Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jan 4, 2014 7:04 PM

Jul 2012
Did anyone notice in the description if you zoom it says "Korbo the wise wolf" yeah that's fake. Well as much as I hope there will be a season three, at least yen press didn't scrap the translation of the light novels like what happened to my favorite book series of all time (full metal panic) and forcing us to use scribd to read it. the twelfth book already has a release date ^_^
Jan 6, 2014 12:34 AM
Jan 2013
The fact that Mushishi season 2 is coming out NINE years after the fist season gives me hope that Spice and Wolf III will be announced some time in the future!

And Kizumonogatari for that matter >.>
._.
Jan 6, 2014 11:29 AM
Jan 2014
Gah, of course I just finished watching both seasons out, and now I am craving more!!!! I have already bought all the volumes that are out in English, just started Volume 6 about two days ago, and I am almost done!

I really, really hope that they come out with future seasons, this anime is truly one of a kind.
Jan 8, 2014 12:35 AM

May 2010
Are the sales really bad?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jan 8, 2014 6:36 AM

May 2008
No news, but I will remain hopeful. :)
I've read the novels, and I'm supporting the series in every way possible.
To the fans who have the money to do so, it's the least we can do.
Support this great series, and hope for the best.

While a good few of us may know the stories ending, and how great the novels are.. I would really love this to be animated and be experienced by a much grander audience. It's a dream, sure.. but it's a dream that I'm willing to support!

.. and I hope you feel that way also, buy the novels, manga, merch.. blurays! :)
Jan 11, 2014 9:14 PM

Aug 2013
Purchased novels 1-8. Gonna be a bumpy ride.
Jan 15, 2014 7:11 AM

Jun 2013
It probably wont do anything... but doesn't hurt to try XD

http://www.change.org/petitions/funimation-we-want-you-to-use-your-influence-to-help-create-season-3-of-spice-and-wolf

GOGOGOOGOGOGO PETITION!!
Jan 16, 2014 5:25 PM

Aug 2013
I signed... because it's good to dream :P
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 6, 2014 5:04 AM
Nov 2010
The problem is that this series is heavily underrated, especially in this community.
Yoshii Kiria took over as leader of Fairytale and rebuilt it and became one of Tsukunes formidable enemies but let's save that story for another time

Hehe, let me introduce him to you again, kid. This is Shuzen Issa (who is MIA during the final battle), who will become your 'trainer' starting today. You still have much to go if you want to become the headmaster.

Like the two souls have started to become one.
Feb 12, 2014 4:57 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
This is a series I dont really know what all the fuss is about but I really want to watch to know, so I guess I will be commenting on this discussion page again in the near future...
But can anyone tell me why is it that good?? I mean a wolf girl and a adult travelling, it doesnt seem that interesting at all.
Feb 12, 2014 7:15 PM

May 2011
Playcool said:
This is a series I dont really know what all the fuss is about but I really want to watch to know, so I guess I will be commenting on this discussion page again in the near future...
But can anyone tell me why is it that good?? I mean a wolf girl and a adult travelling, it doesnt seem that interesting at all.

Yes, you should watch it yourself. It's not that long. Though you may find it slow the first 3 episodes, it really starts to pick up at episode 4. So I encourage you to make it that far before forming a real opinion.
Feb 12, 2014 9:07 PM
Aug 2009
Playcool said:
Can anyone tell me why is it that good?? I mean a wolf girl and a adult travelling, it doesnt seem that interesting at all.

