Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2011 9:36 AM

Aug 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
And Shuurei's back!!! I especially love that part when Reishin and Ryuuren went to greet Kokujun, and everyone's like "wow..!"
Jun 29, 2012 1:30 PM

Apr 2009
I was like "Oh crap she broke protocol and started talking business! x_X" during the palace presentation. I think that was highly irregular even now in modern times but hey, whatever works right? XD

I feel weird seeing Ryuuki in his "imperial-cool-and-detached-mode" while treating with Shuurei but common sense dictates that was the proper way to act in the court, I miss seeing him acting restless and lovesick when it concerns Shuurei.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 25, 2013 5:35 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
^I'm pretty sure that's usually considered rude to do in such an event before the emperor, only because I used to watch a lot of historical dramas. I'm surprised they decided to bring it up at such a time. But good thing everything went well, with the support of many others like Hakumei, Kijin, the two other counselors (lol can't remember everyone's names D:)

But still, where's the love for Eigetsu? I mean sure she's the only governor that went to the palace, yet once again, seems like she's the only getting all the credit for that plan, as well as for taking care of the situation in Sa Province. I know she's the main character and all, but I would like it if they didn't glorify her so much it's almost like they're saying, "are you impressed by Shuurei now?"
Nov 14, 2013 11:51 PM

Dec 2012
Very special moment when Shuurei and the emperor first met, awwwww. That was a very intense moment though, between the emperor and Shuurei. I thought he was made at first, about the proposal, then I was like nawww he'll say yes.

I'm very excited to see how the plan works out, or at least I hope we're told what happens with the plan, and their province.

Last episode, legoooo
Jul 4, 2014 1:42 AM

Jul 2009
Another wonderful episode!!!

Yushun and Rin Sai are actually married!?!?!

Rin Sai reminds me of Kochou, mature body and big boobs and all XD

I do feel bad that she only saw her father Shoka for just a minute and didn't even ate for at least an hour or so.

Though Shoka knows she has her government face on and she has a lot of things to do. He probably didn't want to waver her focus for now.

Yeah it was surprising their discussing something on a middle of celebration, but if they want to get everyone's attention while being on the spotlight. Then this is definitely their perfect chance!

Finally Ryuuki and others acknowledge this plan. It might be a too grand for this plan. But amazing plans always start on something new.

Ryuuki couldn't contain seeing Shurei!! Shurei is definitely more beautiful than ever before!!

Sainkoku has a lot of future in store for them!!!

Last episode!! It's almost done T___T

Can't wait for the last episode!!
Jan 2, 2015 3:26 PM

Jul 2011
tingy said:
But still, where's the love for Eigetsu? I mean sure she's the only governor that went to the palace, yet once again, seems like she's the only getting all the credit for that plan, as well as for taking care of the situation in Sa Province. I know she's the main character and all, but I would like it if they didn't glorify her so much it's almost like they're saying, "are you impressed by Shuurei now?"

That aside, I think that scene with Shuurei presenting the reform plans to Ryuuki was nice. I like how it reflects their subordinate-ruler relationship and how they want to really push this proposal through. Though of course it was very reckless to do that because business should not be brought into celebrations (openly). I also enjoy Ryuuki's maturity as an emperor. You could clearly see he wanted to be his usual self with Shuurei and treat her like before, but he didn't, which makes me respect him just a bit more. Though the relative ease that the proposal was accepted for consideration was a bit ridiculous since they broke formalities, and all the councilors suddenly standing up for her was a bit silly too. (Again, she's glorified because she has everyone's full support. It's like the whole imperial court is on her side. Even before, anyone who was against her was automatically evil - that's not how politics is. There should be characters that dislike her and criticize her without having to be a villain...)

Saying that, I don't dislike the show. I just think there are (many) things that could have been done better. I'm glad Shuurei's finally governor and getting some work done though, it's about time.
MirorinJan 2, 2015 4:04 PM
Jul 23, 2016 1:08 PM

Mar 2010
Yes, I am also quite annoyed at how glorified Shuurei is. I really loved her in the beginning, but the constant praise - praise she doesn't really deserve - is slowly making me... well, not dislike her, that's too strong of a word, but I don't like her as much as I did initially.
Jan 9, 2017 5:12 AM

May 2014
Hahahaha... I burst out laughing when I saw Shuurei's dad pouring tea lol.

HAHAHAHAAHAHA! RYUUREN BECAME A SPLENDID PEACOCK NOW XD
Mar 20, 2019 5:53 AM

Apr 2009
"You're creepy"
-pffft, i couldn't stop laughing.
i really do wish he was in the anime more than he's been _X3

Ryuuren's great too, so all in all, the two most strange characters are the two i like the most out of this anime thus far _xD

I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Jun 17, 2021 3:18 PM
Aug 2020
The tense in the atmosphere when they saw each other for the first time in a while..... OMG!!! I felt that. When they wanted to hug each other OMG.... Ryuuki restraining himself!! Woaaahh
Jul 30, 2021 6:53 PM
Jun 2021
Three episodes crying... why do I care about Sa Sakujun? I somehow get Shuurei.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Saiunkoku Monogatari Episode 33 Discussion

tofei - Jun 28, 2012

5 by Bidoof_PMD-EOS »»
Mar 22, 7:47 AM

» Which other anime feature an official as the protagonist ?

KingSunWukong - Jan 24

1 by Amuvlet »»
Mar 5, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Saiunkoku Monogatari Episode 3 Discussion

bluegummiworms - Jan 8, 2009

16 by agricheria »»
Mar 3, 4:38 AM

Poll: » Saiunkoku Monogatari Episode 19 Discussion

CrackityJones - Oct 26, 2010

12 by korogoro »»
Jul 18, 2023 6:12 PM

Poll: » Saiunkoku Monogatari Episode 35 Discussion

yuzuru19 - Jun 14, 2009

32 by savvyg »»
Feb 16, 2023 5:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.