Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 18, 2011 9:55 AM

Jan 2011
if u are the only capable guy in a lost island/continent, it is bad idea to injure yourself...

the drama level gone up but i guess it is neccessary for them all to let it out and able to understand and accept each other better

not surprise Izumo is joining with Gekko
Nov 22, 2011 6:42 AM

May 2011
Emo kid.
I definitely have superpowers. I can feel it in my balls.
Jan 26, 2012 6:30 AM
May 2009
Cried at Eureka/Renton "please smile" scene, gets me every friggin' time.
Jurgens speech was quite epic, also Dominiiic... Gekkostate's reaction was funny.
Also, "No smoking here". Another reference to the original Macross? Haha.
Apr 4, 2012 7:00 AM

Feb 2012
Renton started to piss me off from some point I don't remember (I marathon this).
There are plotholes or logic holes like why didn't they fucking kill Dewey when they had the chance.
The last few episodes and the whole Earth thing are pissing me off, too and now Maurice with his Oedipus complex and a rifle in his hand, ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!
Eureka 7 gets undeniably worse, so much that I for the first time posted my opinion on of the episodes.
Apr 5, 2012 10:10 AM

Mar 2011
Rebellion? Hell yeah.
Apr 8, 2012 12:41 PM

Apr 2009
Everything looks hopeful again. Haha, just kidding.
Apr 10, 2012 11:33 PM
Jan 2011
You Go Jurgens!
Apr 27, 2012 9:14 PM

Jan 2011
The kids were actually an important part of Eureka understanding humans (and becoming one). And yes, kids can act out quite a bit when a new partner for their one parent appears on the scene, even if they aren't suffering from PTSD with all the baggage that these three have.

It looks like Dewey doesn't care who is against him as long as the robot children are still onside. I don't know who I want to see kill him more, Dominic or Holland.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

May 12, 2012 12:09 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Emo psycho kids is what we have here.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 8, 2012 2:01 PM

Apr 2011
The kids suck... Worst designed characters EVER. Renton wasn't acting that bad this time, he actually did some things right... And I'm glad the military is joining up with the gekko but seriously, the kids were a terrible idea to throw into this story, the whole story has not benefited one bit from them...
Jul 29, 2012 1:59 PM

Mar 2012
Renton should have used the rock to beat Maurice to death - what a little shit.

And I'm glad about Dominic, I knew he was going to join the gekko, but I feel bad for him if he doesn't end up with Anemone.
"We're nothing more than fools and whores with sad highs"
Sep 21, 2012 3:54 AM

May 2010
Never noticed that that was Sumner and Ruri in the beginning, would be nice to know what they were doing during all of this.
Nov 25, 2012 11:04 AM

Sep 2010
Hell yeah the captain and Dominic joined the Gekko! Rebellion time! Everyone's reaction to Dominic talking about Anemone was hilarious. He is so adorable I really hope these two end up happy if not then I'M DONE!

I don't hate the kids, but they are annoying as fuck though. Maurice is the less annoying though imo.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Jan 19, 2013 9:29 AM
Jan 2010
hznu said:
Maurice is a loser with a oedipus complex. I liked the scene where he pussied out on the rock-hit thing.

Next ep seems interesting...wonder what happened to Renton..

yeah, this, and look at the other kids

it's like they have downs or something.

Eureka is STILL completely irrational and annoying.
Renton doesn't have the balls to snipe those kids in the face so they could finally be alone.

Why am I watching this again? Oh yeah, Anemone.
Mar 8, 2013 2:00 PM

Jan 2013
When will their kiss happen

I'm still confused what sending them to Earth could accomplish. There are still monkeys their. It would be interesting to see native people there.
Mar 28, 2013 12:26 PM
Feb 2008
It seems like these kids haven't really grown all that much. I mean I guess the situation was stressful and all but you would think that they'd have warmed up to Renton and realized they need his help to like not die by now.
Jul 7, 2013 12:53 PM

Nov 2012
I keep thinking that the 3 kids have some important role in the story, since they are so annoying, but are always there. I keep waiting for something to happen to make me start liking them, but nope they just continue to be annoying little bitches about everything. I'm really sick of their shit.
Slaine did nothing wrong.
Aug 4, 2013 8:09 AM

Jul 2012
I HATE those kids. The only one who I would save (Maurice) fucked up in this episode. BAAAAAH
Aug 5, 2013 12:22 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Zhou said:

There are plotholes or logic holes like why didn't they fucking kill Dewey when they had the chance.

Oh yeah huh...didn't think about that. Dominic could've just went back to the military and then when he meets Dewey, he could probably easily shoot him down or something. But it would be maybe too easy, and Dominic might've been killed after that. Still, that was a possible scenario. At least Dominic finally joins Gekko! When he was first introduced, I always thought it would be sad if he and Renton would have to fight each other, but I guess that's not the case.

