Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]
Mar 22, 2019 10:09 PM

Jun 2011

Just finished all three seasons within this week (still need to see the OVA/Specials/Movie), but gotta say I much preferred the first and second seasons over this one. It was hard to keep track of what's going on, and I didn't really understand why Yuji's plan was a bad thing. A world where humans and denizens coexist? Sounds pretty great to me, yet everybody's trying to stop it? I really did not like Yuji being made the enemy, and wish Shana could've gone back to the school life. Yuji didn't even say goodbye to his parents or friends. Everything just felt lackluster, but I made it through.

Honestly, if I had to choose between Kozumi or Shana, I'd choose Kozumi, since she can actually age and not look 12 forever lol.
Mar 22, 2019 10:18 PM

Jun 2011
Darkemperor7890 said:
Did sakai yuuji parents and friends remember him and shana?

I was wondering that. He's no longer a torch, so his existence is back, yet none of his friends or parents seem to notice his absence in the end. It'd be nice to get a special or some OVA that would expand as an epilogue, because the end just looks like Kozumi got the short end of the stick. She'll never see Shana or Yuji again, Hirai is oddly amazingly friendly with her for some unknown reason, and everybody associated with the Crimson world (aside from Sato and Marjery) are gone. I guess, the series would've been better if Ike, Yuji's best friend, had been a support character along for the ride, like in Bleach with Ichigo's friends.

Sigh, so much potential from this show, yet so many loose ends. I'm assuming the light novels expand more on this world, but I'll never get to read them.
Mar 22, 2019 10:25 PM

Oct 2013
Frosty said:
I didn't really understand why Yuji's plan was a bad thing. A world where humans and denizens coexist? Sounds pretty great to me, yet everybody's trying to stop it?
As said during episode 15

We will join this war. Because however disagreeable it may be, what the Snake of the Festival said earlier is true. We the four Gods of the Earth have been told what truly caused the storm in the rift, the omen of great catastrophe by the Flamen Warrior Sky Heart. And that cause is Tomogara changing humans into the unstable energy known as power of existence. The world is unbalanced with every concrete existence is loses. As a counter event the storm is formed within the rift. If the God of Creation goes to the new world with the Tomogara the unstable energy will be brought back to this world and the storm shall die down. But if they cause havoc in the new world as they do in this world then eventually a return to catastrophe. We who live on this side will have no business policing what they choose to do on the other side. Still we the Four Gods of Earth will fight the Snake of the Festival, the God of Creation. Because this world, Guze and the new world in the rift are all part of the greater world. We the Four Gods of the Earth will fight against the selfish mind creating a new innocent world
Yuji indeed planned to go to Xanadu and create a way for coexistence but the law to prevent Tomogara from killing people wasn't originally planned at all until Justus was revealed. For all the Flame Haze knew the Tomogara would continue killing humans as they have for centuries but now without punishment or even some kind of surveillance since its a Paradise made for them to do anything they desire. The Flame Haze aren't fighting to stop coexist but to make the New World and the balance of all Worlds stable as you can see being expressed in episode 21

Yeah.... The reason we still keep on killing and killing and killing you guys! This war is an execution ground upon which everyone is killed!
I could slay thousands... tens of thousands... hundreds of thousands... or even a million, the desire to go to the new world will never dwindle. So we will kill as many beasts who know the taste of humans... any pests that know the feel of it. We'll eradicate the experience of feasting upon humans as much as possible! For the good of the soon-to-be newborn world!

Listen carefully you with power. We will depart, and you will search for your new sanctuary
There may not be any but there may be some. Those that gathered here, Listening to their inner desire shall die as such.
Those who survive will live and remember what they just saw. The ultimate fate of beasts that know the taste of humans. How the pests that know the feel of eating humans ultimately ended up. But the birth of the new world will continue. Even after those that survive today go to the other side. In the future, many newly spawned Tomogara are likely to travel to the new world. There you will become an emissary of the past. You will turn into an elder who used to eat humans. You shall talk about the past under the stars, upon vehicles, at parties and in bed. How those who used to eat humans met merciless death while trying to cross over to your world. Its a fact. It will result in the formation of a taboo. We are here to create that history. We are here to bring death to as many as possible. Today is the end of an era for Tomogara. The last day of eating humans. Guze no Tomogara, those that live on this world with us. This is how we continue to make this world, Guze and the future of all the worlds, even including within the rift. Now and forever
Mar 22, 2019 10:30 PM

