Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 26, 2012 5:32 PM
Oct 2009
I've always been an avid collector of original drawings / signatures by famous authors. Living in Italy, I have as much as 3 huge conventions every year I can check in order to get some rare sketches by authors from around the globe (I'm not joking: the local manga and american comics' publishers literally race to invite the most famous people they can get their hands on).
I have become accustomed to meeting some high-level authors, such us Taniguchi, Lloyd, Nightow, etc, but I've never seen some of those "legendary" authors around.
I'm always avidly monitoring the other States' conventions (and I still try to stab myself when I remember I skipped Leiji Matsumoto in France by mistake), and I've never seen someone on the level of Kubo, Oda or Toriyama hanging around.

My question is: do these sacred beasts ever leave their home? Or, on the other hand, do they at least go to conventions in Japan? I'm inclined to think the answer is no, since the uber rare original sketches of Toriyama are as rare (and valuable) as one of Van Gogh's paintings, but I must admit I don't even know how to search for such informations.

I've written this thread here because a few years ago they announced that Oda would have been to one of our conventions (I fainted), just to correct themselves a few days later (they meant One Piece's anime director). I'm a huge fan of OP and I'd literally die to have one day a chance of getting its signature on one of my volumes.
Feb 27, 2012 1:06 PM

Mar 2008
yes they go, and the first manga sell by oda where in a convention by him.

also there are other works of oda, apart of one piece, and rummors about some doujins.
Feb 29, 2012 12:52 PM
Feb 2011
kamigawa said:

My question is: do these sacred beasts ever leave their home? Or, on the other hand, do they at least go to conventions in Japan?

Oda is a shy person. He doesn't like attention very much. He doesn't give TV interviews. But once a year he is on the One Piece stage during Jump Festa.
If you want to learn more about Jump Festa, what happens, what it is then listen to this Podcast:
http://onepiecepodcast.com/blog/2011/12/26/episode-199-celebration/

By the way. The chance for him to go to a convention outside of Japan are near 0.
Dec 8, 2022 12:33 PM
Jun 2014
Josl said:
kamigawa said:

My question is: do these sacred beasts ever leave their home? Or, on the other hand, do they at least go to conventions in Japan?

Oda is a shy person. He doesn't like attention very much. He doesn't give TV interviews. But once a year he is on the One Piece stage during Jump Festa.
If you want to learn more about Jump Festa, what happens, what it is then listen to this Podcast:

By the way. The chance for him to go to a convention outside of Japan are near 0.

And yet here he is coming to Saudi Arabia "Jeddah" after one weak
I still can't believe it😭
Dec 8, 2022 2:56 PM
FMAB is the BEST

Aug 2017
Sazmem said:
Josl said:

And yet here he is coming to Saudi Arabia "Jeddah" after one weak
I still can't believe it😭

NO he isn't don't believe that shit
Greed has poisoned men’s souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed.

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 799 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Georesa - Sep 2, 2015

228 by KenjaTimer »»
Today, 6:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 798 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 26, 2015

138 by KenjaTimer »»
Today, 6:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - Apr 23

13 by Ridzaxster »»
Today, 4:20 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

32 by Biisoo »»
Yesterday, 8:44 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Apr 22, 3:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.