Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 7, 2014 9:29 PM

Mar 2012
ownosourus said:
Well, the 3 little sluts sure got off easy, I was ready for some real GTO punishment.

As much as I wanted this as well I had a feeling they were gonna get off easy.
Vagina said:
Lol at how they try to make her seem like a victim in the end..

Yea hate when shows do that. Best part is that they'll most likely make her a "good person" the next time we see her and everyone will act like that shit never happened just like the case with the kid with glasses that made those fake pics and guessing the same will happen with the three douchebags that hate Onizuka.
Oct 2, 2014 9:00 PM

Dec 2012
I don't really give a shit about her mother problems, she's still a bitch. Yoshikawa's a brave guy, props to him.
Jan 27, 2015 6:29 PM

Sep 2010
Yoshikawa is my favorite student so far he was brave for doing that.

Those 3 bitches got off easy and just because your parent isn't a good one does not excuse your actions and making another persons life a living hell.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Mar 22, 2015 7:43 AM
Feb 2015
It was just disgusting seeing the full extent of the way Anko and her friends had bullied him.
But it was a great episode not only because Yoshikawa stood up for himself but he also saved Onizuka's job :)
That look on Uchiyamada's face xD
Jun 26, 2015 4:15 AM
Nov 2014
Very bold and brave decision by yoshikawa to save onizuka, glad it went well in the end :)
Jul 30, 2015 7:58 PM

Jan 2013
Stark700 said:
The bitch bully got exposed. Serves you right.
follow me on tumblr @ http://x-hentai.tumblr.com/
Mar 13, 2016 5:34 PM

Sep 2015
6 episodes in, and I'm still enjoying this show WAY TOO MUCH!

What an awesomely ridiculous, awesome anime. Ridiculous.
Mar 28, 2016 6:24 PM

Dec 2012
I hate parents like these.

That girl deserves everything coming to her.
Aug 7, 2016 7:16 PM

Sep 2013
The vice-principal (aka dick-san) still only cares about his car...not the fact that a student tried to commit suicide.....!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Aug 17, 2016 2:31 PM

Jan 2013
I'm so glad it ended like that. Yoshikawa you poor kid now everything will be ok. Onizuka, Yoshikawa and Kikuchi just good job guys! Anko and the rest of her dumb squad go to hell where your place is geez.

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Oct 25, 2016 8:46 PM

May 2016
After the vice-principal's anger/punch line at the end with Onizuka not getting fired, it's pretty much confirmed to me that this guy should never be taken seriously. He's like the version of that guy that tries to undermines somebody and it all just backfires, basically his pain is the comedy here, I'm guessing he's like the Tom and Onizukai s the Jerry from Tom & Jerry. Seriously, the dude basically ignored Yoshikawa speaking about his harsh bullying experience which resulted in his suicide attempts. All he cared about was Onizuka not getting fired...

Also, I'm surprised the mom took the acceptance of her daughter being a two-face bitch and not realize what her actions has done to her credibility throughout the past few years. If what I inferred was correct, she just used her mom's celebrity status to get away with so much bullying to teachers for possibly a few years. While the tape is a composite from megane dude, she didn't deny it. If I was getting the news that my daughter is a two-faced bitch like her, I would get extremely pissed as now nobody will take my word seriously anymore. A public apology is definitely needed from these two for manipulating the PTA, administration, and abusing teachers. I'm sure no parent will stand for it if they don't.

And oh man, the way she played victim. "The reason I bully people is because you know everything, mom. You don't even know your daughter!" I was really groaning at how they were going to justify how the parent was at fault. But then Onizuka came in and said it best (Subbed): "Don't blame it on your parent. Don't be a baby!" It was like, hey you're full of crap, don't be a fucking baby here. You decided to take up bullying, you decided to be two-faced. Your mom is not at fault here.

By the way, when rewatching this scene in the dub, they definitely made the script so much more eloquent and more understandable than the subs here. God damn. This series deserves a rewatch in dubbed. Steve Blum's voice, mmmmmm.

Also, I think the megane dude is a tsundere for Onizuka. Says he doesn't like the guy but then proceeds to assist in helping him out in troubles. I don't blame him though haha.
Nov 10, 2016 6:46 AM

Jun 2015
Can't say the main character has grown on me, but it was still watchable. And I agree, Yoshikawa is a very brave guy.

I respect your opinion as long as you respect mine.
Mar 7, 2017 1:54 PM

Mar 2015
Always so good to see bitches get what they deserve. What an idiot of a mum that was
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 16, 2017 3:33 PM

Jan 2010
damn this was one big psychologycal rollercoaster here. loved it!
Glad it all got deconspired

5/5
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Sep 7, 2017 11:46 PM

Dec 2013
Yoshiwaka was impressive trying to help Onizuka.
Sep 22, 2017 8:46 PM

Sep 2015
This is pretty realistic of an episode. Only thing I think wouldnt really happen would be a kid standing up for his teacher by stripping himself in front of others. The realistic part was about being related to someone with power and using them to get yourself benefits.
Dec 8, 2017 10:10 AM