I respect Renton for injuring himself with a rock since I can't even take a little pain, so props to him for going that far for Eureka. But seriously? No offense, but that's a really dumb/irrational move. They're stuck on a planet they don't know, and he decides to injure himself for Eureka to show that he accepts her and whatnot, but I think they need all the strength they can to figure things out. Looks like he has an infection, probably...great job. I find it irrational because harming himself is nothing like what Eureka's going through with her body. I mean yeah Eureka finally understands that he accepts her.. but still that was too dramatic for me.
Sep 16, 2013 9:26 PM

Apr 2013
tingy said:
I respect Renton for injuring himself with a rock since I can't even take a little pain, so props to him for going that far for Eureka. But seriously? No offense, but that's a really dumb/irrational move. They're stuck on a planet they don't know, and he decides to injure himself for Eureka to show that he accepts her and whatnot, but I think they need all the strength they can to figure things out. Looks like he has an infection, probably...great job. I find it irrational because harming himself is nothing like what Eureka's going through with her body. I mean yeah Eureka finally understands that he accepts her.. but still that was too dramatic for me.

People do stupid things for love, what can I say? It was still a touching gesture from Renton, albeit a little silly.
Powerful eyebrows.
Nov 24, 2013 1:34 AM

Apr 2012
The kids are the virus of this show especially that little shit Maurice.
Feb 15, 2014 1:00 PM

Aug 2013
Renton's plan backfired, looks like hes sick from the wound.

Also im not sure Anemone can be saved, shes pretty crazy.
My Candies:
Jun 23, 2014 9:18 PM

Jun 2012
Yeaaaah Dominic, go save Anemone!

Yeah those kids, I'm not sure I've ever seen characters as pointlessly annoying as them. Renton definitely was telling a lie when he said he loved them as much as Eureka did.

Jul 6, 2014 10:06 AM

Sep 2013
Those kids are seriously SERIOUSLY annoying.

Renton is so stupid, now he's arm is infected.

Eureka's arm is uhm..gross lol.

I kinda felt bad for Anemone crying like a crazy bitch.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jul 8, 2014 10:15 PM

Apr 2014
Great episode. I'm glad the kids finally acknowledge that Eureka killed their parents, and to have them do so in a very moving scene with Renton trying to comfort Eureka (by smashing a fucking rock to his arm!). Love that Renton doesn't resort to the "I'll protect you" line, and really love that Eureka doesn't do her usual "hold my hand" thing. Instead, he goes for the "I'll share the pain/burden with you" moment by breaking his forearm. Great display of love. My personal favorite scene of the series so far.

I know the kids get a lot of hate because they're a bunch of annoying little c**ts. But I gotta say, they've improved greatly from the first half til now. I was ok with the kid pulling out the gun; he did see his parents get shot to hell by his new mother, and he does hang around a bunch of killers. That combined with his mindset that everything was fine before Renton came and negatively influenced the world around them kinda justifies his action, from his perspective. Just gotta use a little empathy

So far, in the forty five episodes I've seen, this is my favorite. I don't know, maybe it's because it's the first time in the series I've seen Renton display his true love for Eureka, without shouting it, in a poignant and rock smashing moment, or maybe it's seeing Eureka comforting the foster kids in a such a maternal way that I haven't seen her do before (after the gun/abandonment crisis with the kid), or it could be that funny moment where Dominic finally speaks of his love or infatuation with Anemone, or maybe this a run-on sentence. The series can be cheesy as all hell at times, but I'm finally finally enjoying the romantic aspects and relationships of the show; it's made me feel a little nostalgic to my younger days. Glad I watched it.

Also, love the music.
Jul 20, 2014 8:59 PM

Aug 2013
Awesome... really awesome episode. The hype is up everywhere.

Renton might seem dumb for doing that but cool anyway.. at least got to be a man once. I mean I would do that to.. in that situation.
Maurice is even more stupid.. hahaha. (I hated him the most since the beginning)

Dominic's confession was funny.. LOL. but touching as well.. look at Anemone laugh.
Everyone's going for the last battle.
Jul 22, 2014 6:06 AM

Aug 2013
I take it back. I hate you Maurice -___-

Jurgens for president :D
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 20, 2014 10:20 AM

May 2012
What's happening to Eureka? And damn Renton sure fucked up again by hurting himself... the change in hearths with that video sure was nice and I do wonder what will happen next now that that fleet will fight together with gekkostate!
Oct 17, 2014 12:03 AM

Aug 2012
The drama!!! I'm very sensitive right now. Hope Dominic's able to protect Anemone .....and Renton's ok.
Dec 16, 2014 9:08 PM

Feb 2014
Those kids are starting to get on my nerve. Lol Dominic speech was adorable , hm I'm assuming the planet (earth) they landed are affecting Eureka wellbeing. [S]no more drama[S]
The higher I get , The lower I'll sink.

Jan 24, 2015 1:15 PM

Jan 2015
Zhou said:
Renton started to piss me off from some point I don't remember (I marathon this).
The last few episodes and the whole Earth thing are pissing me off, too and now Maurice with his Oedipus complex and a rifle in his hand, ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!
Eureka 7 gets undeniably worse, so much that I for the first time posted my opinion on of the episodes.

