Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Oct 28, 2011 1:13 PM
Nov 2010
Now, this episode was pretty good, I'll be waiting for the next one eagerly...:)
Oct 28, 2011 1:31 PM

Aug 2011
Cirris said:
Btw, you Final Fantasy fanatics would recognize that symbolism of the research team's name. Sephirah sounds a lot like Sephiroth, the genetically enhanced antagonist in Final Fantasy 7 story. Heck, Gai even looks a little bit like Sephiroth, also he's rocking some genetic enhancements himself.

Good catch. I noticed this too. Maybe Gai'll turn into a bad egg too.

You can't even compare Shu to Lelouch. Lelouch began thinking of ways to abuse use his power immediately after receiving it. And he was a fucking tactical genius. And had balls. And...

InoriYuzuriha said:
No plot hole :3

Uh... 17-year age limit? Herp derp. There's about one way you can try to explain it without it sounding like a total ass pull.

Yumekichi11 said:
and yes I would do it with Inori. The pun is so obvious at that part at what it means.

You are 33 years old. Inori is 16. You are a pedophile. Good day.
Oct 28, 2011 1:33 PM

Jan 2011
BRSxIgnition said:
ChronosXIII said:

Personally, I think that the 17-and-under rule isn't that hard to beleive, I don't see why you people are freaking over it.

I don't know why too people will find something to complain about every episode,but if some of you have ever read Iris Zero they have this same kind of concept where only teenagers are able to have this Power which is called *Iris* and the adults of the world don't understand it since they can't get it.
Oct 28, 2011 1:40 PM

Oct 2011
DraconisMarch said:
InoriYuzuriha said:
No plot hole :3

Uh... 17-year age limit? Herp derp. There's about one way you can try to explain it without it sounding like a total ass pull..

Please tell me how the 17 age-limit is a plot hole, after reading my above post, thank you.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
- Filicia Heideman, So Ra No Wo To
Oct 28, 2011 1:45 PM
Mar 2011
Am I not the only one who thinks Shu is retarded? Even if he did pull the void out of that girl right the first time, there were people everywhere, so wouldn't they have seen him
Oct 28, 2011 2:16 PM

Aug 2011
DAMMN!!!! HE GOT BITCHED BY HIS OWN FRIEND!!! :O
i really respect shuu for not killing him, but now.... DAMN!!!!!
But now, everything is gonna get a whole lot EPIC!!! XD
Oct 28, 2011 2:30 PM

Sep 2011
Shu is really stupid. But kind.
STILL FUCKING STUPID!!!!
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Oct 28, 2011 2:39 PM
Jul 2011
Wow the more I watch the more I get dissapointed by this series. It still isn't all that bad though, except the comedy that is just awful in this show. My main problem with the show is that it is so boring from start-middle-then it does something midly interesting at the end. Hopefully it can fix this
Oct 28, 2011 4:49 PM

Jul 2010
Inori is one of most beautiful female anime characters that i ever saw.
Shu is so damn naive.

I cant wait to see what they will do.I guess Gai will rush in or wat.
I need more Inori, MORE.
Oct 28, 2011 4:51 PM

Feb 2009
Wordsmith said:
to all haters: this is the 3rd episode. Please decide to drop this show now and don't inconvenience me (and others) with your hating in the next ep's thread.

"If you don't agree with me, I don't want you to post. I find such things inconvenient" is basically what you're saying.

In any case, the MC remains a spineless, generic shounen lead and Inori a soulless doll. The cliffhanger ending was the only decent part of this episode. Maybe the MC will pull a Simon (TTGL) and actually become decent. Until then, this anime is looking a lot like [C] did a while back. Both, at least up until this point, have a generic shounen protagonist despite being in a time-slot meant for non-traditional anime fans.
Oct 28, 2011 6:11 PM
Jul 2011
^I see it more like, if you don't like the show stop watching it. People are only wasting their time proceeding to watch a show they find stupid for whatever reason (story, characters, "it's like/not as good as this anime")and I think the fans just want to be able to discuss it with fans than constant complainers. I mean it's not like you can't pick up the show again if you hear that it gets better. But if it's not doing it for you now, then you can save yourself the time from having to make comments and others for having to read them.

There's critique and everyone is entitled to share the opinion but I'm really just seeing the same comments being made each episode that it's starting to look like unnecessary bashing. If people don't like it, don't watch it. I sure as hell don't like some shows but I don't feel like I need to go into their threads just so that I can whine about every single little detail some which don't even really make sense like saying the series has plot holes when it hasn't concluded.

