Forum Settings
Forums

Sony to Distribute Sky Crawlers in US and Canada

New
Sep 9, 2008 7:47 AM

Feb 2008
According to Variety news, Sony Pictures acquired the distribution rights of the anime movie "The Sky Crawlers" in US, Canada, Latin America, Australia, and New Zealand. This deal was reportedly made in the Toronto International Film Festival being currently held from Sep 4th to 13th.
The Sky Crawlers is a new movie directed by Oshii Mamoru and won the Digital Award of Venice Future Film Festival. Warner Bros. participated in the production of the movie, but Sony's experience with distributing anime-fan oriented titles in a limited number of theaters might bring about this deal.
The schedule of its premiere has not been announced yet.

Source: Variety News
Source:Anime! Anime!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Sep 9, 2008 9:48 AM

Oct 2007
Great news for the US, Canada, Latin America, Australia, and even New Zealand because I've heard great things about this movie and I've listened to the awesome soundtrack. Shame that Brits like me will only have the downloads available (-_-)...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2008 12:33 PM

Jan 2008
I look forward to buying it, hopefully soon.
Sep 9, 2008 12:35 PM

Apr 2008
Great, now no one will fansub it.
Sep 9, 2008 12:38 PM

Mar 2008
Hmm, not interested, don't care for military based anime that much, especially when there's no comedy in it.

Edit: Will someone please tell me what happened to the post I made after this one? It wasn't considered spam was it?
KidRyanSep 9, 2008 4:13 PM

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Sep 9, 2008 2:47 PM

Dec 2007
Didn't Warner Bros. distribute it in Japan, though? Well, since it's licensed so quickly, I hope we can see it in U.S. theatres very soon. I am highly anticipating this movie.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 9, 2008 3:09 PM

Mar 2008
I'm looking forward to this movie. If it gets a limited release I hope I'll be able to see it in theaters.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Oniichan wa Oshimai!' Gets TV Anime

Vindstot - Apr 21, 2022

44 by Lenoksu »»
2 hours ago

» '2.5-jigen no Ririsa' Reveals Additional Pair of Cast, Two Consecutive Cours

DatRandomDude - 7 hours ago

4 by yamiyugi101 »»
3 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

3 by ToyaMochizuki »»
5 hours ago

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

16 by Jonas-K »»
6 hours ago

» Spring 2024 Simulcast List [Update 4/18]

Snow - Apr 5

28 by infanf »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.