Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Feb 23, 2012 7:57 PM

May 2011
So Gai becoming antagonist.
And I'm curious what will Shu going to do next.
Feb 23, 2012 8:02 PM

Nov 2011
What a messed up episode.

The B2 attack, the Bomber flies over head, starts dropping it's bombs, Some how, the Bombs reverse course and all target Gai, allowing him to block the attack. As does the B2. All of this looked Cool, but what a major ASS-PULL.

Then we have that Fleet of Carriers traveling and conducting Combat Operations in a WW1, Line of Battle, suited for Battle Cruisers and Battleships. Not Carriers, conducting Air Combat Operations. Or in an Era of Nuclear Weapons and Kill-Sats.

In episode 6, Segai and Keido are talking about the Luecocytes, how the third Luecocyte would be entering orbit in a few hours. Yet, in the course of a Couple of Months, 256 Luecocytes are now in orbit. Put in Orbit without being detected.

Gai is now the Leader of GHQ? And the Loyalty of the GHQ troops, well Anti-Bodies, to him? Clearly, (and Thankfully) Daryl didn't get the note about this. this was first time I was Cheering Daryl on.

Finally, Inori begins to act like a person. About Damn Time. Should have happened 10 episodes ago. I liked how she was quoting the lines from 'My Dearest' when she was saying goodbye to Shu.

Shu, man everyone is better at using their powers then he is. Gai has the Void Genome for a minute and is doing things with it that Shu couldn't during the months that he held it. Inori can suddenly Knock him out with just a touch.

Oh, Finally. We get to see a picture of Shu's Dad. I was wondering if we'll every see him. In a flashback, a home video, or even a photo of him. Haruka, Hopefully we'll get some sort of explaination as to why she did what see did. It made it sound like she knows what's going to happen and was protecting Shu from that fate.

What do you think?
Summoning Dark: "What kind of human creates his own policeman?"

Watcman: "One who fears the dark."

"And so he should," said the enity, with satisfaction.

"Indeed. But I think you misunderstand. I am not here to keep the darkness out. I'm here to keep it in." There was a clink of metal as the shadowy watchman lifted a dark lantern and opened it's little door. Orange light cut through the blackness. "Call me . . . the Guarding Dark. Imagine how strong I must be."

Feb 23, 2012 8:03 PM

Jan 2012
BlackKnight27 said:
LOL absolutely ridiculous. I guess the directors decided to develop Inori's character in half an episode. And apparently putting her finger to Shu's forehead can make him fall unconscious. And she can also consciously transform into a new "beast mode" at will. LMAO. I guess Shu is going to get his deus ex machina powerup next episode. And Mana is still as horny as ever.

It's true, I also thought that her transformation was to quick, after she put Shu to sleep with a tap of the finger and transformed I wondered "how did she figure out that she could do that so quickly?"

Plus, he HAS to get his new arm next episode, there are only like 4 episodes left, they're not going to give him it to close to end. It will take about an entire episode just for the arm.
Silverfang18Feb 23, 2012 8:19 PM
Feb 23, 2012 8:06 PM

Feb 2012
I don't know about you guys but this anime is probably one of the best ones I've seen since I watched gundam 00 series.

Inori's transofrmation is just way too fast. They had like 17 episodes of time to fit Inori's past and background into the story, but they chose to do it in 5 freakin mins of this this episode?....

Anyways, i'm so glad Shu changed back to his original personality tho. He looks like he's about to kick everyone's ass. And what the flying flock... Mana should've never been in the anime.. she just makes the whole plot mindfucking...
Feb 23, 2012 8:07 PM
Apr 2011
why does shu have to go back to being lame????? this show was so much better when he was a bad ass. now we have to deal with his whiny ass for the rest of the season FML! and seriously wtf happened to inori and why is she super saiyan? i dont get this show sometimes they just throw shit in because its cool i guess
Feb 23, 2012 8:07 PM
Nov 2010
So, teenage girl was able to shoot down an old man while other probably more experienced people couldn't...

