Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 3, 2012 4:47 PM

Jul 2007
About time they added this

Mod Edit: Changed thread title so that it won't be confused with the official episode discussion.
LunaFeb 4, 2013 12:06 AM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 3, 2012 4:52 PM

Jan 2008
No Synopsis. Is it another filler movie?
Apr 3, 2012 4:56 PM

Jul 2007
No, i submitted a better sypnosis for moderator approval, hopefully they accept it.

It is actually the first naruto movie that was directed and written by kishimoto him self as part of the 10th anniversary of the anime series.

This year's 17th issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine is annoucing on Monday that Naruto manga creator Masashi Kishimoto is personally conceiving the all-new story and designing the characters for the newest Naruto the Movie: Road to Ninja. The film, which marks the 10th anniversary of the Naruto anime franchise, will open throughout Japan on July 28.

taken from ANN

Apr 5, 2012 4:25 PM

May 2010
You can watch trailer on the official site:
http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/naruto/movie12/index.html

Looks like alternate reality to me judging by the art (notice different appearance of various characters). Despite that Tobi appears to be unchanged.
Apr 5, 2012 7:46 PM

Oct 2010
Well now i really doubt Tobi moon eye plan will work in the manga now. I'm not hyped latest Naruto movies been shit. Even if Kishi is writing it doesnt mean its going to be good.
Apr 7, 2012 1:56 PM

Dec 2011

Naruto vs. Madara?

Does this mean they'll cut Naruto Shippuden soon?
Apr 8, 2012 6:19 AM

May 2010
Xtc said:

Naruto vs. Madara?

Does this mean they'll cut Naruto Shippuden soon?

Nah, most likely the movie will be set in alternate reality. Check the art on the official site. Thus they can do things impossible in canon. Naruto is way too popular to end. They will keep doing fillers as long as possible.
Apr 15, 2012 9:18 PM

Mar 2010
I'm really iffy about this one, I hope it's not another f#ck up like the reality in the 4th movie; that was just RIDICULOUS ( ̄。 ̄)
SO MANY FLAWS.

Apr 16, 2012 12:31 AM

Jul 2007
It is an "original" story, so no is not going to be set in the same time frame of the canon story.

Apr 19, 2012 8:07 PM
Apr 2012
i have a theory for this movie
maybe naruto gets sent to an alternative dimension by Tobi/Madara during one of their battles where his parents didn't die. but the naruto of that world was very popular and everyone likes him. he was popular because he is dead and the real naruto gets tangled up in this dimension. every character is different from their real ones.
i am just judging from the picture because the characters are a little different and for the fact that Minato and Kushina are on the front cover
Apr 25, 2012 10:08 AM

Feb 2012
Either this movie has an alternate history of the series
or
this is an alternate ending where
Apr 25, 2012 6:53 PM
Oct 2011
But if the moon plan thing was finished then Naruto should be dead shouldn't he?? I mean supposedly the plan was to use the tailed beasts to cast tsukino-something to the moon...
Apr 27, 2012 8:04 PM

Dec 2009
Ah!~ ... I just want to see the movie already to find out whats it about!
Apr 28, 2012 2:16 AM

Jun 2010
Although it's fun to speculate about the film's plot, I wouldn't look too into it. I feel too many of the past trailers misled the audience to certain expectations different from the actual plot. Especially those first trailers, which portrayed scenes not found in the films.
Apr 28, 2012 2:23 AM

Jan 2012
ktapples said:
But if the moon plan thing was finished then Naruto should be dead shouldn't he?? I mean supposedly the plan was to use the tailed beasts to cast tsukino-something to the moon...

Not really because during the anime tailed beast owners can survive the extraction. For example Naruto's mom Kushina she survived while Madara took the 9 tails out of her. So Naruto can survive the extraction.
Jun 1, 2012 11:33 AM

Nov 2008
like most movies, I think it won't have any real connection to the manga plot-wise
just for entertainment

some images from tumblr

yep, alternate universe

Jun 5, 2012 6:05 PM

Nov 2007
realy iffy on this

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
Jun 13, 2012 1:30 PM

Jun 2008
ahin said:
like most movies, I think it won't have any real connection to the manga plot-wise
just for entertainment

some images from tumblr

yep, alternate universe

WoW, I knew Sasuke was a f****t, this literally shows his true nature.
Jun 17, 2012 9:35 AM

Feb 2012
Dizzee said:
WoW, I knew Sasuke was a f****t, this literally shows his true nature.

... This movie was supposed to show "other" side of the characters so..

Well anyway, I am REALLY anticipating for this movie. I mean, PEOPLE, it's gonna be Masashi Kishimoto! Not those.... nvm. =3=

A perverted Neji, a clumsy Tenten, a badass Hinata, a flirty Sasuke, an alive Minato and Kushina... Honestly, does Kishi-sensei read fanfictions? :o

But yeah. I have high hopes for this, and I hope it doesn't disappoint me.

set made by tsudecimo ★ i m a d g m t r a s h ★ pnch blc mal rewrite

Jun 24, 2012 7:18 AM

Aug 2010
I only recently got into the Naruto manga, so I'm hoping to be done catching up with it before it airs -- it looks good.
Have more images from tumblr, all character designs.