Dewey is Holland's brother. He wouldn't just kill him if he didnt have to. Also Gekkostate didnt know about Deweys plan until afterwards i think. If they knew before they rescued Norb i think Dewey would be dead. Like wise Dewey didnt know Eureka found a partner. If he knew then he wouldn't have let Holland take Norb.
Jan 24, 2015 2:02 PM

Nov 2014
Really sad episode, can't wait to see what happens next!
Feb 6, 2015 7:35 PM

Aug 2013
Renton, I think you overdid it with that rock x)
Goddamnit Maurice, don't make the atmosphere more tense that it already is! Those fucking brat -.-
I can understand his pain, but that was no time to let it out. He should have done it sooner, not when everyone is in fucking despair, especially Eureka.

Finally! Dominic as switched side along with the commander. They had all the reasons to do so. Though that's a hard shock for Anemone. There is no happy ending for her in sight :/
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 3, 2015 1:34 PM
Apr 2014
The kids were really important for Renton and Eureka's character development. How can you empathize with the main characters and hate the kids at the same time? They are Eureka's kids, and it's awesome seeing how she went from having to ask Renton how to scold Maeter, to calmly assess her love for Maurice, like a real mother would do. I don't hate them at all. Actually seeing the five of them together slowly accepting each other and becoming a family is one of the strongest point of the show.
Aug 13, 2016 6:40 AM

Jun 2008
The politics of that episode was very interesting. I look forward to seeing how Novak responds to the Gekko-Military Alliance. But using stones to hit their arms was emotional nonsense if you ask me and added nothing to the story.
Aug 23, 2016 4:37 PM

Mar 2015
MAMA, MAMA, WAH, MAMA. WAAAH. WAAH. WAH. MAMA. MAMA. MAMA. MAMA, MAMA, WAH, MAMA. WAAAH. WAAH. WAH. MAMA. MAMA. MAMA. MAMA, MAMA, WAH, MAMA. WAAAH. WAAH. WAH. MAMA. MAMA. MAMA. MAMA, MAMA, WAH, MAMA. WAAAH. WAAH. WAH. MAMA. MAMA. MAMA. WAH MAMA this entire fucking series.
Jul 5, 2017 6:52 AM

Jul 2008
Hey the Gekkostate just got a little bit bigger.

And god damn those annoying brats.
Oct 23, 2017 2:09 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, a military rebellion! Cool and unexpected.

Yes, Eureka is sure changing, that scene was sweet, but they cut it here on TV with the Renton scratching up his arm with a rock ... that's a sure fire way to get an infection.

Aug 29, 2018 11:32 PM
May 2018
Honestly all the bitching about the kids in this thread is pathetic. It like you guys aren't even trying to understand them.
Aug 1, 2019 11:39 AM

Apr 2019
The revolution won't be televised, it will be written in ray==out. But I fear the military is going to die while everyone in the Gekko (including Dominic) is going to be okay since they have the one of the biggest plot armors I ever saw. Also, FUUCCCKK MAURICE no kid can be this stupid, holy fuck. I liked that everyone made fun of Dominic LMAO. I hope that both Dominic and Renton can stay with their corallians (Well, Anemone isn't really one but whatever) in the end.
Dec 22, 2019 3:38 PM

Nov 2016
Maybe Renton shouldn't have hit himself with the rock? XD

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 24, 2020 9:36 AM

Jul 2017
Renton's arm after he damaged it for wanting to keep Eureka company because of what she's going through with her body, probably had himself infected there. It was a fine episode, thought Renton despite being dumb, was really good in this episode and didn't care about the barriers whatsoever that he and Eureka have as different kinds of beings, one being human, other being coralian. Kind of a parallel to racism in a way, but also just more of how much he cares for Eureka where even if she transforms or if anything happens to her, he wants to share in her pain and be by her side no matter what. Eureka's speech towards Maurice was good too. Maurice was kind of an asshole but kids have always been assholes in this show so no surprises there.
Oct 27, 2021 12:11 AM

Mar 2016
I am tired and through with saying anything about the kids, I've done it multiple times and I've had enough. The kids need to die I don't give a fuck, kill them right there, full stop.

Dominic and the Captain have finally made up their mind on what side they should be standing on here, their speech was greatly charismatic, though Dominic is just making a fool of himself in front of the Gekkostate members. Still, now that there's support amongst the military, Dewey will face more opposition, I believe by the end of the story, he'll just be left on his own to realize his goal, foolish little Dewey. His ignorance to the pest that lay amongst his ranks will be his undoing.

Oh damn, Renton is losing it, what better opportunity to force the kids on some child labour errand to collect food for Renton!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 11, 2008

66 by chenfeng »»
Apr 6, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

death919 - May 4, 2008

283 by ShadowkillZ »»
Mar 22, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 31, 2008

89 by Awesomepants25 »»
Feb 6, 10:01 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 11 Discussion

aero - Jul 23, 2008

48 by Teatime_X »»
Jan 15, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 38 Discussion

aero - Aug 1, 2008

33 by Loccon_Stratos »»
Dec 23, 2023 9:24 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.