Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 23, 2012 4:22 PM

Jun 2008
For a moment I thought she really wasn't going to win. Yay!

Hm, the end is near. I wonder what the two will work on afterwards (the creators of Death Note and this manga).
HEY!
Mar 23, 2012 4:33 PM

Mar 2011
I'd prefer if she had gotten over 50% of the vote. FPTP is only suited for two-way voting, otherwise poor candidates can win due to split opposition. Look at it this way: 57% of voters preferred someone other than Azuki. (This is the reason why the Conservative party has majority rule in Canada, for example, despite the majority of Canadians voting for left-wing parties.)

She probably would have won regardless, but the little bit of doubt bugs me.
Mar 23, 2012 4:51 PM

Jan 2009
I guess Bakuman will lose some steam now that the characters don't have any personal goals to pursue, so it may end in a few months.

Here's hoping for Money and Intelligence next.
Mar 23, 2012 5:15 PM

Jun 2009
notsureifsrs said:
Too bad they will never fuck

:( poor him XD
KinkyMeganeMar 23, 2012 7:45 PM
Mar 23, 2012 5:46 PM

Aug 2008
I don't think they'll end just like this.

There's still a lot of room for development. Like Azuki and Mashiro's marriage. I don't think it'll be just perfect, since they almost didn't talk to each other. And they'll have to learn how to live a life together. That's not that easy. I'm not sure if they'll take the manga this way, but it would be interesting.

Also, they need to beat Eiji's manga. If he wanted to make the best manga in the world, he won't go down with just that. At least I hope not. :p
Mar 23, 2012 6:55 PM

Jan 2010
Ok this manga didnt make me hate it. I'm in a good mood now! Like seriously if she wouldnt have won I would have felt like the authors spent this whole manga bull shitting around just to make Mashiro like his uncle. So I hope they progress foward with the real main plot now. (The manga battle) This whole anime thing was nice and it nice to see the original plot finished (we hope).
A man who knows nothing and says something IS the dumbest person alive. A man who knows something and says nothing could possibly be the smartest person in the world -Unknown

Mar 24, 2012 1:48 AM

Sep 2011
Quite honestly, of course you know it's possible that the authors become a jerk and not let her win. But of course, ultimately, she'll have to get the role.

So it's pretty much like I know she's already going to win but despite that I was able to still be worked up about the process (especially in chapter 171) when it was about to be her turn. Very climactic and I was really excited for it. They managed to pull it off without being cliche and at the same time keep my full attention to it. It was quite exciting and I'm really looking forward to the upcoming events/epilogue about to come after this chapter/arc.

I'd have to say though. The plot was pretty much initiated with this goal of having an Anime. Of course we would feel there's a much more deeper conclusion between them and Eiji; but of course there is always the break in between the wars. Marriage / etc please!
skyjlvMar 24, 2012 1:51 AM
Randomly looking for high compatibility with other people. Click and see if you have high compatibility and leave a comment in my profile.
It'll make my day. :)
Mar 24, 2012 4:09 AM

Aug 2009
I bet the bashing on Miho won't stop. Haters gonna hate.

I'm glad she won! This is a big turn point for Bakuman's plot. Since their dream has come true, the long ride will continue. Which is definitely okay for me~
Mar 24, 2012 6:09 AM

Jul 2011
Miho kicking asses!! I want to see the wedding.
Mar 24, 2012 6:34 AM

Jul 2009
It can't end here can it?!?
Mar 24, 2012 6:38 AM
Jul 2011
HikaruIzumi said:
So, I guess this means Azuki and Mashiro are getting married. It's nice that their dreams finally came true but I wonder what will happen to Bakuman now. I don't want it to end but I think it will get very boring after a while if it focuses only on manga and I don't want that either. Too bad it's so hard to find an interesting not over the top slice of life manga/anime. :-( I think it should end with them drawing amanga good for anime that would be more flexible than Reversi and they both would like it. That would be a much better closure than manga they know will end soon. I mean, Mashiro wants to marry, it would be much better for them both if they had a stable and popular series. I don't want Bakuman to end with Reversi! :-(

nope, there is still story about being the greatest mangaka, story about adult maried mangaka and seiyuu wife(about 2 different world), more about adult mangaka problematic, about is he will end like his uncle(writing manga till the end of life but never be number 1), about how they'll strugle in the world that like and bored changed drasticaly, and many2.

well, i think bakuman is manga about the life of mangaka before manga about love, check chapter 1.
Mar 24, 2012 7:35 AM

Sep 2010
OMG! I'm so glad Miho won. I was really afraid that the authors'll pull "she-lost-but-they-will-get-stronger-because-of-that" card. It's great that it didn't happen.
Mar 24, 2012 7:55 AM

Feb 2011
First of all, I gotta take my hats off to Obata for managing to depict such a difficult theme in manga form in such a poweful way. This sort of thing would most likely work better in an anime but as far as manga goes - it did the job perfectly.

About the chapter itself - what can I say, it satisfied me. It was pretty funny to see how bitchy can the other voice actresses get, heh. The conclusion didn't left me overwhelmed, since I was pretty set on the outcome, but it was executed so perfectly that I couldn't not like it.
And you gotta love Mashiro's reaction.

On an another note- I'm pretty sure that this is the first Bakuman chapter ever to have two double spread pages (excluding the first one), and one of the fastest reads at that.