It's easy to boil down just about anything in simple terms that sound unappealing. The trick is to watch it with an open mind, and see if you like it. You might not, but there's a lot of things out there you might miss out on just by assuming the worst of them. Like Shuda said, try to watch the first 6 episodes before you decide. Quite a few people didn't think they would like it until they got that far in.
Feb 24, 2014 8:18 PM

Nov 2012
Playcool said:

well sir, whats interesting and what people remember from this series is the interactions and the development between the two main characters.

lawrence is a traveling merchant who when arriving to a town to do business, later discovers a naked girl in the back of his wagon, holo. holo is a wolf deity for the town. for hundreds of years she has watched over the towns harvest since she made a deal with one of the locals, to provide plentiful wheat year after year. but as the years went by the people forgot their promise to holo and has even found new ways to make a rich harvest without holo. since she has realized her assistance is no longer required she wants to head back north where her kind are and asks for the assistance of lawrence. he agrees and thus begins their travel to the north.

one great aspect of the story is the world feels real. since lawrence is a traveling merchant, its important for him to keep up to date on the current economy in the town hes in. the show handles this well, so well in fact that it really draws you into the world, and can get a bit confusing at times. not bad confusing like trying to figure out your sexuality in college and realizing you were just experimenting, but confusing in the sense that it knows what its talking about.

but thats not why people watch and love spice and wolf. its, again, for interaction between the two characters holo and lawrence. it takes its time with the two and it pays off. i cant get into it without spoiling but trust me, youll love it.
Mar 4, 2014 3:23 AM
Mar 2014
So they will not contineu with spice and wolf?
Mar 7, 2014 3:21 AM
Nov 2010
Most likely not, good series never get another season, it's always the ones that appeal to the masses that get new seasons.
Yoshii Kiria took over as leader of Fairytale and rebuilt it and became one of Tsukunes formidable enemies but let's save that story for another time

Hehe, let me introduce him to you again, kid. This is Shuzen Issa (who is MIA during the final battle), who will become your 'trainer' starting today. You still have much to go if you want to become the headmaster.

Mar 22, 2014 7:52 PM

Sep 2011
Playcool said:

Its an anime about business/trade (merching and all that good stuff) which is in itself very interesting. A dude meets a wolf girl, who is in my opinion, one of the best anime characters out there... There isn't really any "dumb" characters and the interaction between characters and the development as well is very nice to watch.

All that being said, WHERE THE F*** IS THE THIRD SEASON!?
Mar 23, 2014 3:20 PM
Oct 2013
I loved this serie, it was amazing to watch and can't wait for the next season (if it ever comes out)
I'm new to anmie/manga and mostly watched series with lots of action in it, altho this one doesn't have any mayor action in it, it still pulled me right into their world/story.
Mar 30, 2014 3:27 PM

May 2012
While I can honestly say, I loved this anime and it made me start reading the light novel, I personally think that rather than making a 3rd season, they should do a reboot of the series.

I want a 48-52 episode anime which adapts the entire story.

Because even if a 3rd season should somehow make its way into existence, it still wouldn't be able to keep the same pace as S1 and S2 if we actually want to see the ending. It would either skip lots of important arcs to reach the last ones or it would reach only a 3rd into the entire storyline.

I think a well-paced reboot with a few skipped arcs and such, but which actually tells us the entire story and with the same animation-style as the LN's art would be the best way to get an amazing series and sate our hunger for more S&W!

Just look how well FMA:B managed to pull it off.
May 5, 2014 10:55 AM

May 2008
I agree that this would be the best way to do it. :)
A mere 3rd season wouldn't be enough to do cover much more.. and would really.. just leave everyone either wanting more.. or rush to a quick ending and not be as well done.

I'll dream of things playing out this great way.. but really.. I've mostly given up hope (realistically) on another animated season.. and I'm just very glad the LN's end as well as they do.. and that they are still being TLed and brought over! :)
May 6, 2014 6:19 AM

