Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 11, 2017 2:51 AM

Apr 2016
This episode reminds me of Oblivion so much. The execution somewhat ruined the mood but overall the show is really intriguing.
Mar 23, 2017 12:32 AM
Feb 2017
This was such a sad episode. I liked Timothy. Can't believe he died. Hoody's death was shocking. I didnt expect that he was the one on the aircraft. After being outside Romedeo for so long and finally coming back again, he gets killed. I guess he knew that, but he looked happy. Atleast he gets to see Romedeo before dying. Then Quinn. I didnt really like her but during that moment at the boat scene , I was begging her not to die. Lastly Pino.Poor Pino doesn't understand what death is and the seriousness of the situation. She begins to understand the feeling of loneliness but I hope she doesn't change her happy-go-lucky attitude because we need her cheerfulness to this feels anime.

fluffy8cloudJul 10, 2017 3:47 AM
May 9, 2017 9:17 PM

Jun 2013
I should not have expected the vagrants to live too long...

This should have been a clue that Vincent was not going back:

What's up with this smug face?

Jun 12, 2017 8:48 AM

Jun 2017
This show just seems to be throwing out deaths a lot and expecting the audience to find each sad in its own individual way. When you have that many deaths, there has to be an overall feeling you get from them, like hopelessness and making you wonder what the point of it all is. Oh, it feels meaningless, but not in a meaningful way. I just find myself not caring. Pino's still cute, but with this shows level of writing they execute the "Learning what it means to feel" scene in the most banal way possible.

The problem that's bugging me is that the only good thing about this show so far, aside from the occasional more lighthearted scene, is the mystery and questions it raises. I mean, it's not the most fascinating thing I've ever heard, but it's enjoyable. For the past few episodes though, it feels like they're beginning to slow down on that front, and while I'm sure they'll come back to it sooner or later, it's made the whole thing a slog to watch. To be fair, I've watched the past few episodes in quick succession, so maybe I should take a break from it before continuing.
Nov 20, 2017 2:42 AM

Dec 2015
Whew, I thought Vincent left Pino behind and left, I'm so glad I was wrong.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jan 17, 2018 12:02 PM

Mar 2012
Shame about the old guy. He was a bit sketchy with his white lies but actually cared for the commune.

Interesting how Pino is starting to show and understand human emotions.
Mar 8, 2018 4:40 PM

Feb 2013
Pino learned what death and loneliness is.

Old dude stole the soldier from the mall clock. (implies he was exiled for that)

That's still one cool land-sailboat.
May 14, 2018 4:05 PM

Jan 2018
There goes the greatest milf of the series. Dying in the most badass way while still looking beautiful.

Aug 9, 2018 9:54 AM

Sep 2017
My 2000th episode is now complete. Whew

Pino is quite adorable. Looks like the hero will continue his journey. And the doctor dies. Saddd. Well, let's see if the mystery is uncovered.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Sep 18, 2018 9:28 PM

Apr 2018
Was a decent episode overall. Enjoying it a bit.
Oct 8, 2018 3:03 AM
Oct 2018
Where did the people living in the commune get the vaccine? And why nobody seems to know about its existence?
Maybe Hoody was a doctor in Romdou and he discovered that there was an antidote but the government was keeping it quiet, that`s why he went away of the dome.
Apr 25, 2020 12:00 AM

Mar 2020
this just proves how dumb Rel is for believing she can protect Vincent if he agreed to go back with her.
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Nov 29, 2020 2:56 PM

Jun 2010
The dialogue claimed Quinn had been acting odd since Timothy died but I don't think she acted any differently at all. Timothy being her son rather than just some kid seems to have no consequence at all.

The previous episode seemed to show Hoody was a ridiculous liar but now we're supposed to take him seriously again?

It also seems like ages since anything happened with the mystery surrounding the "proxy". Re-l went to fetch Vincent from outside because he seems to have some connection but she didn't ask him anything and he doesn't even know that's what she wanted. Now she's asleep and nobody is thinking about the issue. I thought that was the main plot but as of now I don't know why I should care about this weird monster thing that only Re-l cares about.

The most interesting part of this show is Pino(cchio) becoming a real girl but it's a pretty basic execution of that idea so far.
Dec 15, 2020 2:27 PM

Oct 2019
There are plenty of things I do not yet understand about this show, but what I find most perplexing is how Raul (the Security Bureau Chief) is wired : purportedly he is interested in capturing and questioning Vincent Law to find out how he is connected to the (second) Proxy but at the same time he wants to kill him on sight. Earlier on Raul's henchmen tried to kill Vincent and for a while I thought that they might have been overzealous while trying to capture him. In this episode it was made clear that they had orders from Raul himself to kill him right away, not capture him.