Not everything is going to be explained in the first three episodes and it frustrates me to no end that it doesn't seem to be getting through. Same goes for the characters, there is a thing called character development. Inori being a soulless doll I actually think that might end up being a plot point and Shuu is Shuu. Nothing wrong with having a protagonist that has potential for growth. And he's not even as bad as some of you are putting it, in fact I don't think he's bad at all. He's a normal kid who wants a normal life. What's wrong with that. And even when he's pulled into a fight, he pulls himself together and fights, he doesn't bubble and cry. He may be generic but calling him a spineless coward or the like *cough* Shinji Ikari*cough*, I really don't understand.
Oct 28, 2011 6:31 PM

Oct 2011
Kappamaki said:
^I see it more like, if you don't like the show stop watching it. People are only wasting their time proceeding to watch a show they find stupid for whatever reason (story, characters, "it's like/not as good as this anime")and I think the fans just want to be able to discuss it with fans than constant complainers. I mean it's not like you can't pick up the show again if you hear that it gets better. But if it's not doing it for you now, then you can save yourself the time from having to make comments and others for having to read them.

There's critique and everyone is entitled to share the opinion but I'm really just seeing the same comments being made each episode that it's starting to look like unnecessary bashing. If people don't like it, don't watch it. I sure as hell don't like some shows but I don't feel like I need to go into their threads just so that I can whine about every single little detail some which don't even really make sense like saying the series has plot holes when it hasn't concluded.

Not everything is going to be explained in the first three episodes and it frustrates me to no end that it doesn't seem to be getting through. Same goes for the characters, there is a thing called character development. Inori being a soulless doll I actually think that might end up being a plot point and Shuu is Shuu. Nothing wrong with having a protagonist that has potential for growth. And he's not even as bad as some of you are putting it, in fact I don't think he's bad at all. He's a normal kid who wants a normal life. What's wrong with that. And even when he's pulled into a fight, he pulls himself together and fights, he doesn't bubble and cry. He may be generic but calling him a spineless coward or the like *cough* Shinji Ikari*cough*, I really don't understand.

So well said, thank you very much for that, and I whole-heartily agree.
"Evidently... There's no such thing as 'meaning' in this world. But that in itself is wonderful... isn't it? Since if there isn't a set meaning, then you can just find one on your own."
Oct 28, 2011 6:49 PM

Dec 2010
Kappamaki said:

This, i agree with practically everything you said, people have the right to express their opinions but it gets old and quick if they express it repeatedly without any intention to ever change it when that happens its just hating, if people say things like "this could have been better, etc etc, lets see what happens next" or "this wasn't as good as the last one" is one thing but when we get people hating on the fanservice last episode, the naive Shu this episode,the who knows what next episode... i mean there is problems with every show and people trying so hard to find and state every single problem is really annoying, i know i said this before but if people were to look at the favorite anime of all these people who are hating, the anime which they think are the best of the best than I'm sure there would be crap loads to nitpick.

With that said if the show isn't for you state your mind and simply drop it, i mean seeing your same hateful posts EVERY single episode is getting annoying to no end, heck at that rate you might as well copy and paste what you wrote last time to save you the effort because to those people you are blabbering about the same things; if you can't stand it then its simply DON"T watch it, why would you "torture" yourself by watching something that is so "horrible" it makes no sense and is redundant, there is plenty of other anime, this one don't suit you? then either have PATIENCE and WAIT for the plot to develop before you hate and claim ridiculous things like plot holes on episode 2... (so many.... on something that was explained the very next episode.... [the kaleidoscope]) or simply DROP it and do everyone yourself included a favor.

Oh as for the Shinji Ikari reference, its amazing to see how many people expect a kid who's a bit anti social... heck lets even say he wasn't antisocial but just a normal kid to simply drop all hes known and become a bad ass, really its like people say screw believable personalities and just give me action, i don't got time for all that character development...and to top it off people expect this all in 2-3 episodes... Last time i checked normal teenagers don't really think about saving the world so when an out of this world scenario occurs before said average teenager you expect the kid just to go with it? wouldn't that be more cliche than anything else people have come up with? Those in anime who didn't hesitate and took the opportunity already wanted change like Lelouch and Light which makes their actions more believable, they thought about why they wanted change every single day, this kid probably doesn't think of anything much less what people expect him to, its human nature to seek self preservation so in that sense this "wimpy" "hated" "no good" MC is no different than your average human simply seeking to live his life free of problems.
InfiniteDestinyOct 28, 2011 7:40 PM
Oct 28, 2011 7:28 PM

Dec 2010
Hoo boy, the non-paragraphing is going to burn holes from my eyes, but....