Jan 2014
After watching both of the series, I am also desperate to know if there is any news of season 3?
May 9, 2014 2:58 PM
Apr 2014
Its 2014 and there is still no sight of and third season of spice and wolf :(
May 15, 2014 3:09 PM
May 2014
as much as i love this anime, i dont expect there to be a third season. from a business standpoint, animes usually run along with their manga/light novels. if the manga/light novel is still running, the animes are used as advertisement to get people to buy the manga/light novels. they profit from people's buying the written material, then the dvds. but the light novel finished..not sure if the manga is finished either..but they'd only be able to profit from the anime, and the momentum they used to have with this amazing series is gone. so they might see this as risky profit for a third season, because of the series' low popularity as of now. not saying people won't remember Spice and Wolf for how amazing the series is, but we got people interested in Naruto and Bleach...they pretty much overshadow S&W, which is too underated to be in the shadow of these two juggernaut animes..but ill still hope a third season does come out. im not sure how tho.. :\
Jun 4, 2014 4:25 AM

May 2012
The Light Novel is finished in Japan.
The Manga is still on-going, and in the rest of the world, aka english translation, the Light Novel is still on-going as well. 11 of 17 volumes released so far I believe.
Jun 5, 2014 11:50 AM

Apr 2012
Mithzor said:
not gonna happen :*(
One never knows. Mushishi got its sequel after 8 years.
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jun 11, 2014 2:07 AM
Nov 2010
Pain_is_love said:
Mithzor said:
not gonna happen :*(

And what of it?

Jun 11, 2014 2:12 AM

Apr 2014
How Spice And Wolf is not rated alongside the all-time best anime I will never understand...

Aug 9, 2014 5:12 PM

May 2009
Heh, signed it some time ago. I wish there was some kind of idk... kickstarter for Spice & Wolf 3, I would definitely contribute to that :P
Aug 17, 2014 11:07 PM
Aug 2014
Hello!i hope i make someones day with this comment. I was surfing the web and was lucky enought to find all 17 novels fanlated on 2 torrents! I hopebthis isnt against the site rules but anyways just in case spread the links aroundbthe web for me ok? Thts all i ask. Also, i do not own this stuff in any way shape or form. I would also like to point out once again tht these are fanlations. May be inaccuracies (but i find this group pretty trustworthy) but yeah. Seriously though spread them around. Thanks! HERES THE LINKS:http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=386640http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=459743
Found them here:http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/just-found-somewhere-to-download-all-the-spice-and-wolf-1481759331/all

Also ill put em on mediafire as a backup soon. If ur on a mob device downloadbthe utorrent app to get them.

HAVE FUN AND DONT FORGET TO SHARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 24, 2014 1:56 AM
Sep 2013
captainria said:
Hello!i hope i make someones day with this comment. I was surfing the web and was lucky enought to find all 17 novels fanlated on 2 torrents! I hopebthis isnt against the site rules but anyways just in case spread the links aroundbthe web for me ok? Thts all i ask. Also, i do not own this stuff in any way shape or form. I would also like to point out once again tht these are fanlations. May be inaccuracies (but i find this group pretty trustworthy) but yeah. Seriously though spread them around. Thanks! HERES THE LINKS:http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=386640http://www.nyaa.se/?page=view&tid=459743
Found them here:http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/just-found-somewhere-to-download-all-the-spice-and-wolf-1481759331/all

Also ill put em on mediafire as a backup soon. If ur on a mob device downloadbthe utorrent app to get them.

HAVE FUN AND DONT FORGET TO SHARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Making a new account just to post that...

Good job :/
Aug 27, 2014 4:48 AM

Apr 2014
give us s3!
Dec 8, 2014 7:50 PM
Oct 2014
any news? i now complete the s1-2 and i love it. Need me s3 :(
Jan 6, 2015 4:53 AM
Jan 2015
One day season 3 will come one day...
Apple, apple, apple. *nom*
Jan 30, 2015 3:21 PM
Jan 2015
I'm just sitting here having a total anime hangover from this series and trying to cure it with ALL the other anime out there. Nothing just seems to be on the same level as this one. I'm glad I have at least 50 more years to wait for the 3rd season.
Jan 31, 2015 3:58 PM

