Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 29, 2012 9:46 PM

Mar 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So he could fool everyone but not Johan.
Feb 24, 2014 9:07 PM

May 2013
yeah he really knows how to mess with people
Aug 21, 2014 5:08 PM

Jun 2014
0-0 when Jergens held the pen up to his head, I immediately remembered that scene from the anime. Still made me gasp from the suddenness
Nov 15, 2014 2:09 AM

May 2014
Oh god Johan is dangerous.
I have to be careful with people whose names are Johan now
Nov 17, 2015 10:30 PM

Oct 2012
I totally forgot about this. Man, it's been awhile. Good thing this manga reminded me that Johan is truly evil incarnate.
Dec 23, 2016 1:45 PM

Jan 2016
Damn, Johan must have a geass or something to control minds
he's just ruthless
Sep 22, 2019 1:55 AM

May 2015
Wow what a chapter. Johan is dangerous. He can get into someone's mind and toy with them. Enough to force them to commit suicide. First with the killer who was being interviewed in jail. He suddenly jams a pen in his ear and into his brain to kill himself. That was unexpected. And then with Richard. Johan gets under his skin by causing him the pain and realization that he wanted to kill the kid. Johan even uses Richard's child as a component of his psychological torture. Enough to cause Richard to reevaluate if he's good enough to be in his daughter's life or if it's better that he dies and she keeps the image of him she already has. Crazy stuff.
Aug 2, 2021 9:35 PM

Jan 2020
ah yes, the iconic drink panel of johan. But that pencil suicide was disturbing

Feb 9, 2022 4:01 PM

Oct 2016
Johan, in addition to being an excellent mastermind, of course, within it is the attribute of excellent "manipulator"...
He has an impressive charisma and knows exactly how to engage with people, as well as touch their heartstrings.
He knows how to read people perfectly, recognize their weaknesses and damage them where it hurts them the most... Wow.
Mar 16, 2022 9:13 AM

Feb 2022
Big F for Richard. He was closer to uncovering the truth than Runge. Such a tragic story, he got everyone (Leichwein, Gillen, and by extension everyone else) close to the truth about Johann, but now he's dead because he thought he wasn't good enough for his daughter. What a shame. Also, this reminds us just how evil - and how smart - Johann really is.
These Japanese gesticulating cartoons are actually quite good
Apr 2, 2022 7:18 PM
Mar 2018
Holy Christ. Johan gaslighted the crap out of Richard. It’s such a shame too because he was really trying to turn his life around. It seems that what we didn’t know about that incident with the 17 year old boy was that he wasn’t drunk when he shot him. Man.. but how did Johan know that? Even eyewitness accounts might not be totally sufficient because how can you truly know if someone was drinking but Johan is so intelligent and has that conviction with his words that it’s like sharia law. It’s crazy man, and the fact that Jurgens murdered himself because of the psychological toll when he saw that photo of Johan is just insane. We are just now starting to see just how great of an antagonist Johan is and I’m excited to see even more. I kinda hope we move back to Tenma now though cause I kinda miss my guy hahaha
Sep 20, 2023 8:16 AM

Aug 2022
Fuck you Johan...

The pencil suicide was awesome!
Dec 28, 2023 4:48 PM

Apr 2020
When watching this in the anime, I honestly didn't even realize how close Johan was to being exposed. And yet in one single chapter, Johan was able to systematically close up 3 to 4 lose ends all at once which took 6 or 7 chapters to build up in the first place. And now we're back at square one and Johan is no closer to being caught than he was before the investigation started. If only Dr. Gillen remembered to start his tape recorder just a little bit earlier, he could've blown the cover off this whole case single-handedly.

Johan is one terrifying villain to deal with.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monster Chapter 50 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Jan 29, 2012

10 by LightNoragami1 »»
Yesterday, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Monster Chapter 32 Discussion

6 by LightNoragami1 »»
Apr 24, 5:51 AM

Poll: » Monster Chapter 27 Discussion

6 by LightNoragami1 »»
Apr 24, 5:00 AM

Poll: » Monster Chapter 18 Discussion

4 by LightNoragami1 »»
Apr 22, 5:31 PM

Poll: » Monster Chapter 68 Discussion

8 by Yiaponezika_MkM »»
Apr 11, 7:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.