Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Aug 3, 2015 9:05 AM
Aug 2015
I've noticed a trend in the people posting, and that trend is that 90% of you watch these cutesy slice of life animes. Welcome to the horror genre, now go back to your shoujo high schools. Fantastic series with an overwhelming character build up process, very well designed and by far one of my top 3 favorite animes of all time (just behind Naruto and Future Diary) but overall a 10/10 series, stunning visuals, amazing and in-depth character detail, and a very well designed anime!
Sayachanftw123Aug 3, 2015 9:16 AM
Sep 24, 2015 6:51 PM

Mar 2012
Took too long to get to the point, they teased "It's about time you learned the truth" and stretched that out for like 6 episodes. Great gore though

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Nov 12, 2015 9:24 AM

Mar 2013
So everything was fake? EVERYTHING? Her dad, her friends, the boys, the school, even the village. I have to admit I didn't see that coming. The fact that Saya's life was an experiment with cameras and actors by Fumito was... really disturbing to know.
It was absolutely confusing and absurd during its whole length, to be honest. First, there was the protagonist, Saya, normal high school girl at day, a "brave" sword woman who protects the village from monsters at night. Her usual phrase was "I want/must protect everyone" but it was super hilarious how always that people ended up being murdered and smashed right in front of her eyes.

Every night she would go outside and kill those disgusting monsters, and being live presence of horrific murders and dismemberment. Yet every morning, she would wake up like nothing happened and go to school, sing a song while walking and all that cheesy stuff, what the in the fucking holy earth was that, I wonder.

When her friends were killed at school, my head was a fucking mess already. And I totally lost it when Tokizane, probably the only decent character in the series, was killed. I swear to god I didn't want to keep watching, but when the episode of revelations came on, it was so disturbing my mind couldn't even handle. Her friends and Tokizane were alive and they were actors, so it was Fumito and the teacher. WHAT?! Seriously... Such amount of unnecessary stuff, and the breast gropping, was that an attempt to fanservice? lol. Come on, you can do better than that.

The last episode, and I'm being damn serious, was the most ridiculous thing I've watched in my entire life. The pretty boy and the only character I liked who was 'alive' was killed again in the most disgusting and gruesome way possible, but this time was for real. Tatsun's handsome character dying in such way, I was so shocked. ;n;

The rest is story. I'm not going to keep giving my thoughts on every scene, because overall, Blood-C was absurd and it didn't make any sense, from first to last and it's not even necessary to point it out. I didn't see such amount of blood, guts and brains not even when I watched Elfen Lied though.

Short story: Confusing, ridiculous and mediocre series as a whole. Unintentionally hilarious. I bursted into laugh in the last scenes. The characters were a fucking pain in the ass, didn't care too much about them, Saya didn't get a development until the end and Tokizane and the class president may have been actors, but they were actually the closest to "decent". They were hot btw. Sad they had to die like that.

I suppose this series it's fine for someone fond of gore and lots of mindless killing and won't care if it makes sense or not. For me it was huge pile of garbage. No, and it's not about the blood. 4/10 and I'm being generous because of the guys and pretty animation. I'm done.
HeiizeAug 28, 2019 11:21 AM
Dec 15, 2015 8:13 PM

Aug 2012
The last few episodes were hilarious! But the last one was fcking hysterical! Those cloned-mutant bunny things were doing the most when they were eating those people! Lol shish kabobs, collecting them to make smoothies, etc. Damn that was a massacre. I'm not sure if my belly is turning from all the gore or laughter. In the beginning, this was looking like a 6 - it started of boring. But it's a seven now, this was too funny. Pretty messes up that everything was a lie. Time to watch the sequel :)
Juu_GoDec 15, 2015 8:17 PM
Feb 12, 2016 8:07 AM

