Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: First Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Aug 16, 2020 2:56 PM
Mar 2018
so its implied that araragi and senjougahara did the big sin. and wtf was with his sisters naked in bed together? are they gay lmao
Aug 31, 2020 6:09 PM

Apr 2019
Not too bad of a conclusion to Karen's arc.
The fight/talk between Koyomi and Karen was really nicely done. Both the talking which was sweet and the fight which was nicely animated.

I honestly thought the negotiation with Kaiki would be a bit more intense, but I'm glad that it went down without a sitch. I mean he'll probably show up again later in the series, but I guess he's gone for now.

Looking forward to Tsukihi's arc.
Also yuri sisters lol.
Sep 11, 2020 4:28 AM

Jun 2020
Well that was amazing••

The animation on the Araragi siblings was very well made they just destroyed that place luckily there was no people or car.

So Senjougahara fell inlove with a fake con man well that's ok I guess. So now I'm wondering what did she meant by "please be gentle to me tonight" hmmmm, interesting°°

And on the ending making a yuri anime now hmmmm......

Anyway good episode they did a good job animating it liked it^^
Dec 12, 2020 8:20 PM

Jul 2020
Araragi had to smash Senjougahara that night lol pretty nice arc.
Feb 8, 2021 5:08 AM

Oct 2016
Really great episode and end to Karen Bee, Kaiki is a legit interesting character I hope he comes back later on, well I am sure he will. Such a pro conman that a fake would seem more real than real.

Koyomi and Karen just casully wrecking the highway lmao, I did not expect them to have that kind of fight. But they're hug was so sweet though at the end, I felt that hug.

Did our boy finally smash? Good on you Araragi.
Mar 5, 2021 4:30 AM

Aug 2013
Kvakond said:

I'm absolutely baffled how are you able to write down these endless paragraphs of analysis of why and how did Senjougahara have sex, without the realization of your utter stupidity and just how pathetic you are stopping you from sharing these facts with the rest of the world (or at least with this thread of similar but lesser idiots).
Really? You seriously thought such an indepth analysis was necessary and gravely needed? Are you 12? Who gives two shit, this episode was about so much more. Maybe you should be watching Highschool DxD instead.
Please go back to your den and keep fapping to your cartoon wives in quiet.

Biggest burn Ive read in MAL forums XD
Mar 8, 2021 12:14 PM

Jul 2019
I need to stop watching monogatari while I'm half asleep.
Jul 22, 2021 11:36 PM

Feb 2019
So what was Senjougahara's request at the end? Was it "that"? As in she finally came to terms with her fear of that because of what she experienced in the past?
Aug 1, 2021 4:01 AM

Jun 2020
rsc-pl said:
It is just me? That Kaiki guy reminds me the guy form Don't Strave game, even music in his scenes was similar :D

Same bro, when I first saw him I was like wtf is Maxwell doing here.
HUNTER X HUNTER HAS RETURNED!!!!!!!
Aug 27, 2021 2:29 AM
May 2020
wow, kaiki was a wonderful antagonist and i loved the themes radiating from this little arc lol
Apr 27, 2022 3:17 AM

Jan 2015
Really fun, nice scene with Karen, then, second half is really engaging, Kaiki's mind games are really interesting, hahaha. They clearly had to calm down with the animation after the first half, but they kept it fun with the visuals either way, even putting some "hero of justice" kind of show in the background of the less out there shots. Music was really fun to where it alone put enough of a smile on my face to where the directing didn't have to be on the same level of the last episode for it to be fun to watch. Araragi's opinions, Senjougahara surpassing her past, all really good stuff and the talk they had after Kaiki left was so nice I almost teared up, hahaha.
Ending art was also really fun, fun arc in general, even if it feels like it meandered on compared to all the others. Still, though, if the next keeps it up, I'll bring this season from a 7 to an 8, better than I remembered!
Favourite preview discussion of this arc was probably the previous episode's. Love that the previews keep funny scripts but don't spoil the next episode like in Bakemonogatari's previews, I appreciate this shift a lot, good stuff. Bakemonogatari's episode previews are still probably funnier but Nise's have more variety. Can't think of other anime where I'd talk about the previews like this, haha. Overall, solid arc!
Jul 13, 2022 9:55 PM
Oct 2020
I was pleasantly surprised at how this arc wrapped up. Have to admit I was wondering where it was going- certainly nothing predictable about this series! That was an epic battle between Koyomi and Karen, literally bringing down the house. Or at least the overpass where they were fighting. Since neither could win or lose, the senseless beating eventually gave way to a moral discussion. It was like watching two boxers go several rounds but then finally ending in a debate lol. Strange, but I liked it.

