Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (33) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Must be a Club Member to Reply 
#1
Oct 14, 2011 10:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1681
Modified by Konik, Feb 26, 2016 10:08 AM

 
#2
Oct 15, 2011 7:54 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 48
recommendation for an awsome anime like hokuto no ken
 
#3
Oct 16, 2011 4:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1681
Looking at your list, you have already watched everything I can think of that is similiar.
Like Berserk, Claymore etc. Maybe Sword of the Stranger would do.

 
 
#4
Oct 17, 2011 3:38 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 6
An anime where the girl is strong
Like: MM/Toradora/KaichouWaMaidSama/MayoChiki/Special A
yeh. stuff like that
Modified by ragnaritz1, Oct 17, 2011 3:43 AM
 
#5
Oct 17, 2011 1:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1462
Tetsuwan Birdy
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun
 
#6
Oct 17, 2011 3:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 705
ragnaritz1 said:
An anime where the girl is strong
Like: MM/Toradora/KaichouWaMaidSama/MayoChiki/Special A
yeh. stuff like that


Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?
Kurokami
Omamori Himari
Shinkyoku Souka Polyphonica
Yumekui Merry
Inukami!
 
#7
Oct 17, 2011 4:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 1288
ragnaritz1 said:
An anime where the girl is strong

Dennou Coil
Kino no Tabi
Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica
Michiko to Hatchin
Paprika
Princess Tutu
 
#8
Oct 17, 2011 6:13 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 90
An anime where the girl is strong:
Mightiest Disciple Kenichi?
KuroKami?
 
 
#9
Oct 18, 2011 2:20 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 1462
ragnaritz1 said:
An anime where the girl is strong


I would suggest:

- Fate/stay Night
- Soul Eater
- Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
- Princess Mononoke
 
Oct 18, 2011 4:02 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 6
Thanks a lot! helped a lot. =D
 
Oct 18, 2011 5:50 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 0
Still looking for animes with well done CGI like macross zero and macross frontier
Any Help?
If none then something like eureka 7's ship to ship combat ei: the gekkofighting off 3 assault carriers and other eye candy

It ok if I dont get what I'm searching for....I'll just sit at that corner and cry alittle
 
 
Oct 18, 2011 6:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 1288
Cry no more and watch Last Exile.
 
Oct 18, 2011 7:30 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 13
Recently watched "Legend of the galactic heroes" And i can't get enough!
I have failed thus far to find a similarly epic anime experience, any help?

Basically what i am looking for is, EPIC SCALE, NO SUPERNATURAL-POWERS, GOOD STORY and NON-EPISODIC.

No comedy/school/slice of life moe girls.

Animes that are similar that i have already watched: Terra e, Death Note and Code Geass.
 
Oct 18, 2011 8:06 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 1288
From what I've heard, very few anime can live up to the extremely high standards of LoGH, so have fun with that lol. Anyways, I see you've already started watching Monster, but I can think of a few shows that might interest you: Bokurano, Eden of the East, Last Exile, Gankutsuou and Steins;Gate.
 
Oct 19, 2011 3:33 AM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 13
brianwuzhere said:
From what I've heard, very few anime can live up to the extremely high standards of LoGH, so have fun with that lol. Anyways, I see you've already started watching Monster, but I can think of a few shows that might interest you: Bokurano, Eden of the East, Last Exile, Gankutsuou and Steins;Gate.


I have actually started watching steins;gate, but i have a problem with it. After one episode my head hurts just because of that retarded little girl.
 
Oct 19, 2011 3:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 662
If that 'retarded little girl' can make your head hurt enough for you to be unable to watch the anime, then maybe you shouldn't continue it indeed. But then again, you'd be missing out on something good.
 
Oct 19, 2011 4:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 1462
ragnaritz1 said:
Thanks a lot! helped a lot. =D


No problem :)
 
Oct 19, 2011 6:31 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 51
Havrd said:
Recently watched "Legend of the galactic heroes" And i can't get enough!
I have failed thus far to find a similarly epic anime experience, any help?
Basically what i am looking for is, EPIC SCALE, NO SUPERNATURAL-POWERS, GOOD STORY and NON-EPISODIC.
No comedy/school/slice of life moe girls.
Animes that are similar that i have already watched: Terra e, Death Note and Code Geass.


Gundam SEED is the way.
 
