Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »
Feb 8, 2013 1:58 PM
Jan 2013
what Remon Yamano is head of Men in Black japan

man dreams really do come true!!!!
Feb 8, 2013 7:09 PM
Oct 2012
I sort of wanted them to achieve their goal and be together forever type of end, but still good.
Feb 8, 2013 7:10 PM
Oct 2012
rebelakuma said:
I was really surprised with the MIB.. haha.. because I really thought that Lemon was an alien..

Anyway, still enjoyed it much.. can't believe I dropped this series at first... good thing I gave it a second chance :)

Lol, that actually made me laugh because of how surprising. In a good way
Feb 8, 2013 7:16 PM

Jan 2013
Kolle said:
I sort of wanted them to achieve their goal and be together forever type of end, but still good.

It's been a while, but iirc, she did come back. Like, literally the last 10 seconds of the show, I think they show a video clip of her after she came back.
Feb 15, 2013 10:47 PM

Nov 2012
i really love this anime..

i think Lemon (MIB) completed the space ship which in=turn make earth be able to join the federation.. and ichika comes back next summer :D since its ok now to travel to earth :D:D:D:D
Feb 18, 2013 3:22 PM

Jul 2012
Damn, another anime with such great beginning and so forgettable ending. I guess after a while i won't remember how it ended, it was too much lovey dovey. Another story where girl go away, there's lots of crying and remembering the times together and then, after credits small part which show that she eventually came back. I really liked the beginning though, it made me smile and laugh a lot.
Feb 22, 2013 7:04 AM
Nov 2012
At the end, didn't the MiB thingie achieve interstellar transportation? because she left behind the ship and her technologies, and what happened at the end when she wore the souvenir gift?
Mar 7, 2013 6:19 PM

Jun 2012
all thought i don't wanna believe she came back i think she did come back at the end dammit. this was the second time i hoped for a other girl to turn out well i am taking about Kaito Kirishima and Kanna Tanigawa of course.

this also happened in Kimi ga Nozomu Eien where i hoped for Haruka Suzumiya and Takayuki Narumi but in that series they at least didn't make me feel angry and also the second season fixed that.

but in here they just made me feel a little angry.

i was going for a 7/10 but i will give it a 8/10 cause i respect the rest of the anime and we are not sure she came back for good if she left for good it would be a 9/10 if she stayed a 7/10
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Mar 22, 2013 6:05 PM

Aug 2009
fu fu fu...

I will miss that smirk

Not bad overall. Could use an OVA but it's fine without one too.
Mar 31, 2013 3:21 PM

Jan 2012
Mizoho-sensei =)))

Kikoku Inoue's voice I guess?

I need MOAR of this TRILOGY!
Apr 5, 2013 8:27 PM

Feb 2013
I need a fucking ova now ASAP!!!!!!
Apr 25, 2013 2:36 AM

Jun 2008
Fantastic series!

Anh~ That ending was so good!

And YES Ichika came back. Last few seconds: "What happened to your space ship? Huh? It broke? Again?"

The AGAIN at the end confirms that she ends up back on earth! Not saying as though her ship broke but because of the movie they phrased it that way. She came back voluntarily because the MiB had achieved what was necessary for that to happen.

Thank you all the producers for making such a good show!

Them last few episodes had so many feels! Bravo! 9/10 from me.
Signature Here.
May 2, 2013 7:55 PM
Jan 2011
So Remon just happens to be with the MIB and arrives at the same time as Ichika?So stupid.
xsilicon9May 2, 2013 8:00 PM
May 4, 2013 7:03 PM

Sep 2012
Remon being a MIB! That explains a lot.
May 15, 2013 10:14 AM
Aug 2012
EdoruGaijin2May 15, 2013 10:18 AM
May 17, 2013 2:54 AM
May 2013
Misiakk said:
Damn, another anime with such great beginning and so forgettable ending. I guess after a while i won't remember how it ended, it was too much lovey dovey. Another story where girl go away, there's lots of crying and remembering the times together and then, after credits small part which show that she eventually came back. I really liked the beginning though, it made me smile and laugh a lot.

