Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 15, 2016 1:54 PM

Dec 2015
aqualiv said:
Mum said:

Magic exists...!

I interpreted as the author inviting the readers to not be afraid to go after our dreams.

What did you make of the creepy bird then?

I really like that the author added that mailbox scene and the parrot. They make the manga so much more interesting.
Sep 24, 2016 10:34 AM

Dec 2015
That was good experience, I'm glad I finished it, the ending was really great.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Nov 20, 2016 11:59 AM
Jul 2018
Liked it, actually the lovely art and the ambigous nature of the manga complemented well. That was more like story of self discovery, but in a unique way with the concept of magic being implemented. Good ending as well keeping up with the theme of the manga.

9/10
Jan 13, 2017 4:42 PM

Oct 2014
She looked very cute in that magician outfit (^_^) . Overall I thought this was a very interesting read. Also i liked how different the art was compared to Japanese manga.
May 31, 2017 5:13 PM
Jul 2018
This was a really good read, I do not regret picking it up.

I liked the ending, although it was quite bittersweet.
Jun 22, 2017 12:46 PM

Apr 2015
Absolutely amazing!!!!
Jul 4, 2017 8:25 AM
Feb 2017
If you read this chapter with an emotional soundtrack your experience will be a thousand times more emotional and dramatic!!!
Jul 6, 2017 6:48 AM

Oct 2014
This was def a masterpiece to be honest. The artwork,story,meaning,colors everything. I loved how it ended- it just changes ur point of view in life. and that's precious. I'm impressed !
Jul 16, 2017 7:18 AM
Aug 2010
This ending was very disappointing. It seems that you can only be a magician in between the time left between university and studying. The main character's dream wasn't strong enough to overcome society. Also, if you choose to fight for your dream and live off as a magician and accept being poor (even though magicians may build a fortune) you are suffering from psychosis. So, once again, live real life the way others want you to. :/
Aug 6, 2017 7:36 AM
Jun 2016
This is such a beautiful piece of art, makes me see life and being an adult in a more different view. The story was so bittersweet yet inspiring. The characters engaging. The art so abstract yet unique. The concept was executed properly. It was a magical experience and an unforgettable one at that. Is magic worth believing? I do now.
Aug 9, 2017 5:59 AM

Jun 2015
KatakuriMojo said:
I genuinely thought at the start to very near the end that L could actually do magic, but I guess they revealed that he was just an ordinary human. I didn't particularly like how they never revealed where the magician went, but otherwise this series has been completely amazing. It really makes you think about life, and is a heart warming story. I wish there was more.

He's a real magician.

He said it himself. Don't ruin my dreams
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Oct 23, 2018 4:54 PM

Dec 2011
In the end, it was a realistic yet encouraging story. Ai is working hard to be a proper adult while still retaining that childish charm.

I wonder where the magician went to though. I... don't actually think it was healthy to let him go alone like that.
Oct 26, 2018 5:06 PM

Feb 2015
StreetFighter said:
I kinda liked how all the romance was hinted at but not completely explored. Leaves much more to the imagination.

there's 0 romance, like less than 0 between ryu and yun.
----
i read the last two eps while listening to this song:

and if you read halfway through the last ep listening to the last 3ed of the song, it fits so well.

i believe ryu disappeared to where he could be safe and be who he wanted to be. i also believe the ending doesn't change how you will be forced to be an adult no matter what, but the little choice you have in the matter, you can change. you don't have to be the best, the richest, the most successful. that's my take on it at least. i'll have to reread it sometime because i didn't understand a lot of symbolism in the story.

and i've come to the conclusion that magic is real, but only to those who really believe (thus the question "Do you believe in magic"). i believe it's a mixture of a magician's magic and real magic. this could easily be an OVA/movie and i wouldn't be surprised to see it win some awards. these past two generations can relate to this story more than any previous ones. it should resonate with so many adults and teens.
Jan 30, 2019 1:50 PM
Aug 2017
I think my biggest regret is the fact that this manhwa didn't last longer. What a beautiful plot
Annarasumanara have to be read, and it deserves a real success even though it's almost impossible
For the ending, well I had planned what Yoon would become and it's not so disappointing
ANYWAY 10/10 btw gg Il-Kwon
Mar 2, 2019 7:49 PM
Jul 2018
This was an interesting manhwa. Naive but that was the point I think. The ending was a tad anti-climactic but it also left the right amount to the imagination to make it impactful.

The ideas brought up and explored were interesting. So was the magic a symbolic metaphor or was it real? Does that even matter? Thought provokiing but also frustrating. Some side characters I didn't see the need for.

I'll give this a 7/10.
removed-userMar 2, 2019 8:04 PM
May 25, 2019 12:28 PM
Jul 2018
vaporlilas said:
This ending was very disappointing. It seems that you can only be a magician in between the time left between university and studying. The main character's dream wasn't strong enough to overcome society. Also, if you choose to fight for your dream and live off as a magician and accept being poor (even though magicians may build a fortune) you are suffering from psychosis. So, once again, live real life the way others want you to. :/

What I took from the story is that there's need for balance: if you live only for others, you destroy yourself (the magician, heroine, weird-head guy), but if you live only for yourself, you destroy those dearest to you (heroine's parents). In the end, Ah-ee manages to compromise - and that's what adulthood seems to be about, combining the inner child with responsibilities.