Jun 2011

Yes, this does help clarify it a bit, but what was stopping Yuji from talking it over with Shana and the others, and implementing the 'no-kill' rule in the first place? I get Yuji had a huge amount of guilt within him, but I'm assuming if he had just decided to restrict the denizens' freedoms, they would stop respecting him/Snake as their God? Sorry, this season was just confusing for me, as it just felt like they were trying to extend a short arc into 24 episodes, when it could've done with less.
Mar 22, 2019 10:58 PM

Oct 2013
Frosty said:
Yes, this does help clarify it a bit, but what was stopping Yuji from talking it over with Shana and the others, and implementing the 'no-kill' rule in the first place? I get Yuji had a huge amount of guilt within him, but I'm assuming if he had just decided to restrict the denizens' freedoms, they would stop respecting him/Snake as their God? Sorry, this season was just confusing for me, as it just felt like they were trying to extend a short arc into 24 episodes, when it could've done with less.
Revealing everything could endanger the creation of Xanadu. As Johan said in episode 19. Yuji didn't believe love was strong enough to overcome such a obstacle. He only trusted in himself and decided to hold all responsibility for his actions and team up with Bal Masque which he believed would lead to his ultimate goal. The Flame Haze and Guze no Tomogara had been at war for over 3000 years now. Simply talking and coming to an agreement at that point is impossible.

Yuji implementing a no kill law wouldn't have caused less respect either I believe since he made sure to not let any human be consumed in Misaki City and Tomogara still followed him. Xanadu not originally having any restrictions is because thats the kind of God Snake of the Festival is. As you can see during his parting words with Yuji. ”Sakai Yuji. Im fond of your strong philosophy and support it, as well. But in the end, you know what sort of God I am. So I will permit your actions since I approve of desires. Even if no else approves of them I will.”
Or you can rewatch his speech from episode 14

The point is that is that Snake of the Festival wants a world his people are free to do whatever they want in and Yuji wants a world where he no longer has to worry about the safety of his family and friends along with finally ending the mission of the Flame Haze so Shana wont just be a tool.
He had to make certain sacrifices so to be able to work with Snake of the Festival. Even Snake of the Festival made compromises with Yuji and with held information from his Trinity as you can see when Bel Peol and Sydonay felt uneasy about it during the beginning of the season.
DeknijffMar 22, 2019 11:05 PM
Aug 15, 2019 3:27 AM

Mar 2018
What a disappointment this season was. It made me dislike Yuuji so much that I can't see this as a good ending.
Aug 30, 2019 4:15 AM

Jul 2014
Tihis series was soo good ... story and character development wise Xd
OP and ED Themes were also great as well
Was filled with emotions after finishing this series and a satisfying ending :>
9/10 I would recommend to watch
The ED song for this final episode really fits in well and a rlly good song, heres a link :> (just hope it dosent get taken down :3)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A2V0Mq6J70
Sep 23, 2019 6:32 AM

Dec 2009
Finished rewatching this iconic series once again... For such a long living series and escalating to such scale, invoking so many plots... I really wish there was some epilogue, how everyone turned ut on earth, what life in xanadu was like, how people coped with the reality of people they'd never see again, etc.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Oct 13, 2019 8:07 PM

Nov 2008
Dammit I'm so pissed off....

Overall...I didn't like this season nearly as much as the first two. Waaaaaaaaay too convoluted and Yuji's Face Heel Turn was idiotic. The best part was Margery and Keisaku actually doing it. xD I wanted them to get together....but was shocked it actually happened. LET ALONE SEX.

Rofl, good for you, boi.
ChiibiOct 13, 2019 8:10 PM

Jan 28, 2020 9:34 AM

Aug 2017
3/10 for the season. No school scenes, no home scenes, all battle and outer space. Last episode shows Misaki City in dark mode for a few minutes. Too many characters, and Yuji turned evil. This was a pain to get through.

