Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 4, 2012 2:26 PM
Mar 2011
why this is not as Popular and Death note when it better in every wey story /pacing Muisc casting the only thing that i like more than this is Conan but if you were to ask for an unbiased view[ ie my view as a person who looks at the technical sides of the anime] id even say this is better than Conan
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Apr 6, 2012 8:19 PM
Jun 2008
Personally, I think all three are of equal quality. I'm going to note here that Death Note is going to be hard to top when it comes to popularity as it is the only series to have over 200,000 people add it to their lists. I get what you are saying about how it should have more, likely around the amount that Detective Conan has or more, but the cold hard fact is DN and DC are dubbed into English while Kindaichi is not. Since this is an English site, most of the people using this are likely going to be English themselves.

Kindaichi is also lower then another underated work Ayatsuri Sakon because it hasn't been fansubbed completly, or if it once was, all the work has disappeared. Kindaichi did come out when people were still fansubbing using VHS I think.

Some of the blame as to why Kindaichi hasn't been brought over comes from the fact the Manga was brought over and didn't sell well. Since it was being sold by Tokyopop, there is a chance that the reason it didn't sell well was because of some of the bad practices Tokyopop has been known for, like starting one series and stopping it so they can pick up a new one, which alienated a lot of the readers from picking up new series.

Pretty much this.
Apr 13, 2012 7:15 AM

Feb 2010
It's difficult to compare Death Note and Kindaichi because they are extremely different in genre, even though they feature genius as protagonist/antagonist.

Kindaichi is basically a who-dun-it manga/anime, the reason why this is good because it's not suppose to be treated like any anime. At every end of the episode, Kindaichi will prompts the audience ' Can you solve this mystery? The murderer lies in the midst of these people... '. Clues are given in manga panels, somethings a little subtle, and the readers will be encouraged to form their own conjunction on who's the murderer and how he did it.

It's a tremendous success in Japan back in the 90s and that wave hits South-East Asia, especially the chinese-speaking countries. I, for one, had read every single volume out there translated in my country in chinese, that's because I'm such a big fan. Beside, Kindaichi evoke a lot of emotions than the rest of the murder-mystery series.

Great Music Indeed!
Jun 27, 2012 4:11 PM

May 2012
DCTP is subbing the Detective Conan VS Kindaichi game (I think its VN)

And Death Note...? it's just the hyping that makes it seem like it's somehow popular. It's basically like watching Opening for 1st 15 episodes wondering when the hell will it begin and then it's at a point of no return and the storyline is weaker than Fairy Tail's filler arc's

I used to love Death Note now years later not so much after I really got back into DC.

DN not even Mystery genre anyway.
Sep 28, 2012 12:06 PM

Nov 2010
In terms of uniqueness in story, Detective Conan has it beat with a child doing the deductions. I think the main thing is that it's not subbed(they are subbing slowly) but only like 20 something episodes out of the 120 something are actually subbed, which of course could be because of popularity.

I don't think it will ever pass Death Note in popularity or in rank, that's just how the people on this site are.

I would love to watch it fully and spread the word of it's greatness. But not knowing what has happened in a whole like 7/8ths of the story stops me.
Sep 28, 2012 3:33 PM
Mar 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
In terms of uniqueness in story, Detective Conan has it beat with a child doing the deductions. I think the main thing is that it's not subbed(they are subbing slowly) but only like 20 something episodes out of the 120 something are actually subbed, which of course could be because of popularity.

I don't think it will ever pass Death Note in popularity or in rank, that's just how the people on this site are.

I would love to watch it fully and spread the word of it's greatness. But not knowing what has happened in a whole like 7/8ths of the story stops me.

in Conan he looks the age of Conan but still has the brain of shinichi so he not a Child
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Sep 28, 2012 3:42 PM

Nov 2010
Otaking87 said:
IntroverTurtle said:

in Conan he looks the age of Conan but still has the brain of shinichi so he not a Child
I know he does, I am just saying that part of the draw to the series is that he looks like a kid but solves mysteries. There is no other show that does that, but in Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo he is a high schooler who solves mysteries, there are a lot of anime with the main character being a high schooler. And a couple of shows where the main character is in high school and solves mysteries, that are a lot smaller, so probably easier to sub.
Jul 28, 2013 2:54 PM

Jul 2012
live2win said:

Great Music Indeed!

Amazing! O.o and this is coming from a classical musician hehe :D
Jul 28, 2013 3:04 PM

Nov 2010
mayukachan said:
live2win said:

Great Music Indeed!

I recognized that composer or whatever it's called's music right away. He uses very similar music for D Gray Man and Casshern Sins.
Dec 31, 2013 7:44 PM

Feb 2010
I watched the first 3 episodes some years ago and really liked them, but when I found out only a fraction of the show was subbed I put it On-Hold indefinitely :(
Maybe on of those days years decades it will be fully subbed.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jan 23, 2014 5:44 AM
Apr 2013
Yeah it's only subbed to episode 20 which is a pity. Two sub groups picked it up and then dropped it, and a third one subbed till episode 60 but it's so bad it's basically unwatchable.

