KonikFeb 26, 2016 10:08 AM

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (33) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 15, 2011 7:54 PM
May 2010
recommendation for an awsome anime like hokuto no ken
Oct 16, 2011 4:06 PM

Oct 2009
Looking at your list, you have already watched everything I can think of that is similiar.
Like Berserk, Claymore etc. Maybe Sword of the Stranger would do.

Oct 17, 2011 3:38 AM
Sep 2011
An anime where the girl is strong
Like: MM/Toradora/KaichouWaMaidSama/MayoChiki/Special A
yeh. stuff like that
ragnaritz1Oct 17, 2011 3:43 AM
Oct 17, 2011 1:47 PM

Mar 2008
Tetsuwan Birdy
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun

Oct 17, 2011 3:15 PM
Jul 2018
ragnaritz1 said:
Like: MM/Toradora/KaichouWaMaidSama/MayoChiki/Special A
yeh. stuff like that

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?
Kurokami
Omamori Himari
Shinkyoku Souka Polyphonica
Yumekui Merry
Inukami!
Oct 17, 2011 4:25 PM

Mar 2010
ragnaritz1 said:

Dennou Coil
Kino no Tabi
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
Michiko to Hatchin
Paprika
Princess Tutu
Oct 17, 2011 6:13 PM
Nov 2009
An anime where the girl is strong:
Mightiest Disciple Kenichi?
KuroKami?
Oct 18, 2011 2:20 AM

Oct 2011
ragnaritz1 said:

I would suggest:

- Fate/stay Night
- Soul Eater
- Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
- Princess Mononoke
Oct 18, 2011 4:02 AM
Sep 2011
Thanks a lot! helped a lot. =D
Oct 18, 2011 5:50 PM
Jul 2018
Still looking for animes with well done CGI like macross zero and macross frontier
Any Help?
If none then something like eureka 7's ship to ship combat ei: the gekkofighting off 3 assault carriers and other eye candy

It ok if I dont get what I'm searching for....I'll just sit at that corner and cry alittle
Oct 18, 2011 6:16 PM

Mar 2010
Cry no more and watch Last Exile.
Oct 18, 2011 7:30 PM
Jul 2007
Recently watched "Legend of the galactic heroes" And i can't get enough!
I have failed thus far to find a similarly epic anime experience, any help?

Basically what i am looking for is, EPIC SCALE, NO SUPERNATURAL-POWERS, GOOD STORY and NON-EPISODIC.

No comedy/school/slice of life moe girls.

Animes that are similar that i have already watched: Terra e, Death Note and Code Geass.
Oct 18, 2011 8:06 PM

Mar 2010
From what I've heard, very few anime can live up to the extremely high standards of LoGH, so have fun with that lol. Anyways, I see you've already started watching Monster, but I can think of a few shows that might interest you: Bokurano, Eden of the East, Last Exile, Gankutsuou and Steins;Gate.
Oct 19, 2011 3:33 AM
Jul 2007
brianwuzhere said:
From what I've heard, very few anime can live up to the extremely high standards of LoGH, so have fun with that lol. Anyways, I see you've already started watching Monster, but I can think of a few shows that might interest you: Bokurano, Eden of the East, Last Exile, Gankutsuou and Steins;Gate.

I have actually started watching steins;gate, but i have a problem with it. After one episode my head hurts just because of that retarded little girl.
Oct 19, 2011 3:45 AM

Jul 2010
If that 'retarded little girl' can make your head hurt enough for you to be unable to watch the anime, then maybe you shouldn't continue it indeed. But then again, you'd be missing out on something good.
Oct 19, 2011 4:28 AM

Oct 2011
ragnaritz1 said:
Thanks a lot! helped a lot. =D

No problem :)
Oct 19, 2011 6:31 AM
Oct 2010
Havrd said:
Basically what i am looking for is, EPIC SCALE, NO SUPERNATURAL-POWERS, GOOD STORY and NON-EPISODIC.
Animes that are similar that i have already watched: Terra e, Death Note and Code Geass.