...okay...

And then we get, Inori using some sleep power and transforming into her beast mode, that would have been useful earlier in the series...
Feb 23, 2012 8:08 PM

Jan 2012
Also, this could just be my misunderstanding of this scene, but when the ships got destroyed and the UN was like "they just destroyed squadron 7!", I was wondering why they sent out a 7th squadron if the last 6 were destroyed. But now that I think of it, there is a possibility that all 7 were out at sea at the same time. Could someone clear this up for me please because it just wouldn't make any sense if they kept sending out squadrons even after seeing so many annihilated?
Silverfang18Feb 23, 2012 8:13 PM
Feb 23, 2012 8:08 PM
Apr 2008
guyklc said:
Arisa's grandfather, who killed a couple of professional soldiers, got killed by his own granddaughter? Uh, OK. Not like I expected GC to make any sense anyways.

Other than that, Inori actually looked really cute and human (for the first time) when she kissed Shu goodbye.

Man. that 17 year old boy pulled a fucking sword out from between some chick's tits.

Ptff. I totally knew this anime would make NO SENSE.
Feb 23, 2012 8:12 PM
Feb 2012
just... poor inori D:
Feb 23, 2012 8:13 PM

Aug 2010
I could fully see Inoris ass. Anyways I have no clue where this show is going.
Feb 23, 2012 8:16 PM

Oct 2011
Failed except the scene where inori sing and shu tearing then the kiss.
Feb 23, 2012 8:19 PM

Nov 2011
Silverfang18 said:
Also, this could just be my misunderstanding of this scene, but when the ships got destroyed and the UN was like "they just destroyed squadron 7!", I was wondering why they sent out a 7th squadron if the last 6 were destroyed. But now that I think of it, there is a possibility that all 7 were out at sea at the same time. Could someone clear this up for me please?

Not much of what happened there made sense. The '7th Squadron' was the name of that Battle Group / Fleet. Not that this was the 7th Squadron of ships sent against Japan, only to be destroyed.

I don't know why they bothered to send ships, when ICBMs would have done the job Quicker and Cheaper. Or Nuclear Armed Tomahawks fired from attack subs just over the horizon. The Military aspects of this show are horrible, it's like the writers haven't even read a history book or watched the History Channel or the Military Channel. Hell, comic books have more realistic depictions of combat then Guilty Crown.

"Indeed. But I think you misunderstand. I am not here to keep the darkness out. I'm here to keep it in." There was a clink of metal as the shadowy watchman lifted a dark lantern and opened it's little door. Orange light cut through the blackness. "Call me . . . the Guarding Dark. Imagine how strong I must be."

Feb 23, 2012 8:20 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Trainwreck some more and maybe it will get good.

I had at least 5 major facepalm moment in this episode. Kudos for the producers to induce so many facepalm moments. It should win the anime with the most facepalm-worthy scenes of the year.

Cringe-worthy.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Feb 23, 2012 8:21 PM

Jul 2010
Haha,you know, this so is so ridiculously broken in terms of plot and character development that it is in fact entertaining me. Life is just an irony---muhahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!! And by the way, what the fuck is Da'at, and why the hell are there people in strange clothes calling Gai Gai-sama or Sir Gai?And just what the hell was ARisa doing? I thought she pulled the coup because she wanted to save the students--it ended up being just part of her infactuation for Gai. Also, how come only GHQ has control over leukocytes/satellite lasers? Wouldn't countries like the U.S. have them as well?Or were the 256 leucocytes hacked from other countries? I thought GHQ was supposed to be a multinational task force, with the antibodies being soldiers from other countries. Couldn't the countries have just ordered THEIR troops stationed there to counteract Keido's orders and just arrest the bunch?
darthfantaFeb 23, 2012 8:27 PM

Feb 23, 2012 8:23 PM

Apr 2011
Omg they kissed! :'D and Inori berserk mode <3 X3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 23, 2012 8:24 PM

Jan 2012
Articman said:
Silverfang18 said:
Also, this could just be my misunderstanding of this scene, but when the ships got destroyed and the UN was like "they just destroyed squadron 7!", I was wondering why they sent out a 7th squadron if the last 6 were destroyed. But now that I think of it, there is a possibility that all 7 were out at sea at the same time. Could someone clear this up for me please?