Some things don't become popular, it's quite random. The same happens in Japan, doesn't it? Some things become wildly popular for some reason while others don't.
Sep 16, 2014 4:05 PM

Jul 2012
HiNT74 said:
Yeah it's only subbed to episode 20 which is a pity.

No, it's to episode 72.
Sep 16, 2014 4:08 PM

Aug 2014
mayukachan said:
HiNT74 said:

No, it's to episode 72.

Must only be recently. It's been at 20 for the longest time. Which group picked it back up?
Sieg Zeon!
Sep 16, 2014 4:10 PM

Mar 2014
It's almost criminal how underrated it is.
Sep 16, 2014 4:14 PM

Nov 2010
PencilSharpener said:
Must only be recently. It's been at 20 for the longest time.=
At least 3 months. When I watched it then they were already at like 69.

mayukachan said:
HiNT74 said:

No, it's to episode 72.
Now it is, idk about 8 months ago.

IntroverTurtle said:
mayukachan said:

I recognized that composer or whatever it's called's music right away. He uses very similar music for D Gray Man and Casshern Sins.
That dude really just copy and pastes all of his music for other series. Kindaichi, Casshern Sins, and D Gray Man all have the same soundtrack.
Sep 17, 2014 12:13 PM

Jul 2012
73rd episode subbed now lol
Sep 17, 2014 12:16 PM
Aug 2012
I will watch it when it is fully subbed. Looks interesting.
Sep 18, 2014 1:22 AM
Apr 2013
If you're talking about ARR those subs are totally unwatchable imo...
RedhillsSep 18, 2014 1:26 AM
Sep 18, 2014 1:29 AM

Jan 2013
This show isn't rated as high as death note because death note aired on adult swim and has a fairly good dub.

That and death note is perceived as mature.
Sep 20, 2014 12:46 PM

Jun 2014
IntroverTurtle said:

In Japan, Prime Kindaichi was more popular than death note ever was.
Sep 20, 2014 12:54 PM

Nov 2010
Monomunu said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Note that I said "people on this site". It isn't surprising that it was more popular in Japan.
Sep 20, 2014 12:56 PM

Jun 2014
IntroverTurtle said:
Monomunu said:

Note that I said "people on this site". It isn't surprising that it was more popular in Japan.

Oh, sorry. English is not my first language.
Sep 20, 2014 1:13 PM
Mar 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
Monomunu said:

look at the multimedia crossovers ie games and alike there is 4 dn has very much less tha Jikenbo

Oct 13, 2014 8:43 PM
Nov 2013
I was enjoying this so much, but after researching, I realized that very few episodes have been subbed, and after watching 21-36, I decided enough was enough. The subbing was just too bad.
Oct 13, 2014 9:09 PM

Sep 2013
CallMeIta said:
I was enjoying this so much, but after researching, I realized that very few episodes have been subbed, and after watching 21-36, I decided enough was enough. The subbing was just too bad.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Oct 14, 2014 7:06 PM
Nov 2013
Xynic said:
CallMeIta said:
What's the quote for?
Oct 14, 2014 7:12 PM

Nov 2013
never heard of it before but it looks so good. 100% gonna check it out
Oct 14, 2014 7:18 PM

Nov 2010
CallMeIta said:
Xynic said:
What's the quote for?
That's what some people do when they agree with someone. They quote someone elses post without adding anything new to show that their opinion is the same as yours.
Oct 17, 2014 5:19 AM

Sep 2012
Xynic said:
CallMeIta said:

Thank God, that they are airing it with good english sub here. Its really enjoyable but at the same time kinda painful to see that it will remain underrated.
Oct 3, 2015 5:54 AM

Apr 2014
i really enjoy my dub more than conan too bad western only know such medicore mystery with only great BO storyline name detective conan.
Oct 3, 2015 5:56 AM

Aug 2015
Because its animated by TOEI, have it been madhouse people will wank on it.
Oct 7, 2016 8:17 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
yeah for once you are correct, sad to see Kindaichi so underrated.
張大です for 張大勇督察
Feb 20, 2017 5:41 AM

Jul 2011
No one has even seen original series with subs 100%, because latest episode with sub is 101 (+ including 104), rest is still raw.

I just started this a while ago, and I'm very sad already because of fan sub state :(

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Episode 62 Discussion

ToG25thBaam - Sep 10, 2018

1 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 1, 9:32 AM

Poll: » Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Episode 61 Discussion

Etherius_ZS - Mar 30, 2022

1 by kirA_-_ »»
Mar 1, 9:05 AM

Poll: » Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Episode 56 Discussion

Etherius_ZS - Mar 27, 2022

1 by kirA_-_ »»
Feb 29, 3:11 AM

Poll: » Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo Episode 140 Discussion

Etherius_ZS - Mar 27, 2022

1 by Rayl1ght »»
Feb 26, 4:57 AM

Poll: » Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo (TV) Episode 148 Discussion

iamKetranLang - Jun 12, 2017

4 by Rayl1ght »»
Feb 26, 4:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.