Jun 25, 2012 3:51 AM

Feb 2012
Latest trailer, ugh. There goes my hopes and dreams. ._.

Looks like there's gonna be quite a lot of SasuSaku and NaruHina. Ew. No offence.

Jun 25, 2012 8:57 PM

Mar 2011
Rinkaisha said:
Latest trailer, ugh. There goes my hopes and dreams. ._.

Looks like there's gonna be quite a lot of SasuSaku and NaruHina. Ew. No offence.

look at the other side. u have kushina and minato. ALIVE! Hope there is some Kick-ass fighting.
I mean...real KICK-ASS
]
Jun 25, 2012 9:14 PM

Dec 2011
Veerlos said:
I only recently got into the Naruto manga, so I'm hoping to be done catching up with it before it airs -- it looks good.
Have more images from tumblr, all character designs.

LOL, Tsunade looks even younger.
Digging Shika and Choji, though they look almost identical to their present selves.
Never would have imagined Hinata showing so much skin, but she looks good. Her face looks a little odd though. She actually reminds me of Kurenai-sensei.
Sasuke looks so lax, it's hilarious.
Ino shocks me the most though. I never would have pictured her to look like that in the future! She looks so reserved.

But if it's all alternate/parallel universe, then it all totally makes sense.
Really happy about seeing alive Minato and Kushina, but curious about what their personalities will be in this alternate universe.
Jun 25, 2012 11:12 PM
Mar 2009
I can understand not knowing what the plot of the movie is before release.
But, this takes it to a whole new level.
Jun 27, 2012 4:21 AM

Feb 2012
Amberlight said:
look at the other side. u have kushina and minato. ALIVE! Hope there is some Kick-ass fighting.
I mean...real KICK-ASS

Ah, well, that's true. Plus we're gonna see different sides of different characters. I just really hope that there wouldn't be that much romance, but, oh well whatever.

Another latest trailer, what, is Kushina gonna die? Plzno.

Jun 28, 2012 3:37 PM

Sep 2010
I see a lot of shit here...
Jun 29, 2012 6:30 AM

Jan 2011
So, after researching the internet, looking at all the underground sites I could possibly access, and reading these posts on this forum I have absolutely no idea what is going to happen! Yeah, not very helpful but I do like the idea of an alternate universe. I mean, if what you said was true that Tobi traps Naruto in an alternate universe with flirty Sasuke, hot Hinata, hesitant Ino, and Naruto's parents! It's going to be pretty epic with hopeful great battles. I didn't like the previous movie at all. It was awful and I agree that it had a laundry list of problems but I have really high hopes for this one. I'm excited just to see what kind of work Kishimoto is doing to it. :) I could honestly say that I love the idea just because it's done by the writer himself AND it's a pretty awesome filler before the epic battle in the Manga over the whole Moon's-eye plan. All in all I'm just waiting for it to come out and gawking at pictures that I really thought I'd never see animated.
I love hot Hinata. She has confidence and a Byakugan! She's unstoppable. Plus I really like SasuSaku just because it was dropped so suddenly in the manga an anime. *sigh*
Jun 29, 2012 10:47 PM
Feb 2012
im stlll kinda pissed that i live in america... the america that gets the movie 8 months after it is released in theaters in japan TT~TT
Jun 30, 2012 3:42 AM

Feb 2012
http://youtu.be/8xGCp13w4ZE

Watch.
And yes, we have to wait for 2013 for the dvd and subs. Sucks.

Jul 17, 2012 10:02 PM

Aug 2010
It still looks like a filler.

Ooooh well, MORE Minato and Kushina screen time.

im just watching the movie for that reason.
Jul 18, 2012 4:43 PM

Jan 2011
Someone on my Facebook found and posted this. I need some opinions. It is supposed to be the manga for the movie but it only has 32 pages. Pages I've never read before so i'm wondering if it is just a teaser or if they are actually releasing the manga version? what do you think?

http://www.mangareader.net/road-to-naruto-the-movie/1
Jul 20, 2012 7:59 PM

May 2011
It's the prequel to the movie. It introduces what happened the night before or something.
Jul 22, 2012 12:42 AM

Feb 2012
Yep, exactly. It's the prequel. Like, a teaser.

http://videobam.com/dLiUN

^ Watch it. Now.

Jul 24, 2012 4:36 PM

Dec 2009
its coming out in 4 days from now.
But I remember that it takes a while for it to get subbed after, like... 2 months maybe I think?