InfiniteDestiny said:
Oh as for the Shinji Ikari reference, its amazing to see how many people expect a kid who's a bit anti social... heck lets even say he wasn't antisocial but just a normal kid to simply drop all hes known and become a bad ass, really its like people say screw believable personalities and just give me action, i don't got time for all that character development...and to top it off people expect this all in 2-3 episodes... Last time i checked normal teenagers don't really think about saving the world so when an out of this world scenario occurs before said average teenager you expect the kid just to go with it?

I like Shu for exactly that. Believable, and to an extent very relateable as I myself never connected to people. He's plain, 'generic' being the harsher term for it, but he definitely isn't spineless. Remember when he rushed Inori despite there being an Endlave about to gun her down? Yeah, that sure was cowardly. Damn him! /sarcasm.

I do find a lot of this hatred for guilty crown saturated though. How come it creates so much inflammation? I think its decent, and I'm usually the first to jump on the hate wagon for the msot pettisome of reasons.

Yeah, okay, Shu isn't GAR but you do have to admit he's a decent guy under that somewhat asocial and nonchalant attitude. God forbid he shouldn't drop his pesonal life.

Haters gonna hate, though I'd wish they'd at least try to make a point besides copying and pasting what the previous hater said.
Oct 28, 2011 7:30 PM

Jan 2011
Kappamaki said:
^I
Couldn't Agree more with what you guys have said It's fine to Voice your openion But when you continue to hate what does that tell us that your just here to Bash the show i think it would be best for the fans and the people who aren't enjoying it to drop it for now pop back in a few weeks to see if they started to like it or not instead of just hating every week.

Or if that's to much Enough with the *trying to find every little Plot hole* and expecting them to explain it in the same episode lol it's getting annoying.
Oct 28, 2011 7:57 PM

Feb 2009
Have to say, I don't get the hate over this episode. I really did like it. Maybe I'm biased toward this show and its characters, idk...

I really enjoyed seeing Inori/Shu interact and grow closer, and the ending of the episode got pretty exciting. Sure, I cringed when Shu groped that one girl by accident, but I enjoyed everything else. Great music too.

Oh and HNNGGGHHH Inori's sad face when Shu got caught at the end was so adorable. Inori showing emotion = CUUUUUUUTE. She still reminds me a lot of Eureka, I really do think the relationship here will progress similarly to Renton/Eureka from E7.
Oct 28, 2011 7:59 PM

Oct 2010
I though I should the delicious hating session going on. I am sry but hating on this anime is fine. That is because it exploits its weakness and that is rather enjoyable to see.

Not all animes are 10/10 nor are all about like some of my posts loved this and that. Sometimes it's about bitching of fan service x or character x ought to do and all. It's fun so that's it. The biggest mistake you will do here is insult each other. Because that is stupid. Just my 2 cents about how to have fun while bitching at an anime.

I am hoping the breast grab will be replaced with decent stuff like in the spoiler
that is fan service that is acceptable and at the very least natural.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 28, 2011 8:02 PM

Dec 2010
Lauriet said:
Hoo boy, the non-paragraphing is going to burn holes from my eyes, but....

InfiniteDestiny said:
Oh as for the Shinji Ikari reference, its amazing to see how many people expect a kid who's a bit anti social... heck lets even say he wasn't antisocial but just a normal kid to simply drop all hes known and become a bad ass, really its like people say screw believable personalities and just give me action, i don't got time for all that character development...and to top it off people expect this all in 2-3 episodes... Last time i checked normal teenagers don't really think about saving the world so when an out of this world scenario occurs before said average teenager you expect the kid just to go with it?

I like Shu for exactly that. Believable, and to an extent very relateable as I myself never connected to people. He's plain, 'generic' being the harsher term for it, but he definitely isn't spineless. Remember when he rushed Inori despite there being an Endlave about to gun her down? Yeah, that sure was cowardly. Damn him! /sarcasm.

I do find a lot of this hatred for guilty crown saturated though. How come it creates so much inflammation? I think its decent, and I'm usually the first to jump on the hate wagon for the msot pettisome of reasons.

Yeah, okay, Shu isn't GAR but you do have to admit he's a decent guy under that somewhat asocial and nonchalant attitude. God forbid he shouldn't drop his pesonal life.

Haters gonna hate, though I'd wish they'd at least try to make a point besides copying and pasting what the previous hater said.