I agree. (Except I didn't find the beginning as enjoyable as you might've, nothing really stood out for me.) But I guess it's like the cookie-cutter for a Romance genre. Endings that seem to sum up everything in a few seconds and try to answer all the questions the viewer might have, which in this case is "Did she really come back?". I mean ... the ending implies she does and it's an easy go-to ending for the series.
May 25, 2013 8:01 PM

May 2013
I watched this anime a few times already and it still amazes me how awesome this anime is from start to finish.
Jun 1, 2013 7:30 AM

Aug 2007
YAY, finally I finished the anime, and I really loved it. And specially this final episode hay a lot of surprises.

The character I loved is Remon, I think she wins the prize of mysterious character in the whole series.

I got happy about how it ends.
Jun 7, 2013 9:30 AM
Feb 2013
its a sad ending....i rly cant stand sad endings anymore....ever since i watched Clannad my eyes just keep leaking especally at the ending thats messed up ....i kept watching the time of the last episode hoping there would be some kind of hint of her showing up
Jun 23, 2013 5:37 AM

Jun 2013
AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! SAD ENDING!!!!!!!!

i hope very much in this episode! very very sad after know she can't find the mark. poor kaito, he might can't see ichika forever :'(((
i lack on english but, i want to speak!
Jun 29, 2013 8:03 PM

Dec 2008
This was WAY more than I could have ever expected! 8/10
Jul 1, 2013 2:22 PM

Jul 2008
jimjameswhatever said:

You don't need to be a genius to figure out that ichika was allowed to come back and see Kaito again. Just because you don't get to see them "together" it's a bad ending? Once again, go back to watching disney movies -___-

well said
After I Crush Your Dreams......
Your Bones Will Follow......
Jul 10, 2013 12:43 AM

Apr 2010
I like that there are still people that think it was a sad ending. lol
Jul 10, 2013 4:57 AM
Jun 2013
How is this a sad ending kaito sister bought her a new shirt from overseas but she finds out that ichika left .kaito keeps filming to complete the movie until 1 day ichika returns and wears that shirt kaito sister got her.It was shown on the ending
Jul 10, 2013 6:14 AM

Jun 2013
For me it was an ok anime.The plot was not all that great also includes lack of character development.The art was not all that great.And guys(claiming that the ending was sad)the ending was obvious and not sad.
Jul 11, 2013 9:25 AM

Nov 2012
LOL XD she is really MIB LOL XD I know she is not joking when she is saying "i'm a MIB agent" when the festival over lol XD

seriously whats with this anime XD lol XD MIB? LOL XD

and then, that ending.. :/ so in the end ichika is back to earth hmm? so that mean "that earth" has the technology to telecomunate with other space? LOL XD awesome awesome.. btw nice happy sad ending LOL XD

9/10 XD
Aug 9, 2013 3:14 AM

Jul 2011
Love the series. The last parts were iffy overall and there weren't any solid conclusions to the romances between the other characters but great ending overall.
The chip in my mind, it summons me.
I gave my life to your machines.
Aug 14, 2013 12:55 PM

Jul 2013
Nooooo how could they end it like that!

Ichika leaves Kai and then at the end in the movie you see Ichika wearing the top Kai's sister got her? Does that mean she came back to earth??!
Aug 14, 2013 5:51 PM

Mar 2012
pretty good anime
Aug 24, 2013 3:27 AM

Jun 2013
Soren333 said:
Nooooo how could they end it like that!

Ichika leaves Kai and then at the end in the movie you see Ichika wearing the top Kai's sister got her? Does that mean she came back to earth??!