Similarly I expected the confrontation with Kaiki was going to be another massive battle, but ended up being a war of words and memories. Without going into a lot of detail I'll just say that it was all consistent with Hitagi's personality and the couple's relationship. And with the Monogatari theme and story in general, which continues to grow on me as much as I am perplexed by it.
Jul 14, 2022 11:15 PM

Nov 2017
Just finished rewatching this arc during a binge watch. Only Nisioisin can make a placebo worthwhile!
Sep 18, 2022 10:40 AM

Nov 2021
that was boring arc some just last 2 episodes were good.
Sep 28, 2022 6:43 PM

May 2021
Did a little girl just completely destroy a highway(or freeway) like that? She's kinda broken, for a human. Anyways, as I suspected, the arc's main focus was on the sisters and I liked it quite much. Also, I wonder if Hitagi and Sexararagi really did it. She was afraid but it's possible she has gotten over it.

Jul 4, 2023 2:49 AM
Jan 2018
Wonder why they adapted this vol in 7 episodes ?

Anyways they do like to go all out don’t they and go over the top and is exaggerated especially with the sibling fight.

A lot of stuff is in the series is either exaggerated or is teasing or jokes.

Can’t believe people actually thought Karen destroyed bridges and made quakes.
Mattinator95Jul 4, 2023 2:56 AM
Jul 18, 2023 3:50 AM
Jul 2018
I'm glad that's all ended. However, I don't think that Kaiki is only a con man, I believe there's more to him. Is there?
Jul 20, 2023 5:29 AM

Oct 2021
yo that's why senjoughara didn't want araragi to meet kaiki (pretty bold of her to go extreme and make him hostage for two days) . Araragi expression were worth noticing during entire talk session and this arc resolved without any fight, well it is first time so quite shocking for me atleast. though i am pretty sure kaiki will return in future.. decent arc overall but kaiki is interesting character.
Dec 9, 2023 2:47 PM

Nov 2023
Well this was a fun one :3
Jan 21, 8:01 PM

Mar 2022
I want to be biased but that was a boring arc expect the last two episodes
Jan 21, 8:01 PM

Mar 2022
I want to be biased but that was a boring arc expect the last two episodes
Jan 24, 6:34 AM
Mar 2023
muy buena pelea a muerte con dialogos,pero al final la senjougahara y el araragi qliaron o no????
Feb 12, 4:59 AM

Dec 2022
This was a nice end to a decent arc for Karen Araragi.

Tsukihi's arc is up next!

Mar 2, 2:24 PM

Jul 2016
Probably the worst character arc so far. Unnecessarily long, pacing was terrible, Kaiki as antagonist could have been used way better and though Kanbaru and Shinobu's episodes were highly entertaining to me, they ended up being barely relevant to Karen's character and her problems so...
In retrospective, this was more of a "Senjougahara Arc - Part 2" in disguise. Karen was just a plot device for Araragi to take action, ignoring Senjougahara's initial desires of him never crossing paths with Kaiki aka the man she apparently fell in love with when her life was upside down.
SouthRzVaMar 2, 2:28 PM
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

stevewiess01 - Feb 25, 2012

755 by decco6226 »»
Apr 22, 3:13 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Akiyama - Jan 21, 2012

261 by decco6226 »»
Apr 21, 5:32 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ariamachi - Jan 14, 2012

348 by Ken_9 »»
Mar 15, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Mar 17, 2012

414 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 10, 1:04 PM

Poll: » Nisemonogatari Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

stevewiess01 - Mar 3, 2012

247 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 5, 7:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.