Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 2, 2010 11:35 PM

Sep 2009
A lot of misunderstandings could have been avoided if people properly explain things to Renton. I have seen this in several anime shows, but why, why do people hold back information...it just makes things harder later on.
Aug 30, 2010 7:08 AM

Apr 2009
Ewwww! That bitch Renton puked in Nirvashi again ><
Sep 11, 2010 5:51 AM
Jan 2009
Epic episode, I really got the evangelion vibe from it.
Oct 5, 2010 5:26 AM
Jan 2008
This is wat happens when you beat your kids. Severely disappointed. I was hoping Holland to die instead I get him still alive and now Renton taking all the blame when its clearly Holland's fault. Dude wanted to take her to hospital like any other normal person would but Holland keeps everything a secret so Renton doesn't wtf is going on.
Oct 30, 2010 6:20 PM

Mar 2009
RyuRobin said:
Epic episode, I really got the evangelion vibe from it.

I did also. xD

But this episode was great, the fight was awesome.
Also, Talho finally explain to people on how jealous she is of Eureka, because Holland can be a jerk sometimes but she's right he does take care of her.
Plus, seeing Renton in that fight with the Nirvash freaked me out..lol he went insaine. o_o

Nov 29, 2010 12:22 PM

May 2009
This was...interesting.

I know people have mentioned the Bardiel (i.e. Touji) episode of NGE--this is actually somewhat like the exact opposite of that. You have the main boy character driving the violence, while you have the father-figure telling him to stop.

Though one could say it's somewhat like a combination of that and the Zeruel episode (the one where EVA-01 goes completely bonkers).

Well, at least seeing Holland get his come-uppance was worth it. He was pretty clearly going overboard.

I must say it's an interesting dose of irony how the characters regard Renton as "just a kid"--Renton himself included. And then...off of his LFO's foot comes a severed forearm, complete with blood and wedding ring. I wonder if we'll get any elaboration on that character...though the implications are disturbing no matter how you think about it.

And they just couldn't resist making him puke, could they?
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Mar 24, 2011 11:52 PM

Oct 2010
Epic episode seeing Renton kick Ass and kill people :D

Tumblr |  Anime List | 🌷🌼

May 7, 2011 10:30 AM

Jan 2011
seems like they purposely wait until this eps to show pilots die inside LFOs, so it added shocking feeling to Renton's situation

wonder why Holland never admit he did all these for Eureka...

the priest saving part in jail is quite cool
Jul 23, 2011 10:57 AM
Apr 2009
Why does Renton have to be such a retard too?
If this show doesn't get better, I'm seriously thinking about dropping it.
Aug 21, 2011 12:51 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Renton went mental in that last battle.

Wouldn't be surprised if he runs away. I mean this anime has so much NGE influence that it's kinda to be expected that they'd follow that kind of path. (I don't mean it in a bad way).

Gekko State is not the dream that Renton once though, huh?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 17, 2012 2:12 PM

Aug 2008
Eliminate some of the ending episodes for a lot of my favorite anime, and this is one of the best episodes I've ever seen. Holland and Renton's relationship couldn't be any uglier than it was in this episode. And the episode itself couldn't be any more intense and brimming with emotion. Excellent!

Feb 27, 2012 10:33 PM

Mar 2011
Godly episode. Saw that ending coming; pretty sad stuff.
Apr 5, 2012 8:16 PM
Sep 2009
Jeez, that episode was insane. This is getting really good.
Apr 6, 2012 9:29 AM

Apr 2009
Wow, that berserk mode, that ending. Impressive.

I didn't pay much attention to it before, but didn't Mischa say something about LFO potentially altering the mind of its pilots with trapar waves pretty early into the series? I think Renton going nuts must be a result of that, and trapar is pretty mean stuff in general, like in the hallucinations, gel and depression illness sort of way. I guess it comes from some experiment going wrong in the past, maybe it's also the reason why the seasons are gone. Anyway, really looking forward to learning more.

They did a good job at doing Renton's development here, like really good. Him throwing aside some of his childish pride when he realizes he and Holland have the same goal of wanting to help Eureka above all else was well done and Holland's abuse was actually good build up for it. While it went completely wrong in the end, it's his frustration that matters. Though it doesn't make Holland's behavior much less unreasonable or change the fact that frustration would not have built up so hard if he was told more about what's going on :p

Everyone's very open and forward with their emotions in this anime though. Not like it's a bad thing, though.

