Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 6, 2012 8:51 PM

Apr 2008
Man did Ridhe just pull a 180. I really can't see any way for him to survive the coming storm. I think He and Audrey are just perfect for each other though, and the less of her around the better. I have never understood why Mineva just keeps dodging the bullet.

I have high hopes for something amazing coming out of the Marida Cruz side of the story. However, the track record of the Plu series begs to differ. Should be interesting to see what she can do now that she's in control of an N-TD though. Realistically Banagher wouldn't have a chance against her in outright combat, but here's hoping that's where the 'true newtype' subplot will shine through. I've been banking on something amazing coming out of that ever since the first dialogue about it in the first episode. I've always wanted to see the empathy of a newtype explored better.

It's Gundam though, so god only knows what's going to be left after the 'kill-em-all' sorts them out.
Jan 9, 2012 2:40 PM

Jul 2010
Hopefully Banagher's balls will drop in the next episode.
Jan 25, 2012 12:59 PM

Apr 2009
Ah damn, I was late watching this episode because RL keeps interfering with my time management for watching anime. Anyway, I appreciate that the battles between the mobile suit grunts on both sides were a little better with the gory and gritty details but I find myself in agreement with Jigero's analogy of pitting Shermans against Abrams.

martin03345 said:
The only saving grace was Bright Noa being there.

Ah yes, a certain Captain Bright Noa indeed... remember our discussion back in Episode 2 http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=268670&show=60 about a year ago...

martin03345 said:
Trust me, I love Bright, love him to death, but he won't be making a cameo, gurantee it. Seiyuu being dead is a good enough excuse for him not to come back. Plus with the whole nostalgia of Char being here and his seiyuu there still, I doubt they'd try and get someone else, even if the role was small

I guess now that resolves our old discussion nicely then. XD

Old bartender said:
I guess there are some who can work for the greater good at their own expense, but there's something shady about it. Like that Char guy with the Neo Zeon. He said he was fighting for the good of everyone, even while he was dropping asteroids on us.

Well that's just good ol' Char. At least Mineva thinks the coffee was worth all the trouble going down to Earth, eh?
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jan 30, 2012 5:29 PM

Aug 2008
This episode f*cking rocked! I'm really impressed by Banagher and that ass whooping he put on that Zeon captain. The sad thing is that he almost got Loni to stop, twice. Too bad in the end she "sees the tears of time" right next to her predecessors Lalah, Four, et cetera, et cetera. The action was amazing. We got some spectacular, gritty, brutal OYW combat and some ace pilot butt kicking. I want to know who was piloting that Byalant Custom. He was BEAST the whole battle. 5/5 easy. Stuff like this illustrates why I say AGE is only a solid/above average series. Because it doesn't leave the impression on me that Unicorn does.

I'll admit the different formats and budgets make a difference, too.

Feb 3, 2012 10:51 AM

Feb 2008
Amazing.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Feb 29, 2012 7:35 PM

Apr 2008
tofei said:
Ah damn, I was late watching this episode because RL keeps interfering with my time management for watching anime. Anyway, I appreciate that the battles between the mobile suit grunts on both sides were a little better with the gory and gritty details but I find myself in agreement with Jigero's analogy of pitting Shermans against Abrams.

martin03345 said:
The only saving grace was Bright Noa being there.

Ah yes, a certain Captain Bright Noa indeed... remember our discussion back in Episode 2 http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=268670&show=60 about a year ago...

martin03345 said:
Trust me, I love Bright, love him to death, but he won't be making a cameo, gurantee it. Seiyuu being dead is a good enough excuse for him not to come back. Plus with the whole nostalgia of Char being here and his seiyuu there still, I doubt they'd try and get someone else, even if the role was small

I guess now that resolves our old discussion nicely then. XD

Old bartender said:
I guess there are some who can work for the greater good at their own expense, but there's something shady about it. Like that Char guy with the Neo Zeon. He said he was fighting for the good of everyone, even while he was dropping asteroids on us.

Well that's just good ol' Char. At least Mineva thinks the coffee was worth all the trouble going down to Earth, eh?