Not much of what happened there made sense. The '7th Squadron' was the name of that Battle Group / Fleet. Not that this was the 7th Squadron of ships sent against Japan, only to be destroyed.

I don't know why they bothered to send ships, when ICBMs would have done the job Quicker and Cheaper. Or Nuclear Armed Tomahawks fired from attack subs just over the horizon. The Military aspects of this show are horrible, it's like the writers haven't even read a history book or watched the History Channel or the Military Channel. Hell, comic books have more realistic depictions of combat then Guilty Crown.

Ok thanks, I seem to have taken that scene in the literal sense, it makes a bit more sense now that I know it's the name of the squadron. But I will admit that this episode had some stuff that did not make much sense.
Feb 23, 2012 8:24 PM

Feb 2012
Only if the Da'at people and w/e secret group shows up and helps Shu.
Feb 23, 2012 8:25 PM

Dec 2007
Inori fight scene made me lol. Oh wells. The ED art was sexy at least. :D
Feb 23, 2012 8:26 PM

Nov 2011
So Daryl did the heel face turn to protect Tsugumi. Almost as I thought. xP

Beyond that, this whole plot of kidnapping Inori (and how easy Gai did it in the end) felt annoying. >_< And Arisa is clearly being kept alive just because the authors have some really evil plans for her later. They totally flipped that char inside out! I also haven't saw where Yahiro ended up, and I am a bit bothered with this Da'at organization appearing now out of the blue. Just to make an Iluminnati kind of Big Bad huh?

So yeah, a bit of a let down compared to last episode, but I'm still hoping when Shu gets his new arm I can finally raise it's rating one point (you're so close Guilty Crown, don't drop the ball now! xD)
Feb 23, 2012 8:26 PM

Jun 2010
Inori reminded me of some character I forgot in Marvel vs Capcom 3 LOL
Feb 23, 2012 8:29 PM

Apr 2010
Another random power from another character! Inori putting Shu to sleep. Then she goes symphogear.
Feb 23, 2012 8:30 PM

Jul 2010
DennyDesu said:
Only if the Da'at people and w/e secret group shows up and helps Shu.
I think that the Da'at people were in fact Yuu, Keido and Shu's dad. Doubt they would be helping Shu at any time.It's sad that we don't find out Yuu's name in the anime except offstage.

Feb 23, 2012 8:31 PM

Jan 2012
Articman said:
In episode 6, Segai and Keido are talking about the Luecocytes, how the third Luecocyte would be entering orbit in a few hours. Yet, in the course of a Couple of Months, 256 Luecocytes are now in orbit. Put in Orbit without being detected.

Maybe he was trying to induce a sense of fear on the world?
Feb 23, 2012 8:36 PM

Jul 2010
Silverfang18 said:
Articman said:

Maybe he was trying to induce a sense of fear on the world?
Personally, what I found most ridiculous is that how come GHQ, a provisional government which only required a bare military force to maintain civil order would possess weapons of mass destruction and other state of the art equipment whilst the U.S. military, as depicted in this show--does not even have a single satellite laser.