I meant to make a space but i guess i got caught up in my own writing lol. I think people are trying to shoot down this show to the best of their ability because it had so much hype, had it gone under the radar like some other shows do at first than I'm sure the hate would go down and people would enjoy it better, its much better to say that was better than expected than to say it was a letdown. As for Shu i think that people don't have patience for character development at all, Shu is just another example, characters are SUPPOSE to have flaws,or did people expect perfect characters to be the norm when i wasn't looking.

I've said it before I'm sure but outside of any powers/abilities a shows plot dictates a character personalities needs to be believable assuming he is human, because thats all Shu really is a normal human who people expect to be something bigger, might he have some hidden past that makes him special, sure, does he need to develop as an MC, of course he does but people have been trolling ever since episode 2, from what I've read people were fairly accepting of the first episode than everything went down hill.

In the second episode it was because of less than a minute of fanservice that there was pages of hating, this episode it was because the MC was a bit naive or maybe just to nice... but isn't it the norm for the MC to be pro life.Most MC's aren't depicted as cold blooded kill them all bad-asses unless the show dictates it, like perhaps Hei from Darker than Black.With that said the guy's hasn't even been solidified or had any basis yet, we haven't even seen how he's reacted from being betrayed, he could take it like a boss for all we know. All i can say is try to have more patience or honestly just drop it, that's advice... you don't want it? than continue copy and pasting your hate posts.

Yumekichi11 said:
Not all animes are 10/10 nor are all about like some of my posts loved this and that. Sometimes it's about bitching of fan service x or character x ought to do and all. It's fun so that's it. The biggest mistake you will do here is insult each other. Because that is stupid. Just my 2 cents about how to have fun while bitching at an anime.

I agree with you 100%, i didn't mean my comments to be insulting but simply suggesting what is giving an opinion and what is simply hating, an opinion is a state of mind subjective to change no? well when it's done like some of it has been it still remains an opinion because its obviously not a fact but idk... it gets annoying for lack of better words; it seems like the person in question has no interest in wanting the show to get better at all, so they simply hate on it instead.

Also your right not all anime are 10/10s if a person rates properly not many of their anime should be, it should have reservation on your personal best, but while it may not be a 10 for the watcher in question it shouldn't be 1 either(i used the extreme opposite but I'm sure people get the point)and if it is... if it is THAT bad in your mind, why are you even watching it? if you believe it to be so bad and your hate comments just increase by the episode do you honestly expect it to do a 180 for your tastes? if so, the people who actually DO like it how it is or see promise in the current version might completely hate your version of an "ideal" Guilty Crown, so in other words if you are at that point maybe you should just tell yourself... this isn't your show let me choose something else to spend my time on, because all your doing in the end is spreading hate and literally wasting your own time on something you find to be horrible.
InfiniteDestinyOct 28, 2011 8:15 PM
Oct 28, 2011 8:15 PM

Jun 2009
It's true that it is impossible to judge an anime as a whole based on just the first three episodes and you shouldn't, as it is kind of building the ground work. But, the fact is that these first three episodes have been sub par at best featuring nearly every single cliche (transfer student, sudden girl friend, girl moving in, pull weapon from chest, teenager with the ultimate power, etc) I've seen during in my time watching anime.

Now, it's true some of them do make sense given the situation such as first and third cliches I mentioned but, still, it isn't even as though the writers are trying. Then again, these are the same people who wrote Code Geass and stole nearly every cliche out there for that. But, as previously stated, at least that series had an interesting lead.

And, the Shinji Ikari comparisons are laughable. Besides their reserved personalities they are barely alike and Shinji was a hell of a lot more interesting than Shu by this point in his respective series. I think the writers would love it if Shu could have the impact that Shinji had on the industry...though, as much as I like the character of Shinji, I don't think the general populace is ready for another character of his type.

Before you accuse me of needlessly bashing this series, I will be the first to say the series is good if it turns out good. But, so far, it isn't. Also, it's worth noting that Shu growing a pair of balls will not suddenly magically make the series good. A narrative structure that doesn't rely upon plot twist for no good reason and honest to god good characterization will, though.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 28, 2011 8:25 PM

Sep 2011
insan3soldiern said:
It's true that it is impossible to judge an anime as a whole based on just the first three episodes and you shouldn't, as it is kind of building the ground work. But, the fact is that these first three episodes have been sub par at best featuring nearly every single cliche (transfer student, sudden girl friend, girl moving in, pull weapon from chest, teenager with the ultimate power, etc) I've seen during in my time watching anime.