And I was wrong like usual lol
Mar 11, 2012 12:49 AM

Feb 2012
Jigero said:
Okay I'm mad now, they need to fucking cool it with the new type attraction already, When it was with Mineva was like okay that ones, I'll let it slide, then it was with Miriada I was like "wtf... maybe some kind of triangle?... I'll let this pan out" and now this bitch? Banhager is kinda coming off like a new type slut. On top of that this bitch bare a pretty striking resemblance to Lala Sune.

Also this is getting pretty much close to Zeon Fanfiction at this point. Fucking Trained Federation Pilots in god damn suits comparable if not more power full then RX-78-2 with fucking beam weapons, getting fucking steam rolled by antiquated One Year Era Mobile mobile suits using One Year War Era armor and Shell weaponry, being piloted by fucking old men who probably haven't even touched a mobile suit in decades.

Fucking Dom Tropens, Zaku I's , Zaku II's and Z-GOKs, Oh and their was one Jelgoog(the only suit in the entire bunch that kinda might be able to put up a fight) are you fucking kidding me? I would have maybe bought it if they used Gorilla tactics, but no they went on in head to head fight.

This would be the equivalent of an army of Sherman Tanks stream rolling an Army of Abrams in a head to head battle.

Also who why piloting the Byalant Custom and what was it doing there? it just popped out of no where. Did they just shoe horn it in so they can make a toy?
I was honestly surprised the Federation suits didn't put up more of a fight, they just kind of stood there while the Zeon suits tore them to shreds. I mean sure they had the surprise attack on them, but after a while it gets a bit ridiculous in the heat of battle they should have been able to evade a little and counter; taking out a few suits shouldn't be too hard with all the training I'm assuming the pilots went through. The one suit(Byalant?) that did anything made up for all the terrible pilots in that battle.
Oct 9, 2012 8:24 AM

Jul 2009
Unicorn just keeps getting better and better. This episode was pure god tier stuff.
Dec 13, 2012 3:05 AM

Mar 2009
Wow this came out a year ago? I haven't watched it...
Mar 19, 2013 5:58 AM

Aug 2010
Them Grunt battles were stunning. Definitely God Tier!

Zaku Sniper goin to work
Mar 29, 2013 11:17 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
The reason why he can't shoot was simply because of the high level of telepathic empathy he possess (due to Newtype abilities).

The only reason why humans can kill other humans is because they are lacking that empathetic link. Of course it's easy to "man-up" to kill others. The hard part is to stop the killing not participating in it.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 13, 2014 9:48 AM

Jun 2013
Banagher-kun, you can't talk things out and "understand each other" during a war. If there's a war that means talking things out already failed. Grow up and stop whining, kid.

The only one who was able to make everyone understand each other is Setsuna, and you don't have what it takes to be an intergalactic Jesus.
May 19, 2014 6:32 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Not a bad OVA, in the first part we talk about things that often appear in anime committed, as the fate of the earth and the land themselves, how they can change everything and where to find the solution. Beautiful everything, I hope this can get into people's heads.
Second part bloody and avaricious human warmth, blood and debris shedding mecha everywhere, too bad that yet another charismatic character (Loni) face a painful death and dramatic.
Banagher always makes me more angry, because it finds its balance, it seems always at the mercy of the waves. I hate those who do not know which side to take.
A little hesitant about the behavior of the commander Zinnerman somewhat incomprehensible.
Not to be outdone pisses me off even the character of Riddhe.
Drawings and animations very nice, mecha interesting, I'm curious to find out who was driving the unit RX-160S Byarlant Custom.
May 20, 2014 12:02 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Baman said:
Bah. The battles could have been awesome, but as usual, the trite old rehashed melodrama and Banagher's naive preaching let's it down.
Not to mention the way they snap the suspension of disbelief by having Banagher being trusted by the Sleeves and allowed to launch just like that.

I agree. This episode felt a lot weaker than the previous ones.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 20, 2014 12:14 PM

Jun 2013
Marzan said:
Baman said:
Bah. The battles could have been awesome, but as usual, the trite old rehashed melodrama and Banagher's naive preaching let's it down.
Not to mention the way they snap the suspension of disbelief by having Banagher being trusted by the Sleeves and allowed to launch just like that.