Nov 2011
Been so far enjoying the themes the show is exploring, it can still do a bit more i feel.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 26, 2017 10:12 AM
Dec 2017
So cool im so glad that the stupid chick got caugh!😂
Dec 27, 2017 1:50 PM

May 2016
I will never forgive that bitch, thank you Megane kun Kikuchi.
Mar 21, 2018 10:17 AM

May 2017
that was the shittiest reason for bullying lol.
zero feels so far in this anime. I know its mainly a comedy/slice of life anime but it also has drama and shounen as a genre. I mean they sometimes try to be emotional (yoshikawa's first suicide attempt or just now trying to make her look like shes the victim) but so far they failed in that area

everything else is entertaining so far besides the 480p quality and the lack of quality animation.
Apr 8, 2018 3:12 AM

Oct 2012
Oh PTA how ironic
You don't even know that your own daughter commit a very serious crime
Basically she's SJW of 90s
Good to know

Yoshikawa, thank you for standing up

Awww Kikuchi I love ya for recording that conversation!
He may act like he didn't care but he actually cared, what a tsundere xD
"Signature removed"
Jan 12, 2019 7:33 AM
Sep 2016
It's a fun show but it feels like a straight copy of the manga. Not enough advantage being taken of the change of medium. That said, there are worse ways to spend your time than watching Onizawa teetering on the edge of professional suicide.
Feb 9, 2019 7:46 PM
Apr 2016
Hahaha Onizuka is castrating those troublemakers one by one, great! That old lady was really naive though...
Mar 23, 2019 1:02 PM

Feb 2017
Funny connection: I heard the Vice-Principal mention Binbou-gami, which is one of the demons in the Shin Megami Tensei game I'm playing right now. Would never have caught it otherwise.
Jun 8, 2019 8:20 AM

Dec 2014
PTa meeting go Onizuka..... never have I seen an anime opening that starts with a man coming out of a toilet naked
Jun 20, 2019 2:38 AM

Mar 2016
Logically, that conclusion makes absolutely no sense and would never happen.

But hey, GTO isn't supposed to make sense is it? This lil' mini arc wasn't as interesting as I thought it'd be, though. Onizuka still stay being hilarious. My guy straight-up walked into the PTA meeting in a monkey suit and literally gave the PTA chairman the finger. That's stuff fit for a legend.

Last thing? This anime definitely has not aged well at all. That animation is trash-tier. But this show is apart of my journey to watching the top 50 anime on MAL, so it must be done. It's entertaining, but man is that animation bad.
Rescue22Jun 20, 2019 2:41 AM
Jun 23, 2019 12:16 PM
Apr 2015
Rescue22 said:

But hey, GTO isn't supposed to make sense is it? This lil' mini arc wasn't as interesting as I thought it'd be, though. Onizuka still stay being hilarious. My guy straight-up walked into the PTA meeting in a monkey suit and literally gave the PTA chairman the finger. That's stuff fit for a legend.

Last thing? This anime definitely has not aged well at all. That animation is trash-tier. But this show is apart of my journey to watching the top 50 anime on MAL, so it must be done. It's entertaining, but man is that animation bad.

I can agree with the animation thing, but it doesn't make this anime unenjoyable at all. It just needs some good remake as FMA or HxH had received. Also, this is a comedy anime so if its funny its good. There were times when this sloppy animation made some scenes even more funny. If you can't enjoy Onizuka because of animation, then it's no different than playing games for graphics only.
Jun 24, 2019 7:32 AM

Mar 2016
GameDSS said:
Rescue22 said:

I can agree with the animation thing, but it doesn't make this anime unenjoyable at all. It just needs some good remake as FMA or HxH had received. Also, this is a comedy anime so if its funny its good. There were times when this sloppy animation made some scenes even more funny. If you can't enjoy Onizuka because of animation, then it's no different than playing games for graphics only.

I don't believe I ever said I wasn't enjoying the show. I think it's hilarious, which is why I'm still watching.
Jun 24, 2019 2:20 PM
Apr 2015
Rescue22 said:
GameDSS said:

I don't believe I ever said I wasn't enjoying the show. I think it's hilarious, which is why I'm still watching.

By "you" I didn't really point at you. I was speaking generally, but reading it now it really looks like I was talking about you. Sorry then :D
Jun 25, 2019 6:54 PM

Mar 2016
GameDSS said:
Rescue22 said:

By "you" I didn't really point at you. I was speaking generally, but reading it now it really looks like I was talking about you. Sorry then :D

Oh no you're fine! I just wanted to make sure I was coming across correctly. :)
Aug 7, 2019 12:57 AM

Jul 2016
Takes some guts to reveal what he revealed.
Aug 14, 2019 9:09 AM

Aug 2017
What was actually Onizuka's plan? To distract parents and act like nothing happened? To laugh at them?

Making him retarded so that Yoshikawa can save his ass is unreliable. What if the boy is too scared to rat Anko? Don't forget that Yoshikawa was bullied and intimidated by her. It's like signing your own death warrant.

A real-life teacher would go to jail after that. No matter what awful things the girls did to deserve this.