Now, it's true some of them do make sense given the situation such as first and third cliches I mentioned but, still, it isn't even as though the writers are trying. Then again, these are the same people who wrote Code Geass and stole nearly every cliche out there for that. But, as previously stated, at least that series had an interesting lead.

And, the Shinji Ikari comparisons are laughable. Besides their reserved personalities they are barely alike and Shinji was a hell of a lot more interesting than Shu by this point in his respective series. I think the writers would love it if Shu could have the impact that Shinji had on the industry...though, as much as I like the character of Shinji, I don't think the general populace is ready for another character of his type.

Before you accuse me of needlessly bashing this series, I will be the first to say the series is good if it turns out good. But, so far, it isn't. Also, it's worth noting that Shu growing a pair of balls will not suddenly magically make the series good. A narrative structure that doesn't rely upon plot twist for no good reason and honest to god good characterization will, though.

When as pulling weapon from chest a cliche?

Reason for all this hate:
Overhyping and subpar actual content

I guess it's like astrolotte no omocha?
Oct 28, 2011 8:34 PM

Jun 2009
@ Godlykyon

I don't know if it's necessarily a cliche, but I've heard of at least one other show recently doing it. And, have you seen Revolutionary Girl Utena?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 28, 2011 8:41 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Nice animation... but need a bit more on the plot side and character development.

Although Shu hopefully will become less naive. I was lol-ing hard when he got caught.... You seriously are going to trust a drug addict lol?
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Oct 28, 2011 8:44 PM

May 2008
Betrayal is a bitch.
Oct 28, 2011 8:57 PM

Sep 2008
Dr. Ginger

Entertaining episode though; I think the op is enough to make the episode good.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2011 10:00 PM
Oct 2008
Really disappointing episode. Shu continues to be another limp-wristed, bland protagonist in a long line, all the school stuff and Inori suddenly moving into his house was worthy of many eye rolls, and the way his friend was quickly introduced and then quickly converted into a bad guy who sells him out at the first opportunity made the rest of the episode feel rushed. Sure, it looks amazing and the actions scenes have been great, but if the writing's not there to back it up then there's hardly any reason to keep watching.

We'll see how things go in the next few episodes, but I don't have a great deal of confidence left in this series.

On a side note: Shu was directly involved in the death of dozens of government soldiers. The next day he just goes back to school as if nothing happened. REALLY???
Oct 28, 2011 10:19 PM

Apr 2009
Lulexiaa said:
OMGGGG!!!! WHAT A BACKSTABBING LITTLE BITCH!!!!!

I know huh?! Ugh, man, just when I thought it was all okay, that little monster just has ruin Shu's momentary happiness. I totally regret my feeling of worry that something bad would happen to him. He could have at least shoved Inori out with him. D:

The only good that will come from this is some nice drama and action. Poor Shu...
Oct 28, 2011 10:38 PM

May 2010
So what is that Norma gene thing?
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Oct 28, 2011 10:53 PM

Oct 2011
Confucius said:

It's a type of drug. Can't remember, but it came along as a by-product of the Void Genome research, I think. I could be wrong, but I remember hearing that, I think.
Oct 28, 2011 11:22 PM

Oct 2010
BRSxIgnition said:
Confucius said:

It's a type of drug. Can't remember, but it came along as a by-product of the Void Genome research, I think. I could be wrong, but I remember hearing that, I think.
Is that what gives Gai some powers?

I am confused honestly because it first I though this drug was in fact a temporary means to give Gai his powers. Now it does not seem to be the case.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Oct 28, 2011 11:44 PM

Dec 2010
Yumekichi11 said:
BRSxIgnition said:
Confucius said:

I am confused honestly because it first I though this drug was in fact a temporary means to give Gai his powers. Now it does not seem to be the case.

I'm fairly sure that the Norma Gene (or w/e its called) is simply a new type of drug similar to the drugs we have today; and does not enhance anything considering people like that jerk backstabber use it; as for Gai's power this is obviously speculation but my guess is that it isn't inherit but a effect of w/e appears to have happened during Shu's memory fragments; it isn't confirmed that he or Inori are those in the fragments but if so... Gai appeared to be dead and covered in blood,so perhaps how he survived is the cause of how he gained said power.