Sep 2012
That was so awesome. OVA and movie time.
Apr 20, 2016 5:56 AM

Jan 2016
The pacing is not good. Nothing really happens in the beginning episodes. The violence with the monsters is mostly for entertainment and doesn't have much meaning.
Apr 30, 2016 2:57 PM

Dec 2010
The best part of the show is that despite the fact that everybody but Saya were playing fakes, she was the most fake one. Her class got killed? Nah, whatever, time to sing about shinning sun. Her class members are getting dismembered and killed? Nah, they can`t find about my secret! And then you have her whole concept - angel during the day but deadly at night. What is more amusing she did not even think about why she posses high speed regeneration and why is she so much stronger not only than regular humans but even than friggin monsters. Then after being beaten badly she fall asleep. She awokes, eats something that look suspicious and she is as good as new. Give me a break :D

Then you have the story. Oh boy they wasted 10 episodes of "world building" to bury it down after that. Pointless. Oh wait, they didnt even care about "world building". It was just fanservice for school loving guys. Then it was fanservice for people loving blood/gore. And there is something for people enjoying big twists. Not enough? Vampire with a glasses(I need to contact Saya and ask about indestructible glasses!).

In the end they tried to pander everyone, but frankly that was not a good decision. The school moments were really boring for everyone that is not a fan of those. And gory moments, while decent, were too much for school loving otakus.

I have to admit I liked the gore. Was quite creative(especially the cute bunnies, wow that was distrubing). And I liked most of the monsters. While their design was "pokemonish" at least they weren`t vampires or some other, overused shit.

Taking everything into consideration I will give this 4/10. This story and concept would be good for a movie or 4ep OVA. 12 episodes were boring snoozefest.
Oct 17, 2016 6:29 PM

Jun 2015
those rabbits are the most terrifying things ive ever seen in fiction honestly
Feb 23, 2017 11:32 PM
May 2010
This is one of the worst anime I have ever seen. The plot was crap, pointless excessive gore, the ending predictable. The only redeeming quality is Mizuki Nana and the battle sequences.

Believe me, I have seen gore in anime known for it. (Higurashi, Umineko, Ninja Scroll, etc) But I think that it has to serve a purpose and drive the story. However, this series took it to a new level and the deaths of humans was almost as if they were animals to be slaughtered. By the end of the series I found myself laughing at how stupid the gore was.

I felt like I was watching one of those PETA videos showing how cows get killed for human consumption. Truly disgusting. (IE:THE BUNNY SCENE and NENE/NONO) Seriously do not eat while watching this.

This is nothing like Blood: The Last Vampire, good work in its own right. CLAMP totally screwed up this franchise.

I once admired CLAMP for their work in CCS and Tsubasa, totally innocent beautiful cute shows, but it seems they rather appeal to 10 year old gore fanatics who giggle at the sight of blood.

1/10
MakiseFeb 23, 2017 11:47 PM
Jul 9, 2017 7:39 PM

Feb 2015
Phew...this ep was definitely one of the goriest things I've ever seen in anime. But at least all the assholes got what they deserved. Minus Itsuki and her "dad"...I felt bad for them. On the other hand...those creepy rabbits...*shiver*.
Overall I enjoyed this show with all it's twists. I don't get all the hate here but eh whatever...I'm looking forward to watching the movie and seeing how they conclude the story.

Nov 17, 2017 3:18 PM

Apr 2012
Wow, they really went all-out on the production with this episode: greatly animated fights, and visions of hell with the rabbit spawn.

Overall for a gore show that was good. Story isn't bad, but since it's all about stalling, it would have worked more efficiently with less episodes, maybe 9 or 10. Since they're too superficial, the bulk of the episodes are borderline boring. One the rare anime that gave me a feeling similar to the endless 8.