Gundam SEED is the way.
Oct 19, 2011 7:16 AM

Oct 2011
Havrd said:

Well as far as I recall Crest of the Stars and later Banner of the Stars were a bit like it.
Oct 19, 2011 10:55 AM

Oct 2009
I am currently watching Gankutsuou, and I can second the recommendation on it. Also Steins; Gate is worth the watch like Okaishi said.

Oct 19, 2011 3:16 PM

Jan 2010
Havrd said:

Well, kind of old but you can go with "Space Battleship Yamato" (Uchuu Senkan Yamato). If not, you have Tytania, similar but too short and you might want to label it as a cheap version of "Legend of the galactic heroes" after watching it.

Oct 19, 2011 5:22 PM
Jul 2007
Thanks for the help guys!

And btw, its not like im not going to finish it. Just saying that after 10 eps, i find it really hard. The real driving force is the protagonist and the setting!
If only there were no annoying moe-girls.... oh well
Oct 20, 2011 2:45 AM

Aug 2010
Hey can someone reccomend a Manga or anime (prefer Manga). where there are music or just showbiz with a little older ppl like "kaikan phrase", "Love Celeb", "Youth Gone Wild", or "The One".. i dont wnat these short 1 shot or those who got like 14 - 18 chapters i want something that last, so you can se how the evolve and stuff.
i dont want these yung ppl, would like the older type where there is love and sex is included. it´doesnt have to be sex i just think it makes the story more real. would appreciate it alot!! Thx
UltimatePleasureOct 20, 2011 4:07 AM
Hey,Nana, do you remember our first encounter?

nee 、 nana ha 、 watashi tachi no saisho no deai oboe te?

ちょっと、ナナ、最初の出会いを覚えてますか?
Oct 20, 2011 6:17 AM

Mar 2010
Havrd said:
Thanks for the help guys!
And btw, its not like im not going to finish it. Just saying that after 10 eps, i find it really hard. The real driving force is the protagonist and the setting!
If only there were no annoying moe-girls.... oh well

Keep at it, you're about to reach the turning point of the series.
Oct 20, 2011 2:07 PM
Nov 2009
What's everybody's favorite anime? If u guys enjoye it a lot I'd love to watch it. Especially since I'm not too picky.
Oct 20, 2011 2:52 PM

Mar 2008
codegeassfan said:
What's everybody's favorite anime? If u guys enjoye it a lot I'd love to watch it. Especially since I'm not too picky.

Every anime on my list rated 7 or above. Have fun^^

Oct 20, 2011 5:51 PM
Jul 2007
codegeassfan said:

Well you have watched double the amount of anime that i have, but i still think i have some gems for you.

Epic / over the top:
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Top wo nerae
Jojo's bizarre adventure

Beautiful:
Terra e..
Mushishi
Shigurui

Movies:
Sword of the stranger
Summer wars
Toki wo kakeru shoujo
Hajime no ippo Movies (becasue it's a must see if you have seen the show)
Redline / Tailenders

Mindgame animes like deathnote and code geass:
Akagi
Kaiji
One Outs

Other:
Baccano!
Durarara
Cowboy bebop
Gungrave
Bakemonogatari
Katanagatari

And finally my CURRENT favorite anime: Legend of the galactic heroes
Oct 21, 2011 12:45 AM

Oct 2011
codegeassfan said:

Judging from your list and also because it's my favourite anime i'd say, watch D. Gray-Man! It's Epic! XD
Oct 23, 2011 8:12 PM
Sep 2011
Hi so im looking for anime similar to Toradora/School Rumble/Angel Beats. Something in the genres of comedy/romance/slice of life/school/comedy. Harem and action are optional. Stuff more modern. I really liked the story and art of the anime above. Some other anime i really liked are Anohana, Hidan No Aria, Baka and Test, Highschool of the Dead and Spice and Wolf. Any recommendations? Please and thanks~
Oct 23, 2011 8:42 PM

Mar 2010
Kimi ni Todoke
Kuragehime
Hanasaku Iroha
Hourou Musuko
Mitsudomoe Zouryouchuu!
Nichijou
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru
Usagi Drop
Oct 23, 2011 8:47 PM

Aug 2007
Kellenn said:
Hi so im looking for anime similar to Toradora/School Rumble/Angel Beats. Something in the genres of comedy/romance/slice of life/school/comedy.

