Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2011 10:54 AM

Dec 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think it was somewhere around the half-way point where this series really took off, but what a truly amazing show this turned out to be! I'm really going to miss that outro of blue skies...
Dec 28, 2011 9:45 PM

Apr 2009
Wen Chou was outmaneuvered by Cao Cao himself, too much analyzing cost him his life. I would have liked to see him beat Yuan Shao but I'll take what I can get. I guess not covering the Battle of Red Cliffs was OK since he was decisively defeated there by the alliance of Liu Bei and Sun Quan.

Overall, I liked the series since I'm partial to ancient warfares. XP Hmm might as well watch Sengoku Basara: The Last Party next.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Dec 29, 2011 7:15 AM

Jun 2007
Too bad the anime series did not even make it to seeing the main battle of Guandu. Looks like I'll have to find the manga and see if they cover Red Cliffs.

Note: A lot of people have made an error to assume that this story is based on Romance of the Three Kingdoms, as it is not. It is somewhat based upon Chen Shou's Record of Three Kingdoms. Chen Shou was a Jin Dynasty (post-3K) historian, who originally was the historian for Shu Han during the last days of the Three Kingdoms.
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Jan 1, 2012 2:48 PM

Apr 2009
here are 41 chapters of the manga
http://www.tenmanga.com/book/SOUTEN+KOURO.html

damn its not all x((
i want MORE XD

damn awesome show.. lots of gore and brilliant dialogs and characters
Jan 7, 2012 2:28 PM

Aug 2009
FUUUUUUUUU

THEY CAN'T END IT LIKE THIS

SECOND SEASON WHERE

THE SHOW MUST GO ON
Feb 1, 2012 3:41 PM
Sep 2007
To bad it was cut short, there was so much info that was missing, and things that didn't make sense. Anime was cut short, cause of ratings, I bet, I'm going to read the manga, to see if its better, with info.
Hi
Feb 15, 2012 3:21 PM

Jan 2008
Mechablitz said:
FUUUUUUUUU

THEY CAN'T END IT LIKE THIS

SECOND SEASON WHERE

THE SHOW MUST GO ON

Yeah... that will happen...as soon as I defeat Aizen in real life.
Aug 21, 2012 3:55 AM

Jan 2012
This series was really enjoyable. Started off kinda slow, but picked up speed around episode 3 all the way to the end.

As for the ending, I was left disappointed. I wanted to see Cao Cao lose so bad to Wen Chou. Cao Cao gets away with everything and when he finally does die, it was only mentioned in the final messages before the credits. It's not like I didn't want to see the battle at the red cliffs or anything. It's like throwing a birthday party and right before you cut the cake you throw it out the window. WTF.

Also, whatever happened to Guan Yu and Ji Bei? Did Zhang Fei kill his sworn brother? I'm sure I can look all these things up, but seriously, how can it end like that? If it wasn't for the ending, I'd give this series a 9, but the ending was clearly rushed which is sad because this series deserved a better ending. 8/10
Jan 27, 2014 8:57 PM

Apr 2008
That's it? This was such a disappointing ending to a great show. Pffffffffffft.
If only there were more episodes :(
"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that"
Apr 5, 2016 11:46 PM

Sep 2015
That ending was a little disappointing. I was hoping they would at least see the Battle of Guan Du conclude. Seeing Cao Cao burn the Wu Chao supply depot would've been good.

Great series overall though.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Sep 7, 2019 5:37 AM

Dec 2012
What, seriously? That's it? I'm not familiar with this time period so I imagine a complete account would be a tall order for 26 episodes. After skimming the events that follow, however, I'd still liked to have seen at least the formation of the three kingdoms as well as perhaps the end of Cao Cao's life since he intrigued me the most (courtesy of Miyano Mamoru's godly voice).

Well even with the ending being what it is, I'm still glad I caught a glimpse into this era. Ancient China & Feudal Japan are completely alien time periods to me and I usually do my best to avoid them like the plague. It certainly explains why I put this on-hold for over 3 years. With that said, Souten Kouro certainly made me better appreciate Chinese history and I actually want to learn more about it at this point. I also found the philosophy of heaven & earth quite fascinating as Cao Cao's wordplay often drew me in. I'm sure I would have better appreciated this had I done a bit more research on Confucianism and Ancient China, but I'm glad I finally gave it a go. The time period itself may have been a mystery to me, but the rife power struggles & political turmoil was an all too familiar testament of the history of mankind.

7/10. AMORE!
ZekkenshinSep 7, 2019 5:41 AM
Aug 7, 2022 8:31 AM

Feb 2018
So Cao took another W and we got a cliffhanger on Guan vs Zhang.. shame that there isn't a s2 :/

More topics from this board

Poll: » Souten Kouro Episode 1 Discussion

id - Apr 7, 2009

45 by Aldones »»
Jun 19, 2023 5:02 AM

Poll: » Souten Kouro Episode 2 Discussion

japanme32 - Apr 16, 2009

22 by CaptainKenshiro »»
Aug 31, 2022 3:30 PM

Poll: » Souten Kouro Episode 25 Discussion

Nayah - Dec 17, 2011

3 by Kap92 »»
Aug 7, 2022 8:31 AM

Poll: » Souten Kouro Episode 24 Discussion

tofei - Dec 14, 2011

1 by Kap92 »»
Aug 7, 2022 8:30 AM

Poll: » Souten Kouro Episode 23 Discussion

tofei - Dec 13, 2011

2 by Kap92 »»
Aug 7, 2022 8:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.