Three seasons to reach this point:

Jan 31, 2020 5:03 PM

Mar 2015
I really like it, definitely one of my favorites animes.
My Candies:

My bonus Candies:
Apr 27, 2020 9:45 AM
Nov 2014
I loved the ending. I watched this during highschool and came back to finish the final season and i am happy. I will miss this series a lot. i remember buying a shana figurine and an alastor necklace from an anime convention.

Bit disappointed though because i didn't understand a lot of why certain characters did what they did, but somehow it makes sense after all a lot of it was revealed towards the end and this seems to drive the plot. Bad/lazy logic/excuse/explanation at the end when Shana said 'You could have just asked...!
' Shana's "Urusai! Urusai! Urusai!" ("Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!") really summed it up nicely in the end. And their embrace was just beautiful.
May 12, 2020 7:37 PM
Jan 2017
I really dont like the final ep, ok i dont understand what happened, they fight and fight for one reason and after this the reason turns the right choice ? wut
Nov 4, 2020 6:51 AM

Sep 2012
Dec 2, 2020 11:31 AM

Jun 2017
Why flame hazes are opposed to restoring the city? Is restoring it also "changing the normal" resulting in an imbalance to the world?
Margery has had quite the power-up. Would have been more helpful if she did that earlier. Sidonay dead huh? His talk at the end implies that he may come back too just like Hecate.
Shana, Yuji and Wilhelmina ended up going to the new world leaving the rest behind. Somehow it is a bittersweet end.

While I liked the events of this season, it was quite rushed and often disorienting. It should have had another 12 episodes to flesh out all the new characters. The transition from the last season to this wasn't handled well. A full episode dedicated to Yuji's conversations with the snake of the festival and his decision to follow his own plans should have been included. The anime could have been better. Too bad the light novels aren't translated.
Dec 2, 2020 11:37 AM

Oct 2013
Chrome_Falcon said:
Why flame hazes are opposed to restoring the city? Is restoring it also "changing the normal" resulting in an imbalance to the world?
The Flame Hazes dont mention anything about restoring the city or not from what I remember so what scene are you referring to?
Dec 2, 2020 7:58 PM

Jun 2017
Deknijff said:
Chrome_Falcon said:
The Flame Hazes dont mention anything about restoring the city or not from what I remember so what scene are you referring to?

When Yuji says he will fix Misaki city the flame hazes tense up and prepare to attack. It is before Yuji announced that he will be going to the new world. So I assumed that it is because flame hazes did not want that change to happen.
On a separate note, do you know what did Lamies create with power of existence? I am referring to that wooden rectangle like thing he was holding when he disappeared.
Dec 3, 2020 4:19 AM

Oct 2013
Chrome_Falcon said:
Deknijff said:
When Yuji says he will fix Misaki city the flame hazes tense up and prepare to attack. It is before Yuji announced that he will be going to the new world. So I assumed that it is because flame hazes did not want that change to happen.
On a separate note, do you know what did Lamies create with power of existence? I am referring to that wooden rectangle like thing he was holding when he disappeared.
Think you reading too into that scene
they attacking because they fighting. Pretty sure they were more shocked over the fact there is no copy of Misaki city in the new world than Yuji saying he will use Yoshida to restore the city

as for Lamies. He restored a painting he accidentally caused the destruction of from a man he was in love with if Im remembering correctly
You can find more info on his wiki page
Dec 3, 2020 4:42 AM

Jun 2017
@Deknijff Okay. I will check the wiki for details of some characters.
Jan 31, 2021 8:17 PM

Sep 2020
7/10.
I realized that high-fantasy themed anime are not for me, though I liked this one.
There are a few things I didn't understood, but it was cute to see the kiss and Yukari back.
Well... I'm feeling a bit empty right now. It really was a journey...

niko_sbJan 31, 2021 8:22 PM
Apr 9, 2021 11:59 AM
Mar 2015
Re-watching this now after the AoT fiasco. Shana is what a truly masterpiece looks like.
Apr 26, 2021 5:12 PM

Oct 2012
/facepalm

This has the be one of the most unsatisying conclusion to such long series I have seen in years...