IT SEEMS ICHIKA IS BACK TO EARTH!!!

well i'm enjoying this anime from start till finish... it's packed with good conflicts and conclusions i think... and the ending is well done i guess since its okay to end this series like that, unexpected. this one series is enough because its so good!
Sep 21, 2013 5:44 PM
Aug 2013
When they rescue the memories, probably the earth changed her classification from F to E (?), and probably when it got promoted they could speak to the people from earth, meaning that she can come and live here. I think this is what happened
Sep 22, 2013 7:40 PM

Sep 2013
Honestly, the MIB was so random lol. I couldn't take the anime too seriously but the emotions were definitely still there. Overall, a good anime, they showed Ichika coming back in style. Loved how the show ended with her wearing the souvenir.
Sep 25, 2013 11:38 PM

Aug 2013
At long last I decided to watch this.. and it certainly lived up to its name.
I didn't really liked Kaito at first.. I was more interested in all the other characters' relationship.
In the beginning Remon is already suspicious enough.. I kept thinking she was an alien too.
Suddenly she became MIB.. wow that totally gave me a K.O.
In the end I guess it's a bittersweet happy ending.. but the only one I felt sad for is Kanna.
I was actually hoping she would get together with Kaito. LOL
Sep 26, 2013 12:13 PM
Jan 2013
Okay, I'm not bothered to look through the posts but it's pretty obvious that she came back.

It wasn't exactly a bittersweet ending, she came back. In the end the students said "They're playing the movie AGAIN this year?". Which implies that this is 1 year after and she returned to COMPLETE the movie. If you remember Mrs MIB said that this is the UNCOMPLETE version, and that Ichika would complete it.

Once again, no idea if it's already mentioned but not bothered to look.
Sep 30, 2013 5:55 AM

Dec 2011
So Ichika did leave after all. And then came back, breaking her spaceship again - perhaps deliberately this time.

They left all the romance stuff unanswered, although it was hinted at.

And Remon really was a M.I.B. - not that that wasn't obvious.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Oct 20, 2013 9:08 AM
Jun 2013
Just finished watching this series.

I did find the episode really depressing though. To go through all of that trouble of reaching the place Ichika had wished to see only to find that the evidence of previous alien-human contact was destroyed. And if that wasn't sad enough, almost immediately after, Ichika is captured by an emergency vessel and returned to her home planet, without Ichika and Kaito properly exchanging their last goodbyes...

I'll admit, I absolutely hate bittersweet endings, and I hated the fact that it took over half the series for Ichika to come to terms with her feelings with Kaito, only to be seperated from him about 2 episodes later.

Fortunately, the last 20 or so seconds of the episode was enough to make me satisfied with this ending because hey, at least Ichika came back in the end! It's my understanding from this ending that shortly after... in fact, very shortly after Ichika returned to her home planet, Remon returned to work for the MIB, and with the help of Ichika's companion Rinon who remained on Earth (Rinon seems like a highly intelligent creature, and seems to have contact with Ichika's home planet, so it wouldn't surprise me if he was able to retrieve the blueprints for Ichika's space ship), they rapidly developed a spaceship to travel to, and join the Galactic Federation, which resulted in Earth no longer being an F-ranked planet.

So overall, a good anime series with a satisfactory ending, I give it a 7/10. I'm just glad it wasn't a bittersweet ending. :)
Oct 22, 2013 1:39 AM

Sep 2011
Overall a good series. I knew Lemon/Remon w/e you want to say her name, was a MIB. I mean, come on... That movie script. Though, the melodrama was a bit over the top for the final episodes. Solid series otherwise.

8/10
Oct 24, 2013 11:38 PM

Apr 2011
I know MIB was mentioned throughout the whole anime but who was actually taking that seriously? LOL. omg... I lost it and started laughing so hard when it was actually MIB.

Glad she came back in the end.
Nov 12, 2013 8:26 PM
Jul 2013
You guys know she came back, right? In the movie they played in the end, she had the souvenir Kaito's sister got for her on.... So they got back together, happy faces everyone. :)
Dec 3, 2013 7:34 AM

Apr 2012
giraffesyo said:
I know MIB was mentioned throughout the whole anime but who was actually taking that seriously? LOL. omg... I lost it and started laughing so hard when it was actually MIB.

Glad she came back in the end.