Also I'm glad there's a movie and the plot doesn't stop there. Saya and Fumito are strong characters vividly incarnated by Mizuki and Nojima and I got attached to them. Here's to hoping the movie ties up things nicely.
EratiKNov 17, 2017 3:22 PM
Dec 22, 2017 7:35 PM

Dec 2014
All of you, just stop being retarded. This show is a 10 out of 10 masterpiece disillusionment of reality.
Dec 22, 2018 7:06 PM
Jun 2017
as well as most have also rolled their eyes on the development of Blood-C, the Ohkawa nanase scripts were not good and to make matters worse the background themes were bad. but it was sad to see Saya's supposed father die like that. must have been plotted so that she has other reasons to go after Fumito. well my conclusion is not the best because the development was annoying and very bad tempered, but I separated it from the other aspects of animation.

Animation: 5
Development: 5
Caracteres: 4
Soundtrack: 3
Conclusion: 6.

The best scene....
Jan 7, 2019 3:04 PM

Oct 2015
I knew Itsuki would save Saya judging by the way he looked at her when they did those things to her. Which means he really loved her, unlike the other guy. As for the father Tadayoshi, she slashed him great with those strikes but I wished she didn't though. I guess they did have a genuine father/daughter relationship, well at least on his side but as for attacking her it's another story. The twist of the story was good but not great, it kinda pained me a bit since everything was a lie from the beginning. The only good guy it seems, was the dog which was not fully explained by the way.

Overall it was really bloody and the writer seemed to get a kick out of killing his characters, because he sure killed a lot. But I might be evil for this, but I sotto of liked it a bit. Saya was a badass girl and I will watch the movie to finish the story and uncover her past.

7/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Apr 3, 2019 12:05 PM

Jun 2015
Wow, the "blood" in the title wasn't for show.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jun 9, 2019 11:14 AM
Jan 2009
I went in almost completely blind (except for the gore GIFs), expecting Noboru Iguchi's The Machine Girl. Instead I got The Truman Show. I feel trolled.
Jul 24, 2019 9:18 AM
Jan 2018
.........huh I don't know how feel about this show part from wtf it was all fake pretty much every time she in a battle or about to it made me put my hand ups like saying " fucking move will you there's people dieing In front of you and your just standing there "

The gore was cool at least saya actually become intresting once she finally "awoken" .
Sep 13, 2019 11:07 PM
Jul 2018
I think I'm having the same thoughts as everyone else here. The first 10 episodes were a bit WTF-ish but these final two episodes seemed like a legitimate watchable anime. So the first 10 episodes were 5/10's, but these final two were 7/10's, for me. Lots of strange plotholes or general explanations that probably won't even be resolved in the movie. But nonetheless, I thought these final two episodes were okay.

THEN again, episode 11 was just one long ass conversation. Spanning, like, well over 10 minutes. Why would they just reveal everything to Saya. One might say, "because they find her bewilderment funny"... but A. she wasn't even reacting, and B. no, I don't think they were trying to rub it in, I think the manga/anime teams just wanted the characters to conversate in order to reveal things, which is indeed a shitty way to reveal the plot.

Most people who mock certain animes say "you need to SHOW us, not TELL us", and Episode 11 was an example of that.

Otherwise, these two episodes were somewhat solid. I dervied some enjoyment.
removed-userJan 19, 2022 9:33 PM
Sep 13, 2019 11:09 PM
Jul 2018
Can we PLEASE get an AMEN for that FIGHT scene between Saya and her DAD (in Elder Bairne) form!?! That had to have taken a year to animate. Such an obscure and not-as-mainstream anime really have some great, bewildering fight scenes with oh so talented animation. Again, that sword fight was killer. And the SOUND effects were INSANELY immersive. You could feel the impact of the swords... you could FEEL Saya flying through the air and into the wall... thanks to the windy smashes that'd ear rape you. So very, very nice fight scene. One of the best scenes in the anime and entirely underrated. The anime however is NOT underrated. Its mixed reaction suits it. Godspeed and I'll see you in the movie guys.
Nov 1, 2019 3:00 PM