Btw, anyone got a theory as to why Il Deung's head looked the way it did? At first I thought it represented the guy's lack of awareness of his true self, since it turned to "normal" once he understood life isn't all about academics; however, in the final chapter, the head became weird again for a moment, specifically when Il Deung seemed to be emotionally overwhelmed. Could it perhaps be the fact that at such moments, he still views himself inaccurately (in terms of self-confidence, etc.)?
May 25, 2019 1:32 PM
Jul 2018
pometlo said:

What I took from the story is that there's need for balance: if you live only for others, you destroy yourself (the magician, heroine, weird-head guy), but if you live only for yourself, you destroy those dearest to you (heroine's parents). In the end, Ah-ee manages to compromise - and that's what adulthood seems to be about, combining the inner child with responsibilities.

Exactly. I think that's the main idea behind both Ah-ee's and Il-Deung's paths. In somewhere, Lee Eul said this to Ah-ee:
"I'm not saying that you should only do what you want to do. I'm just saying that you should do what you want to do as much as you do the things that you don't want to do..."

pometlo said:

Btw, anyone got a theory as to why Il Deung's head looked the way it did? At first I thought it represented the guy's lack of awareness of his true self, since it turned to "normal" once he understood life isn't all about academics; however, in the final chapter, the head became weird again for a moment, specifically when Il Deung seemed to be emotionally overwhelmed. Could it perhaps be the fact that at such moments, he still views himself inaccurately (in terms of self-confidence, etc.)?

I'm not sure why his head became weird again. But I guess, the whole "head thing" is about pride, arrogance, and prestige. Maybe it represented a lack of awareness, as you said. However, in that case, some other characters would have a long head. (Maybe not haha.)

I've read this on a webpage:

The common explanation is: the head symbolizes Il-Deung’s pride and arrogance, his “big head,” so to speak. Indeed, in Korean one of the phrases for arrogance is 목에 힘을 주다 , “to put power into one’s neck.” While it’s certainly true that Il-Deung’s family is distinguished and proud of it, I don’t think that’s the only reason for their appearance.

In most Asian cultures, there is a concept of “face” and saving face. Essentially, “face” is your honor/dignity, represented by your external image, and maintaining a positive outer image and covering up your embarrassments can be considered more important than anything, sometimes even death. I believe Il-Deung’s elongated head represents the “face” his family was endowed with, along with the pride, the conceit, the “prestigious” image, but also the stress and pressure that maintaining such an image comes with.

Source

So, I think, in the last episode, his head became "weird" again for a moment; because in that moment he felt stressed and he became arrogant again. (Yeah, we can't actually say he became arrogant in that moment, but that's the point of all this symbolism, I guess)
May 26, 2019 11:29 AM
Jul 2018
tane-kun said:

I'm not sure why his head became weird again. But I guess, the whole "head thing" is about pride, arrogance, and prestige. Maybe it represented a lack of awareness, as you said. However, in that case, some other characters would have a long head. (Maybe not haha.)

I've read this on a webpage:

The common explanation is: the head symbolizes Il-Deung’s pride and arrogance, his “big head,” so to speak. Indeed, in Korean one of the phrases for arrogance is 목에 힘을 주다 , “to put power into one’s neck.” While it’s certainly true that Il-Deung’s family is distinguished and proud of it, I don’t think that’s the only reason for their appearance.

In most Asian cultures, there is a concept of “face” and saving face. Essentially, “face” is your honor/dignity, represented by your external image, and maintaining a positive outer image and covering up your embarrassments can be considered more important than anything, sometimes even death. I believe Il-Deung’s elongated head represents the “face” his family was endowed with, along with the pride, the conceit, the “prestigious” image, but also the stress and pressure that maintaining such an image comes with.

Source

Oooh, all right, that makes sense; thank you! This makes the heads' ugliness so much better. :) According to this "pride" interpretation, they're supposed to symbolize the ideal (!) image Il-Deung's family's maintaining - and yet, when Il-Deung discovers his true and much less perfect self (and abandons the image), he instantly becomes way handsomer. I love this.

tane-kun said:

So, I think, in the last episode, his head became "weird" again for a moment; because in that moment he felt stressed and he became arrogant again. (Yeah, we can't actually say he became arrogant in that moment, but that's the point of all this symbolism, I guess)

Hehe, arrogant sums it up well enough; basically instilled pride kicking in. :-) Sure gonna reread this manhwa one day, must've missed on so many less obvious treats.
May 30, 2019 6:21 AM
Jul 2018
pometlo said:

Oooh, all right, that makes sense; thank you! This makes the heads' ugliness so much better. :) According to this "pride" interpretation, they're supposed to symbolize the ideal (!) image Il-Deung's family's maintaining - and yet, when Il-Deung discovers his true and much less perfect self (and abandons the image), he instantly becomes way handsomer. I love this.