5/5
VictimOfFateApr 6, 2012 9:36 AM
Apr 10, 2012 2:00 PM

Aug 2009
Would've been a perfect episode if it weren't for Holland acting like a complete dick and beating up Renton. I raged so hard that I almost dropped it.
Apr 16, 2012 3:06 AM

May 2011
Nice shit. Renton rag ftw!
Apr 21, 2012 1:54 AM

Jan 2011
Up until this episode I wasn't completely sure that there were actually people in the army mechs, now I guess we know for sure that it is blood and not hydraulic fluid spurting out when Nirvash decapitates one.

Seriously, was this a three minute episode? It just seemed to go so fast. I can see why this show has such a good rep. I may have to marathon most of the remaining episodes.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Apr 21, 2012 9:46 AM

Jun 2011
Holland is getting a lot of hate, but I feel like Renton's actually the cause of it all. He speaks without thinking all the time, never considering whether or not things aren't as they appear...just way too dense about other people's feelings. Even if he's just a kid, he's acting immature. Everything could be resolved if he just understood that his connection with the Nirvash is making Eureka sad and, in turn, irritating Holland.

Of course, Holland's constantly state of denial is irritating as well, but nowhere near Renton's denseness imo.

Only halfway through the series, so there's a lot of time for Renton to redeem himself, but right now he's really ruining the show for me.
'I met many people. We were separated. And then reunited. This tune contains all those feelings.'
- Nanaka Yatsushiro, Myself;Yourself, Episode 13
Apr 29, 2012 8:44 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Hmm, getting a bit better. At least the character development is going to (hopefully) accelerate.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
May 29, 2012 8:01 PM

Apr 2011
kid went psycho...! holland earned back a little respect but he still sucks.
Jul 26, 2012 5:41 PM

Mar 2012
Great episode!

At the end, Holland wasn't looking at Renton as if he wanted to beatdown on him... I was expecting him to be stubborn and say he told him not to pilot the NIrvash.

But wow, Renton went total fucking nuts!
"We're nothing more than fools and whores with sad highs"
Jul 28, 2012 2:07 PM
Jan 2010
Okay, this really made me think of Evangelion.
Sep 23, 2012 2:24 PM

Apr 2009
That wasn't Evangelion inspired at all.
/sarcasm
lol @ img bbcode not working, mal is such a great site
Nov 20, 2012 9:41 AM

Sep 2010
More NGE references, but damn the last couple minutes were brutal especially when he crushed the pilot and Narvash's foot ripped off his arm. Poor guy was married. T^T
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Nov 24, 2012 3:37 PM

Jul 2012
goblinlady said:
I was expecting Renton to flip after being bullied so much but...
man, that' disturbing,.

HELL yea I would have beat the shit out of Holloand for every time he beats that kid smh.
Renton is a kid all it takes is some explaining of the situation you don't have to tell him everything but at least put his mind at ease by letting him know what's going on.
Dec 1, 2012 12:24 PM

Mar 2012
Damn Renton, you scary!
Jan 1, 2013 4:21 PM
Mar 2012
saxophone15 said:
A lot of misunderstandings could have been avoided if people properly explain things to Renton. I have seen this in several anime shows, but why, why do people hold back information...it just makes things harder later on.

Basically this and that the gekko ( mainly Holland and Talho) need to stop holding back info on Renton. Do they really think he isn't smart enough to find out later on?

It's not that he is getting full of himself (as Holland claims) he is just frustrated with what is going on, and if they explained that to him, maybe certain events could've been avoided. Also Holland is immature. He got so mad from a 14 year old kid! He knew more than him, yet he still beat on him like he's some kind of punching bag.
Mar 6, 2013 5:29 PM

Jan 2013
Everyone loves this episode
Apr 12, 2013 3:36 PM

Feb 2013
Damn Renton went crazy I think the nirvash is affecting him.
Apr 12, 2013 5:45 PM

Jan 2013
Roloko said:
More NGE references, but damn the last couple minutes were brutal especially when he crushed the pilot and Narvash's foot ripped off his arm. Poor guy was married. T^T

I know theres a ridiculous amount of NGE references. almost a blatant rip-off, but in a slightly different genre. still it has many of the same elements, tries to do the psychological montages in some episodes, and the mech's were "found" and not created, plus theyre some sort of living creature with their own free will of some sort.