What I'm curious about is Shu's mom who appears to be a researcher/developer for the Void so it makes me wonder if all the fragments were caused/or a part of him possibly being a test subject? if this Void rule for under 17 years is true than wouldn't it make sense to test as young as possible, i mean i don't see the logic in testing 16 years old when they only have one year left of being applicable, and while human experiments should be illegal even in this future setting i don't see those type of scientists as the ones with principles and morals.
Oct 29, 2011 12:32 AM

Aug 2011
BRSxIgnition said:

You're trying way too ridiculously hard to defend the series against certain flaws people find. Try not being a fanboy.
Oct 29, 2011 1:08 AM

Sep 2011
insan3soldiern said:
@ Godlykyon

I don't know if it's necessarily a cliche, but I've heard of at least one other show recently doing it. And, have you seen Revolutionary Girl Utena?

I doubt it, this is one of the first times I have seen it. Or at least remembered. Deginitely dint think it's a cliche; never seen the Utena you speak of.

Damn, Shu's "friend's" back stabbing had no impact at all. They did it wrong. Of it was someone he trusted at least for a while then it would've had a least a bit more effect. But he literally showed up in the same episode, and that's as hood as a stranger to Us.

Shu's naive shinji ikari.
Oct 29, 2011 1:09 AM

Sep 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
BRSxIgnition said:
Confucius said:

I think IRS ehh he wanted Shu's powers in the first place, how amazing would that be? It like know what you would get for a lottery each time!
Oct 29, 2011 1:24 AM

Jan 2011
Yumekichi11 said:

Thank you dammit.
Oct 29, 2011 2:41 AM

Apr 2011
Watched eps 3

Oh My God! Production I.G is trolling us!! This anime is the biggest joke after Endless 8. WTF, rather than being a shonen-action-battle anime. Its more like an expensive parody act!! *facep-*
Oct 29, 2011 3:49 AM
Jul 2011
Yumekichi11 said:
I though I should the delicious hating session going on. I am sry but hating on this anime is fine. That is because it exploits its weakness and that is rather enjoyable to see.

I agree that it fine to exploit weaknesses and yes not all anime can be 10/10 but I still think there's a way to do it objectively. I'm more referring to specific posts purely complaining about the same things or that are calling the show stupid for things you should realize are meant to be explained or developed later on. They don't contain much more than the same "This is a rip-off", "So many cliches", "This MC is a pussy". Saying this again and again is just annoying especially since some don't bother expanding on why they might think so let alone explaining how it fits into the context of this episode.

I remember reading your posts last episode about the fanservice and I think that was perfectly okay. Expressing distaste of fanservice is still within the discussion of the episode. Pointing out things you noticed or might have even found off in the episode is great too because it can spark discussion. Such as the Under 17 years old thing which I admit sounded a bit dodgy to me too at first but which some have attempted to answer.

And that being said I don't even think GC should be garnering as much hate as it is currently getting. While it might not be the best or most original thing I've ever seen in my life these past few episodes, I would think that it would at least be mildly entertaining for most. Treating it with such contempt so early on, I find it hard to believe people are going to try enjoying it to the fullest. It's almost like they have an in-built mind set that they have to observe and mention every single (sometimes insignificant) flaw so that they can prove that they were right to think that way. I don't see what's fun about watching a show like that especially when it's not one really designed for hatred.
KappamakiOct 29, 2011 3:59 AM
Oct 29, 2011 7:10 AM

Mar 2010
I'm about to drop this like a bad habit.

Shu's turning out to be another one of those pansy-ass leads; making me wanna punch him in the face because of how he reacts and carries himself. Even more so though, I wanna punch the creators of this show (and the people who license this) in their collective face.

Artefact of Sankaku Complex gave it good points. So I figured it's gonna SUCK. ;_;
Oct 29, 2011 7:20 AM

Mar 2010
Kappamaki said:
And that being said I don't even think GC should be garnering as much hate as it is currently getting. While it might not be the best or most original thing I've ever seen in my life these past few episodes, I would think that it would at least be mildly entertaining for most. Treating it with such contempt so early on, I find it hard to believe people are going to try enjoying it to the fullest. It's almost like they have an in-built mind set that they have to observe and mention every single (sometimes insignificant) flaw so that they can prove that they were right to think that way. I don't see what's fun about watching a show like that especially when it's not one really designed for hatred.

But the MC IS a pussy.

Also: You act as if a show like that shouldn't get as much hatred early on. (We have people who go and license shows before they air on TV.) What the hell?

It goes back to me wondering who would watch a show about a young guy who kicks a lot of ass yet can't even win a fight against women. ("A lot of folks," last I checked. And it's a good thing fighting games are making a comeback.)

I wholeheartedly believe that people are horrible. Or else they wouldn't make franchises like MM!, Clannad, and Guilty Crown (the way it is).
Oct 29, 2011 7:41 AM

Sep 2011
A
Tyrenol said:
I'm about to drop this like a bad habit.

