tezuka destroyed the dinosaurs.
A good author leaves the audience enough material to be satisfied with, yet yearning for more.
Sep 24, 2012 4:44 AM

Feb 2010
Fuji + White Horse = PRINCE CHARMING
I can't help but say that Xiu looks like Kurogane/Logan (anime ver) & Keith looks like Urahara LOL

It was a nice enjoyable movie, a lot more action packed but... that magnet-bomb thingy move... I can't get my head around how it works hahaa~
Sep 27, 2012 11:41 AM

Dec 2008
Just utterly crap >_<
Sep 28, 2012 1:12 PM

May 2009
I felt like I was watching Dragonball Z tennis version O.O In some moments I thought they are going to go in Super Saiyan mode lol
Sep 29, 2012 12:47 PM

Jun 2011
-Kafka said:
Just utterly crap >_<

Agree. As much as I could stand the DBZ style tennis they played, this is just so bad. What I meant was the story/plot. They should've just sticked with the Wimbledon. Btw, wtf is with those shounen ai undertones that I sensed?

TBH, this is a waste of one and the half hours of my life, too bad I couldn't get them back, how I wish I could turn back time ):
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 29, 2012 6:32 PM

Aug 2012
I dislike the ''dbz style'' in Tennis no Oji-sama. That's the main reason i rated it 6/10. I love to see all the teams together, but i feel that the WImbledon idea could have turned in a better plot than that.
Feb 13, 2013 10:21 AM

Jan 2010
Natsu12345 said:
-Kafka said:
Just utterly crap >_<

Agree. As much as I could stand the DBZ style tennis they played, this is just so bad. What I meant was the story/plot. They should've just sticked with the Wimbledon. Btw, wtf is with those shounen ai undertones that I sensed?

TBH, this is a waste of one and the half hours of my life, too bad I couldn't get them back, how I wish I could turn back time ):

I'm so glad I spent one and half hours of my life watching this.

I miss this anime so much, hope they would make more movies in the future.

Oh, and I like the idea they didn't stick to the Wimbledon tournament because it would be boring, it would just another international tennis tournament.

Annnddd, there's always this shounen-ai undertones in tenipuri, you know, each pair even had their own name and there are TONS of them! Imperial Pair (Tezuka x Atobe), Alpha Pair (Sanada x Yukimura), Perfect Pair (Tezuka x Fuji), etc (btw these are my fav pair lol)

9/10

Everything just so tenipuri~ XD
Atobe is so cool as always, and Fuji <3 Ryoma is cute~
Everyone saying their catchphrase XD
I wondered when would Shiraishi say his "ecstasy~" catchphrase when everyone already did theirs XD
The comedy is hilarious as always (Higa chuu and Atobe's card!!! Fuji on a white horse XD). Tenipuri comedy never fail to make me laugh.
Keith is cute too XD
Need more tenipuri!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CrimsonMidnightFeb 13, 2013 10:36 AM
Apr 27, 2013 8:39 AM

Nov 2009
Creative Movie!!!

I liked how they used London as a setting but wished they could have used it more combined with their tennis as it just seems it was based on a random setting in the middle. I was hoping they would show the matches in Wimbledon but at least it was enjoyable watching Echizen and Siu versing Keith and the matches in this movie were very magical and dynamic just like the 1st Samurai movie.

Overall I enjoyed the characters and setting for this movie but really hoped they could have shown the matches in the courts of Wimbledon but nevertheless was entertaining and interesting. Loved that ending song with everyone playing in the matches and the two reuniting at the very end. I'm presuming this takes place right before the U-17 Arc. Finally you have to love Ryoma's signature phrase: "Mada Mada Dane!" and everyone's teamwork with him was excellent!!

9/10

Jun 26, 2013 11:59 PM

Jul 2011
Fuji rode a white horse.
A FREAKIN' HORSE. <333

Love the nonsense fanservice!

This was entertaining to watch. Amazingly so, actually. I would love more of this in the future. It's so over-the-top that I love it. XD
MirorinNov 18, 2015 1:47 AM
Jul 28, 2013 11:16 PM

Jun 2012
Sep 12, 2013 2:00 PM

Jun 2011
Shicchi said:
Natsu12345 said:
-Kafka said:
Just utterly crap >_<

I'm so glad I spent one and half hours of my life watching this.

I miss this anime so much, hope they would make more movies in the future.

Oh, and I like the idea they didn't stick to the Wimbledon tournament because it would be boring, it would just another international tennis tournament.

Annnddd, there's always this shounen-ai undertones in tenipuri, you know, each pair even had their own name and there are TONS of them! Imperial Pair (Tezuka x Atobe), Alpha Pair (Sanada x Yukimura), Perfect Pair (Tezuka x Fuji), etc (btw these are my fav pair lol)

9/10

Everything just so tenipuri~ XD
Atobe is so cool as always, and Fuji <3 Ryoma is cute~
Everyone saying their catchphrase XD
I wondered when would Shiraishi say his "ecstasy~" catchphrase when everyone already did theirs XD
The comedy is hilarious as always (Higa chuu and Atobe's card!!! Fuji on a white horse XD). Tenipuri comedy never fail to make me laugh.
Keith is cute too XD
Need more tenipuri!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if you're just a fujoshi or what, but tenipuri had no shounen ai undertone, don't mix bromance up with shounen ai, it is so different. Not even sure if we're watching/reading the same thing.

I liked all the characters, and their quirks, but the problem is with the action sequence. There is a limit for everything, and, this is not TENIPURI-LIKE AT ALL. Dude are you sure you're watching tenipuri? The same thing as me?
jenchiuk said:
Creative Movie!!!

