Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 20, 2012 6:45 PM

Aug 2011
melancholy said:
oh dear god, not setsuna

lmao
Jun 5, 2012 8:23 PM

Dec 2010
Damn, dat ending.

This anime is so terrible and great at the same time. I can already see a huge tragedy unfolding.

Jul 17, 2012 6:35 PM

Jun 2012
I think Makota is really trying to be the best he can be for everyone, but when he gets horny he loses all of what little self-restraint he has left.

The fact that he realizes he's just using everyone and dislikes the fact that he is doing it (when he confessed out loud "I'm the worst") means that he knows the difference between right or wrong, but he has no capability of controlling himself.

That being said, while this episode made me have a small bit of sympathy towards him, I still think he is a terrible person.

Also, I don't think Setsuna loves him. I think that the kiss at the end was more of a parting gift for herself. He inspired her to become the class rep, and she was thankful for that. She even said that she was only wanting the kiss to be a memory for herself, since she was leaving for France (and he was passed out), but then Kotohona walked in at the worst possible time and created a very awkward situation.

Had Kotohona not witnessed it, it would have gone completely unnoticed by everyone but Setsuna herself and life would have continued like normal ("normal" in a relative sense).
LarasoJul 17, 2012 6:40 PM
Some parts of this post may be exaggerated.
Jul 25, 2012 1:16 AM

May 2012
This cannot be good.
Aug 29, 2012 1:23 PM

Oct 2009
babykeiji said:
Twiffle said:
Squee said:
I thought Setsuna only kissed him because she wanted to make some memories before she goes to France. I'm guessing the next episode is the bon fire stuff T_T I hope Kotohana doesn't get .............

I hope Kotonoha does "get .........."; it'll set us up for a wonderfully dramatic ending! =D

Legion17 said:
Setsuna too now!? This guy must have the Axe effect!

That made me laugh! xD

lmao, seriously this seems like the only semi-logical explanation!
El Psy Congroo

まだまだだね!!!
Oct 25, 2012 9:19 AM

Dec 2010
I like Setsuna's way of thinking. But whatever. This episode was good for one thing - at least now we know that Makoto is actually nice guy. Too bad he lacks the guts to choose one of the girls already, else he'd be a favorite of mine prolly.
Nov 3, 2012 4:08 PM

May 2012
I knew she had also feelings for him, but damn that ending he sure did get himself in a tight spot!
Nov 27, 2012 9:08 AM

Sep 2011
But of course, every girl wants his dick...

I like Setsuna though.

And see? Makoto could have been a nice guy (judging from the Setsuna scene here and the first episode), but no. He had to be fucked up to being a good-for-nothing jerk. And a pervert, don't forget that.
Jan 4, 2013 11:16 AM
Jul 2012
Stupid episode.
Seriously a new girl like him. That is stupid.
1/5
LegendGoldDarkJan 4, 2013 11:20 AM
Feb 9, 2013 5:14 AM

Apr 2012
Setsuna was pretty much my favourite character up until this, heh. Makoto must emit some amazing pheromones.
May 11, 2013 4:46 PM

Apr 2013
Kiyoura the only character who is in the right mind.
May 28, 2013 6:51 PM

May 2013
Makoto sure forgot to turn off his swag alright...
You're all idiots, but I'm no different.
Jun 4, 2013 7:08 AM

Nov 2010
Are we supposed to laugh at the zombie and maid scene?
Aug 25, 2013 11:12 AM
Sep 2009
The fuck... why the hell is everyone in this show so stupid?
Also, Kotonoha's has an uncanny misfortune to walk in whenever another girl is trying to do something with Makoto.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Oct 7, 2013 8:39 PM

Feb 2013
Setsuna! noooooooo! Why would you kiss him?! knowing what you know!? knowing your BFF is "with" him?!

The "comedy" of the school festival didn't fit in with the atmosphere of this anime (annoying filler).

