Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Festival Accompanying Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 3, 2007 5:25 AM

Jul 2007
<strong>THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.</strong><br />----------------------------------------
<br /><br />And I guess that about wraps up Yakusamashi-hen.

This was a very good episode and really an awesome arc altogether. We finally get to see the truth behind the great gas disaster. Satoko being a survivor is pretty interesting and a first, though of course it doesn't last long. And Ooishi, delicious as he may be is left wondering as always.

Aug 3, 2007 9:08 AM

Nov 2006
Entropy said:
And Ooishi, delicious as he may be is left wondering as always.
i lol'd.

and yeah, i'm full of questions too. awesome ep but seemed to confuse me more than answer my questions.
and wtf was up with the nurse? in on it with the van people i guess?
Aug 3, 2007 3:32 PM

Jul 2007
Wow. This episode was simply shocking.

This left some questions answered, but now I want to know about some other things.

Can anyone tell me how to post spoiler warnings on this?
Aug 3, 2007 4:38 PM

Jun 2007
wow

Aug 3, 2007 10:07 PM

Jan 2007
intense episode. this is the kind of stuff i've been waiting for.
Aug 3, 2007 11:53 PM
Jul 2007
ehh, one more time Hinamizawa R.I.P. Rena's probably dead
Aug 4, 2007 6:12 AM

Jul 2007
Awesome episode to say the least. But... damn those van people.
Well in this arc, everybody should be dead since Rena couldn't get out of that situation.
Aug 4, 2007 10:49 AM

Jul 2007
windy said:
and wtf was up with the nurse? in on it with the van people i guess?

Don't forget that Satoko was hated by almost everyone in Hinamizawa and probably some other people out of the village, so maybe the nurse was just someone who hated her.
Why did Satoko have to die(again)? I wanted to understand Rena's "message" too :(
Aug 5, 2007 7:43 AM

Jun 2007
i hope satoko dies in every ep, shes annoying as hell and tbh this second season has been boring so far. rika-satoko story failz
Aug 5, 2007 10:57 AM
Jul 2007
Loved it!

Of course it left more questions than answers, but isn't that just like HNNKN?
I like how the white van people keep getting more defined as the series continues . Hopefully we'll get to eventually know who these folks are. Other than A-holes, that is.

Is there a drinking game where one takes a shot everytime satoko says 'Nii-nii?" Well, there should be one!

Aug 5, 2007 2:04 PM

Jun 2007
Minagoroshi starts next week.

Most of your questions will be answered with this arc.
Aug 5, 2007 9:49 PM
Aug 2007
Now, this one was really great.
I've never been so excited about this anime.

Looking forward to the next arc.
Aug 7, 2007 5:24 PM

Jan 2007
I haven't yelled at anime as much as I did during this episode. XD
"Come on Ooishi, go go GOOOO."
Haha. Really good episode though. I'm extremely excited about the next arc.

Aug 8, 2007 12:17 AM
Jul 2007
MarthX said:
Minagoroshi starts next week.

Most of your questions will be answered with this arc.

really?! Minagoroshi is next week?! But I remember the arc before Minagoroshi had a lot more answers like

And I dont think Rena is dead, Remember in the very first episode Akasaka and Oiishi were talking to a grown up Rena? I'm pretty sure episode one was a flash foward, and episode 2-5 were a flash back.

Also the reason why everyone's dead body was in the school was probably that the military men moved their bodies there to keep them in one place for a body count or something.

And finally, I'm very happy that season two is adding more elements from the game that they left out in the first season.
Aug 8, 2007 5:06 AM

Jul 2007
orly_yarly said:
But I remember the arc before Minagoroshi had a lot more answers like who /really/ is behind the killing and disembowling of Rika, not just the van people.
That happens in Minagoroshi, not in the arcs before.
orly_yarly said:
And I dont think Rena is dead, Remember in the very first episode Akasaka and Oiishi were talking to a grown up Rena? I'm pretty sure episode one was a flash foward, and episode 2-5 were a flash back.
No, episode one was a continuation of Tsumihoroboshi or a different world very similar to it. The reason Rena didn't die in the great gas disaster back then was probably because she was at the hospital or police station in Okinomiya after the hostage situation at school.

So there is a pretty big chance Rena's dead in this arc.
Aug 8, 2007 2:32 PM

Jul 2007
Darn. I was hoping Satoko would be a true survivor. And the message... was it reallly a message? ._. ;; Unless it tells where and 'how' she died.