That's all they have.
Mi-chi said:

Surprisingly very entertaining with its ridiculousness. People who thought this was a waste of time... well yeah, it was. That's Prince of Tennis, isn't it? How did you people make it through the other PoT stuff? You enjoy its ridiculousness.

lol@shounen-ai undertones. The series is created by a guy and had some undertones originally, but since the majority of fans are females, they started giving more fanservice. So I guess. I do notice it though.

Dude PoT was never this ridiculous, please GOD forbids this. I've seen all of the PoT anime, and have been reading the NPoT, but it was never this ridiculous. I have no problem, NONE AT ALL, reading NPoT despite how unrealistic it is, but this movie is ridiculous.

And, dude/gal, like I've said before, shounen ai undertone =/= bromance. Just because you fujoshi fangirls over bishounen and pair them up, doesn't mean that there are actual shounen ai-like substances. There are a lot of bromance in this show, but never shounen ai undertone.

Again, I am not even sure if we're watching the same show, or reading the same manga. What are you guys talking bout ~.~

Edit: Even the gay-ish double partner from that national tournament didn't feel like gay to me, but this shounen ai undertone is too much. Dude I know what I am talking about.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 13, 2013 1:17 AM

Jul 2013
Xiu could have just told Keith he loved him and wanted to be with him, and Keith could've told Xiu he saved him because he loved him and saved me a half and fifteen minutes of special effects. Good movie nonetheless, just really sorta very gay...
Dr. Sheldon Cooper " It is no way to make new humans. People coming out of people. Some kind of dirty magic show.
Jul 7, 2014 12:36 AM

Apr 2014
Higa Chuu LMAO god please let them be a running joke forever.
The beginning was pretty funny. Atobe cracked me up as always.

The animation was great <3 Loved seeing Ryoma drawn so nicely. (The others too of course, but Ryoma ...)
Mirorin said:

^ Work that horse + tennis racquet combination, Fuji
Oct 22, 2014 7:46 PM

Jul 2012
Same shit, different country.

I wonder what the repairmen would have thought when they went inside the castle and saw all those damages LOL. "How did you break this stone ground?" "Middle schoolers were playing real tennis."

Wow, I thought Tennis Ball Z was unrealistic before but this movie brought that attribute out. Why can't they just keep it simple without that Gemini power level ball?

I might have enjoyed this more if they didn't make this movie so serious with the "We must defeat Keith to restore friendly tennis! Let's beat this dungeon!" plot going on. It's London. A vacation movie should have been something I could enjoy more with happy moments. Would have rather watched the tournament at the end....

Only plus side is that we got to see all the hotties from our main four Japanese schools. All the Shiraishi and Atobe scenes were hnnng <3

Not sure if 6/10 or 5/10 tbh
Nov 23, 2014 11:14 AM
Jan 2011
RASENGAN!!!

Sorry, I had to.

Man, this was terrible. I only watched it because it was Prince of Tennis. It had some funny parts, and I got to see some of my favourite characters, so it wasn't a complete waste of time. I'll never watch it again though.

mayukachan said:

I might have enjoyed this more if they didn't make this movie so serious with the "We must defeat Keith to restore friendly tennis! Let's beat this dungeon!" plot going on. It's London. A vacation movie should have been something I could enjoy more with happy moments. Would have rather watched the tournament at the end....

Me too.

The London sights were awesome too.
Sep 10, 2016 9:41 PM
Jul 2018
The teams go to England and fight a tennis gang in a British castle against the backdrop that is Keith and Xiu's gay love story..... I LOVED THIS. I'm one of those rare folks that actually like the new Tenipuri I guess, and I might even like it better than the original.

This had pretty much everything I wanted too see-- epic tennis battles (this movie was basically a battle shounen with racquets instead of swords which I totally support, more tennis battles please!), the schools coming together, all the comedy (Higa Chuu! Fuji on a white horse!)... My only complaint is that it was just lacking in Kin-chan! I would have loved to see him in the castle battles, he could have done a tennis obstacle course or something lmao

This was so refreshing from all the typical matches and tournament stuff. I loved the different courts, it was such an interesting and creative spin on tennis. And if they're gonna do all the super powered up DBZ style tennis anyway, why not go all out like this?

I even liked Ryoma in this one when I am usually pretty neutral about him, especially his scene with Xiu on the boat and their whole conversation.
May 26, 2021 8:07 AM
May 2021
Blackbird said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's was kind of enjoyable to watch this one haha, this looks more like a magic Tennis than usually Prince of Tennis series.
Come on those guys seem using magic.

That's so true, but sorry for the ball.
brianmrobinsonMay 26, 2021 8:13 AM
Jun 27, 2021 9:05 AM

Jan 2013
Oh look, more tennis bullies ...

I can understand people not enjoying this since it's so over the top with the power ups and it's not what the original Prince of Tennis was, at least not with qi's and opening gates etc.
BUT I for one really enjoyed this.

Sure the story was pretty bad but the animation was great and the matches were really entertaining.

I honestly don't mind the new direction they're taking PoT in with the ridiculous powers, there's only so much they could do in the original PoT and it showed, not that I didn't enjoy the original PoT as I rated it fairly high just because the characters were fleshed out and it was fun seeing them work together.

Anyway, 9/10 from me.

More topics from this board

» When the DVD is available??

Artix86 - Nov 28, 2011

3 by alchemist11 »»
Jan 4, 2012 12:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.