Itou sees Kotonoha's cleavage and he forgets to dump her...

I guess part of the charm of this anime is how well they can make you hate all the characters.
Dec 31, 2013 12:22 AM

Nov 2013
setsuna has been such a douche these last few episodes (interfering with makoto, sekai, and kotonoha) that i'm hating her almost as much as makoto. glad she's moving to france.
Jan 21, 2014 12:24 PM

Aug 2013
I think Makoto is just confused now. He's obviously not ready to handle all these girls and relationships because he doesn't like disappointing anyone and ends up messing them all around.

And Kotonoha is afraid of losing Makoto because she doesn't want a broken heart. I think she needs to break it off though cause it's getting really messy now.

Especially now we've got Setsuna throwing herself at Makoto.
Apr 2, 2014 3:06 AM

Oct 2013
The scene with the zombies and maids was stupid,i wonder how this will turn out.

May 5, 2014 10:03 AM

Jan 2014
Asrialys said:
Legion17 said:

Just slap Makoto's face on a can of Axe and sell it in Japan. Just make sure to include the label, "Does not make you as stupid as Makoto." Heh...

of course,of course setsuna too...my last hope for a sane person disappeared now...i just want to see axe effect as soon as possible now

Zolar said:
Are we supposed to laugh at the zombie and maid scene?

i felt so embarrassed for the guys who made that scene..it was just sad and out of place
May 25, 2014 4:42 PM

Aug 2013
The fuck, the loli now?!? Seriously, these girls... If libido could be transformed in food, they could feed Africa with it.

In ''Today at Kotonoha getting mentally bashed''...

''I'm a jerk''
Oh, you just realized it after 8 episodes?

That seriously fucked up, to have not only installed a place were people can fuck in school, but also to film unwittingly. It sound like a shitty hentai script :P

So Kotonoha is fallin more and more. Yandere, soon ~~
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 23, 2014 5:13 AM
Jul 2018
I hate the loli Setsuna!

Geez behaving like a b!tch to Katsura and acting as if she's Sekai's mom, wow calm down little loli girl, and then she kisses Makoto little b!tch
Oct 4, 2014 3:07 PM

Oct 2013
Legion17 said:

rofl

Setsuna confirmed creepy this episode, kissing a guy while he sleeps smh.

I guess this episode was meant to show Makoto isn't complete trash, has some level of consideration for others, and is probably just a "typical" teenage boy. Too bad it failed at showing that, 'cause Makoto is still a fagbag.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 10, 2014 7:26 AM

Dec 2013
why ! why !! everygirl in japan must fall in love with makoto !!! ?
Oct 20, 2014 12:04 AM
Jun 2013
Yeah I saw that coming a mile away. It's all so predictable but chaotic.

Sidenote: I might give this a 10/10 if Makoto dies a terrible death lol...That would be a satisfying ending.
Nov 22, 2014 1:40 PM

Oct 2014
The festival was pretty funny and Makoto was actually ok this episode. The flashback shows he generally is a good guy, just sex-driven and therefore back and forthing between Sekai and Kotonoha because of sex and always having some feelings for both. At least this episode somewhat established him as a realistic character but I don't particularly like him still. And make that girl 4 that likes him.
Dec 3, 2014 2:35 AM

Jan 2013
Wait, that one too?
That makes 4 of them now.
I thought that things would go more crazy now...
Dec 30, 2014 5:59 AM

Apr 2013
And I thought Setsuna realized what a horrible person Makoto is, but yeah, go ahead and have a random crush on him.
And now that Kotonoha baited him with some action, he cares for her again... His situation isn't complicated, he just has to make up his mind which girl he likes more (which one is actually obvious...) and break up with the other one...
Jan 16, 2015 12:23 PM

Dec 2012
Setsuna is the worst bitch ever, I really hate her.
May 27, 2015 2:25 PM

Jan 2014
"I am the worst."
Thank you, Makoto.
And yet another kisu~
Jul 27, 2015 11:33 PM

Aug 2007
BurntJelly said:
Setsuna! noooooooo! Why would you kiss him?! knowing what you know!? knowing your BFF is "with" him?!