Jun 2016
HOLY FUCK WHAT A CRAZY TWIST,Goriest shit ever for real! for a moment I thought she was just overthinking and everything DID happen and it was not an act but damn it was the reality and boy what the fuck bruh. Blood C more like Blood G(ore) I felt like I was watching goregrish videos for real. damn was gonna give it a 6/10 but it's a 8/10 I'm a blood maniac. wtf !
Nov 7, 2019 3:52 PM

Oct 2019
AlexanderHD said:
Can we PLEASE get an AMEN for that FIGHT scene between Saya and her DAD (in Elder Bairne) form!?! That had to have taken a year to animate. Such an obscure and not-as-mainstream anime really have some great, bewildering fight scenes with oh so talented animation. Again, that sword fight was killer. And the SOUND effects were INSANELY immersive. You could feel the impact of the swords... you could FEEL Saya flying through the air and into the wall... thanks to the windy smashes that'd ear rape you. So very, very nice fight scene. One of the best scenes in the anime and entirely underrated. The anime however is NOT underrated. Its mixed reaction suits it. Godspeed and I'll see you in the movie guys.

You summed up my exact thoughts on the fight scene. The sound felt soooo real...I'm surprised hardly anyone ever mentions this scene. It was so well executed. I guess it gets overshadowed by the gorier dog rips twin apart.
Nov 7, 2019 3:57 PM

Oct 2019
DiangeloKun18 said:
HOLY FUCK WHAT A CRAZY TWIST,Goriest shit ever for real! for a moment I thought she was just overthinking and everything DID happen and it was not an act but damn it was the reality and boy what the fuck bruh. Blood C more like Blood G(ore) I felt like I was watching goregrish videos for real. damn was gonna give it a 6/10 but it's a 8/10 I'm a blood maniac. wtf !

True, the twist came out of nowhere! I knew there was something wrong the first time she killed a beast (I think it was the eye one) with just her bare arm, as opposed to using the blade, but I never expected something of this magnitude!
Nov 7, 2019 4:03 PM

Oct 2019
This isn't as bas as many make it out to be. Granted, you gotta be able to love/at the very least tolerate gore to be able to enjoy it. The plot twist was well executed. I never saw it coming, but a few clues were left to indicate something was fishy (like when see took down the eye-monster with her arm). The gore and fight scene are the best, and maybe only good parts of this anime. Oh, and the twist and opening song. It's kickass. 7/10 overall. Barely made it.
Nov 7, 2019 7:49 PM
Jul 2018
Luananee said:
AlexanderHD said:

You summed up my exact thoughts on the fight scene. The sound felt soooo real...I'm surprised hardly anyone ever mentions this scene. It was so well executed. I guess it gets overshadowed by the gorier dog rips twin apart.

Ah, ain't it the greatest when you're the only person on the planet who feels some way (in this case, myself) and then some other lad comes along says they feel the same (in this case, you). Now that's what it means to be an MLA user.

This series doesn't particularly get any hype but if it does, it's the gory moments -- the "twin tearing", if you will. Glad to see the fight scene actually provoked a thought for SOMEone other than me. VERY realistic sound, and VERY well executed indeed Luan.
Feb 24, 2020 6:39 PM

May 2012
I must say that I quite enjoyed marathoning this anime, while the start was really great the story, plot and also the twist became a bit too predictable. Especially the ending. So I do wonder what they've done with the sequel but well I do look forward to seeing what they've done to make this then more entertaining!
Mar 28, 2020 7:52 PM
Jul 2018
I feel so defeated and I hate it. But that fight against her 'father' we great, and I KNEW there was blood in that gua-whatever! That blender scene was interesting I guess.
Aug 14, 2020 4:46 AM
Sep 2016
GREAT EPISODE😱😱
GREAT ANIME🥺🥺
GREAT SAYA😍😍
GREAT FUMITO👍👍
Nov 9, 2020 5:11 PM

Sep 2018
Well might as well give the trolly fans of this show what they want and be a "bitchy whiny hater of this show" for you to laugh at. The fact that the majority of the fans of this show seem to be hateful trolls really does tell a lot though.