The plot-device child out of nowhere to give Wilhelmina reason to go away, Yuuji getting superpowers even without tomogara inside him, cop-out explanation why Misaki City can't be on the other side, random role given to Kazumi (what she even did to restore the city?) and out-of-nowhere self-loathing following with cringeworthy confession in the end - we got it all.

The ressurection of Hirai actually makes no sense and the reconstronstruction of all other dead people is illogical either as they were using the 'power of existence tomogara took and eaten from people to actually restored damages and also those people'. Meaning taking more than giving... therefore it would be impossible. Not to mention 'the how' they actually recognized what needed to be restored wasn't explained either... and I really don't think Yoshida alone would be able to manage something like that.

With tons of flame hazes and probabably even other tomogara still staying in current world what did they even achieved?
Peaceful coexistence? Are you kidding me?
The third season actually destroyed everything I actually liked on previous seasons.

3/10 and I think I'm still generous.

So now I will probably try and take some time to pretend that no such thing as the third season ever existed.
Mich666Apr 26, 2021 5:15 PM
Jun 17, 2021 12:34 PM
Jun 2021
I just recently watched the anime and I loved the ending but I really wish to see what will gonna happen to Yuji and Shana in Xanadu and memories of Yuki's classmates will be back if Yuji return to earth after atoning his sin?
Aug 27, 2021 1:40 AM
Jan 2021
Man I'm sobbing, i mean such a good series I ended watching, I would appreciate an after story ova or movie about life in new Paradis he made
Oct 19, 2021 2:58 PM

Feb 2020
Holy fuck am I glad it's over. The final season was even more painful and boring than the first half of season two. I won't lie, I forced myself through this season exclusively for Shana. What do they give me instead? Millions of side characters that I'm somehow supposed to care about, the most convoluted, chuuni plot imaginable, and lots of sleep-inducing fight scenes.
3/10 for this season, 5/10 for the whole series.
Dec 22, 2021 10:53 AM
Dec 2021
a fantastic anime this is
Feb 22, 2022 11:22 AM

Nov 2010
I find it really weird that Yuuji is so hung up on Hirai when they only interacted for a few days. She wasn't a childhood friend or a lover and so many girls like her have died like that already.

Yuuji is so absurdly complicated and such an idiot. I wanted Shana to pound him to within an inch of his life to bring him back to his senses. He doesn't deserve her for making things so complicated between them. I'm glad they've finally confessed to each other and kissed, but at that point, it didn't have the emotional impact anymore. Oh yeah I almost forgot, he didn't even say "I love you" to Shana. tsk!

I'm glad Sydonay and Hecate and all the other lovers in this series reunited in some form.

Damn, that S1 OST(never gets old) and the new song is so good.

IMO, They needed 1 or 2 seasons more of world building to make me care for this conflict. However, I think this conflict was unnecessary. I wish this conflict never happened and the show should've just focused on Yuuji, Shana, and Kazumi love triangle and how Yuuji can live as long as Shana, etc. 7/10
Mar 25, 2022 7:05 PM

Oct 2010
It's been 10 years since this ended and I still want more. I miss these characters so much
Jan 6, 2023 4:52 AM

Jan 2021
I'm glad Hirai-san is back. I didn't enjoy this season. 6/10
Roxy

Jan 25, 7:52 PM
Apr 2021
They kissed. I watched 72 episodes for that one 2 second part thank God. Shana forever
Feb 18, 10:36 PM
Dec 2015
After all the years rewatching Shan again I still feel it will be 100 times better if Sakai just accepted Yoshida as well and ended as a harem ending
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

game8910 - Nov 18, 2011

78 by Estefan »»
Jan 27, 4:56 AM

» Is it just me or does Shakugan No shana season 3 suck??

chrisedmonds - Nov 14, 2014

34 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Jan 22, 10:13 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KimChanx3 - Oct 28, 2011

184 by Jooshau »»
Apr 27, 2023 7:30 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

game8910 - Dec 16, 2011

158 by burntlettuce »»
Feb 27, 2023 8:42 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana III (Final) Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

game8910 - Nov 25, 2011

81 by GoldenPincers »»
Feb 9, 2023 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.