Oct 19, 2011 7:16 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 2381
Havrd said:
Recently watched "Legend of the galactic heroes" And i can't get enough!
I have failed thus far to find a similarly epic anime experience, any help?
Basically what i am looking for is, EPIC SCALE, NO SUPERNATURAL-POWERS, GOOD STORY and NON-EPISODIC.
No comedy/school/slice of life moe girls.
Animes that are similar that i have already watched: Terra e, Death Note and Code Geass.


Well as far as I recall Crest of the Stars and later Banner of the Stars were a bit like it.
 
 
Oct 19, 2011 10:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 1681
I am currently watching Gankutsuou, and I can second the recommendation on it. Also Steins; Gate is worth the watch like Okaishi said.

 
Oct 19, 2011 3:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 141
Havrd said:
Recently watched "Legend of the galactic heroes" And i can't get enough!
I have failed thus far to find a similarly epic anime experience, any help?
Basically what i am looking for is, EPIC SCALE, NO SUPERNATURAL-POWERS, GOOD STORY and NON-EPISODIC.
No comedy/school/slice of life moe girls.
Animes that are similar that i have already watched: Terra e, Death Note and Code Geass.

Well, kind of old but you can go with "Space Battleship Yamato" (Uchuu Senkan Yamato). If not, you have Tytania, similar but too short and you might want to label it as a cheap version of "Legend of the galactic heroes" after watching it.






 
Oct 19, 2011 5:22 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 13
Thanks for the help guys!

And btw, its not like im not going to finish it. Just saying that after 10 eps, i find it really hard. The real driving force is the protagonist and the setting!
If only there were no annoying moe-girls.... oh well
 
Oct 20, 2011 2:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 183
Hey can someone reccomend a Manga or anime (prefer Manga). where there are music or just showbiz with a little older ppl like "kaikan phrase", "Love Celeb", "Youth Gone Wild", or "The One".. i dont wnat these short 1 shot or those who got like 14 - 18 chapters i want something that last, so you can se how the evolve and stuff.
i dont want these yung ppl, would like the older type where there is love and sex is included. it´doesnt have to be sex i just think it makes the story more real. would appreciate it alot!! Thx
Modified by UltimatePleasure, Oct 20, 2011 4:07 AM
Hey,Nana, do you remember our first encounter?



nee 、 nana ha 、 watashi tachi no saisho no deai oboe te?



ちょっと、ナナ、最初の出会いを覚えてますか?
 
 
Oct 20, 2011 6:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 1288
Havrd said:
Thanks for the help guys!
And btw, its not like im not going to finish it. Just saying that after 10 eps, i find it really hard. The real driving force is the protagonist and the setting!
If only there were no annoying moe-girls.... oh well

Keep at it, you're about to reach the turning point of the series.
 
Oct 20, 2011 2:07 PM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 90
What's everybody's favorite anime? If u guys enjoye it a lot I'd love to watch it. Especially since I'm not too picky.
 
Oct 20, 2011 2:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 1462
codegeassfan said:
What's everybody's favorite anime? If u guys enjoye it a lot I'd love to watch it. Especially since I'm not too picky.


Every anime on my list rated 7 or above. Have fun^^
 
Oct 20, 2011 5:51 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 13
codegeassfan said:
What's everybody's favorite anime? If u guys enjoye it a lot I'd love to watch it. Especially since I'm not too picky.


Well you have watched double the amount of anime that i have, but i still think i have some gems for you.

Epic / over the top:
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Top wo nerae
Jojo's bizarre adventure

Beautiful:
Terra e..
Mushishi
Shigurui

Movies:
Sword of the stranger
Summer wars
Toki wo kakeru shoujo
Hajime no ippo Movies (becasue it's a must see if you have seen the show)
Redline / Tailenders

Mindgame animes like deathnote and code geass:
Akagi
Kaiji
One Outs

Other:
Baccano!
Durarara
Cowboy bebop
Gungrave
Bakemonogatari
Katanagatari

And finally my CURRENT favorite anime: Legend of the galactic heroes
 
Oct 21, 2011 12:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 1462
codegeassfan said:
What's everybody's favorite anime? If u guys enjoye it a lot I'd love to watch it. Especially since I'm not too picky.