Anyhow, I found this to be a pointless, meaningless gore fest wrapped around a poorly written plot hole filled story filled with pseudo-intellectual garbage to make it feel deeper than it actually is.

There, feast upon my tears as you guys might say.

The animation and voice acting was really good though, I'll give it that, wasn't a fan of the stick people charecter design though, reminds me of amuature art you would find on deviantart 10 - 20 years ago all they needed was long giraffe necks to seal it.
KristiwazhereNov 9, 2020 5:14 PM
Nov 28, 2020 12:48 PM
Jul 2020
الانمي لاباس به في الحلقات العشرة الاولة لعشاق الدم والرعب والمدرسة لاكن اصبح الانمي اسوء بكثير جدا عندما خرج السناريو عن محلة واصبح مجرد وسيلة لارضاء المتابع لكي لايمل من المشاهدة فخسارة ان مثل هكذا تحريك وقتالات ورسم يذهب هباء وكان شيء لم يحدث بس يضل انمي في قائمة الجيدة ولكل شخص راية الشخصي
Jan 30, 2021 1:24 AM
Sep 2020
Watched last episode in 1.5x speed and it was awesome
Mar 23, 2021 1:22 PM

Nov 2016
I've seen the gore compiliations a few times before and didn't expect much from this anime. Tho the fact that everything in Saya's life was just staged was another fucked up surprise.

4-5/10

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Aug 23, 2021 4:56 AM
Dec 2017
thank god this show is over.

Dec 7, 2021 6:39 AM
May 2016
Overall I thought it was pretty good. The original having such a razor thin story line getting a 12 episode show out of that was quite an accomplishment. Liked the character designs and animation except for the unrealistic way her skirt defied constantly defied gravity. To have such bloody violent fights it was distracting and annoying. I didn't need to see her panties but, geez if you don't want to show them have her fight in something else or choreograph it so the camera isn't constantly between her legs, don't have some magic mini skirt that defies gravity and logic. I mean the character is completely naked in the OP and has a 10 minute bath scene, don't get why they were so uptight about a few panty flashes, but whatever it's just a small annoyance in an otherwise pretty good show.
Loved the twins ;P
Dec 7, 2021 6:45 AM
May 2016
kandi_gloss said:

The animation and voice acting was really good though, I'll give it that, wasn't a fan of the stick people charecter design though, reminds me of amuature art you would find on deviantart 10 - 20 years ago all they needed was long giraffe necks to seal it.

Are you a moron? it's Blood CCCCCCCC<<<<<- C as in Clamp. The "stick figure" character design is what they are famous for as ANY even average fan should know. It's the whole point of the show, to have the characters reimagined by them in their unique style.
Dec 29, 2021 8:28 PM
Feb 2021
Movie is great and series is bit average because of the pathetic Saya until the end. They took so long time to reveal her true persona & identity. Some truth were revealed but still very obscure living lot of things unexplained however I do like that surprising twist of her school life being staged. That massacre by bunny though, they were butchering people in the street, blending after picking them like a spice or fruit was another level. Also it was satisfying to see those traitor getting mercilessly killed especially that two twins and teacher imposter,more was when she slashed the bunny to the pieces. Lastly, we finally have a badass Saya to lead the movie once again for the retribution to carry upon the guy who was performing experiment on her by overriding her memory. Because of those vengeance stuff movie was somehow nice which I watched long ago without watching the preceding series.
Jan 19, 2022 9:24 PM

Jun 2016
While I also liked Blood: The Last Vampire and Blood+, Blood-C was my favorite of the series. Blood+ did best with the overall storyline/lore but everything else (soundtrack, animation, characters, plot, story progression, etc...) I liked how Blood-C did the most. Loved the fight scenes in this episode and the bunnies massacring the town was hilarious! Overall 8/10

@AlexanderHD @Luananee Exactly what I was thinking! That fight scene between Saya and her father was one of the best ones I've seen.