I agree with Entropy. Besides... with that high pitched scream... and the hat going down, she should be dead.
Aug 8, 2007 3:56 PM
Jul 2007
Entropy said:
That happens in Minagoroshi, not in the arcs before.

ah I guess I'm mixing up the titles then D:
Aug 10, 2007 2:49 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Ooishi that asshole...

Intense episode indeed, too bad we won't know about Rena's message.

Some of you guys should lay off the drugs, judging from your .. umm .. 'comments'. o.o

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 28, 2008 9:13 PM

Dec 2007
The real question I want to know is if Rena somehow managed to escape, she was alive in the first episode so it's possible unless if that's going off of another continuity. I agree with Entropy that it doesn't make sense that all of the kids were in school when it happened late at night but that might just be answered some other time.

#NBHNC
Mar 9, 2008 1:35 AM

Jan 2008
so that's how rika-chan died. XD
wait a minute, exactly who survived?
first it was Keiichi, then Rena, now Satoko? oh wait, Satoko died. XP
btw, exactly what was Rena's message?
and why did they all die in the school if it was midnight?
i really have a lot of questions. lol. XD
Apr 19, 2008 1:38 AM

Feb 2008
Well, this arc is an exclusive 4 anime-only arc. This just gives us information from the 1st season and not really an answer arc.

Don't make information arc = answer arc. Information arcs like this one gives us information that makes us more undetermined to the answered, thus making us want to know the TRUE answers in the next arc.
Jun 9, 2008 6:36 PM

Oct 2007
"..so we just sat at home all day and nippered around"

ROFLLL
Jun 22, 2008 1:28 AM

Sep 2007
Though... Ooishi really needs to screw off, sometimes he can get really annoying.
And according to the ending of this episde, he's always late. :P

Damnit! Don't die without my permission!
Jul 18, 2008 7:44 PM

Jun 2008
Yeah... well I have a ton of questions right now... but I'm just gonna keep on watching ang let them answer themselves =D

Sig WILL change soon~
Jul 20, 2008 10:13 AM

Jun 2008
YEAH FUCKING RIGHT.
Hell no, she did NOT die from heart failure, I can't believe that. That stupid NURSE doctor female, was fucking crazy, she noticed Satoko, and I think she killed her. She knows something, gaaahhh this is pissing me offf. I'm not confused, I'm frustrated !

Omggg, stupid hospital. Satoko KNEW her message damn it, T___T ; I need to know why ! I kept yelling "hurry up Ooishi ! GO GO !" as well, damn this, this arc needs an explanation !

Okay, next episode, E________________E;
Sep 22, 2008 2:30 AM

Mar 2008
dude wtf nooooooooo, poor Satoko T-T i bet the nurse killed her -_-
Oct 6, 2008 6:58 AM

May 2008
Nooooooooooooooooo Rika!;_;
She died anyway.

And so did everyone else apparently.
And nothing changed, just as Rika said. At least this time.

Though that does maybe explain the shots she was given.
I had kind of though they were related to 'those' shots at first.

Wait it didn't even have to do with the gas anyway. It was all orchestrated by those dudes in the white vans. Whoever they're controlled by.
Or then Rika would've died from the gas anyway. But didn't her and the shrine live somewhat on the outskirts of town anyway?

I'm so confused.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Oct 8, 2008 9:10 PM

Jul 2008
So we finally know who killed Rika. It was an excellent way to end the arc. Definitely the best episode of this arc.

Still plenty of unanswered questions like, who the hell are those guys in that van? And why are those 20 people missing? If the gas disaster was a cover-up that the guys in the van were involved with than why would they bother to murder Rika and Rena when "the gas disaster" would be the perfect way to get rid of them?
Oct 17, 2008 2:59 PM

Nov 2007
im guessing the 20 or so survivors are the white van people, being that all of the named characters appeared to be accounted for in the body pile..

Thats now 3 arcs ending in the death of the village...
Nov 8, 2008 4:01 PM

Nov 2007
A few answers, and more questions. This arc didn't have quite the intensity of those in the first season, but I didn't mind the slower pacing too much, and I'm looking forward to the next arc.

[avatar from Tales of the Abyss]
Nov 15, 2008 6:51 PM

Aug 2008
quote=Entropy]Why is no one questioning the fact all the kids died at school since the disaster happened at night?
I know!! Wtf is wrong with them? They're even wearing casual clothing, which you wouldn't usually wear when sleeping. Sheesh.
Heart_of_Storm said:
im guessing the 20 or so survivors are the white van people, being that all of the named characters appeared to be accounted for in the body pile.