Obvious 5/5 for me.
Mar 24, 2012 3:06 PM

Oct 2011
I am so looking forward to this arc when it gets animated. :D

It was really awesome, too. Though tbh I expected Azuki to be tied with someone, then there's this tie-breaking chapter, but whatever. I'm happy with the outcome.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2012 4:56 PM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Jul 2009
notsureifsrs said:
Too bad they will never fuck

They will.... we'll just never see it happen. *Go searches for doujins*
Mar 24, 2012 5:38 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
I'm so satisfied with the way things went. Ohba and Obata sure know how to make their readers happy! :D
p r o f i l e đź‘€
Mar 24, 2012 11:48 PM

Sep 2009
I'm surprised (and pleased) that this didn't get dragged out too long.

I keep going back and re-reading the last few pages. Really loved the delivery of the reveal.
Mar 25, 2012 7:47 AM

Sep 2009
SHE DID IT!!! i just couldn't stand the tension before the results :D
now they can finally get married.... but wait, when their dream comes true, doesn't it mean the end of Bakuman...?
Mar 25, 2012 9:59 AM

May 2011
Such a good chapter~

It's ones like this that really make Bakuman as great as it is, with all the emotion going from one panel to the next and the wonderful art. Loved it. ^^=

Bakuman won't end immediately. After all, they can't marry until summer, since she has to technically voice in his anime to make their dream come true, and it doesn't air until then. So there's still a little bit of time.

In fact, just enough time to have one last epic manga battle with Niizuma-kun. We haven't seen him in so long.....it's depressing. Besides, a manga battle would really make the ending for Bakuman perfect. I'm not saying to drag it out, but one would be appropriate.

Fukuda was adorable, calling Azuki 'cute.' ^^
Mar 26, 2012 1:12 AM

Sep 2008
yeah...i guess a lot of people would think this is going to be over, they may be right...since its the same autor as death note i can seee that posibility.
but i remembered something, when the anime was out and i watched the first episode i said this to my friends: "oh yeah azuki!, well she is important but, the story is so cool in the manga part and azuki appears so little, that for some time i forgot about that she is the heroine..."
so i dont think its over, for now at least
.....that and the fact that this month i lost both the negima manga and the shana series, so it would be pretty bad to loose anothe masterpiece...
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Mar 26, 2012 11:02 AM
Mar 2012
I was pretty tense waiting for the results. I was surprised with myself.

I'm glad she's gotten the role as heroine to his anime. I would have been pretty upset if she hadn't. Bakuman has quite a few teasing moments where it feels like they're getting closer and then something happens. This would not have been a good time for them. I want to see them get married! I'm alright if the series continues on for a while more after that, because there is still that rivalry, but I need to know that they're married, you know? It's the dream they've been working so hard for.

They deserve it. Theo only thing that worries me is that it becomes like Naruto where it's just so long and repetitive that I just stop caring.
Mar 28, 2012 10:18 AM
Jun 2009
That chapter means manga will over soon?
Apr 1, 2012 8:46 PM

May 2009
Possibly the best chapter ever! now their dreams can come true this was the build up of reading all those 171 chapters! i'm still surprised they mentioned virgin in a Weekly Shonen Magazine but other than that thank god she won or I would have been so pissed off xP
Apr 4, 2012 1:31 AM

Jan 2009
Such an amazing chapter... The feelings characters had, the tension and so on - felt all of it pretty much - the story pretty much absorbed me.

And this is why I love reading Bakuman, it really is awesome.

5/5
Jul 23, 2012 11:54 AM

Oct 2008
Woohoo! An overwhelming victory for Azuki! She really deserves it. She knows the lines like the back of her hand. I kinda expected that mistake thing when it was brought up though. It's just impossible for her to make a mistake. And now they can finally get married. So happy! T^T
Aug 22, 2014 5:52 PM

Apr 2013
FINALLY!

It's awesome how bakuman can get you tense even if you know how everything is gonna end. Awesome chapter of a perfect series!.
Oct 21, 2020 4:07 AM

Jan 2020
I'm so glad that Azuki won the audition. Honestly, I would've been really dissatisfied if she had failed. Now, Mashiro and Azuki can marry each other since both of them have finally achieved their goals, which I'm really happy about.
Nov 24, 2021 3:03 PM

Dec 2007
obata knew well how to make voice actor "act" in manga lol, that was great cross double page.
though i think ohba exaggerated a little with that graph, lol, too much votes, miho could have won with big lead even without so big graph.

in the end i didn't got to understand what ishazwa role in this arc, managing the azuki haters? except making noise and trouble he wasn't really much.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 144 Discussion

Naokohiro - Aug 21, 2011

39 by Adriannitro »»
Apr 2, 7:39 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 22 Discussion

Kirstenx - Jan 23, 2009

39 by tectacles »»
Mar 5, 4:28 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 21 Discussion

Faust721 - Jan 16, 2009

38 by tectacles »»
Mar 5, 4:12 PM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 16 Discussion

Jello - Nov 28, 2008

29 by tectacles »»
Feb 13, 12:22 AM

Poll: » Bakuman Chapter 15 Discussion

Faust721 - Nov 20, 2008

31 by tectacles »»
Feb 13, 12:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.