The "comedy" of the school festival didn't fit in with the atmosphere of this anime (annoying filler).

Itou sees Kotonoha's cleavage and he forgets to dump her...

I guess part of the charm of this anime is how well they can make you hate all the characters.

^ All of this.

Aug 6, 2015 5:32 AM

May 2015
I'll save you 3 mofos

Aug 8, 2015 7:03 AM

Feb 2015
The fact that everyone likes Makoto makes me hate him even more. I don't like Setsuna either.
Oct 9, 2015 8:47 AM
Jun 2014
What? There wasn't enough drama? They had to create a convenient backstory at the spur of the moment and involve Setsuna as well? Holy shit this anime is terrible. I can't rightly figure out why i continue watching this crap.
Oct 21, 2015 2:08 PM

Jul 2013
Crazy festival.

Sekai and Makoto couldn't keep their hands off each other.

Setsuna liked Makoto but it going to France and kissed him while he was asleep! Oh no, Kotonoha saw! D:
Dec 2, 2015 10:00 AM
Nov 2014
It's not even a matter of complicated storyline...more like shallow writing at its finest. Just for the sake of more terrible melodrama.
Mar 5, 2016 4:27 PM
Feb 2015
Biggest jerk ever omg I fucking hate this show, I just want to end it asap and move on with my life

Also, what was happening in "The lounge" from I-dont-remember-which-class's club ?
Apr 2, 2016 4:12 PM

Sep 2015
It's a train wreck.
Apr 8, 2016 11:01 PM

May 2014
I don't understand. How the heck do girls like Makoto so much -_-
May 15, 2016 5:16 AM

Jan 2016
That little bitch too?
Jul 15, 2016 4:19 PM
May 2016
So is no one going to mention how the lounge in this episode is pretty much a sex room...
Sep 7, 2016 5:30 PM
Jul 2016
*rolls eyes* christ this show
Apr 10, 2017 11:39 PM

Feb 2017
Meh... The comic relief is unnecessary, and the addition of Setsuna to the harem is a bit annoying.
On the plus side, this episode showed some important inner conflict for Sekai.
(Aaaand Makoto continues to avoid solving anything. Great.)

"ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴡᴇʀᴇ sᴇᴇɴ ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ɪɴsᴀɴᴇ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ɴᴏᴛ ʜᴇᴀʀ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴜsɪᴄ."

Aug 21, 2017 10:42 AM

Jul 2016
Sudden Setsuna kiss. She doesn't really care about Sekai.
Aug 25, 2017 9:24 AM
Jul 2018
IpreferEcchi said:
Sudden Setsuna kiss. She doesn't really care about Sekai.
ikr
even tho sekai said that they still haven broken up she still pushes makoto to sekai

damn feeling sorry for kotonoha cuz she was the one renting the love room :(
Jan 3, 2018 1:56 AM

Sep 2013
Good Lord...another girl likes Makoto? I mean, I know it's a harem and everything, but come on...what do they see in this two-timing spineless prick?

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Mar 18, 2018 12:59 PM
Aug 2017
This was actually quite an enjoyable episode (compared to the previous ones).
May 14, 2018 12:20 PM

Mar 2018
Kotonoha is so sweet at the beginning when confronting Sekai. And she is really brave later in the train when she promises Makoto her body. She is obviously nervous about it, but she is in love with him and wants to do everything to please him. I adore a girl who can be this sweet and vulnerable. It is truly a tragedy that she cast her affection on such an unworthy partner.

Is anyone else hating that gulping noise that Makoto makes? In his conversation with Setsuna about halfway, every time she asks him a question, he stalls with that awkward "urrrr" noise of his before he is able to reply. To me, that repeated grunt hammers home the message of how stupid and weak Makoto is.