Aug 2014
mnqkoldee said:
I'm just sitting here having a total anime hangover from this series and trying to cure it with ALL the other anime out there. Nothing just seems to be on the same level as this one. I'm glad I have at least 50 more years to wait for the 3rd season.

try watching d-frag dude its a comedy so it will probably lighten up the mood, that's what i did a few weeks ago
Jan 31, 2015 4:01 PM
Dec 2014
Can't a petition be made?
Feb 1, 2015 4:53 PM

Apr 2014
it would be amazing if one day out of nowhere season 3 appears and shocks everyone
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 2, 2015 3:14 AM

Aug 2014
orario said:
Can't a petition be made?
yes it can be made but it won't do much
Feb 2, 2015 2:42 PM

May 2010
It does suck that there hasn't been any sign of season three as of yet. This was the anime that made me like anime in the first place. I have, as of yet, to see any anime give me that "special feeling" as this show did. It is so good and unique within anime. I have not seen anything that even comes remotely close for me yet. Dammit, makes me feel so pissed off to see crappy shows getting their sequels... >:
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 8, 2015 6:42 AM

Nov 2014
Yes, this really needs a season 3, the s1 and s2 were great.
Feb 15, 2015 5:05 PM

Jun 2014
I just finished S2... and proceed to torrent something for the first time in my life... the LNs... Forgive me...
Feb 25, 2015 12:08 AM
Jan 2015
Do not worry my fellow merchants we the Wolfs of Harvest will do something about season 3!
Low_LiteMar 1, 2015 11:40 PM
Feb 25, 2015 12:07 PM

Jun 2014
Low_Lite_Star said:
Do not worry my fellow merchants we the Wolfs of Harvest will do someone about season 3!

"Do someone" are you saying that we are going to preform sexual acts on someone in order to obtain a season 3?

I'm just messing with you. I know what you meant XD
Mar 1, 2015 11:38 PM
Jan 2015
whatamafu said:
Low_Lite_Star said:
Do not worry my fellow merchants we the Wolfs of Harvest will do someone about season 3!

"Do someone" are you saying that we are going to preform sexual acts on someone in order to obtain a season 3?

I'm just messing with you. I know what you meant XD
I always mess up my words :P Good thing there's the Holy Edit Button :D But that doesn't sound like such a bad idea o_o
Mar 6, 2015 12:34 PM

Apr 2014
I guess it's not happening... but one can hope ;A;
Mar 27, 2015 10:30 PM

Nov 2014
I'm guessing the same thing, but we must have hope. :/
Mar 29, 2015 7:01 PM
Jun 2013
Fundog said:
Pain_is_love said:

And what of it?

It means that we still have a chance at a S&W S3. If Mushishi, whose manga was also long finished, got a season two after 8 years, then Spice and Wolf has a chance as well.
Apr 15, 2015 11:03 AM
Apr 2015
Yzori said:
I really hope they will finish the anime, though. As the ending of the novel is really satisfying.
Apr 20, 2015 7:38 AM

Nov 2014
Dan8363 said:
Yzori said:
I really hope they will finish the anime, though. As the ending of the novel is really satisfying.
I wish they would animate it as I don't really do much novel reading...
Apr 25, 2015 4:16 AM

Nov 2014
I tried to read the Novel but i'm not an english speaker so i couldn´t understand 30% of it so there was no sense on reading it, the pleasure wasn´t the same.

I wish a third season, but .. it has been some years since the end of the second season and any news about it .. at least if the fans could do something ..

Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

vinesage - Sep 23, 2009

445 by patkarunungan »»
Yesterday, 4:30 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

vinesage - Sep 2, 2009

210 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Yesterday, 3:05 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

vinesage - Aug 26, 2009

134 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 24, 2:57 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

vinesage - Aug 19, 2009

189 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 24, 2:25 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou II Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

dbaranyi - Aug 12, 2009

291 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 24, 3:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.