Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
School Rumble
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 26, 2008 12:28 AM

Oct 2007
It really felt like just a random episode,having the normal 25 min....at least if they have done each oav episode of1hour so we would undrstand and enjoy more of it becausei didn't read the manga but I clearly missed a lot of the plot
Aug 31, 2008 12:24 PM

Aug 2008
Karasuma is so cool
and I didn't know it

O.o
絶対大丈夫だよ

Sep 8, 2008 5:30 PM

Jan 2008
The episode was good but missing out everything before it just sucks :/
Sep 23, 2008 9:30 PM

Jan 2008
Very Nostalgic because I love school rumble, but I hate the feeling of not knowing what's goin on. They better make the other episodes. I don't think I'll watch 26 at this rate
Sep 28, 2008 7:13 PM

Sep 2008
Nice OVA, but as anyone who didn't read the manga i'm kinda lost, so i'm starting reading it. Since i loved the 2 seasons i'm a little sad that it comes to an end, i will miss Harima, Tenma, Yakumo and all the others great character of this series... Well at least i still have the manga to read :P (hoping that they release the other 24 episodes of san gakki)

Oct 6, 2008 8:00 PM

Oct 2007
=/ should have prepared myself and watched this with my brain off.
Jan 28, 2009 7:50 AM
Oct 2008
freedoleen said:
pretty much the same as manga, but it still gave me a few good laughs. Harima & Karasuma were really GAR. also nice ending, with the seiyuus singing the first ED. lastly, as everyone else, I hate the fact that they omitted so much story... it's the first time I will actually pay attention to the manga rankings in Japan, cause there's still hope they will make the rest if the volumes with OVAs will sell.

so anyone here knows if the mangas are selling?? or any plans on doing the rest of the season?
Feb 8, 2009 1:42 PM
Feb 2009
overfunk said:
I liked it. This series is better animated.

It followed the manga pretty closely. So the next episode might not be as good as this one.

I loved the fight. Freaking manly.

Holy moses! You kid not! Not only do we see emotion, I loved the crazy cool geometry of Karasuma-kun and of course him getting his face squashed in because he has pretty much been a dick throughout the year!
Feb 8, 2009 1:45 PM
Feb 2009
deafcon said:
I thought it was a funny episode that kept with the spirit of the previous two seasons. I'll take just 25 and 26 over no episodes any day.

Obviously true. But still...! Mangaka and producers have some shame! Don't freakin' push your luck with the fanbase!
Jun 24, 2009 8:52 PM
Jun 2009
it was so disappointing though...
still hoping they would continue season 3

yakumo x harima x eri haha the best love triangle to me
Jan 11, 2010 11:48 PM

Nov 2009
haha, stupid harima as usual being his stupid self. I love it
Jul 22, 2010 3:28 PM

May 2010
I was disappointed with the art! Also, I was watching the series dubbed so I was disappointed to find that there were no dubs for San Gakki. It was pretty confusing, too, since I haven't read the manga...why must there be a new producer, dammit?!

I gave the OVA a 5/10 so far..maybe the next episode won't be as disappointing?
Aug 15, 2010 4:18 AM
Jul 2018
I laughed so hard when i realised Harima rang the doorbell on his bike when he came to visit tenma while they had a party.... you can clearly hear "ding-dong" and when they open the door harima tries to pose cooly.... what actually happened:

1. he rang the doorbell and quickly mounted the bike again (to pose)
2. he actually drove the bike all the way to the door just to pose on it.
Sep 15, 2010 6:44 PM

Jun 2010
This was fun but better with the manga as backstory.
Oct 4, 2010 4:59 PM

Apr 2009
Boring and predictable like the 2nd season. It's in the script, not the animating!
Dec 9, 2010 11:53 AM

Jul 2010
I liked it quite a lot, nice to see Karasuma show some emotions too ^^ I hope everything will turn out to be fine and +1 for the "drunk" Tenma :P
Feb 26, 2011 5:26 PM
Jul 2010
Glad I read the manga beforehand, or else I'd be completely lost. It was cool seeing the fight between Harima and Karasuma animated.
Feb 17, 2014 11:45 AM

Mar 2013
I read the manga and School Rumble Z to get more conclusion than these crappy San Gakki ova episodes, but be wary you likely won't be rewarded much for trudging through the manga.
Feb 25, 2014 3:25 PM

Dec 2012
It was nice to finally see Karasuma's true colors, he actually feels more human now. Tenma drunk on soda is crazy awesome. Getting kind of emotional thinking about how this will end, since it's taken so long for me to finally get here and I really want to see all of the characters win, but know that won't happen.

Disappointed that they couldn't make a full season out of the 3rd year though, felt like Eri got brushed off to the side completely.
May 21, 2015 1:42 PM

Feb 2013
It seems like a lot of the manga was skipped. They went through many events in the beginning of the episode.

I like that they played the School Rumble first season's OP. Nice throwback.

Wow. That was had to watch. To see Tenma try her hardest to actually confess and can't. See her cry was hard. This is definitely not like her. Seeing her genuinely sad. Wow.