Lovely Complex might be a good watch if you enjoy that sort of HS romance/comedy tone.

Oct 23, 2011 11:42 PM

Jan 2010
Kellenn said:
Hi so im looking for anime similar to Toradora/School Rumble/Angel Beats. Something in the genres of comedy/romance/slice of life/school/comedy. Harem and action are optional. Stuff more modern. I really liked the story and art of the anime above. Some other anime i really liked are Anohana, Hidan No Aria, Baka and Test, Highschool of the Dead and Spice and Wolf. Any recommendations? Please and thanks~

Sola, Bakemonogatari, Fortune Arterial: Akai Yakusoku, Fruits Basket,Shuffle!,Skip Beat!,Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu.

Hope this helps ^^
Oct 24, 2011 5:03 AM

Oct 2011
codegeassfan said:

Aria
Sketchbook
Azumanga Daioh
Nichijou
Kamichu
Hidamari Sketch
Scrapped Princess
K-On!
last episode of AzoHana
Dalek-bakaOct 24, 2011 5:07 AM
Oct 24, 2011 5:49 AM

Aug 2009
Havrd said:

My recs to a fellow LoGH fan... Watch Rose of Versailles. You won't get disappointed. I myself prefer LoGH to RoV. Still it's the closest anime I think of in regards to LoGH.

Other anime you should check out include..
Seikai no Senki and its sequels. No doubt no where near as epic as LoGH. But in terms of epic space battles it has to offer, it is worth giving a shot.

Planetes is another one you should pay attention to. Of course not as epic as LoGH, but it doesn't get beaten in good characters and story department. Moreover, much harder and much more realistic in sci-fi applications.

If you can take out "no supernatural" from your specs, you can get some more.
We are the United. Even in defeat we stand united.

Oct 26, 2011 11:37 AM

Mar 2011
Can you give me a reccomendation of an anime like Hunter X Hunter?
I've watched all the OVA's
This anime is so badass
Oct 26, 2011 11:56 AM

Jan 2010
dlee72895 said:
Can you give me a reccomendation of an anime like Hunter X Hunter?
I've watched all the OVA's
This anime is so badass

If you love Hunter X Hunter you cant go wrong with Yu Yu Hakusho!
Oct 26, 2011 12:27 PM

Jul 2009
does anyone know any anime they can recommend to me. Mainly anime series with scene's of rooms/buildings high tech or low tech design's. an example would be like the Anime No. 6 where its showed what the house and room of the main characte shionr looked like at the first few episodes xD another example is NHK ni Youkoso since Satou is staying alot in his room, his room in an apartment is always shown. or Gundam 00 with its high tech satellite elevator and many more. In term's of genre i think any genre will do as long as there are building's or inside look of the building shown. I just want to look at a range of building' designs xP thanks in advance. :)
オール・イズ・バニッティー

Oct 26, 2011 1:07 PM

Jan 2010
roorensu-kun said:
does anyone know any anime they can recommend to me. Mainly anime series with scene's of rooms/buildings high tech or low tech design's. an example would be like the Anime No. 6 where its showed what the house and room of the main characte shionr looked like at the first few episodes xD another example is NHK ni Youkoso since Satou is staying alot in his room, his room in an apartment is always shown. or Gundam 00 with its high tech satellite elevator and many more. In term's of genre i think any genre will do as long as there are building's or inside look of the building shown. I just want to look at a range of building' designs xP thanks in advance. :)

Hmm i believe you would love Steins;Gate then. Hope this helps ^^
Oct 26, 2011 3:21 PM
May 2010
i cant find my nest anime. :(
Oct 27, 2011 8:55 AM

Jul 2009
spectralmirage said:
roorensu-kun said:

Hmm i believe you would love Steins;Gate then. Hope this helps ^^

Is it a good show? does it also show any buildings or like inside of buildings xD
Im going to check it out then .^^
オール・イズ・バニッティー

Oct 29, 2011 8:12 PM
Mar 2010
hi everyone :)

could anyone recommend any anime that could be similar to Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou?
Oct 30, 2011 2:54 AM

Aug 2009
Zero no Tsukaima
Toaru Majutsu no Index
Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari
IS: Infinite Stratos
Mai-Otome
Oct 30, 2011 9:14 AM
Oct 2011
Can someone recommend some comedic harem animes with some action?
Animes like these:

Infinite Stratos
Princess Lover
Omamori Himari
Asu no Yoichi
Rosario + Vampire
Zero no Tuskaima
Ichiban ushiro no daimaou
Oct 30, 2011 9:50 AM
Sep 2009
ultkeotakuvin said:
Can someone recommend some comedic harem animes with some action?
Animes like these:

Infinite Stratos
Princess Lover
Omamori Himari
Asu no Yoichi
Rosario + Vampire
Zero no Tuskaima
Ichiban ushiro no daimaou

Asobi ni Iku Yo is what you are looking for.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
Oct 30, 2011 1:23 PM

Jul 2010
Need recommendation, Kemono no Souja Erin.

Only 2 things that i am picky about, the main character if its possible be female and the story need to have the same power that Kemono no Souja Erin had.
Nov 5, 2011 7:42 PM
May 2010
Someone please recommend me my next anime or animes. I cant find anything arghhhhhhhhhh.
Nov 5, 2011 9:44 PM

Oct 2010
Trigun1127 said:
Someone please recommend me my next anime or animes. I cant find anything arghhhhhhhhhh.

What about the one already on you PTW list, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann?

Or maybe Full Metal Panic?

Or would you be interested in things that aren't quite like the other things you watched?
Nov 6, 2011 2:50 AM

Oct 2011
Trigun1127 said:

I've got you answer... Fullmetal Alchemist.

Note: There are two series, Brotherhood is better and follows the manga, but the original is still worth watching ^^
Nov 6, 2011 3:17 PM

Apr 2008
I recently watched Glass Mask the more recent remake. Absolutely loved it. Reminded me of hikaru no go in a sense, with rivals and competition and such.
I then tried to watch kaleidostar cuz it was on the recommended list for that show but I didnt like it cuz it seemed to target a younger age group. I'm 23 yrs old btw.
If anyone would know any animes that are similar or give a similar feeling of glass mask or hikaru no go that would be awesome. (Rivals and competition where the protagonist is a genius or has a hidden talent that people slowly begin to notice)

Ive already seen prince of tennis and major in regards to a protagonist that are good at what they do. Thanks again :)
Nov 7, 2011 2:16 PM

Nov 2011
streppy said:
Need recommendation, Kemono no Souja Erin.

Only 2 things that i am picky about, the main character if its possible be female and the story need to have the same power that Kemono no Souja Erin had.

If by any chance you haven't watched Seirei no Moribito yet, then watch it. Afaik the book author is the same one.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, although Kemono is one of my top10 favorite anime, I don't know anything else quite like it. Well, maybe Witch Hunter Robin, although it's different and at first focuses merely on solving cases, the second part has a slightly similar feel to it, and it raises serious questions.
a-naoto-fanNov 7, 2011 2:27 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (33) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Introductions ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

imperlast - Jun 14, 2010

1415 by KokoroEnoMesseji »»
Mar 26, 8:21 PM

» Mecha Manga

PlasticRobot - Feb 23

0 by PlasticRobot »»
Feb 23, 7:05 PM

» Recomend any manga and i will read it!!

Tamurax - Feb 2

2 by Fauzy_Weliady »»
Feb 5, 7:15 PM

» Guys, check my paintings - Tribute to Makoto Shinkai

mufarari - Jan 13

1 by Tamurax »»
Feb 2, 7:36 AM

» I need manga

Charizardexbb - Jan 28

0 by Charizardexbb »»
Jan 28, 6:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.