This episode was oldschool fanservice. We got to see so many old grunt suits in action for the first time in forever, and several MSV's make their first animated appearance. The battle of the grunts was just simply amazing.
ex_necrossMay 20, 2014 12:17 PM
May 21, 2014 3:05 AM

Jan 2009
too much melodrama from the mc. he needs to shut up sometimes.

4/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
May 23, 2014 3:37 PM

Jun 2012
Oh! I just loved the interaction between Banagher and the captain. And I seriously thought for a second that Banagher was going to get through to Lodi. :( Even so there must have been another way, if only Riddhe had just waited another minute instead of acting like a badass for the first time since the series started.
May 23, 2014 10:23 PM

Jun 2010
Gundam's always telling us how bad the Federation is but always showing how horrible Zeon-types are. They at least come off as as the much greater of two evils and yet the show tries to get us to think that everyone's wrong.

Gundam has always been clumsy.
May 24, 2014 4:29 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
ex_necross said:
Marzan said:
Baman said:

This episode was oldschool fanservice. We got to see so many old grunt suits in action for the first time in forever, and several MSV's make their first animated appearance. The battle of the grunts was just simply amazing.

Yes, the battle with the old grunts was pretty good (I have seen the classic stuff too so don't condescend me) but the preaching and wailing by Banagher that had been absent in previous episodes made this weaker than it could have been.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 24, 2014 9:14 AM

Jun 2013
Marzan said:
ex_necross said:
Marzan said:
Baman said:

Yes, the battle with the old grunts was pretty good (I have seen the classic stuff too so don't condescend me) but the preaching and wailing by Banagher that had been absent in previous episodes made this weaker than it could have been.

This is textbook Gundam lol, always gotta have those speeches
May 30, 2014 10:47 AM

Sep 2011
absolutly incredible, from the great character development in the first half to the outstanding EVERYTHING in its 2nd half, the show has wowed me but this is the first time its really swept me off my feet.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 4, 2014 2:16 AM

Jul 2008
I find it ironic how Banagher keep asking people "is this what u really want? is this what the real u want?" when he does have not a single clue on what he wants to do himself.

Oh ya and another thing is it me or is it that every time Banagher opens his mouth he sounds more and more like a hypocrite with each and every word this is just one of them "brute force doesn't solve anything" ya tell that to the captain u just beat and Mairda u dam near killed because she wouldn't listen to u and lets see the other what 3-4 people you've killed so far.
After I Crush Your Dreams......
Your Bones Will Follow......
Aug 12, 2014 10:35 PM

Jan 2010
Once again, a Gundam pilot has to stop a female with enhanced abilities in a giant mobile suit but ultimately gets gun downed by the rival.

This is one of my favorite episodes of the series not sure why it got so much hate. Yes I know it was different from the novel but still pretty good. The only thing I would have changed would be to give Banagher and Loni more time together.
Jan 29, 2015 7:05 PM

Nov 2009
That was a great episode, Was really impressed with the development of Banagher and I think he is a great character, I don't think much of Riddhe though, Hes a bit of a creep.
Feb 22, 2015 6:33 PM

Aug 2010
Great episode. Show just keeps on getting better. I totally see where Banagher was coming from and didn't find him preaching annoying at all. He has his own beliefs and he sticks to them. I didn't like him much in the first two episodes when all he did was say Audrey's name. Now I am really liking his character.

Nice cliffhanger at the end with the black unicorn.

5/5 as usual.
Apr 19, 2015 9:25 AM

Nov 2013
I picked up gundam a couple months back and marathoned most of UC just to get to this cause I heard nothing but good things about it.

I have no regrets.
Jul 18, 2015 12:43 AM

Aug 2013
amazing episode every episode is so great with all the references
huh
Aug 19, 2015 1:13 AM

Jul 2009
Amazing episode, but kinda slow at first.

Riddhe falling to Mineva was not surprising, but the development was fast as hell.