Feb 23, 2012 8:39 PM

Aug 2010
Ep1 - ordinary teenager meets mysterious girl who DROPPED
Ep2 - Engrish in OP DROPPED
Ep3 - back to school DROPPED
Ep4 - surface tension how does it work DROPPED
Ep5 - NTR everywhere DROPPED
Ep6 - fusing Personas without visiting Velvet Room DROPPED
Ep7 - calling your mum by her first name DROPPED
Ep8 - Inori is my DROPPED
Ep9 - actually decent episode DROPPED
Ep10 - Inori smiles DROPPED
Ep11 - what the fuck is this MacrosOH MY FUCKING GOD EVERYONE'S DYING FUCK FUCKING FUCK DAN NOOOO
Ep12 - 7 year olds jumping 10 foot gaps DROPPED
Ep13 - back to school AGAIN DROPPED
Ep14 - Shoe acting alpha DROPPED
Ep15 - rabbit dies FUCKING DROPPED
Ep16 - Hitler and Franks DROPPED
Ep17 - WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON EVERYBODY IS DYING I FUCKING HATE EVERY CHARACTER IN THIS SHOW DROPPED
Ep18 - LOYAL FUCKING KERRIGAN DROPPED
Feb 23, 2012 8:39 PM
Dec 2009
I wish Inori would've put up more of a fight against Gai.

Anyone and everyone who has been following this show knows that Endlaves are the easiest enemies to defeat.

I hate how the fighting seems so absolute. Earlier in the season Shu could completely overwhelm Endlaves without breaking a sweat and never getting hurt. And now Gai has taken that role... I just wish there was more epic intense struggles instead of just one dude completely demolishing everyone else.

Hopefully the series will end with an epic fight between final-shu and gai-the-second... and not just be determined by who gets Inori's void.
Feb 23, 2012 8:41 PM

Jan 2011
Z-flame said:
So, teenage girl was able to shoot down an old man while other probably more experienced people couldn't...

...okay...
kinda a big difference in killing a bunch of nobodies and then your *own grandchild* to be fair yeah he was still trying to kill her but like he said he got soft in the end.
Feb 23, 2012 8:46 PM

Jan 2011
Personas said:

LMAO SAME HERE! Felicia from Darkstalkers. XD

Man, this episode was pretty crazy though there are so many flaws and plot holes. Arisa's grandfather using swords, now that was awesome, shame he's dead now so soon. Also WTF @ Inori being a Felicia-type monster. xD That was totally unprecedented. Was hoping to see Shu's neon light tron style arm this episode, disappointed. Ah well, better see it next episode.
Feb 23, 2012 8:54 PM

Nov 2011
lindsayzzz said:
Personas said:

LMAO SAME HERE! Felicia from Darkstalkers. XD

Man, this episode was pretty crazy though there are so many flaws and plot holes. Arisa's grandfather using swords, now that was awesome, shame he's dead now so soon. Also WTF @ Inori being a Felicia-type monster. xD That was totally unprecedented. Was hoping to see Shu's neon light tron style arm this episode, disappointed. Ah well, better see it next episode.

Arisa's Grandfather kicked butt. Still, he hesitated when it came to killing her, got him killed.

Nice Foreshadowing on his part, warning her that her efforts will be fruitless. Gai isn't going to reward her efforts on his part. I don't think she's going to take Gai's plans to marry Inori very well.

We'll probably see Shu powering up at the end of the next Episode.

Feb 23, 2012 9:01 PM

Jan 2012
I am pretty disappointed in this episode, there are just to many flaws. I usually don't worry to much about this sort of stuff when it comes to anime, but this episode had a bit to much. I feel that they might rush in the next few eps and try to jam-pack everything in the end-_-"
But who knows, maybe it will all fit and make sense.
Feb 23, 2012 9:06 PM
Jan 2012
This series was good to begin with but took a while to get really juicy. Four more episodes just doesn't seem like enough time to wrap everything up :( Will there be another season of Guilty Crown?
Feb 23, 2012 9:10 PM

Jan 2011
Solkiskey said:
Another random power from another character! Inori putting Shu to sleep. Then she goes symphogear.