So how long should we expect for it to be subbed?
Jul 24, 2012 4:37 PM

Dec 2009
but my opinion on this movie,

(dislike) - Sasuke x Sakura

(dislike) - Hinata wanting to kill Naruto

(LOVE) - Life of Naruto having his parents alive

(LOVE) - Naruto fighting Tobi
Jul 24, 2012 4:39 PM

Dec 2009
Jul 24, 2012 4:39 PM

Dec 2009
Yusa-pyan said:
im stlll kinda pissed that i live in america... the america that gets the movie 8 months after it is released in theaters in japan TT~TT

8 MONTHS!? damn it! ><
Jul 25, 2012 4:37 PM

Mar 2012
waalex11 said:
but my opinion on this movie,

(dislike) - Sasuke x Sakura

(dislike) - Hinata wanting to kill Naruto

(LOVE) - Life of Naruto having his parents alive

(LOVE) - Naruto fighting Tobi

According from someone on youtube Hinata is having yandere side in the movie
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Jul 25, 2012 5:51 PM
Jul 2012
Seems to me alternate reality where Tobi succeeds in his Moons Eye Plan, and encases the world in Infinite Tsukoyumi(spelling?). And Naruto's either gonna fight to get out of the illusion, or try to stay in it cuz his parents are alive. I think it can be taken as what would actually happen if Tobi succeeded since Kishimoto's writing it.
Jul 26, 2012 1:01 AM

Jun 2011
Everyone's personality changes? It could be a hit or a total failure
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 27, 2012 8:28 AM

Feb 2012
waalex11 said:
But I remember that it takes a while for it to get subbed after, like... 2 months maybe I think?

A year, actually. We need to wait for the DVD release, then sub.

If you read the manga, you'll see the connections. It seems like it have connections to Naruto's wishes, like, how he wishes for Hinata to be more courageous, for Sasuke to come back, for Sakura to be happy, radda radda. So yeah.

Hinata isn't a "yandere", but rather, a sassy bitch. And she still likes Naruto.

Jul 27, 2012 4:03 PM

Dec 2009
oh...
she still likes him? Thats good to hear... phew, but still I don't like her like that.
But it still seems like it will be very enjoyable
Jul 28, 2012 10:57 PM

Dec 2010
I don't want to give too much away, but it was a good film and there wasn't some BS made up new Rasengan this time.
Jul 28, 2012 10:58 PM

Feb 2012
Lightmeia said:
I don't want to give too much away, but it was a good film and there wasn't some BS made up new Rasengan this time.

OMFG YOU WATCHED IT?!

Jul 28, 2012 10:59 PM

Dec 2010
Rinkaisha said:
Lightmeia said:

OMFG YOU WATCHED IT?!

ya, just watched it. I got the special DVD that comes with cinema entry but my laptop doesn't have a disk player so I can't watch it.. until I go back to my desktop.
Jul 28, 2012 11:57 PM

Oct 2011
Lightmeia said:
Rinkaisha said:
Lightmeia said:

OMFG YOU WATCHED IT?!

ya, just watched it. I got the special DVD that comes with cinema entry but my laptop doesn't have a disk player so I can't watch it.. until I go back to my desktop.

The special DVD mostly contained Kishimoto sensei's interview, I thought it would be pure motion comic thing but gaah no.
Jul 30, 2012 4:17 AM

Feb 2012

People that lives in Japan sure have it all. /sobs

DO YOU GUYS MIND GIVING ME SPOILERS. SPECIALLY ABOUT MENMA, Like, message me? orz

Jul 30, 2012 8:24 PM

Jan 2009
OS_Christina706 said:
Lightmeia said:
Rinkaisha said:
Lightmeia said:

OMFG YOU WATCHED IT?!

The special DVD mostly contained Kishimoto sensei's interview, I thought it would be pure motion comic thing but gaah no.

i hope you two give spoilers for the movie, like just a simple summary will do
Aug 2, 2012 3:16 PM
Feb 2012
waalex11 said:

heh... just... add about 6 more months to ur guess, and u get the minimum time it takes for the blue ray to be released... and then add 3-7 days to it...
Aug 2, 2012 11:49 PM

Jul 2007
For those of you who do not want to wait, this is a 5 part video where this guy actually does a pretty good job of summarizing the entire movie.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto: Shippuuden Movie 6 - Road to Ninja Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2013

166 by Ricky16 »»
Feb 16, 9:50 AM

» The Akatsuki *Tiny Spoiler*

Sangromancer - Apr 21, 2013

8 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Jun 30, 2022 11:18 PM

» Is this canon

piggies_united - Jan 9, 2022

5 by GinpachiSensei19 »»
Jan 10, 2022 12:13 AM

» Everyone has opposite personalities, but Sasuke's opposite personality is liking girls

Axelthrow - Jun 9, 2021

1 by Pyro »»
Jun 9, 2021 12:12 AM

» Iruka and Naruto

Becloud - Aug 2, 2013

4 by MrLegitimacy »»
Feb 3, 2018 10:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.