Marida seems to be prone to hallucinations as clones as usual.

Man i thought Banagher was badass and he even did a Kamille moment with the captain with him kicking and punching him, but he's such a wimp. Everyone cries in battle, but seems he can't even pull the trigger when you need the most. At least Riddhe took the matters into his own hands.

I kinda lol'd when he stole his rifle beam and shot it himself.

Loni is obviously Rosamia. Even piloted a similar Dragon Head suit. Even Banagher tried to stop her, but at least Kamille did pulled the trigger unlike Banagher.

Bright Noa is back, but he seems serious here. Can't blame him if they keep sending him away from his family Mirai and kids.

Lol'd Riddhe saw Amuro's photo. I wonder if they knew the famous white devil?

Can't wait for the next episode!!! Black Unicorn WHAT!?!
Dec 18, 2015 7:13 AM

Nov 2012
Liked Banagher's character development in the first half.

Do find some things Banagher spouts are really hypocritical like @Takala stated above.

Riddhe doing what Banagher couldn't,kinda rash though (they probably could've handled this situation in a different manner).
Feb 8, 2016 7:52 AM

Feb 2014
This episode made me hate Banagher man up you wimp
May 18, 2016 8:05 PM

Jun 2013
Definitely the best episode so far!
Jul 13, 2016 3:11 AM

Jul 2008
BRIGHT IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was just an orgy of Zeon suits for that battle.

And now we have a Black Unicorn, lovely.
Aug 21, 2016 6:32 AM

Jan 2014
Jigero said:
Okay I'm mad now, they need to fucking cool it with the new type attraction already, When it was with Mineva was like okay that ones, I'll let it slide, then it was with Miriada I was like "wtf... maybe some kind of triangle?... I'll let this pan out" and now this bitch? Banhager is kinda coming off like a new type slut. On top of that this bitch bare a pretty striking resemblance to Lala Sune.

Also this is getting pretty much close to Zeon Fanfiction at this point. Fucking Trained Federation Pilots in god damn suits comparable if not more power full then RX-78-2 with fucking beam weapons, getting fucking steam rolled by antiquated One Year Era Mobile mobile suits using One Year War Era armor and Shell weaponry, being piloted by fucking old men who probably haven't even touched a mobile suit in decades.

Fucking Dom Tropens, Zaku I's , Zaku II's and Z-GOKs, Oh and their was one Jelgoog(the only suit in the entire bunch that kinda might be able to put up a fight) are you fucking kidding me? I would have maybe bought it if they used Gorilla tactics, but no they went on in head to head fight.
Good to know I'm not the only one that was thrown off by the Federation forces having such a hard time against outdated ass Zeon MSs. I mean, I know the 0079 nostalgics will be pleased with the appearance of these old ass suits, but it kinda hurts my suspension of disbelief a little.

Also, can someone please explain to me how Riddhe just fell in love with Mineva over the course of a few days? I know she's the kind of person who leaves a very strong impression, but is that alone enough to justify all the whining and moping around he indulged in during their time at the Marcenas mansion? He barely even talked to her, and now he wants to get married and run away with her? Nah nah, hmm hmm, I ain't buying this shit. And as if it weren't enough already, he now finds a way to pin the blame for all the recent events on my boi Banagher? Negro please, get a hold of yourself. And now I can't help but thinking that he's gonna become some kind of antagonist at some point, because this is UC Gundam and in UC Gundam you never miss an occasion to take things into the most possibly stupid direction.

Now about Banagher: surprisingly enough, I'm a-okay with his development this episode. He went full Kamille on the Sleeve soldiers and that Loni bitch, but it didn't seem out of character for him to do so. He's just a kid who's got every reason to be appalled by and reject the reality of the situation, so the beating he gave to Marida's master followed by the classic talk-no-justu he used on Loni felt well-earned. I'm glad that for one, the emotionally unstable Newtype woman completely gave in to the negativity that dwelled within her and pressed on with her attack until she got killed. It reminded me a bit of Masai from Gundam ZZ, that African woman who, while spared by Judau and his clique, was left completely hollow and without a raison d'être after her only means to avenge her man's death was destroyed. It's sad, but it's reality, and sometimes even the most empathetic and sympathetic attempt to reach out to someone else won't work. Banagher may have learned that the hard way, but the lesson was valuable.
SapewlothSep 7, 2016 6:39 AM
Proud founder of The Official Anti-Ging Freecss Fan Club Join now!
Kellhus said:
GuusWayne said:
there is a limit to the suspension of disbelief

