Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 20, 2011 10:16 PM

Feb 2009
Haha the manager is managing to make me look at her as the greatest villain in Frontier so far!

Sheryl is most likely going to survive somehow. There's yet to be a main death in the cast so it doesn't seem likely they have the guts to kill her off by a disease.

Anyway pretty good episode, I quite liked the ending and the space battles although I can't get over the fact that Ranka's singing or sound waves can't travel through the vacuum of space and that they are using it as a main plot device. I should be used to it in the Macross franchising... but it seems I had greater toleration with the original Macross.
VeethornDec 20, 2011 10:22 PM
Aug 6, 2012 11:48 AM

Sep 2011
LOL Sheryl's ex manager is so evil. Love it.
Aug 4, 2013 9:30 AM

Oct 2011
The new opening song is really nice, love it. :D

It's a bit hard what is happening to Sheryl.. and really, noone notices her on the street and answers with a reaction? That's a bit too hard considering that she is the greatest idol in the universe.

I really start to hate the antagonists and now the guy in charge who said the military could at least act as a shield really went up in my hating list. #1 Grace, #2 this guy, #3 Leon (right now).

So Sheryl is ill since long ago, I hope she survives and recovers because I ship for Alto x Sheryl. :)
Sep 1, 2014 12:48 AM

Sep 2013
So how exactly did Sheryl got infected? Did they infect her just for the experiment?
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Sep 21, 2014 4:50 PM

Nov 2012
Episode 18 is where this series get really good. More information is revealed about Sheryl's past and why Ranka has become the biggest star.
Nov 7, 2014 12:55 PM

Sep 2013
This was the best episode so far I think. During the the previous episodes the plot lost all direction, but it picked it up again. Sheryl walking in the rain was an emotional scene, and the whole folding operation during the second half was badass.

The second half reminded why I loved the original Macross so much, I hope I'll get more of that in the last episodes.
Aug 5, 2015 11:07 AM

Nov 2013
I really love the new opening in this episode!! It was actually the reason why I picked this anime in the first place after playing it a billion times on Taiko, but I'm glad to see that the animation in it is really good too.

Poor Sheryl tho :(
Aug 24, 2020 12:06 PM

Aug 2017
I almost squeaked when the OP started playing, it's the song I've heard before watching any Macross show! And the love triangle was represented by *literal* colored triangles xD

Why can't they consistently color Bobby's nails or just drop the idea of doing it altogether haha

Lol'd at CDs misspelling Sheryl's surname, "Noam". But of course the sales and those girls were used to show how Sheryl is gradually forgotten. She wasn't even recognized in the street (though it might be attributed to the rain).

Easter eggs on Klan's screen: "Kawamori official blog" and "Satelight home page"

I appreciate how that little pill found by Michel led to a whole investigation of its own with Klan!

Battle Frontier's insides looked like the bridge of Macross from DYRL o_O

What "plan" did Luca mention that was ruined by changing the time of the fold?

I just noticed that Ranka's photo on her ship lacks pants O_O And the brassiere is almost falling...Lewd! "Monster girl", lol

Captain Wilder: "You can't use the main cannon just for anything!"
Several minutes later: shoots the cannon

I couldn't see the smaller ships making the fold.

P.S. Didn't expect people on this thread to suggest that the cause of Sheryl's illness is her huge tits xD
St0rmbladeAug 24, 2020 12:09 PM
Mar 17, 2021 9:53 PM

Jan 2010
Well, that's a lot of coincidences happening all at once.

- Is Grace really going to let Sheryl die without keeping an eye on her? Was it really in her best interest to taunt and discard Sheryl like that, given how much Sheryl knows and how many important people she's connected with?
- Both Sheryl and Ranka were preceded by highly esteemed doctors researching a space virus that Sheryl was also infected with?
- Sheryl managed to end up in the exact library that Michael and Klan were holed up in to do research under the government's and military's noses?
- The Macross Frontier can create rain? Isn't that an egregious waste of water? In addition to all the Ranka advertisement going around and Sheryl's image being trampled like toilet paper, is the show purposefully trying to piss Sheryl off?
- Why did Michael and Klan let Sheryl wander off into the rain while dying of a disease? Even if they wanted Sheryl and Alto to meet on their own terms, wouldn't that still put Sheryl's life at risk?
- Off all the people that happened to find Sheryl wandering in the rain, did it have to be Alto's brother specifically?
- How did that Vajra emergency go off exactly when Alto was arguing with his brother about Sheryl, just in time to distract him for their car to drive off?

Lastly, saying Sheryl is "nothing but an idol" doesn't mean much in the context of Macross, where idols have saved the galaxy quite a number of times.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Macross F Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Westlo - Aug 1, 2008

60 by Dzentelmen2 »»
Oct 12, 2023 7:22 AM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

darkside099 - Jul 4, 2008

72 by sserpens »»
Mar 27, 2023 6:08 AM

Poll: » Macross Frontier Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

angel999 - Sep 11, 2008

98 by catfay »»
Feb 21, 2023 3:22 PM

Poll: » Macross F Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Westlo - May 15, 2008

72 by Antanaru »»
Dec 31, 2022 11:36 AM

Poll: » Macross Frontier Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

angel999 - Aug 21, 2008

123 by Fortress_Maximus »»
Nov 19, 2022 2:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.