Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 22, 2011 2:34 AM

Jun 2009
I think it's a good idea not to use the Tsukihime as a way to judge the characters or anything of the VN, the anime has that certain meme for a reason I'd imagine.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 22, 2011 2:44 AM

Oct 2011
I gotta thank the anime for giving the characters a voice though. It really helps to hear a voice in my head when I'm reading the VN.
Dec 22, 2011 3:24 AM
Dec 2007
ideoidiom said:
I gotta thank the anime for giving the characters a voice though. It really helps to hear a voice in my head when I'm reading the VN.
It does. Hopefully if the so-often rumored remake pulls through we'll get a fully voiced VN (and updated art). If what you hated of the vampire theme was the big baddie vamp (I think Roa ws his name) he's pretty much a non-factor in the Akiha/Hisui/Kohaku side and in Ciel's route he kinda gets a diminished role (kinda, because he technically is still the big baddie).

Dec 22, 2011 9:49 AM

Oct 2011
No, it's just that the whole vampire theme pretty much saturated for me. I mean, I was never into in the first place (not into medieval fetishes, more of a sci-fi guy), but Twilight was the last straw. It just isn't (or doesn't feel) cool anymore. Also, the art is hardly a problem. In fact, I'd say it's 'amazing' considering most of the other works of its time. It's got a modern 'build' to it.
Dec 22, 2011 1:17 PM
Dec 2007
ideoidiom said:
No, it's just that the whole vampire theme pretty much saturated for me. I mean, I was never into in the first place (not into medieval fetishes, more of a sci-fi guy), but Twilight was the last straw. It just isn't (or doesn't feel) cool anymore. Also, the art is hardly a problem. In fact, I'd say it's 'amazing' considering most of the other works of its time. It's got a modern 'build' to it.
Yeah, it was decent for the times, I've seen worse doujin works out there, pretty recent ones to boot. And I guess I see your point for oversaturation, although I've always blocked out Twilight out of it. After all, asides the blood-sucking, they completely destroyed the mythology behind vampires.

Jan 1, 2012 7:49 AM
Jan 2012
Hello all it's nice to meet you all, I'm a HUGE FSN LOVER (and Tsukihime+Melty Blood into a certain degree as well as Kara no Kyoukai and other Type Moon Stuff) And I'm new at MyAnimeList.Net so please guide me if I violate the rules by chance. Urhm, so I basically am interested with the discussion. It's nice to meet you!
@Silver_Gospel
Hello there, so you're basically new to Nasuverse... I don't mean to boast or arrogant (especially after I read FSN in accordance to King Pikka a.k.a Gilgamesh lol) it's just I REALLY recommend you to read the VN seriously... There is no regret not a slight bit in my heart... Tsukihime is good as well but I don't really "get interested" (subjectively) although it was a MASTERPIECE as well XD
And to sum things up, here is a few simpler explanations for FSN:
*SPOILER* (Sorry I haven't learn the spoiler button)
FSN is about a war between 7 Magi founded by Tohsaka, Makiri (a.k.a Matou), and Einzbern with an intention of resurrecting the 3rd Magic (named Heaven's Feel JUST LIKE THE 3rd scenario) and to reach the origin (Akashic Record)
Emiya Shirou as the "surviving" victim of the 4th Holy Grail War (in Fate Zero) struggles to end the war as the infamous quote says "People die when they are killed" as the main motivation. In the end, there are three scenarios Fate, UBW, HF each representing as:
A Boy who Dreams an Ideal, A Teenager who Struggles for His Ideal, and A Man who Fully Compromises Ideal for the Sake of Reality
A bit correction though...
Fate main heroin: Seibaaaa (Saber) UBW: Rin (although I believe it should be GARcher lol) and HF: SAKURA not ILLYA lol
That's all ^_^ thanks...

Personal note: Why do people sympathize with Kohaku but not with Sakura? lol Both have "same" tragic pasts and both are helpless... Thanks ^_^
And by the way... Archer isn't from any of the routes mentioned... He should be from the "unreleased" Illya's Route (that will never be released for you know Natsu is...)
I do hope to explain more about this to you but, you'll lose the enjoyment with the VN... Good Luck!
Jan 1, 2012 2:48 PM