And it's the fan that did it. Not the smoking porn reading rubik cube genius rape ape with a magic boat.
Nov 24, 2016 1:01 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The sadness, the sadness.... Sad, the war death innocents ; _ ;

Banagher are very sensitive :(

Black Unicorn??!!! Wow!!!
Mar 10, 2017 11:49 PM
Oct 2010
Sapewloth said:
Jigero said:

Good to know I'm not the only one that was thrown off by the Federation forces having such a hard time against outdated ass Zeon MSs. I mean, I know the 0079 nostalgics will be pleased with the appearance of these old ass suits, but it kinda hurts my suspension of disbelief a little.

This is an old post but I was rewatching this the other day and it's easy to tell why the Federation forces were losing at the start.

It was literally because they were caught by surprise, nothing more, nothing less. This is emphasized with a few scenes, but also by the way the battle played out.

1. Kirks was taking out most of the support forces and those that were trying to deploy via sniping.

2. The attack itself was a surprise because they'd never expect a frontal assault by zeon remnants on a base.

3. The moment the Byarlant came on the scene the battle instantly shifted over to the federation side. I mean this dude took out most of the ones that made it to the base by himself (if not all).

4. When the tri-stars came they commented how it's a walking museum and they easily mopped them up the ones that were still outside the base. It wasn't even a battle at that point, they got straight annihilated and that's why kirks said it was time to leave.

5. They also accounted for how weak the zeon machines were, did you see how many times they had to hit that Guncannon detector to take it out? Shit they even hit the byarlant in the back with a sniper hit and it didn't do anything at all.
Nov 9, 2017 7:51 PM
Jul 2018
Out of the four Gundam protagonists I've seen so far, they've all been obnoxious, whiny, overly dramatic brats. This series would be better if Full Frontal were the protagonist.
Mar 4, 2018 4:27 PM

May 2015
Aside from the serious tone of this episode... the wide range of different mobile suits showcased in this episode is a fan orgasm...

Wow since War in the pocket & 8th MS (chronological order & the ones that I watched) the theme of all Zeon soldiers are bad guys weren’t explored/portrayed like this (I’m not counting Thunderbolt because is the newest of the 4) and this type of in show debate/talk is what I like the most in my Gundam…

Talking about the serious tone. It was sad seeing all of those civilian’s deaths and some soldiers being a slave of their past/parents.
Feb 3, 2019 6:24 AM

Jul 2016
No love for the return of Bright!?! I thought I would see an orgasm of "Brighhhhhhht!" posts. Very disappointed in ya'll ;).

So.. I was confused during the majority of this episode. Things are being mentioned that I spent the majority of the time going "Huh?" I'm just having trouble remembering the past UC story lines.. with that said, I like this show so much that I do want to go back and watch all the previous UC shows. The care and love put into this show makes me really want to appreciate it.

Riddhe falling in love with Mineva, even by Gundam standards, was a little ridiculous.. but they did travel from the moon to earth together, so that would take a good chunk of time to get to know someone.. right.

I will say Banagher has been okay so far. He has the classic protagonist "brat" characteristics, but like a previous poster stated above, it isn't out of character. The fist fight with him and Marida was friggin awesome.