Shu's turning out to be another one of those pansy-ass leads; making me wanna punch him in the face because of how he reacts and carries himself. Even more so though, I wanna punch the creators of this show (and the people who license this) in their collective face.

Artefact of Sankaku Complex gave it good points. So I figured it's gonna SUCK. ;_;[/quotend ]

Oh so SankakuComplex good = bad? I figured as TGE shows it show there are mostly really bad looking ecchis. Though haganai is good.
Oct 29, 2011 7:50 AM

Oct 2011
People keep throwing the Code Geass card, and I can understand where everyone is coming from. However I loved Code Geass, so if this is just a copy of it with different character names, I'm sure I'll love it too. I don't think it will end up being so, even if many of the main aspects of this series are easily relatable and almost direct pulls from Code Geass. The mind makes up what it wants, so isn't it plausible that any mecha/fantasy style anime where a school boy gets a power can be compared to Code Geass. If anything that should make you want to watch the series more if it reminded you of such a good series as CG.

That aside, the retarded rules for pulling out the Void: I have a theory on this, if you noticed people "faint" when their void is pulled out. I think that the age limit could be due to the idea of lifeforce or vitality, and their void is a part of this, as they get older and their lifeforce begins to fade, pulling such a large portion of it out could potentially kill the person.

It may be farfetched but it was just an idea.

Can't wait for episode 4 :)
Oct 29, 2011 8:31 AM
Jul 2011
Tyrenol: To me he's just a normal kid, he may be anti-social but not to the point where I find him emotionally unstable. I've definitely seen much worse. The decisions he makes, I find realistic. Not wanting to get arrested or killed by armed soldiers/mechs/etc and wanting to live a normal life ...it's not exactly GAR but it's still very understandable. Also even when he does get drawn into a fight, he fights. He's not bumbling and crying about how he can't do it, unless I've totally been skipping on those bits.

I'm not saying shows can't possibly receive hatred early on, I'm saying I don't think GC has been SO bloody darn horrible that it really deserves this sort of backlash. But I don't know, to each his own.

I don't know how the licensing business works but I would assume they have have more knowledge than us to base on whether they think the show is a good investment or not. Same with the manga and VN adaption. I doubt that Shounen Gangan or Nitroplus just decided to do invest with GC on impulse without doing a little bit a research. Heck they most likely know most of, if not everything, about what is going to happen in the anime by now too. This is another reason why I am hopeful for the series other than the fact that there's still 19 episodes left.

Saetia: That could be a possibility too. (: I've heard others say it might be linked to the Apocolypse Virus and also how maybe instead of thinking that 17 years old is the limit for void they might actually mean that voids can only be pulled out of people who were born after a certain year. It's all a secret anyhow which Shu even questions himself. Can't wait to see how it's explained.
KappamakiOct 29, 2011 8:34 AM
Oct 29, 2011 8:51 AM
Jun 2008
fellow honorable critic comment.
TL;DR

Anyway,Inori is so sexy .This episode is kinda funny when Shuu rape everyone with his new ability lol
That handsome guy(dunno what name) seems like a bad guy =P
Oct 29, 2011 9:00 AM

Oct 2011
DraconisMarch said:
BRSxIgnition said:

You're trying way too ridiculously hard to defend the series against certain flaws people find. Try not being a fanboy.

I never tried hard at anything. I simply state facts, it's not hard at all.

But as another poster here said, the biggest mistake you will do here is insult each other. Because that is stupid.

And no, good sir, I will not start an argument with you.
Oct 29, 2011 9:55 AM

May 2010
Oh so that Void Genome had some interesting rules that makes it funny lol !! ^_^

But I did not see that Yahiro would betray Shu !!
MyAmyOct 29, 2011 10:00 AM
Oct 29, 2011 10:07 AM

Mar 2010
Kappamaki said:
Tyrenol: To me he's just a normal kid, he may be anti-social but not to the point where I find him emotionally unstable. I've definitely seen much worse. The decisions he makes, I find realistic. Not wanting to get arrested or killed by armed soldiers/mechs/etc and wanting to live a normal life ...it's not exactly GAR but it's still very understandable. Also even when he does get drawn into a fight, he fights. He's not bumbling and crying about how he can't do it, unless I've totally been skipping on those bits.

I honestly don't know how to explain why Shu is PUSSY. Or, more to the point, I have a few examples of shounen who AREN'T PUSSY:

* Senta (Fight! Ippatsu! Juuden-chan!!)
* Almost all of the male cast from Vampire Knight (Guilty), 07 Ghost, Zombie Loan, Black Cat, Heroic Age, Tactics, and Nabari no Ou.
* All of those guys you seen in anime done by the combo of Madhouse and Marvel.