Same color as Chris and everything!
KeiranShikari said:
Ep1 - ordinary teenager meets mysterious girl who DROPPED
Ep2 - Engrish in OP DROPPED
Ep3 - back to school DROPPED
Ep4 - surface tension how does it work DROPPED
Ep5 - NTR everywhere DROPPED
Ep6 - fusing Personas without visiting Velvet Room DROPPED
Ep7 - calling your mum by her first name DROPPED
Ep8 - Inori is my DROPPED
Ep9 - actually decent episode DROPPED
Ep10 - Inori smiles DROPPED
Ep11 - what the fuck is this MacrosOH MY FUCKING GOD EVERYONE'S DYING FUCK FUCKING FUCK DAN NOOOO
Ep12 - 7 year olds jumping 10 foot gaps DROPPED
Ep13 - back to school AGAIN DROPPED
Ep14 - Shoe acting alpha DROPPED
Ep15 - rabbit dies FUCKING DROPPED
Ep16 - Hitler and Franks DROPPED
Ep17 - WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON EVERYBODY IS DYING I FUCKING HATE EVERY CHARACTER IN THIS SHOW DROPPED
Ep18 - LOYAL FUCKING KERRIGAN DROPPED

I love you and I love Sena.
[center]
Feb 23, 2012 9:12 PM

Jul 2011
Another episode that doesn't even make sense, and is filled with random shit that they eject in, hoping to make it better.... i really hope that the end will tie this all up together, because this story is just jumping on and off.
Feb 23, 2012 9:15 PM

Jan 2011
Why can't we go back to the good ol days?

WTF blushing Daryl??
[center]
Feb 23, 2012 9:16 PM

Feb 2011
Grandfather was my favorite character until he got slut-shot.
Feb 23, 2012 9:21 PM

Feb 2009
>Inori saying to herself that she's being targeted
>suppose to be hiding
>walking in the middle of the road and got surrounded by thugs
=_=
Feb 23, 2012 9:26 PM

Jan 2008
Episode was full of wtf moments and Inori was pretty epic....I like this version of her; want maor of her. As for the 3 students Gai killed, I feel sorry for the girl, but at least the other two guys were killed too whom were the biggest assholes of the student body right ahead of Souta and Yahiro.

And dammit Mana, can't that crazy bitch stay dead? I really hope Arisa dies, after she killed one of the coolest old guys in the series.

Shu better step up his game and somehow get that hand back or this show is going to suck more.
Estoy_GordoFeb 23, 2012 9:31 PM
Feb 23, 2012 9:28 PM

Aug 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
Silverfang18 said:
I will not get into the subject of Arisa because I REALLY don't like her, but one question: Why does she like Gai again?
Because he talked to her like a PLAYER and sweet talked her into all this. Playboy #1, did you not know?
Because he is an "Ikemen"

TsukiumiFanboy said:
why does shu have to go back to being lame????? this show was so much better when he was a bad ass. now we have to deal with his whiny ass for the rest of the season FML! and seriously wtf happened to inori and why is she super saiyan? i dont get this show sometimes they just throw shit in because its cool i guess

I think Shuu was an asshole rather than badass. But he will eventually get badass next episode if not later.
And yes, they are throwing everything they can think of that looks cool. And it's actually cool. Look how many of us flocking here.
Feb 23, 2012 9:29 PM

Feb 2009
After such a cliff hanging episode last week I was just MEH to this episode. I love Guilty Crown though. It's kind of sad to go back and watch previous episodes when everyone was alive and normal compared to now. I love when animes do that though, so fun and happy, then all hell breaks loose.

I just don't really understand the objective anyone has anymore. I don't understand what anyone is fighting for and it's just a little confusing as far as that goes.
o genki desu ka
Feb 23, 2012 9:30 PM
Jan 2012
andreyue said:
Oh well, at least Nanba hasn't died as a virgin.

LOL
Rofl that made my day :D
Feb 23, 2012 9:34 PM

Feb 2008
Guys its his step mom who is controlling Gai
Why would she have said sorry about cutting Shu's arm
And she even said in the last episode that she was sorry
This proves my theory that his step mom is the one controlling Gai it all makes sense
Feb 23, 2012 9:37 PM

Mar 2011
Quick question, wtf was in Shu's hand at the end of the episode?
Feb 23, 2012 9:39 PM

Nov 2011
Errol said:
Quick question, wtf was in Shu's hand at the end of the episode?