Therefore Raul both wants to capture Vincent to question him about the Proxy (his mission from that weird assortment of an elderly guy + statuses of various thinkers) and execute him "upon identification" (i.e. not after questioning him but, er, before). Raul is a walking breathing contradiction and I'm not quite sure if that suggests something flawed about his character or is just written in a very crappy and sloppy way. I think it's the latter, which is a shame really.

The other major mystery is about the leader(s?) of Romdo. We have not yet been told how they function. Is that an elderly sick guy who cannot speak for himself and thus has "AutoReivs in the form of statuses of various thinkers and philosophers"(?) speaking for him? I think they are AutoReivs because they can analyse the pressure, blood pressure and breathing of humans, which is something AutoReivs do. In any case the system and structure of this city appears to be very corrupt. A full-blown dictatorship with near zero value for human life, while the major role of AutoReivs appears to be the surveillance of humans.

Last but not least, Re-l Mayer is extremely naive but does not (yet) realize it. If she hadn't gotten sick and had managed to take Vincent with her he would have been shot on sight and her "testimony" would not have meant shit (maybe they would declare her crazy again to shut her up). However she is only naive over how Romdo and its leadership works. In other matters, like the plight of migrants, she is counter-intuitively quite a cynic.
Mar 18, 2021 1:39 PM

Feb 2020
Damn, I didn't want Hoody to die so soon, I was starting to get very invested in his character. I wish we at least got to see his whole story, including his connection with this little soldier.
May 23, 2021 4:56 PM

Mar 2018
Thinking back on it, it was actually made obvious that it wasn't Vincent in the ship as Pino had said earlier that she couldn't leave Vincent and needed to stay with him. So the whole portrayal of her being on the boat and him on the ship never really made sense.

Something about a cheerful and innocent Companion AutoReiv discovering sadness and loneliness really hit me.

I have yet to skip on the OP / ED, they really just capture the show's atmosphere so well
Jun 11, 2021 12:30 PM

Jul 2009
We finally get to see some of Hoody's past. He really did steal that Marching Band Toy, and got banished from the Romdeau.

Still, it was bad of him to lie about the negotiations nor the cure. People either adapt to the environment outside or die.

I knew Quinn would die the moment she tried to fight the council. I don't get it on how they could have just hid on the boat instead of sticking outside with no cover. I was actually wondering why Pino was there, if she were to always follow Vincent.

It was smart of Hoody of impersonating as Vincent when traveling with Re-L. That way, Daedalus can safely retrieve Re-L while Raul gets nothing. Still, Hoody will die either way.

Pino having thoughts of sadness and lost.
Aug 16, 2021 7:41 PM

Dec 2018
no touch pino
too cute
she really made qunn's death a lot more powerful too, and timothy's
Sep 29, 2021 11:00 AM
Nov 2020
Why did they kill hoody i don't get that... Why did he even go?
Jan 7, 2022 8:59 PM

May 2019
holly shit, how the direction of some 2000's series were bad.

Not question of budget or being rushed, but just bad.

They tried to make a cult scene and it become just a mess, with bad continuition, bad BGM, bad sequences (Quinn got shot from nowhere)

Goddamn!
Jun 25, 2022 3:34 AM

Nov 2018
When personal feelings are involved, no system can't remain perfect.
Creed seems to hate static non-progressive system and uses its imperfections for personal wrath.
I hate everyone equally
Jul 7, 2022 1:51 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
So they switched Vincent with that older guy so he can just die in Romdeau eh, while Quinn is also dying but outside.
Sep 10, 2022 2:16 PM

May 2018
rip the Commune and Hoody & Quinn. I wonder if Vincent will become a leader type now
Sep 25, 2022 9:52 AM
munchmunch

Aug 2019
Wtf... Daedalus is a guy??

Nov 14, 2022 1:05 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Dang... not Hoody... not Quinn... would've liked to see more of these characters before getting killed off so soon

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 7, 2023 9:31 AM
Aug 2022
ERGO PROXY THAT'S NOT HOW VACCINES WORK,,,
Oct 15, 2023 7:32 AM
Jun 2019
harika bir bölüm
Dec 8, 2023 7:28 AM

Dec 2022
This series just introduces people you'll think will be important characters, and then kills them off one or two episodes later. No plot armour here.

Shaded Horizon

Mar 26, 10:41 AM
Aug 2022
better and better and better!! I find Pino's character so fascinating
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

xel - May 31, 2008

93 by LonewolfNBU »»
Apr 12, 10:55 AM

Poll: » Why do people seem to not like Ergo Proxy?

TheGuiltMan - Nov 28, 2020

41 by oooo3333 »»
Mar 30, 12:12 AM

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

WinterNightsFall - Aug 20, 2008

71 by yojuno »»
Mar 26, 12:23 AM

» Ergo Proxy Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Aokaado - Dec 27, 2006

236 by llamav »»
Mar 18, 12:42 PM

Poll: » Ergo Proxy Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

xel - Jun 7, 2008

100 by llamav »»
Mar 7, 4:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.