You're welcome! One of the best parts of manga is that that his head becomes normal. Of course, I've already known his head was only a symbolism since the first chapters. (Everybody called him handsome, right? :D) But, he was much more handsome than I thought. It is very difficult to change one character's opinions this deeply, and it is even harder to explain that. That's why this manhwa is inspirational. But this is also a weak point of the manhwa.
Jul 21, 2019 7:00 AM

May 2018
My very first Manwha and I don't regret it at all. All of the characters are likeable and not annoying. I thought this was a Fantasy or Romance Manwha but it was wrong at all, this is mainly a Drama and Slice of Life Manwha which is really calm to read. I like how they introduced what is a real magician, and the last volume made me cry. The ending is good and not that sad, but it was lonely. The story is simple but awesome. Overall a great Manwha and enjoyable.

Apr 2, 2020 5:08 PM

Jun 2012
First time reading a web toon and wow that really felt like actual moving pictures. Almost magical. Really good read. Slightly depressing but also a lil up lifting. My favourite parts were when the magician made the manager disappear, the magician in the flower field and when egg head turned human.
May 29, 2020 5:02 AM

Jul 2019
This was first manhwa i read and it was great.
Jul 30, 2020 6:12 AM

Aug 2019
It was a great read, I'm glad I picked it up! The visual style presented here was really beautiful and interesting. The story was encouraging and engaging and the characters were very likeable.

I want to know what it is,
this 'sin' they say I've committed.
Aug 3, 2020 2:36 PM
Jun 2015
''I'm saying you should do just as many things you want to do as things you don't want to do, that's what life's about.''

This quote, and the monologue of Il-Deung about being an adult, those are just truly awesome. And after reading the whole thing, so many things are going through my head now. I remember why I embraced this world world of anime and manga so closely. This is a way of me trying to escape the reality of being an adult (though yes there are many series which are definitely not for kids). But what I mean is, these works make me forget about the harsh reality I have to face everyday. Being an adult, constantly thinking about what to do next, constantly trying to fit in with the society's perfect box, trying to meet everyone's expectations, I can very much relate to this story. Even the things about money.

So many emotions are working inside me now that I can't even put them to words. Maybe more so because I have am in the similar dilemma for the past few days, which again increased my presence in this imaginary world of anime and manga so much. I am constantly trying to escape my relaity by trying to fit myself in this place.

No wonder why people around me always say that, this world is the reason I am not matured enough like the others of my age :) I don't fit in the society either!! I can never be a perfect adult either!
Jan 18, 2021 1:28 PM

Feb 2020
wow didn't really expect them to get together but there u have it
Apr 8, 2021 12:39 AM

Jan 2021
This is literally what I call art. Yes it can be confusing at times but that adds to the story. The story is unique as a whole, and the symbolism in it is very well thought. It's a great story for those who can understand it properly. The magician is such a character and the way the message and story is told is amazing. The only thing I disliked was that the ending wasn't really proper..? I can understand not sharing what happened to the magician (although it made me cry) to create a mystery element but it's not clear what happened to Ildeung, and Ai’s story didn't feel complete. Like idk I wish they showed the magician in the end as well ugh I’m crying again
Apr 17, 2021 1:53 PM

Mar 2019
I'd lie if I said I expected that ending. Rip R though, vanishing like that, guess Ai's magic was true after all.
I liked the scene with the invitation card at the end.
The stress on R and the other one was so big.
Alex_TheForestApr 17, 2021 1:59 PM
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Jul 10, 2021 6:28 PM

Jul 2020
woah woah woah, this was amazing, i dont know how to process this
Sep 27, 2021 1:47 PM
Jul 2021
I crieddd so hard!! Damn this is a masterpiece!!
Nov 26, 2021 12:29 PM
Dec 2020
Finally got around to reading this. Lying in bed at 2 AM, sobbing and smiling. Can someone break me from my asphalt curse please
Oct 31, 2022 8:24 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
That was definitely on of the best artistic direction I've seen in a manhwa
Mar 14, 2023 8:11 AM
May 2021
made me think about life. And wanting a cute older man who does magic
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Annarasumanara Chapter 1 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Mar 29, 2012

19 by brunolive »»
Aug 23, 2022 4:23 AM

» Netflix Live-Action?

kingofgame39 - May 23, 2022

4 by kushakashi »»
Jun 6, 2022 10:44 AM

Poll: » Annarasumanara Chapter 22 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Mar 30, 2012

16 by SakuraAme »»
Aug 3, 2020 1:47 PM

Poll: » Annarasumanara Chapter 21 Discussion

7 by Sol_Ou »»
Apr 2, 2020 4:29 PM

Poll: » Annarasumanara Chapter 9 Discussion

7 by Auron_ »»
Nov 8, 2019 6:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.