In fact, here follows a small character study of Itou Makoto.

Many have said that Makoto thinks with his dick and only cares about sex. I don't think that's accurate. I don't think he is ruled by sexual desire alone. I think he is ruled by his urges in general. Makoto's great sin is not Lust but Sloth. He never puts in effort. He always does what is easiest, what seems most appealing.

He's in a situation where he often has the opportunity to satisfy his sexual lust, and he takes it. Hence it looks as though he is ruled by sexual thoughts. But those are not his only urges. In episodes 7-8 there are several instances where he feels bad for Kotonoha and wants to comfort her.[0] He is not a sociopath; he does feel compassion and guilt. Sometimes that guilt motivates him to go to Kotonoha and comfort her. But that is all it is, a momentary stab of motivation. As soon as anything else overpowers that urge - be it Setsuna's domineering presence or the prospect of an awkward conversation - he backs out and does what is easiest.

(A more cynical interpretation of these aforementioned moments of guilt might be that Makoto does not genuinely care for Kotonoha but merely wants to preserve his relationship with her in the hope of getting to have sex with her. But does anyone really believe that Makoto is capable of such long-term planning? Has he ever displayed the ability to think ahead? No, I firmly believe that he is ruled by his urges and lives in the moment like an animal.)

Makoto has no willpower - he has NO WILL OF HIS OWN. He is completely unable or unwilling to take responsibility for ANYTHING.

Examples of this include:

- In episode 6 when Kotonoha trips and falls on the street, Makoto at first just stands and stares. He really doesn't want to help. He half-assedly asks her if she is OK - the cheapest, least-effort way to give off an impression that he cares. Only after several seconds, with Kotonoha still on the ground, does awkwardness overpower his desire for inaction. It becomes less uncomfortable to help her than to stand idly by, and so he finally comes to her.
- In episode 7 when Setsuna takes his phone and blocks Kotonoha, he objects because it makes him feel guilty - but not guilty enough to do anything. The inconvenience of standing up to Setsuna easily overpowers his guilt, and he submits.
- In episode 8 when Taisuke asks Makoto whom he is dating, he croaks out some half-assed handwaving - just enough to fend off Taisuke, but without Makoto having to actually promise anything.
- In episode 8 (around 13:00) where he reflects upon his deeds, he mumbles to himself: "Ore-tte saitei:" "I suck." He feels bad and kind of hates himself, but never enough to DO anything about it.

That is also why Makoto apologizes a lot. He has no real beliefs or values of his own. When someone else disapproves of him, he feels uncomfortable and apologizes - not out of any deeper, conscious remorse but merely in a reflex attempt to relieve the immediate social pressure.

That is Makoto's overwhelming flaw. He has no values. He never tries to be better than he is. He never makes an effort to do ANYTHING.

It is worth mentioning that he was not always like this. At the end of episode 8 we see a flashback where he tried to help Kiyoura Setsuna. It's not much - we don't know to what extent he would have followed up on his promise - but it is something. He was once a better man. He has sunk into depravity. That is his tragedy. So far.
Feb 13, 2019 8:51 AM

Jul 2014
lol they all slipped on a banana peel and fell lmfao xddd
Feb 14, 2019 10:03 AM

Feb 2018
IT IS LITERALLY PAINFUL TO WATCH. GODDAMNIT!
I only keep on watching to see MC (hopefully) die at the end.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Is School Days a misunderstood masterpiece?

SkyEatsOcean - Jan 30, 2015

49 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 25, 5:32 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ranivus - Sep 20, 2007

1286 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 25, 5:23 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

OriginalName - Sep 12, 2007

207 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 25, 4:11 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

cyruz - Sep 5, 2007

204 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 25, 3:35 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

DeleteMe3409 - Aug 29, 2007

177 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 25, 2:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.