What did annoy me was the ending.. Jesus Banagher, when push comes to shove, he had to blow that bitch away.. instead he could not do it, even though seeing THOUSANDS of innocent people dying around him.
Feb 21, 2019 8:19 AM

Dec 2013
Wow, the Captain dude got his tail whooped! Anyway this was a very good episode. I've always loved seeing the mobile suits fight in the city and the destruction to the buildings looked amazing.
Jul 20, 2019 3:19 AM

May 2018
It was so absurdly edgy I almost started hearing Naruto tunes

Aug 28, 2019 3:54 AM

Jan 2017
Talk no Jutsu is really powerful
“A detective who corners a culprit with their reasoning and drives them to suicide in front of himself – is no different than a murderer.”
– Shinichi Kudo
Jun 6, 2020 4:42 PM
May 2020
Great episode minus the forced attraction toward Mineva by Riddhe, which takes me back to all the terrible forced romances of past gundam series. Not to mention Mineva is 16 and this dude is in his mid 20's, but I guess series in the past have flirted with underage shit like this before. Luckily it wasnt dwelled on for that long, but now I wouldnt really care if Riddhe just died in the next episode.

I almost always complain about preachy pacifist MC's in Gundam, but the interactions the MC had in this I was actually ok with given the context of everything that was going on, specifically with the captain. When it spilled over to Loni is when it became overkill, to the point that he was actually willing to sacrifice millions of lives just so he wouldnt have to pull the trigger, which is a big wtf.

Overall though this is finally looking like a gundam series other than Origin that I can say is great. On to the next episode.
Jul 7, 2020 1:12 PM

Aug 2017
Immensely enjoyed the lengthy dialogues in this episode (Mineva and the bartender, Banagher and Captain Zinnerman). Even cried during the last one. Such a big “father figure“' is definitely not going to survive. Though his status as such a figure for Banagher got quickly undone by his actions during the military operation (killing of civilians and all that)

The awakening of dormant Zeon forces in Africa and South America (I think) was cool to watch, as well as the general shift of action to Earth.

Brighto-san :3 He’s so chubby in this OVA haha. There’s even a portrait of Amuro in his room! It's very sad though that Suzuoki Hirotaka, Bright's original seiyuu, died in 2006, and it's the first Gundam series, I think, where Bright is voiced by another person.
Even Torrington base got caught in Zeon attacks! It was the first location of Gundam 0083! Not a mecha fanboy but this was really well-animated. The idea with having a sniper mobile suit in the air was innovative and enjoyable too. But what was that purple ninja mobile suit with reverse grip on a dagger lmao. This grip doesn't make sense in martial arts.

One thing that felt a bit forced though is Loni’s character (blue-haired girl piloting the big red mobile armor, which looked kinda ridiculous btw). Though I admit that Loni is complementary to the whole idea of this episode (the never-ending cycle of hatred and vengeance), and I teared up a bit when Banagher came out and told her to stop, despite the fact that it was obvious that she'd die. Still, such a standoff would be more impactful with more backstory for Loni. And what about her father? Will he be important?

Well, Riddhe's emotional confession to Mineva was also kinda forced, I concede.

All in all: awesome action, but inconsistent drama (sometimes good, like when the characters just chill and talk; sometimes forced, when they scream at each other and all that). I'm also not sure that making the Fed forces slaughter an entire city is a realistic enough motivation to "justify" the bloodthirst of Zeon remnants.
St0rmbladeJul 7, 2020 1:58 PM
Oct 29, 2020 7:51 AM

Nov 2019
well that was an amazing episode, an the fight scenes were something else (they were wow)

i really tried to stay neutral throughout but i'm with Zeon, i also hope Marida is alright

i also kinda like how Banagher isn't an emotionless mc
Mar 20, 2021 1:29 PM

Nov 2016
Wow, this was incredible.

From various dialogues to the tension of the battlefield, it was so engaging.
Especially the clash of the characters with all their conflicted beliefs and feelings in this never ending cycle of hatred.

It's a complicated world yet Banagher won't easily submit to it like others who threw away their humanity. Then again, he's still young and inexperienced.

RIP Loni, tho

She felt a bit shoehorned for this episode, but I loved the emotions (guess I'm a sucker for melodrama) Felt like tearing up when she was freed.