Anyways, Holland, I DARE you to beat up on Renton again. the beginning of this episode is ridiculous. Im almost tempted to drop this shit because of that. If I wanted to watch child abuse, I can go watch a documentary or reread The Lost Boy. shits happened wayyyy too many times for it to be acceptable or any bit enjoyable to watch or try to understand.
like, holland acknowledges he's just a chilld, and then drives his head into a fucking metal pole? and kicks him when he's down? just because renton is WORRIED about eureka's health. Like the other Gekkostate member Hap said, "he's the leader of Gekko. its just downright embarassing to be beating up on a defenseless kid." shit's pathetic. he's highest on the poll of pathetic characters. I like Hap a lot more now though. Im glad it was atleast mentioned. And poor Talho. She deserves some dick too. she's a lot hotter than eureka, thats for sure. dunno how anyone regards him as a leader with that kinda childish attitude. he acts more like a kid then renton. and he's keeping secrets about eureka. he's irrational, unstable, and lets his emotions get to his head and impact his decision making.
i also wouldnt consider it "protecting" eureka when he forced her to help slaughter a whole city, including her killing defenseless parents right in front of their children. I also dunno how the kids wanted her to be their "mother" after she killed their parents so brutally.
end rant.
dextronautApr 12, 2013 6:25 PM
Apr 13, 2013 10:23 AM

May 2012
Miertje86 said:
Finally, Renton realizes he's been killing people, Eureka is probably the only one who can bring him back from this shock-state.

Fuck yeah episode
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Jun 14, 2013 4:48 AM

Jan 2012
Why did he have to throw up right after being so badass?

Jul 13, 2013 4:53 PM

Mar 2012
Renton badass? lol....

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Jul 23, 2013 12:01 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Genomax said:
Holland is getting a lot of hate, but I feel like Renton's actually the cause of it all. He speaks without thinking all the time, never considering whether or not things aren't as they appear...just way too dense about other people's feelings. Even if he's just a kid, he's acting immature. Everything could be resolved if he just understood that his connection with the Nirvash is making Eureka sad and, in turn, irritating Holland.

Of course, Holland's constantly state of denial is irritating as well, but nowhere near Renton's denseness imo.

Only halfway through the series, so there's a lot of time for Renton to redeem himself, but right now he's really ruining the show for me.

Holland's abusive actions are terrible, he really needs to stop taking everything out of Renton. But yeah I agree that Renton is the cause because of his immaturity. He kept saying in this episode that Holland only cares about the money and they should get Eureka to the hospital. It was pretty obvious that Eureka's state cannot be fixed by a hospital, and people would probably freak out at the sight of her. And it seems like recently Renton's been realizing that he sucks. If he realizes it, he should start trying to understand others more. And people saying that Holland and Talho should just tell Renton everything to avoid misunderstandings is forgetting something, that people don't just open up to others so easily. Hell, I don't think everyone on Gekko knows everything either (I could be wrong). Anyways, I was starting to like Renton a little when he destroyed all those mechs, but then he seriously went mental, not even sure how that happened. I can see why Eureka said that Nirvash is different when Renton pilots it. And lol that he JUST realized that he's been killing people. How naive can you get? This isn't fun and games, and protecting others can also been taking people's lives.
Sep 17, 2013 6:00 AM
May 2013
This is getting better and better. 6 episodes ago this anime was so boring, but now is like I'm watching NGE again.
Sep 29, 2013 1:57 PM

Sep 2012
wow that ending left a powerful image in thought.

renton just brutally murdered a married man,
children & wife.
*sobs*

that hallucination image was pretty wicked though.
Oct 27, 2013 10:14 AM

Aug 2013
i felt quite bad for renton... i mean they kept pushing him, slapping him knowing he loves eureka... and not telling him the real reasons holland went out.

it's no wonder if you give the guy a gun (well in this case a giant killer robot) to kill the bad guys he's going to go a little nuts considering he's been in those dream like scenes and through things most humans never see...

i like nutty renton...
Feb 2, 2014 6:38 AM

Aug 2013
Renton is freaking out man! Hes freaking out!
My Candies:
Feb 8, 2014 7:05 AM

Jul 2011
Damn, this show should be called "Lets all bully Renton and watch a 30+ Year Old Man Physically Abuse Him."
"It is the emptiness that make the stars bright."

