Forum Settings
Forums

"Year Aired" column in Anime List

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 22, 2013 9:52 AM

Apr 2013
zanetu said:

The following user scripts might help you out.
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/163000
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/163002

Thanks but I don't think I can use it if it's not looking as a new column. Call me neat freak. :)

Isn't this possible? I'd also prefer just years, not whole date. I'd love to see this as a userscript, with also general score and if it's not too much to ask; genres.

Shouldn't this even be possible as a list style? I saw people making list styles with YouTube videos in them, how is it any different than taking year, score and genre information from MAL's anime page?

Anyway this is just what's on my mind. I assume you haven't made the script and anyone can wouldn't probably visit here.

I hope administration takes this serious...

I mean I know lists are private but those three info should still be here. In the end, it's on several sites with "private list" options; IMDb to begin with... this will really help a lot of people.
Open to chat about any storytelling related subject as long as it's clever and respectful.
Myanimelist
Jul 28, 2013 8:38 PM

Feb 2013
+1

I'd like the year/season shown on my list as well. (putting that info in tags currently)
Jul 31, 2013 9:30 AM
Sep 2011
I would also like this. Although most of the current list columns are things that have to be filled in by the user, it is already possible to have an 'age rating' column, which automatically collects all of its information from the existing database entries. So it should be possible to do this for other info like the year (or anything else - having an 'average score' column would be very helpful for sorting plan-to-watch lists).
Aug 1, 2013 12:05 AM

May 2012
That would be nice. Season/Year shown because we can't sort anything with the tags.
Sep 11, 2013 1:48 AM
May 2011
Prequel said:
Thanks but I don't think I can use it if it's not looking as a new column. Call me neat freak. :)

You can use this script, it add two new columns with start and end date. And you can sort it.
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/174260

If this functionality will be implemented in mal - it will greate.
Sep 11, 2013 1:34 PM

Apr 2007
I support this idea 100%
It is a feature I definitely miss on MAL. Especially in my PTW list.

This is because I now just have to randomly pick an anime from that list (usually which I picked at highest priority) and therefore some series stay in this list way too long.

And we all know that older sereis are way harder to get by than newer series, especially the shorter series that did not become massive hits. So if it gets stuck on this list for too long, it will end up getting deleted when I stumble upon it after a few years.

ps. thanks for the userscript tips guys, This could be a (temporary) solution.
Present day....Present Time....hahaha
www.Tribute2Trance.nl
Nov 24, 2013 8:42 AM
Jun 2008
Although its been 5 years, I also want to chime in that a Date column is the most needed feature for the lists.

And if implemented, it would be nice if we can default our lists to chronological (and not alphabetical) order.
Nov 10, 2015 2:03 PM

Sep 2014
supporting
Nov 10, 2015 2:25 PM

Oct 2009
LightSparker said:
supporting

Try this userscript: http://greasyfork.org/scripts/576
Nov 12, 2015 2:18 AM
Jul 2018
No pls.
Nov 12, 2015 8:09 AM
Jul 2015
Love said:
No pls.

Pointing out, that like all columns, it would be an optional feature to turn on.

I support this, it would be a good feature to the site.
Nov 15, 2015 6:47 PM

Dec 2012
I don't see why not. If people did not want it they could just not choose to show it from their list, but it would help me and from the looks of it other people too
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» An option to hide Explicit Genres from anime/manga list

animegamer245 - Yesterday

3 by traed »»
Today, 12:22 AM

» Add an option to view (and display) ratings with a 5 star scale (allowing half stars)

Bergioyn - May 6

3 by Bergioyn »»
May 7, 2:10 PM

» New category for manga lists

Aristotle417 - May 7

0 by Aristotle417 »»
May 7, 11:05 AM

» forum rules and blogs

leyaf - May 5

3 by S_h_a_r_k_93 »»
May 7, 1:03 AM

» [QoL] Allow more than 9 items in My Last List Updates

anonymate - Mar 25

4 by S_h_a_r_k_93 »»
May 7, 12:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.