Karasuma is ill!? So that's why he didn't want to get close to her. The illness is preventing him from making her happy. Also, yeah, Karasuma does in fact love Tenma.

TO THE AIRPORT!

They also played School Rumble first season's ED. Another cool callback.

Time for the final episode of School Rumble.
Jan 11, 2016 9:32 AM

Jul 2014
I honestly have no idea about what happened in between the end of season 2 and this. I'll probably have to read the manga.

Still enjoyed it though, and it was nice to see Karasuma actually displaying emotions.

4/5
Apr 29, 2016 7:23 PM

Nov 2012
actually what I'm wondering about here is if the School Rumble San Gakki OP gave out any spoilers (I know the Mikoto one is) BUT THE ERI PART REALLY HITS ME

Like how in the 1st OP, she was standing in the rain while a limo drives off leaving her. I'm assuming this one refers to S1 EP 08 where she did groceries to cook for her dad but bumped into him on the way. She felt upset because her dad had work and told her that he won't be able to have dinner with her. then she refused a ride back home and it starts raining.

In san gakki OP, she's seen standing in the rain again, this time with an umbrella, in front of something which looks like???? A SHABBY ROCK??? she's seen closing her eyes as if at ease or smthing I can't tell from her expression
Apr 30, 2016 1:02 PM

Jul 2015
I'm sad that the supposed third season didn't happen and instead we ony got the two last episode
May 30, 2017 1:38 PM

Aug 2014
I was worried that Harima would lose the fight against Karasuma, I would hate that! But still it was an even fight and I would like for Harima to win easier...

Anyway it was kinda rushed but interesting
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Oct 14, 2017 9:26 AM

Apr 2009
What happened to this show. :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 24, 2019 9:12 PM
Apr 2016
Instead they should've made a third season, since summarizing everything that happened AFTER season 2 IN the manga with a few seconds of animation just doesn't work. Well, first time EVER seeing Karasuma express himself, that punched me strong. To think he was sick...I had no idea...really good episode! I felt really sad for Karasuma.
Jul 3, 2019 12:54 PM

Apr 2013
A big chunk of it was very serious, not the usual comedy the love from the normal School Rumble. Also Karasuma being able to fight on par with Harima made no sense at all.
Jun 28, 2020 6:58 PM

Jan 2014
MAN I MISSED SCHOOL RUMBLE

However I think I watched s2 like over five years ago or something so I don’t remember anything at all. Thinking of reading the manga!
Oct 15, 2022 4:06 AM

Sep 2017
Wait, this seriously existed and I didn't know? I should get to it asap
خ
May 26, 2023 11:48 PM

Feb 2021
Best thing was Karasuma getting punched by Harima, as a guy who really didn't like him outside of a few gags, man it felt good. Also, that intro felt like I missed a season's worth of content
Aug 4, 2023 4:43 PM

Nov 2010
From what I've seen from the preview in the beginning, it looks like many interesting and funny things happened during the time skip. They should've made a 12 episodes season focusing only on romance comedy & events that matter.

The fight between Karasuma & Harima looked cool! Karasuma looked badass for once, especially when he got angry!
I like the new animation! The characters all look better.
The original OP & ED is still my fave. I like how they showcased the other girls in the ED. Megumi is so my type! I want to lick her armpit so much!
Jan 2, 1:45 PM

Jun 2021
Suddenly i remembered to retcon something... K-On may have been my first full series in original language, but those two OVAs were my actual first experience of anime in japanese. Unfortunately, Ni Gakki did receive italian dub exactly as season 1 but not a home video release, and San Gakki none of the above.

Also... after all this time i thought i was accidentally watching the second half, but no, a lot of the main plot from the manga was cut even if it still didn't have good news for Oodou people (that's how Harima x Tenma shippers like me were called back then, in fact i was attending an italian School Rumble forum when the OVAs were translated in italian)

Lol, for how the race began between Harima and Hanai, and the former fighting with Karasuma was intense

Mai <3 i would have enjoyed more her actual chasing of Nishimoto and not just a still picture. Good that she appears again in the new visuals for the returning ED of season 1, "saving the best for last", yeah.

Poor Tenma, she gets drunk with non-alcoholic drinks? (Mikoto too). And then Harima comes and takes her with him.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» So...should I even watch this?

Florete - Jul 16, 2010

11 by Fail_Man_X »»
Apr 18, 8:32 AM

Poll: » School Rumble: San Gakki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

SteveKeys - Sep 17, 2008

121 by faerie1 »»
Feb 26, 7:57 PM

» SR S3 Episode 1-24 Production

Puvi2Groovy - Jul 27, 2008

27 by Jacques_Monreal »»
Mar 4, 2023 8:47 AM

» Some questions regarding the series...

newgard - Jan 19, 2014

5 by Skittles »»
Apr 15, 2017 3:26 AM

» Disapointed !

MainGoldDragon - Apr 12, 2012

5 by Mkim »»
Apr 30, 2016 1:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.