Dec 2011
Tepanyakigo said:
Hello all it's nice to meet you all, I'm a HUGE FSN LOVER (and Tsukihime+Melty Blood into a certain degree as well as Kara no Kyoukai and other Type Moon Stuff) And I'm new at MyAnimeList.Net so please guide me if I violate the rules by chance. Urhm, so I basically am interested with the discussion. It's nice to meet you!
@Silver_Gospel
Hello there, so you're basically new to Nasuverse... I don't mean to boast or arrogant (especially after I read FSN in accordance to King Pikka a.k.a Gilgamesh lol) it's just I REALLY recommend you to read the VN seriously... There is no regret not a slight bit in my heart... Tsukihime is good as well but I don't really "get interested" (subjectively) although it was a MASTERPIECE as well XD
And to sum things up, here is a few simpler explanations for FSN:
*SPOILER* (Sorry I haven't learn the spoiler button)
FSN is about a war between 7 Magi founded by Tohsaka, Makiri (a.k.a Matou), and Einzbern with an intention of resurrecting the 3rd Magic (named Heaven's Feel JUST LIKE THE 3rd scenario) and to reach the origin (Akashic Record)
Emiya Shirou as the "surviving" victim of the 4th Holy Grail War (in Fate Zero) struggles to end the war as the infamous quote says "People die when they are killed" as the main motivation. In the end, there are three scenarios Fate, UBW, HF each representing as:
A Boy who Dreams an Ideal, A Teenager who Struggles for His Ideal, and A Man who Fully Compromises Ideal for the Sake of Reality
A bit correction though...
Fate main heroin: Seibaaaa (Saber) UBW: Rin (although I believe it should be GARcher lol) and HF: SAKURA not ILLYA lol
That's all ^_^ thanks...

Personal note: Why do people sympathize with Kohaku but not with Sakura? lol Both have "same" tragic pasts and both are helpless... Thanks ^_^
And by the way... Archer isn't from any of the routes mentioned... He should be from the "unreleased" Illya's Route (that will never be released for you know Natsu is...)
I do hope to explain more about this to you but, you'll lose the enjoyment with the VN... Good Luck!

Um I just joined MAL like a couple weeks ago? Not even a month. I noticed you put a "*SPOILER*" thing. you need to check out the BBCode when you're gonna put a spoiler. Its under the quick reply box. It should say BBCode. Anyways... I'm pretty sure I said this plenty of times. I'm still downloading the VN! I'm searching if theres any other VN of the Fate Series that works on PC. Anyways. Since ur here. Saber Lily? In Fate Unlimited Codes? Shes a completely different saber right?

I'm not sure if they allow me to post links since I'm new and all that.
http://myanimelist.net/info.php?go=bbcode
Its a link to help you with bbcodes. It's gonna help you alot but like I said. Its under the Quick Reply box. This is just incase if you cant find it for some random reason.
Jan 1, 2012 8:47 PM
Jan 2012
@Silver_Gospel
Thanks a lot dude! The link helps a lot for me!
Well... here goes the practise of "spoiler button" !! XD

As far as I know... the Visual novel for PC port is only FSN, Fate/Hollow, and that's all... the rest should be considered as a "real game" (either RPG or fighting game)

And in case you really are desperate... there is a link for you... you can check it out but it contains A HUGE AMOUNT of spoilers for Nasuverse (Type Moon products)

I hope you can finish the download quickly... ^_^
Jan 1, 2012 10:48 PM

Dec 2011
Tepanyakigo said:
@Silver_Gospel

As far as I know... the Visual novel for PC port is only FSN, Fate/Hollow, and that's all... the rest should be considered as a "real game" (either RPG or fighting game)

And in case you really are desperate... there is a link for you... you can check it out but it contains A HUGE AMOUNT of spoilers for Nasuverse (Type Moon products)

O hey btw. You're doing this like you tube @"random name". Jus press the "quote" botton on the lower right hand corner of each post.

So basically shes being altered to white dressed saber. So, you think that they're every going to make other fate series for pc? I have a ps3. I mean why don't they just make it for PS3!!!
Jan 2, 2012 12:04 AM
Jan 2012
silver_gospel said:
Tepanyakigo said:
@Silver_Gospel

O hey btw. You're doing this like you tube @"random name". Jus press the "quote" botton on the lower right hand corner of each post.

So basically shes being altered to white dressed saber. So, you think that they're every going to make other fate series for pc? I have a ps3. I mean why don't they just make it for PS3!!!

I see... thank you very much ^_^
Rather than altered to light... you can say she's just wearing a costume for fun lol XD

As for the "why there is no sequel to Fate series?" thing...
It's because the series is already completed... even Fate/Hollow ataraxia only deserves to be called as a non-canonical sequel
You will see once you've read the visual novel... in my opinion... even though sadly there is no sequel, Fate/stay night is a masterpiece and it has been completed. Adding a new sequel will definitely ruin the image of this beautiful tale... That's why it can't have a sequel (unless somebody wants to degrade this masterpiece into another commercial product)

If you really are curious... you should try reading Tsukihime as well (although not a cup of my tea, it really made me cry... seriously the tale is beautiful even for me who doesn't get really connected) and you can search for Kara no Kyoukai either the novel (in english buy it) or the movies (there are 7 movies in total)
Trust me, Nasu Kinoko and Type Moon series hold something deep just like FSN... Each of his works are unique and way MORE than just mere commercials.