All I'm asking for is a male lead who isn't a studdering social outcast; who knows how to defend himself and isn't making excuses to counter his lameness. I KNOW I'm asking the wrong group of people, but...

Kappamaki said:
I don't know how the licensing business works but I would assume they have have more knowledge than us to base on whether they think the show is a good investment or not. Same with the manga and VN adaption. I doubt that Shounen Gangan or Nitroplus just decided to do invest with GC on impulse without doing a little bit a research. Heck they most likely know most of, if not everything, about what is going to happen in the anime by now too. This is another reason why I am hopeful for the series other than the fact that there's still 19 episodes left.

A larger percent of the time, companies don't do research. They just throw it out there and hope it makes money at the start. But what I'll say next is the main argument.

The practice of simulcasting for the non-Japanese, non-Asian audience is (IMMHO) annoying. The lot of us don't just make the decision of "Oh Hey! Let's Watch What We Don't Know" before we watch it. We give it a few episodes. Then we either watch it or drop it.

Grabbing a show before it's "liked" or becomes "popular" is like saying to the (potential) audience "F### Your Opinions." The danger is that a company like FUNi or S23 would take like 10 shows; they would basically be the same thing in its core, and then they'd market them like they're the "best damned, must have shows on the planet." (Niche market mentality at play here, folks.)

(And all the reason why I can still respect Media Blasters, despite all difficulties, because they atleast know the beauty of "waiting until the dust settles" before they pick up and license anything. Says one owner of "Squid Girl DVD Part 1.")
Oct 29, 2011 10:09 AM

May 2008
Best friend betrays you.

....fuck my life I saw it coming a mile away.

Now I'm pissed. Fucking Yahiro. Why. I can't even. Stupid government and shit.

The same familiar frustration from 3 years ago is coming back full force. &Yes I mean the frustration I had from watching Code Geass. Sue me.

Oct 29, 2011 12:00 PM

May 2011
SHU, NOOOO!!!! That bastard Yahiro, even after Shu saved him from being shot! I hope he dies a slow and painful death!!!

I’m just trying to be okay. Some days it’s harder than others. I hide away the most real parts of myself from everyone else. The emotions that I try to escape from. The constant pain I feel. The nightmares that keep me awake at night.

It hurts sometimes... knowing that the world is continuing happily all around me while I continue to drown in alcohol and slowly die inside myself.

Oct 29, 2011 12:09 PM

May 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
Gai appeared to be dead and covered in blood,so perhaps how he survived is the cause of how he gained said power.

Where/when was this?
Oct 29, 2011 12:18 PM

Dec 2010
PeKan said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
Gai appeared to be dead and covered in blood,so perhaps how he survived is the cause of how he gained said power.

Where/when was this?

It was in the the memory fragments in the first episode right before Shu first used his power, there were images of what appeared to be a young Inori and Gai, and like i mentioned the researcher in this episode who appears to be Shu's mom appeared as well, all though none of this is confirmed the picture I'm referring to is in the spoiler

Also this photo of what also appears to be Gai has him wearing the same clothes as the picture in which he appears dead which leads me to assume that whatever happened in all the fragments possibly happened all that day, other fragments showed what appeared to be Inori in a Christmas setting and the virus which the plot history was built around was called "Lost Christmas" so it makes me assume its related; the pictures of the young "Gai" and the young "Inori" are in the spoiler below

InfiniteDestinyOct 29, 2011 12:32 PM
Oct 29, 2011 12:41 PM

Aug 2010
Ohh, I'm liking where this series is going.

Yahiro being "Sugar" was predictable, but what got me was that Shu figured it out on his own, instead of being the usual dummy main character who never saw it coming. And honestly, I didn't think the backstabbing would happen so soon.

This series has high potential to become something good. Looking forward to the next episode.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Pissed me off

rishamr - Apr 15

40 by kyouya_akai »»
Apr 21, 3:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ChronosXIII - Oct 16, 2011

384 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Oct 13, 2011

503 by ozrodger46 »»
Apr 11, 8:32 PM

» Guilty Crown Ending Explanation/Interpretation ( 1 2 3 4 )

Xspy70 - Jul 21, 2015

179 by immaluckez »»
Mar 15, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Guilty Crown Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Yumekichi11 - Dec 1, 2011

394 by Starbraker61 »»
Feb 25, 2:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.