But still, this episode is good. I am glad that kids didn't leave Onizuka.
Anime is love. Anime is life
Dec 21, 2019 7:51 AM

Jul 2013
Onizuka would befriend all of those kids by the end but it will be long and arduous process
Apr 6, 2020 1:48 PM

Oct 2013
Yoshikawa was very brave! He was MVP of this situation and thanks to him and Kikichi, Onizuka won't be fired.

But... wait, so those girls won't be send to any reformatory or some house for troublesome teenagers?! There won't be any lawsuits either...?! Naive as hell. Ordering one teacher to discipline them in school after they committed such atrocities is very stupid. It seems that mother in PTA was able to lessen responsibility of her daughter and her friends after all.
Apr 11, 2020 6:11 PM

Sep 2018
Waahh Yoshikawa! I'm glad bullying will stop now. I hate those girls!! Spoiled! Her reason is stupid!!!
Apr 18, 2020 1:10 AM

Aug 2018
Excelent episode, the fact that the girls werent punished that badly shows that society still views genders different in such situations. If 3 males would beat up girl and take pictures of her naked we would have seen way different scene.

Also the whole PTA meeting was serious and hilarious at the same time
Apr 19, 2020 2:06 PM

Mar 2013
I'm all up for people changing and getting a second chance and seeing what they have to deal with...but after this episode I really hope Anko does not get a redemption Arc. She really doesn't deserve it. Bullying is one thing but stripping someone and beating them and then taking pictures of them in that state is another level of low.
Her crying and being like "my mommy doesn't see me!!! so i wanted to assault someone!!!! i'm so sad!" was the most irritating thing ever.
"You think your power has limits, I say it's limitless."

Jul 26, 2020 9:42 PM

Dec 2014
This is absolutely legendary. I can't believe I put off watching this for so long, I'm loving it. It's so over the top crazy and ridiculous but it has heart, I love it.
Oct 28, 2020 11:00 PM

Jul 2020
I was surprised that Yoshikawa stood up for Onizuka, that was so brave of him. I really hope those bitches will be apprehended fairly.

And the one who sub this wants to flex his English huh, that ending with "flabbergasted" lol

Lelouch0202 said:
This is absolutely legendary. I can't believe I put off watching this for so long, I'm loving it. It's so over the top crazy and ridiculous but it has heart, I love it.

^ I totally agree on this
Dec 22, 2020 3:08 PM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Glad it ended up good for everyone.
Jan 13, 2021 2:06 AM

Jul 2020
wow yoshikawa you're so brave

still hates that bitch tho
Mar 1, 2021 1:58 PM

Aug 2018
im in love with this anime! so good!

Mar 28, 2021 11:13 AM
Oct 2019
that little bitch, blaming her mom. that whole scene enraged me. if i were the parent i would've dragged her ass out of that gym and put the fear of god in her

and yet, gto still providing lessons for his students throughout it all
Jun 5, 2021 6:45 AM

Jul 2017
Seeing Anko and her friends get humiliated and exposed in that PTA meeting for everything they did was cathartic to watch, and seeing Yoshikawa stand up for Onizuka by literally putting his body and pride on the line was touching and made me proud, seeing him face off against the bullies who are trying to force his friend out of his school. Great stuff.
Jul 20, 2021 6:35 AM
Jan 2021
Good episode but I'm not satisfied. The girl should be severely punished for the fact that her bullying caused someone to commit suicide twice. Not fair. :(
Sep 28, 2021 4:47 PM

Apr 2020
so no action taken against those girls by the school or what?
water
Dec 4, 2021 3:36 AM

Apr 2013
I liked the part when the audio tape played to reveal her true personality. But I feel like they will redeem Anko later on in the show and make her seem like a victim who just wanted some attention. Nope, you're just a bullying piece of shit, girl.
Jan 23, 2022 2:19 AM

Jan 2018
Kikuchi actually turned around. Nice character development for a minor character!

GTO is a pretty funny anime with lots of comedic moments but serious tone for serious topics like bullying and such truly elevate it to a different level. I dunno why I didn't watch this anime sooner.

That Anko girl has some serious mommy issues. Too bad I watched a clip on YouTube before actually watching the series about what's gonna happen to her later. I thought I'd be fine cos I thought this anime had episodic nature. Still glad it doesn't.
Mar 8, 2022 7:06 AM
May 2020
onizuka was able to survive that blunder somehow and im glad fr fr
May 26, 2022 4:27 PM

Dec 2021
Man, the 90's video game adaptation of Ashita no Joe deviated quite a bit from the manga...

Pretty damn good episode.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. 🙂 But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

yakyuu-addict - Oct 28, 2008

96 by CoreFinder »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

notestinet - Aug 17, 2008

176 by SametTakao »»
Yesterday, 7:14 PM

» What are the chances for a full remake?

xONLYINHUMANx - Apr 8

17 by F4i53 »»
Apr 15, 3:15 AM

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 43 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

notestinet - Aug 25, 2008

301 by xONLYINHUMANx »»
Apr 13, 2:04 AM

Poll: » Great Teacher Onizuka Episode 42 Discussion

yakyuu-addict - Oct 30, 2008

48 by xONLYINHUMANx »»
Apr 13, 1:52 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.