Well, unlike other animes or mangas... the beauty of Nasu's works is truly unique... The ending is not bitter nor sweet, it has a meaningful philosophy (for me at least)... That's why, sadly Fate has been completed. ^_^ (sobbing)
Jan 2, 2012 3:56 PM

Dec 2011
Tepanyakigo said:
silver_gospel said:
Tepanyakigo said:
@Silver_Gospel

Rather than altered to light... you can say she's just wearing a costume for fun lol XD

It's because the series is already completed... even Fate/Hollow ataraxia only deserves to be called as a non-canonical sequel
You will see once you've read the visual novel... in my opinion... even though sadly there is no sequel, Fate/stay night is a masterpiece and it has been completed. Adding a new sequel will definitely ruin the image of this beautiful tale... That's why it can't have a sequel (unless somebody wants to degrade this masterpiece into another commercial product)

If you really are curious... you should try reading Tsukihime as well (although not a cup of my tea, it really made me cry... seriously the tale is beautiful even for me who doesn't get really connected) and you can search for Kara no Kyoukai either the novel (in english buy it) or the movies (there are 7 movies in total)
Trust me, Nasu Kinoko and Type Moon series hold something deep just like FSN... Each of his works are unique and way MORE than just mere commercials.

Well, unlike other animes or mangas... the beauty of Nasu's works is truly unique... The ending is not bitter nor sweet, it has a meaningful philosophy (for me at least)... That's why, sadly Fate has been completed. ^_^ (sobbing)

I'll keep what you said in mind. Last question. Is there only one author to Fate/Stay Night? Its too great man. Hey you know any good animes?
Jan 4, 2012 6:56 AM
Jan 2012
silver_gospel said:
Tepanyakigo said:
silver_gospel said:
Tepanyakigo said:
@Silver_Gospel

well... believe it or not... yes there is only ONE person lol and his name is Nasu Kinoko... Tsukihime and Fate/stay night, let alone the famous Kara no Kyoukai and several other works of Type moon were all writen by Nasu Kinoko HIMSELF... XD that guy is unbelievable...

A good anime is it? Hmm... I believe if you want a joke-for-fun anime, you should try Angel Beats! while for the serious one try Kara no Kyoukai

I'll keep what you said in mind. Last question. Is there only one author to Fate/Stay Night? Its too great man. Hey you know any good animes?
Jan 5, 2012 3:31 PM

Dec 2011
Tepanyakigo said:
silver_gospel said:
Tepanyakigo said:
silver_gospel said:
Tepanyakigo said:
@Silver_Gospel

well... believe it or not... yes there is only ONE person lol and his name is Nasu Kinoko... Tsukihime and Fate/stay night, let alone the famous Kara no Kyoukai and several other works of Type moon were all writen by Nasu Kinoko HIMSELF... XD that guy is unbelievable...

A good anime is it? Hmm... I believe if you want a joke-for-fun anime, you should try Angel Beats! while for the serious one try Kara no Kyoukai

Wait what?
Jan 12, 2012 5:58 AM
Jan 2012
silver_gospel said:
Tepanyakigo said:
silver_gospel said:
Tepanyakigo said:
silver_gospel said:
Tepanyakigo said:
@Silver_Gospel

Wait what?

Sorry lol, I don't know that I somehow messed up the post!

I mean, there are several good animes that you should try to watch... (I don't know why my post lost that part...)
For example, Kara no Kyoukai the movie (but you need to pay extra attention while watching) and also (for killing time, not so serious plot-oriented anime) watching Carnival Phantasm is hilarious XD
Jan 12, 2012 3:28 PM

Dec 2011
Tepanyakigo said:
silver_gospel said:
Tepanyakigo said:
silver_gospel said:
Tepanyakigo said:
silver_gospel said:
Tepanyakigo said:
@Silver_Gospel

Wait what?

Sorry lol, I don't know that I somehow messed up the post!

I mean, there are several good animes that you should try to watch... (I don't know why my post lost that part...)
For example, Kara no Kyoukai the movie (but you need to pay extra attention while watching) and also (for killing time, not so serious plot-oriented anime) watching Carnival Phantasm is hilarious XD

Whats carnival phantasm? It has random characters...
Jan 12, 2012 3:39 PM
Dec 2007
Carnival Phantasm is an adaptation of the Take-Moon manga. Take-Moon is basically comedy skits using the characters of Type-Moon, especifically from Tsukihime, Kagetsu Tohya, Melty Blood, Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Hollow Ataraxia.

Jan 12, 2012 6:01 PM
Nov 2011
Dunno if this question fits in this board, but anyways here goes.

