Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2012 6:21 AM

Mar 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Well it would be nice to see them hug or something.
May 20, 2013 2:48 PM

Jun 2007
Hug AT LEAST damn......................
see you, space cowperson . . .
Jun 9, 2020 2:11 PM

Dec 2011
How unexpected, this read made me go through all the emotions in spite of its comparatively short length to most. The ways love was expressed and romanticized through various compositions was fantastic storytelling and different from everything else I know. I imagined the narrator's voice as a sweet old woman, and next to the delicate illustrations, the feeling I was left with by the end was gentle. I'm so used to tragedy in older shoujo that I'm grateful of the subtleties that push this in the wlw direction while remaining safe for its time. I'm biased to this but: using a sport to move feelings forward will never get old.

Perhaps my favorite part was Yukiko quietly imagining herself dancing with her crush as stars shining in the night sky. It's what you'd expect from a young girl and convinces me of her age because it comes across as genuine. She holds an apple and brings it into her room, the "forbidden fruit." (Christian imagery, no idea if that was intentional, but could represent something else entirely in Japan) She holds it again later, but interesting how she only has it when her mom is around ... all the while, thinking her daughter is crying for her dad, a man. Later we get the story of the swan, symbolic of the feelings that the girls mutually keep silenced. For me, that also alludes back to when Yukiko was listening to her music, her dad and Chikage on the same plane of memory: both loved, irreplaceable, even in death.

Yet, the cherry blossoms are alive and blooming. They give the girls their blessing as they fall, our protagonist no longer caring what people think.

I'm so glad this wasn't lost to time. It's a simple story but there's multiple aspects that elevate it. Honestly one of the best I've read.
Mar 23, 2022 1:41 PM

Jun 2014
Yukiko and Chikage have reconciled, and everything is as it should be.

This was interesting, and is probably among the oldest manga with hints of GL in it. I'm glad that I was able to track it down.

Feb 2, 1:25 AM

Jul 2023
This reminds me of the final episodes of Season 2 of Marimite. Yumi-chan and Sachikosama had a major misunderstanding then reconciled. The same things happened here with Yukiko and Chikage, but before that, an intense match similar to the intensity of the Prince of Tennis.

It's short but just enough to be sweet. It may be of interest to trace the history of yuri, but as far as I'm concerned, it's a decent read.

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Rows of Cherry Trees Chapter 3 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Feb 3, 2012

2 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 2, 1:03 AM

Poll: » The Rows of Cherry Trees Chapter 2 Discussion

2 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 1, 6:49 PM

Poll: » The Rows of Cherry Trees Chapter 1 Discussion

2 by patkarunungan »»
Feb 1, 6:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.