Damn the evidence was staring me in the face as well! lol

Good ending so overall 7/10
Dec 23, 2013 11:07 AM

Aug 2012
I have nothing left to say than this: 11/10.
Thanks.
Dec 26, 2013 8:09 AM

Dec 2011
Well the last 2 episode were a real bummer. Everything is going too fast and so suddenly. Overall a great ending I guess. Had a happy ending after all.
Dec 26, 2013 12:49 PM

Feb 2013
Oh, Lemon.
The ending made me cry. I hope Mio and Tetsurou end up together.
A nice anime.
Dec 31, 2013 11:34 AM
Dec 2013
Ok....so ik alot of people r saying it was a great ending, but i don't think so. i mean the endind was awsome but i want to see more. More of kaito and ichika. I want to see if she actually gets to come back to earth. in the very last few minutes of episode 12 it showed ichika in the movie, but i think it was edited into it by kaito. because i remember seeing him film the clothes kaito's sister bought for ichika. i am a HUGE sucker for romance anime. but it makes me a little mad when there is only one season and it's not even a long season. "Lets make another 1 or 2 seasons for so and so anime". that's wat i want to here form the developers of all these anime shows that make them short and don't bother continueing them. i just saw episode 12 this morning at 3 a.m. and was balling my eyes out when ichika was taken away from kaito. all i'm saying is there should be more to it and more seasons.
Dec 31, 2013 9:57 PM

Apr 2012
so ichika returned? i'm so glad...
i cried a bit when they watched the movie and ichika's face showed up.
it was a really cute show and the ending wasn't bad.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 2, 2014 7:01 PM
Dec 2013
ok listen from wat i saw i don't think she came back in the end....think about it. when nanami came back home with the stuff for ichika and Kaito said she had left, he recorded a short video of the clothes. and the last part of the movie they made was edited in. they already the recording of ichika turning around and saying wat she said. so they just edited the clothes in. I may be completely wrong but it doesn't seem like ichika came back. feel free to comment about my post and feel free to argue about it
Jan 3, 2014 2:41 AM
Feb 2013
SAOChampKirito said:
ok listen from wat i saw i don't think she came back in the end....think about it. when nanami came back home with the stuff for ichika and Kaito said she had left, he recorded a short video of the clothes. and the last part of the movie they made was edited in. they already the recording of ichika turning around and saying wat she said. so they just edited the clothes in. I may be completely wrong but it doesn't seem like ichika came back. feel free to comment about my post and feel free to argue about it
i get what you are getting at but at the very end in the movie its pretty clear that she returns and is reunited with kaito. They even show a film taken presumingly using kaito's camera to record the last scene where in the entire series he is the onky one to record anything to do with ichika by herself
Feb 23, 2014 1:17 AM

Jul 2013
All's well, that ends well. Great ending imo. This gives me an 8/10. It would be great if we get to see Ichika's place, and her parents but didn't show.

Intense during the 1st half. Wow, Remon was badass with her van in combat mood. Everyone is working together and those MIB guys showed up out of nowhere XD. Nice sweet moment on the train ride for Ichika and Kaito.

Well they got to the scenery place but then she was suddenly taken away immediately. Though they promise they will held these memorable memories with each other.

The ending wrap things up with the movie being finished, Remon transferring to a different place (The MIB) and everyone grew up together. But then that last part of the movie...

Mar 3, 2014 1:22 AM

Jun 2012
They ruined an otherwise brilliant ending by having her come back to Earth at the last second. It would have been so much better if she stayed in space, which would have made that ending dialogue about living on in other people's memories far more powerful.
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Mar 10, 2014 8:24 AM

Jan 2014
lol,reading comments in this section after finishing the anime and im amazed to see how they managed to misunderstood the ending...Bunch of people writes about that BS and "SAD" ending...its sad,because of some people unable to understand even the simplest twist we keep getting straightforward cliche storry tellings over and over...did you ever heard of the concept post-modernism,they don't have to explain everything for the minimum IQ level possible..
Pages (9) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »

More topics from this board

» Anyone still a fan?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

19 by samuraibuss »»
Mar 22, 2:58 AM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jan 23, 2012

192 by ALYXVNDER_ »»
Mar 2, 8:04 PM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Mar 19, 2012

189 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 29, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 12, 2012

185 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 29, 4:02 AM

Poll: » Ano Natsu de Matteru Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tenshiholic - Mar 5, 2012

277 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 29, 3:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.