So I just finished Fate/Stay Night and since I am a retard I just blindly watched it before Fate/Zero because it was aired before. Now, is it worth watching Fate/Zero at all since I already know whats gonna happen? Does watching Fate/Stay Night spoil all the good stuff from Fate/Zero?
Jan 12, 2012 8:18 PM

Feb 2009
rukif said:
Dunno if this question fits in this board, but anyways here goes.

So I just finished Fate/Stay Night and since I am a retard I just blindly watched it before Fate/Zero because it was aired before. Now, is it worth watching Fate/Zero at all since I already know whats gonna happen? Does watching Fate/Stay Night spoil all the good stuff from Fate/Zero?
Well, you do know the fate of almost all of the characters of F/Z from the very beginning if you watched FSN first.
But that's the good thing. You know what happens to them but you don't know the way how they ended up in their fates.
Plus the characters are so compelling and likeable that knowing the end result doesn't stop you from rooting for most of them. It's a known fact now that Rider(F/Z) is the top favorite Servant of the 4th war.

Plus, watching F/Z first before watching FSN actually spoils you of most of the stuff in FSN like the issue with Sakura, Rin, Zouken and many more.
Watching FSN first before F/Z saves you that. Also, FSN came out first than F/Z. F/Z is more like a canon side story that just tells an untold tale of the 4th war that was told in passing in the 5th war. It's canon and yet it's a completely different story to FSN.
So yeah.
Jan 13, 2012 3:08 AM
Nov 2011
K, thanks for the answer. Thats what I really hoped anyway since I liked F/SN
Jan 28, 2012 4:20 PM

May 2011
There's already a sequel to Fate/Stay Night it's called Fate/Hollow Ataraxia, but it's only on a PC version.
Fate/Hollow Ataraxia takes place half a year after the events of Fate/Stay Night, that'll be cool if they turn the sequel to Fate/Stay Night into an anime series :)
Signature removed. Please check your private messages.
Jan 28, 2012 4:30 PM

Oct 2009
Didn't read through the thread so if it's still a question:

Excalibur = sword from the rock (the sword of promised victory).

Caliburn = sword from the Lady of the Lake
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 28, 2012 5:36 PM
Dec 2007
Yanoflies said:
Didn't read through the thread so if it's still a question:

Excalibur = sword from the rock (the sword of promised victory).

Caliburn = sword from the Lady of the Lake
LOL. If you want a more accurate answer from the writings about King Arthur, Caliburn and Excalibur are both the Sword from the Lady of the Lake. It was originally called Caliburn and further translations into other languages eventually morphed it into Excalibur.

Here you have a direct easy to follow quote about the subject:
"The name Excalibur apparently derives from the Welsh Caledfwlch which combines the elements caled ("battle, hard"), and bwlch ("breach, gap, notch"). Geoffrey of Monmouth Latinised this to Caliburnus (likely influenced by the medieval Latin spelling calibs of Classical Latin chalybs "steel"), the name of Arthur's sword in his 12th-century work Historia Regum Britanniae. Caliburnus or Caliburn became Excalibur, Escalibor, and other variations when the Arthurian legend entered into French literature."

Many movies call The sword of choosing, also known as the sword in the stone, as Excalibur but it's actually a nameless sword, or the Sword of the King. The original sword that inspired it however was called Gram which was a sword stuck in a legendary tree meant as a sword of choosing.

Anyway, in terms of Fate/Stay Night you got it backwards:

Caliburn = Sword of Choosing (sword in the stone) - Stopped Arthur's physical aging; weaker than Excalibur as king's swords are ussually more decorative than meant for pure battle. Breaks in battle and is replaced by Excalibur.
Excalibur = sword gifted by the Lady of the Lake/ Sword of Promised Victory..
Avalon = Excalibur's scabbard; provides partial immortality (won't age, fall to diseases and almost all injuries are instantly healed) and creates a perfect defense against any external attacks. Avalon is stolen by Arthur's half-sister.
Leon-GunJan 28, 2012 5:50 PM

Aug 4, 2016 5:51 AM
Apr 2016
How was Archer still alive in episode 24 of Fate Stay Night?
Dec 26, 2016 11:59 AM
Dec 2016
What does the holy grail actually do in fate stay night unlimited blade works?
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» VN fan are annoying as Hell

chevalierkraken - Apr 23

24 by chevalierkraken »»
6 hours ago

» Why do people consider 2006 Fate/Stay Night anime bad?

zckfox - May 13, 2023

45 by chevalierkraken »»
Yesterday, 10:10 AM

» Seriously bro

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Apr 9

10 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 10, 4:55 AM

Poll: » This or Unlimited Blade Works

Fukoku - Mar 28

13 by deg »»
Mar 31, 9:07 AM

Poll: » Fate/stay night Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ruzgfpegk - Jul 3, 2008

135 by ToG25thBaam »»
Mar 7, 8:25 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.