Inori's hair clip. She gave it to him before she left.
Feb 23, 2012 9:42 PM

Feb 2012
You know your show has problems when the only character that is even remotely likable and consistently written is fucking Scarface. How the fuck is that possible?
I Write About Anime (and other stuff) At Standing On My Neck
Feb 23, 2012 9:47 PM

Jul 2008
It's easy to say that the show is inconsistent but I've yet to see anyone being able to really back it up, anyone would mind to try to entertain me by failing hard at trying to?
Feb 23, 2012 9:52 PM

Dec 2011
To the people winning about Arisa being able to kill a experienced swordsman, she didn't. If you notice grandpa last lines, he said:

I'M BECOMING SOFT...

which obviously means that, even if just for a few seconds, he HESITATED.

The only real inconsistency on that scene is his personal armed guard vanishing after his death (when they could have easily shot arisa and the other dude).
Feb 23, 2012 9:59 PM

Jan 2011
Alaitheenn said:
andreyue said:
Oh well, at least Nanba hasn't died as a virgin.

LOL
Rofl that made my day :D

R.I.P. Nanba!! And that girl with the awesome scythe void.
[center]
Feb 23, 2012 10:04 PM
Nov 2011
There may be many inconsistencies and plot holes in this anime but I really like watching it. Wonder what Shuu will do now...
Feb 23, 2012 10:05 PM

Nov 2011
:))) loved this ep (again) none of the scenes looked out of place and pacing this time. It didn't feel rushed to me (As in originally longer but had to cut stuff out to fit 20something minutes)

A loled at a thought: it wouldn't surprise me too see Shu's void in the next eps, maybe his arm poping out of his chest or a big golden fucking crown or smth. That would be lame but for some reason I can see it happening. I mean in every fucking end stuff turns around to ++ the main character and Shu needs his comeback for the great final (considering now ppl can hold and use their voids, i don't know why Shu wouldn't be able to use his own arm-vois rofl)

Oh. And for some reason. It feels like these episodes and the information on the secret organizations is some sort of premise for some future season sort of. It just feels like new things will start to happen, like the focus switching
Feb 23, 2012 10:07 PM

Dec 2010
Good episode; I liked the Shu and Inori moments even if Inori is lacking as a character ( all though after thinking about it, i suppose they made it that way on purpose since she is a "doll" a replica of what was, thus has no established emotions till she met Shu). Arisa is still a whore, along with Souta and Gai they just really need to die; Gai might turn out to be redeemable but Arisa... ya just no... i would seriously not be satisfied with the ending if she doesn't die in a horrible way; the bitch just needs to go.

It seems like from the preview that Shu is fighting to get Inori back who is in that wedding like ceremony get up (is that really needed...) At this point i simply want to see how it ends; i gave up defending the unlimited plot holes a long time ago; but if its entertaining for the remainder that it will have served its purpose; gotta say though its depressing when you think about how high people were about this (before it started) to the reality of what people think about it now (for good reason).

People can say what they want about Shu, but he for me is the only likeable or at least understandable character; the guy is a bad MC but he has even worse fortune, i mean look at the crap that surrounds the guy, he was screwed from day 1, but of course since he is the MC he will pull through... but realistically no average any day MC would like their chances with his crappy luck; since not every MC is born a bad ass ( actually 99.9% of them aren't they become bad asses or more often they don't).
Well in any case it seems Gai took the Void power even higher than Shu did, so something that i actually want to see is if his anticipated new arm will have that same grade of power, because it appears Gai doesn't need eye contact or even to "draw it out" he can simply take it from a distance and mix voids together like he did with the missile.
Pages (11) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2011

332 by BrandonKnapp20 »»
Feb 28, 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.