PS: Nice Amuro pic lol. I'm glad I watched the other Universal Century Gundams before.
FMmatronMar 20, 2021 1:32 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 2, 2021 4:17 AM

Apr 2016
Worst part of this episode was all of the talking. Too much philosphozing and navel gazing, not enough actual plot advancement. If you cut out the navel gazing, then this easily could have been a 20 minute long TV episode (Banagher and the Garcenaries crash land in a desert, Zeon Resistance launches an operation in Australia, Banagher's confrontation with Loni). Too much talking seems to be a recurring weak point of Unicorn.

Most awesome part of the episode was when the Zeon Resistance mobilized. Around the world, ancient 15 year old mobile suits from the OYA rise up and conerge on Australia for one final operation. Zeon soldiers covering each other's backs like old war buddies.

Interesting how one of the Zeon Resistance bases was... the original Argama in Europe? Wouldn't the Argama be a symbol of one of Zeon's enemies?

I don't quite get how Char/Full Frontal was able to get the Zeon Resistance to mobilize in the first place, though. Is the Resistance on Earth forgetting the fact that Char tried dropping a giant rock on them just 3 years ago?

Fuck Riddhe. Also fuck him for victim blaming.

entropy13 said:
argilium said:
the mass production mobile suit battles are so sick.. classic Zeon suits and and even Federation suits have never been depicted in such detailed fashion while fighting.. they're not cannon fodders here.. and what looks to be a Byalant Custom stole most of the action scenes and he's good at it, another unknown badass pilot, kinda like the Stark Jegan from ep1..

Isn't it being hinted that those Ensemble Darkhorses were with Bright Noa years before already?

No, the Byarlant was from the local Feddie garrison. Bright's forces didn't arrive until later.

Jigero said:

This would be the equivalent of an army of Sherman Tanks stream rolling an Army of Abrams in a head to head battle.

martin03345 said:
And Jigero hit the hammer on the head about the battle of this episode. Zeon fan fiction with Zeon steam rolling Federation forces like that. May have looked cool to see all that stuff animated so well and what not, still doesn't make sense though

Blacklordlucil said:
I was honestly surprised the Federation suits didn't put up more of a fight, they just kind of stood there while the Zeon suits tore them to shreds. I mean sure they had the surprise attack on them, but after a while it gets a bit ridiculous in the heat of battle they should have been able to evade a little and counter; taking out a few suits shouldn't be too hard with all the training I'm assuming the pilots went through. The one suit(Byalant?) that did anything made up for all the terrible pilots in that battle.

Blacklordlucil said:

Guys, we've already seen this exact same situation in 083 Stardust Memory: Zeon Remnants comprised of Zeon OYA veterans in "crappy suits" like OYA era Goufs assault a Feddie base in Australia and curbstomp the local garrison of newbie Feddie pilots, despite the Feddie pilots supposedly having better tech, who just stand there looking shocked as it is their first time in combat. The disparity in tech isn't that insane. The Byarlant ace aside, the Feddie mobile suits didn't seem to be noticeably different in physical capabilities than the Zeon suits. The Zeon pilots having actual combat experience was the deciding factor. These Zeon guys fought in the OYA and have been fighting Feddie forces for the past 15 years. The Feddies seem to be newbies who are shocked at their first time in combat.

Jigero said:
Also who why piloting the Byalant Custom and what was it doing there? it just popped out of no where. Did they just shoe horn it in so they can make a toy?

The Byarlant seems to have been an actual experienced pilot (unlike the other Feddie mobile suits which were all obviously newbs). He was probably either a veteran of the OYA or the Gryps Conflict and served as an instructor at the local Feddie base.

Jigero said:
Also the Shamblo was all levels of insulting to my intelligence. "wait a minute you Zeon fucks actually went out of your fucking way to build a massive AMPHIBIOUS mobile armor? You guys really know how to spend your budget."

The only plausible explanation is that they got it from Haman Karn during the First Neo Zeon War that took place in ZZ, and then when Psychoframe technology was refined in the Second Neo Zeon War during CCA, the plans for the tech was transmitted to them and they did a little extra work overhauling the cockpit to incorporate the tech.

shakeyourpup45 said:
~ It was nice to see Bright (he seems drawn weird. Was that just me?).

Different artstyle.