@Dallas27 My favorite was this one:

Jan 24, 2022 11:59 AM
Feb 2021
The twin tearing and the whole 'bunnies massacring the extras' were a sight to see. Surely one of the gorest anime I've watched so far. The first few episodes were repetitive n boring but the last 3 took a big twist, enough to make it go from a 4 to an 8.
And that unexpected but expected father's warm n calming hug turning into that-

The survival rate/luck of the side characters in this anime is 0.00001%

reminds me of the way I used to eat ring shaped chips
LesaAckeuchiJan 24, 2022 12:53 PM
Apr 2, 2022 6:35 AM
May 2021
what a finale bro! 😂😂🔥🔥. This episode had all the gore i expected from this anime, just lit af 🔥🔥. Because of this episode I am giving this series 9/10 , man I love gore and bloodshed stuff, keep em coming. Next movie left
May 9, 2022 7:24 AM

Jul 2021
The last episode reminds me of the Ending of the original Berserk. When Everyone dies Except the MC, and the Villain/MC Friend Got a way unscathed.
May 30, 2022 7:53 PM

Feb 2009
Horrible, as well as predictable, cliché, with continuity errors and poorly directed.
A waste of time. This is what happens when you don't trust your intuition...
Mar 29, 2023 5:18 PM
Jul 2021
certainly the most interesting episode of the series to say the least.
May 14, 2023 12:22 PM

Nov 2010
Those scenes at the end made me check out this show in the first place.
I saw plenty of cute girls get ripped apart and eaten. Poor them, but at least their meat wasn't wasted. It sucks for the extras that they were doomed to die as soon as they signed up for this.
Why would Fumito let someone as dangerous as Saya free to roam around and be able to kill him someday? Or does he have more plans in store for her?
Top-tier animation and gore! As for the reveal and story, it was alright. An entertaining show overall.
Oct 2, 2023 2:26 AM

Jan 2023
I feel like this anime throughout was just very repetitive and the same formula.

Not enough story, always the same thing with fights where she just kinda stands there and lets people die until they kill someone she actually considers close and then goes all red eyed boohoo mode and one shots the bairn.

I feel like the pacing and character development overall just sucked, it had some cool bairns specifically the shadow, the eyeball, and the spine with hair.

I think the only good episodes that really got me interested was the last ones maybe 11 and 12, somewhat 10 but not a lot.

Overall a 5/10, extremely average, I might even be generous to give it that.
AlterlinesOct 2, 2023 2:45 AM
Nov 8, 2023 8:13 PM

Dec 2022
Those killer bunnies had some creative ways of slaughtering people, as did the lion monster that suddenly materialised again for this episode. The fight between Saya and Tadayoshi was amazingly choreographed too.

Cool anime with a hell of a plot twist and amazing, gory action. Saya was a cute, sympathetic protagonist as well. That said, the worldbuilding felt somewhat barren, and the mentalities of some of the characters also felt inconsistent or hurried in nature, even after the reveal. Itsuki deciding to sacrifice himself for Saya at the last second, for example, felt like a cheap excuse to have another death, after he was previously complicit with Fumito's scheme.

The movie sequel looks like it has a lot of potential, if it's working off the last few episodes here.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Aug 18, 2011

190 by Karva1 »»
Feb 16, 6:49 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 14, 2011

156 by Karva1 »»
Feb 16, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 1, 2011

240 by Karva1 »»
Feb 15, 6:57 PM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Jul 21, 2011

171 by Beatnik »»
Jan 16, 4:36 AM

Poll: » Blood-C Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

ImNotLulexiaa - Sep 1, 2011

131 by dragynfaerie »»
Nov 30, 2023 2:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.