Judging from your list and also because it's my favourite anime i'd say, watch D. Gray-Man! It's Epic! XD
 
Oct 23, 2011 8:12 PM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 34
Hi so im looking for anime similar to Toradora/School Rumble/Angel Beats. Something in the genres of comedy/romance/slice of life/school/comedy. Harem and action are optional. Stuff more modern. I really liked the story and art of the anime above. Some other anime i really liked are Anohana, Hidan No Aria, Baka and Test, Highschool of the Dead and Spice and Wolf. Any recommendations? Please and thanks~
 
 
Oct 23, 2011 8:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 1288
Kimi ni Todoke
Kuragehime
Hanasaku Iroha
Hourou Musuko
Mitsudomoe Zouryouchuu!
Nichijou
Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru
Usagi Drop
 
Oct 23, 2011 8:47 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1811
Kellenn said:
Hi so im looking for anime similar to Toradora/School Rumble/Angel Beats. Something in the genres of comedy/romance/slice of life/school/comedy.


Lovely Complex might be a good watch if you enjoy that sort of HS romance/comedy tone.


 
Oct 23, 2011 11:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 30
Kellenn said:
Hi so im looking for anime similar to Toradora/School Rumble/Angel Beats. Something in the genres of comedy/romance/slice of life/school/comedy. Harem and action are optional. Stuff more modern. I really liked the story and art of the anime above. Some other anime i really liked are Anohana, Hidan No Aria, Baka and Test, Highschool of the Dead and Spice and Wolf. Any recommendations? Please and thanks~


Sola, Bakemonogatari, Fortune Arterial: Akai Yakusoku, Fruits Basket,Shuffle!,Skip Beat!,Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu.

Hope this helps ^^
 
Oct 24, 2011 5:03 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 2381
codegeassfan said:
What's everybody's favorite anime? If u guys enjoye it a lot I'd love to watch it. Especially since I'm not too picky.


Aria
Sketchbook
Azumanga Daioh
Nichijou
Kamichu
Hidamari Sketch
Scrapped Princess
K-On!
last episode of AzoHana
Modified by Dalek-baka, Oct 24, 2011 5:07 AM
 
Oct 24, 2011 5:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 1833
Havrd said:
Recently watched "Legend of the galactic heroes" And i can't get enough!
I have failed thus far to find a similarly epic anime experience, any help?
Basically what i am looking for is, EPIC SCALE, NO SUPERNATURAL-POWERS, GOOD STORY and NON-EPISODIC.
No comedy/school/slice of life moe girls.
Animes that are similar that i have already watched: Terra e, Death Note and Code Geass.


My recs to a fellow LoGH fan... Watch Rose of Versailles. You won't get disappointed. I myself prefer LoGH to RoV. Still it's the closest anime I think of in regards to LoGH.

Other anime you should check out include..
Seikai no Senki and its sequels. No doubt no where near as epic as LoGH. But in terms of epic space battles it has to offer, it is worth giving a shot.

Planetes is another one you should pay attention to. Of course not as epic as LoGH, but it doesn't get beaten in good characters and story department. Moreover, much harder and much more realistic in sci-fi applications.

If you can take out "no supernatural" from your specs, you can get some more.
We are the United. Even in defeat we stand united.

 
 
Oct 26, 2011 11:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 11
Can you give me a reccomendation of an anime like Hunter X Hunter?
I've watched all the OVA's
This anime is so badass
 
 
Oct 26, 2011 11:56 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 30
dlee72895 said:
Can you give me a reccomendation of an anime like Hunter X Hunter?
I've watched all the OVA's
This anime is so badass


If you love Hunter X Hunter you cant go wrong with Yu Yu Hakusho!
 
Oct 26, 2011 12:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 145
does anyone know any anime they can recommend to me. Mainly anime series with scene's of rooms/buildings high tech or low tech design's. an example would be like the Anime No. 6 where its showed what the house and room of the main characte shionr looked like at the first few episodes xD another example is NHK ni Youkoso since Satou is staying alot in his room, his room in an apartment is always shown. or Gundam 00 with its high tech satellite elevator and many more. In term's of genre i think any genre will do as long as there are building's or inside look of the building shown. I just want to look at a range of building' designs xP thanks in advance. :)
オール・イズ・バニッティー



 
Oct 26, 2011 1:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 30
roorensu-kun said:
does anyone know any anime they can recommend to me. Mainly anime series with scene's of rooms/buildings high tech or low tech design's. an example would be like the Anime No. 6 where its showed what the house and room of the main characte shionr looked like at the first few episodes xD another example is NHK ni Youkoso since Satou is staying alot in his room, his room in an apartment is always shown. or Gundam 00 with its high tech satellite elevator and many more. In term's of genre i think any genre will do as long as there are building's or inside look of the building shown. I just want to look at a range of building' designs xP thanks in advance. :)