Sapewloth said:
Also, can someone please explain to me how Riddhe just fell in love with Mineva over the course of a few days? I know she's the kind of person who leaves a very strong impression, but is that alone enough to justify all the whining and moping around he indulged in during their time at the Marcenas mansion? He barely even talked to her, and now he wants to get married and run away with her? Nah nah, hmm hmm, I ain't buying this shit. And as if it weren't enough already, he now finds a way to pin the blame for all the recent events on my boi Banagher? Negro please, get a hold of yourself. And now I can't help but thinking that he's gonna become some kind of antagonist at some point, because this is UC Gundam and in UC Gundam you never miss an occasion to take things into the most possibly stupid direction.

He's delusional. He envisions himself as a knight in shining armor who will rescue the princess and defend herself against evil. He will disregard any facts that are inconvenient to his reality.

Banagher also has an unhealthy fixation on Mineva, but of a different sort. Banagher seems to want to become Mineva's willing slave.

Neither Banagher nor Riddhe seem to truky love Mineva. They don't give a damn about her feelings. To them, Mineva only exists to fulfill a need in their life: for Riddhe he is the object of his delusions and to Banagher she provides instruction, telling him what he should do next. Mineva seems to think of both men as tools. This is perhaps the most loveless "love triangle" I've ever seen in fiction, where nobody actually gives a damn about the other person. Ironically, Banagher and Riddhe have the most "true" connection thus far, showcasing true camaraderie this episode and looking out for each other's wellbeing, though it's platonic.
Jul 18, 2021 11:28 AM

Jun 2014
Sadly, Banagher wasn't able to reason with Loni. Those who tried to reason with those types in the past have also failed.

Also, it's great to see Bright again. He hasn't changed much.

Aug 1, 2022 11:00 AM

Dec 2015
This episode certainly had its moments, especially those with Mineva Zabi in it, and the fight for the base at the end.

But all these moral speeches are not my thing. They were pretty boring, and allmost made me fall asleep, which may have happened (in this and/or previous episodes), because I feel like I have missed crucial parts of the plot. Mainly, what the story is actually about.
Then... why is the death of Loni so emphasized? I barely know her, why should I care? Generally, I think there are too many characters with too little characterization.
Banagher is the most developed. He keeps lamenting. That would be forgiveable if he had some redeeming qualities. Worse is that he seems to jump between camps without repercussions. Whiny backstabber.
Then the story. I neither understand the tactical objectives of the attacks, nor the overall objective of the fighting parties. It must have to do with that Laplace thing, but what was that again? I must have missed it.

Maybe it will make sense in the end. Until then, 3 points for Mineva and the fight scenes.
Sep 3, 2022 9:04 PM

Aug 2020
Such a cinematic episode with the epic music and clean sakuga. This series is shaping up to be one of my favourites in the franchise.

「 𝕂𝕖𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕙𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕔𝕖𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕕𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕟𝕖𝕤𝕤, 𝕤𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕞𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕞 」

Sep 21, 2022 6:20 AM

Jul 2014
Weakest episode so far, falling into a lot of the issues with a Gundam series' writing that this one had so far avoided such as wasting time in the desert (does every Gundam series go there halfway through?), having the main character preach "war is bad" for a good ten minutes, then having said character develop an immediate connection with a cyber Newtype he's just met and then try and fail to talk them down in the middle of battle and cause tons of preventable deaths because of it.

This episode also firmly highlighted my real problem with Newtypes beyond the occasional dumb moment like Judau's "beast aura" in ZZ: the "Newtype connection" shortcuts character development, fast-tracks character connections and basically provides the writers an easy cop-out answer to any questions the show leaves.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TechnicsMKII - Oct 29, 2010

117 by Ten »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

MikelAL93 - May 16, 2014

297 by DivineLion »»
Mar 24, 4:57 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Ranlos - Mar 6, 2011

86 by TheRestlessOne »»
Dec 25, 2023 12:26 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TechnicsMKII - Feb 19, 2010

215 by StateofOhayo »»
Oct 19, 2023 5:47 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

stAtic91 - Mar 2, 2013

70 by Neemesis_2 »»
Sep 23, 2023 5:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.