"If you've known pain and hardship, it is easier to be kind to others."
Apr 21, 2014 11:13 PM

Oct 2008
Ok, I know this show had quite a few NGE homages so far, but in this episode they went waaaaaay overboard, it was very distracting. Even that thingy with the face that came out of the mountain was exactly like that episode with Rei.
It was an interesting episode though, and hopefully Renton will become a more down to earth character from now on. Wasn't expecting gore from this series.
Jun 22, 2014 6:43 PM

Jun 2012
Once again, they save the day by killing a bunch of soldiers. .

Day 20, I still do not know how or why the LFOs spill blood.

Jul 4, 2014 2:17 AM

Sep 2013
What is with the stupid drama? and why is Renton always gets beaten up. sigh.

renton has gone cuckoo.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jul 4, 2014 2:18 AM

Sep 2013
Saburo-kun said:
Once again, they save the day by killing a bunch of soldiers. .

Day 20, I still do not know how or why the LFOs spill blood.
The mecha blood is probably hydraulic fluid. Eureka seven isnt really the first mecha anime with mecha blood.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jul 18, 2014 10:01 PM

Aug 2013
Hahahaha.. finally some bloody action.
Awesome how so much blood spill from those LFO.
What will happen next ?
Jul 21, 2014 1:58 AM

Aug 2013
The hell is wrong with the entire crew? They just watched Renton get beat up again like it was nothing. Even the way Hap stepped in was so weak. "You're being immature." Really? How about you go yell at Holland and ask what the f*ck is wrong with him O__o It's like they're all scared of telling him off.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 18, 2014 7:42 PM

May 2012
Oh wow what an intense ending! He sure fucked up big time though, really interesting and quite fucked up at the same time! I do hope Renton will stop being a crying little b*tch though as that enjoys me quite a bit... either way let's see what's next.
Dec 7, 2014 9:34 AM

Aug 2013
War rage. When you just can't control yourself anymore and get submerged by hatred... This is the sign of a new lethargy. He just killed a man, a man who was probably married with that ring, maybe had kids, etc. Maybe this time, Eureka will be able to take him out of it.

Renton is taking too much on himself. I'm curious though if these vision are some kind of post-traumatic shock or if he is being intoxicated by the Nirvash.

Anyway, that new old woman will probably be able to save Eureka with the help of the glowing liquid the other vodarak gave Holland. Don't know how that work, but I guess it liquify the scab.

Holland was pretty epic with that headband, using that other LFO as a shield. But I don't understand how he was that much easily neutralized. They often fought outnumbered and made out of it easily...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Dec 12, 2014 6:04 PM

Feb 2014
He went apeshit but he really kick ass.
The higher I get , The lower I'll sink.

Jan 11, 2015 3:06 PM

Nov 2014
What an amazing episode, my favourite so far. Although I was so angry at Holland for yet again abusing Renton, he needs a chill pill <<
Apr 25, 2015 10:18 PM

Aug 2014
I really wish Holland would act his freaking age though. I understand he went through a lot in his past but come on! He is looking like an idiot infront of his entire crew by just venting his frustrations on Renton each time. Props for him for stepping up in this episode though. More props to Renton for saving his ass even after all the abuse from that guy.

Episode 20 has been my favorite episode so far. Once again I was getting an Evangelion vibe from it in the final minutes with Renton going berserk there.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Jul 11, 2008

66 by chenfeng »»
Apr 6, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 50 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

death919 - May 4, 2008

283 by ShadowkillZ »»
Mar 22, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 11 Discussion

aero - Jul 23, 2008

48 by Teatime_X »»
Jan 15, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 38 Discussion

aero - Aug 1, 2008

33 by Loccon_Stratos »»
Dec 23, 2023 9:24 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven Episode 35 Discussion ( 1 2 )

aero - Aug 1, 2008

56 by Loccon_Stratos »»
Dec 22, 2023 9:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.