I have a theory. The entire village was whiped out in order to destroy the opposition of building the Dam. The nurse(s) at the hospital seemed to be part of the "huge" conspiracy, and I'm 100% sure that this was no natural disater, just like Oiishi said. ~Nipa Nipa Nipa -nano desu! xD
Jan 3, 2009 8:07 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Heart_of_Storm said:

Thats now 3 arcs ending in the death of the village...

My educated guess is that what happened to the village happened in ALL story arcs, whether we showed it or not. It must be part of a VERY BIG conspiracy.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 4, 2009 3:26 PM

Jun 2008
Yes, it happened in all the arcs so far
Feb 3, 2009 7:04 AM

Aug 2008
Really shocking episode especially the way it ended!
Mar 8, 2009 8:13 PM

Jul 2008
those guys in jumpsuits... who the hell are they?! and wouldn't it have been a good idea to keep officers near satoko just in case something happened?
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Mar 10, 2009 10:48 PM

May 2008
Wow, fantastic episode.

Although, I'm left with more questions than answers like what did Rena's message mean and what these white van people are really all about. Looking forward to the next arc.
Apr 12, 2009 2:33 AM

Jul 2008
Straight up left in the dark. This didn't really answer much, and it only makes me want to watch more.
Apr 28, 2009 5:27 PM

Aug 2008
This is the higurashi I remember, hopefully the rest of the episodes will be this interesting

Jun 30, 2009 5:03 AM

Aug 2007
a, i think satoko actually got killed by that dude that was sneaking around the hospital while the nurses were oblivious to him?
Jul 25, 2009 2:21 PM

Dec 2008
what was that ?
the hinamizawa basecap loli killer gang XD

poor Satoko she loses everytime ; (

Oiishi questions Satoko who lays in coma, that was some kind of dumb imo
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2009 6:57 AM

Jul 2009
kage-bunshin said:
those guys in jumpsuits... who the hell are they?! and wouldn't it have been a good idea to keep officers near satoko just in case something happened?
Yeah I though so as well, I mean after the entire village was killed and there where several peoples missing and murdered, with Satoko being the only known survivor it doesn't take a genius to figure she probably is in some danger.
Though seeing Ooishi always seems to figure things out when it's too late I guess he's not very bright :P
Sep 20, 2009 10:34 PM

Sep 2008
i think that Rena's message was that the van ppl were not only after rika. that there's another explanation for their killings. just a guess :P
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 16, 2010 7:47 PM

Jul 2008
I quite enjoyed this episode. I never really cared for Satoko... so annoying that girl is, but I was going to cut her some slack since she was actually going to be useful for once, but then she went and died.. not that it's her fault she was murdered ._. Stupid nurse. I wanted Ooshi to walk in on her trying to kill her XD
Jan 23, 2010 5:17 AM

Aug 2008
Most interesting episode thus far.

Finally got an insight on how Rika died. I would never have guessed it was by those people. >.<
Feb 3, 2010 9:40 PM

Sep 2009
frustrating episode >.<;;
there is just no justice D:
damm those shifty guys that go around killing everyone they never lose >.<;;

Feb 16, 2010 12:08 PM

Aug 2008
hm, everybody who had fell of the bridge survived these toxic-something, right?
rena, rena, was her message the same as that past ? and rika's words 'see you soon' huh, will next arc also be full of deaths ?
Mar 25, 2010 9:03 AM
Jan 2010
So far, this season is miles ahead of the first one.

One thing that bothers me are the van people, those guys are extremely generic and all look the same.
Apr 1, 2010 4:07 PM

Jan 2010
I guess the fact that this arc hasn't been on the same level as the previous ones is due to it being an anime exclusive one. Really hoping the next answer arc is as great as the first season.
Apr 18, 2010 3:54 AM

Jan 2010
damn those stupid people that killed Rika...you cowards! x(...i was begging my pc to let me in the episode for 5 minutes....with an ak47 that is :p

also that b*tch nurse,it's obvious that she killd satoko because she didn't want the truth to be revealed :\

the van people suck so hard omg :\
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Apr 23, 2010 3:41 PM

Feb 2010
The thing about the van people seems to make a bit more sense now, though I still dont know why they seem to always kill rika like that and why they were after keeichi in the very first arc...
But I'm looking forward to the next arc which, if Im right, will be about the third arc of season 1 which has not really been mentioned at all until now.
I probably regret this post by now.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 24, 2007

141 by benisgu »»
Apr 6, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

protoman96 - Jul 5, 2007

166 by Vincentie »»
Mar 19, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Entropy - Oct 1, 2007

216 by ghostgirl_ »»
Mar 14, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 6, 2007

120 by benisgu »»
Mar 2, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LunarEmerald - Oct 29, 2007

100 by Drinzen »»
Feb 9, 4:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.