Hmm i believe you would love Steins;Gate then. Hope this helps ^^
 
Oct 26, 2011 3:21 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 48
i cant find my nest anime. :(
 
Oct 27, 2011 8:55 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 145
spectralmirage said:
roorensu-kun said:
does anyone know any anime they can recommend to me. Mainly anime series with scene's of rooms/buildings high tech or low tech design's. an example would be like the Anime No. 6 where its showed what the house and room of the main characte shionr looked like at the first few episodes xD another example is NHK ni Youkoso since Satou is staying alot in his room, his room in an apartment is always shown. or Gundam 00 with its high tech satellite elevator and many more. In term's of genre i think any genre will do as long as there are building's or inside look of the building shown. I just want to look at a range of building' designs xP thanks in advance. :)


Hmm i believe you would love Steins;Gate then. Hope this helps ^^


Is it a good show? does it also show any buildings or like inside of buildings xD
Im going to check it out then .^^
オール・イズ・バニッティー



 
Oct 29, 2011 8:12 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 1
hi everyone :)

could anyone recommend any anime that could be similar to Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou?
 
Oct 30, 2011 2:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 7
Zero no Tsukaima
Toaru Majutsu no Index
Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari
IS: Infinite Stratos
Mai-Otome
 
Oct 30, 2011 9:14 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 5
Can someone recommend some comedic harem animes with some action?
Animes like these:

Infinite Stratos
Princess Lover
Omamori Himari
Asu no Yoichi
Rosario + Vampire
Zero no Tuskaima
Ichiban ushiro no daimaou
 
Oct 30, 2011 9:50 AM
Offline
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 1762
ultkeotakuvin said:
Can someone recommend some comedic harem animes with some action?
Animes like these:

Infinite Stratos
Princess Lover
Omamori Himari
Asu no Yoichi
Rosario + Vampire
Zero no Tuskaima
Ichiban ushiro no daimaou


Asobi ni Iku Yo is what you are looking for.
Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone.
 
 
Oct 30, 2011 1:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 60
Need recommendation, Kemono no Souja Erin.

Only 2 things that i am picky about, the main character if its possible be female and the story need to have the same power that Kemono no Souja Erin had.
 
 
Nov 5, 2011 7:42 PM
Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 48
Someone please recommend me my next anime or animes. I cant find anything arghhhhhhhhhh.
 
Nov 5, 2011 9:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 152
Trigun1127 said:
Someone please recommend me my next anime or animes. I cant find anything arghhhhhhhhhh.


What about the one already on you PTW list, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann?

Or maybe Full Metal Panic?



Or would you be interested in things that aren't quite like the other things you watched?
 
Nov 6, 2011 2:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 1462
Trigun1127 said:
Someone please recommend me my next anime or animes. I cant find anything arghhhhhhhhhh.


I've got you answer... Fullmetal Alchemist.

Note: There are two series, Brotherhood is better and follows the manga, but the original is still worth watching ^^
 
Nov 6, 2011 3:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 41
I recently watched Glass Mask the more recent remake. Absolutely loved it. Reminded me of hikaru no go in a sense, with rivals and competition and such.
I then tried to watch kaleidostar cuz it was on the recommended list for that show but I didnt like it cuz it seemed to target a younger age group. I'm 23 yrs old btw.
If anyone would know any animes that are similar or give a similar feeling of glass mask or hikaru no go that would be awesome. (Rivals and competition where the protagonist is a genius or has a hidden talent that people slowly begin to notice)

Ive already seen prince of tennis and major in regards to a protagonist that are good at what they do. Thanks again :)
 
Nov 7, 2011 2:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 179
streppy said:
Need recommendation, Kemono no Souja Erin.

Only 2 things that i am picky about, the main character if its possible be female and the story need to have the same power that Kemono no Souja Erin had.

If by any chance you haven't watched Seirei no Moribito yet, then watch it. Afaik the book author is the same one.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, although Kemono is one of my top10 favorite anime, I don't know anything else quite like it. Well, maybe Witch Hunter Robin, although it's different and at first focuses merely on solving cases, the second part has a slightly similar feel to it, and it raises serious questions.
Modified by a-naoto-fan, Nov 7, 2011 2:27 PM
 
Pages (33) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »