Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 6, 2013 7:11 AM

Feb 2013
Obligatory fanservice at the pool episode... I thought it was nicely done, pretty classy.

... I thought it was going to end with the Sekai-kiss-in-the-rain... dude needs to learn to slow down.
Jan 11, 2014 11:34 PM
Oct 2013
Apr 2, 2014 1:08 AM

Oct 2013
Fanservice eoisode,it was pretty good.

May 2, 2014 8:00 PM

Jan 2014
wow.some people even defends Makoto.i dont know if its different for you guys but in my country its not considered normal for a guy in high school to go have sex with a girl right after he confess and i dont mention he is still in another relationship :S
May 25, 2014 2:23 PM

Aug 2013
Ahhh, finally something interresting happening!

You know, I could feel bad for that super dumbass of Makoto if he wasn't constantely trying to cheat on his girlfriend and if he didn't ended up cheating on his girlfriend. I mean, he was going out with a girl he was feeling unconfortable (and for that, I can understand him, at least for the episode 1 to 4). But he ended up cheating on her and Sekai let him do so. Now I feel bad for Kotohana, especially since she tried so hard to please him in that episode.

The situation remind me a bit of White Album 2 for now, though, the story was way better and serious in White Album. In School Days, it feel like a shitty rom-com slowly turning in a cliche harem drama.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jul 30, 2014 12:27 AM
Apr 2014
I can't believe he won't just break up with Katsura. Sure it may break her heart, but it would be better then getting further into their "relationship" and then he won't be cheating anymore. This is infuriating. He's such and asshole!
Aug 26, 2014 8:15 PM
Aug 2013
Is it just me or is Makoto getting stupider each episode honestly I never knew it would be this bad.
Oct 3, 2014 5:36 AM

Dec 2013
i feel so bad for kotonoha..well..it's not sekai's fault but..did they had to s*x to proof thath they love each other ? there isn't parents ? ..well,until now it isn't anybody's fault..now all depends on how makoto and sekai will do..poor kotonoha -_-
Oct 3, 2014 11:06 PM

Oct 2013
melancholy said:
Like I mentioned before, the relationship between Makoto, Sekai, and Katsura is just too cliche. You see these kind of relationships all the time in high school.

Yeah, in real life. But in anime? HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

I think people aren't getting the point of this series. It seems to me you're meant to hate the characters, and that's what keeps you watching. Who the fuck is gonna defend Makoto or Sekai? Makoto is a cheater and Sekai is a man stealer. You don't cheat on your girlfriend and you don't involve yourself sexually or romantically with someone who has a girlfriend (or boyfriend). Sekai started with her ridiculous "practice" sessions or whatever, which were clearly her trying to get sum fug with Makoto without actually "cheating" even though it totally is still cheating anyway. You can't defend either of them and neither can you justify what either of them are doing. Anybody trying to do so is probably a cheater themselves.

But that's the entire point of the series; it's a fucked up, dysfunctional romantic drama. In fact, it's like an American teen drama, and it just so happens those are my guilty pleasure.

Kinda irritates me seeing people hate on Katsura as well just because she's really shy when she's clearly been the most innocent. It may surprise you folk to know that not every girl in real life is loud mouthed and manipulative like Sekai is (at least subconsciously, 'cause you can't say her interactions with Makoto from their first kiss to now weren't manipulative), and not every girl wants to give it up with a guy she'd just barely started dating. Some girls have self-respect, and Makoto was a douche for trying to get anything else out of her and make her feel bad for it when she clearly wanted to take things slowly like some girls in real life actually still want. I don't blame him - at least not until he turned into a cheating scumbag - but he was still a douche for it.

Funny how some will complain Katsura isn't realistic (even though she is) while others complain the anime as a whole is too realistic and that's why it's boring. Go figure.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 19, 2014 7:34 AM
Jun 2013
well that escalated quickly! lol It was obvious they would end up together, but didnt know it'd go that far...
Dec 3, 2014 12:59 AM

Jan 2013
Yeah, as expected, she's at fault too.
Dec 9, 2014 6:52 PM

Sep 2014
Why does this anime feel so predictable. I knew from the get go he was more interested in Senkai and knew he would cheat. I feel this animes ending is not going be a very resolution filled one either. Poor Kotonoha, she deserves better.

But nice fanservice episode and I enjoy that Kotonoha is being more confidennt even though Matoka is a cheater

"Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy."
Dec 29, 2014 11:46 AM

Apr 2013
Actually I think this anime is pretty realistic, people cheat on each other all the time, which is pretty sad, but people like Makoto actually exist. This show obviously wants to make me hate a character and it's succeeding at that, so that works for the series.
And it isn't afraid to clearly show that those teenagers actually have sex too and not just talking about it and fussing over holding hands and kissing alone!
Jan 15, 2015 11:04 AM

Dec 2012
Well I don´t really get it why you hate these characters. I think none of them did anything wrong. Maybe it´s because of it that I don´t see anything wrong in polygamy and so called cheating...
To answer this:
LonelyWizard said:
wow.some people even defends Makoto.i dont know if its different for you guys but in my country its not considered normal for a guy in high school to go have sex with a girl right after he confess and i dont mention he is still in another relationship :S
It´s not considered normal by the people, but I don´t have a problem with that.
Jan 29, 2015 7:02 AM
Jan 2015
iwubanime said:
I can't believe all you people and the whole "characters should die", I mean, yeah he's cheating and that's horrible... but to kill him because of it? I dunno...

I will say I find it slightly refreshing to have a male lead that isn't a complete wuss. I know he's a horrible guy, but it's different than the norm in anime which is nice. =P

This is WAYYY better than Netorare am i right?
May 27, 2015 12:54 PM

Jan 2014
Wow, they did it o_o
It's a bit sad for all three of them, though...
Jul 27, 2015 6:39 PM

Aug 2007
You guys keep saying it's not Sekai's fault too?
Both Sekai and Makoto are being incredibly disrespectful towards Kotonoha.
Before they even think of doing something, he should have broke it off with Kotonoha. Sekai should have not invited him back or at least not let him in her room, and Makoto should have stopped touching her when she said to stop.

It should have been:
"Sekai I love you."
"Hey, Makoto, I have feelings too, but I'm not comfortable with you dating Kotonoha and telling me this. You need to decide what you want. I'm also sorry for setting you up with her in some passive aggressive attempt for you to see that I like you and I should have just told you upfront."
"Okay, let me talk to Kotonoha first before we decide on anything."

Aug 7, 2015 3:14 PM

Feb 2015
Makoto has got to be the worst character in any anime I've ever come across before. He really is the worst. He says he doesn't care about Katsura, confesses to Sekai and RAPES her. She said no and he proceeded. That IS rape. I hate him so much.
Sep 17, 2015 8:33 AM
May 2015
seriously, i was about to drop this show at the end of this episode... makoto is frustrated that kotonoha is too high maintenance (when in reality, she's not), but decides not to break up with her before getting physical with sekai (who has been totally leading him on up to this point).
this is the kind of drama i saw in college, not high school.
sure, makoto is a douche, but i don't hate him; this is everyone's first relationship, and they're just making stupid mistakes without considering the consequences.

but then i remembered why i was recommended to watch school days: the tennis scene from clannad's episode "counter measures"

this is the emotion i'm looking for: that soul-crushing moe moment of teary-eyed anguish.
and now i have to see this train wreck through to the end.

also,

Luke72 said:
That IS rape.

i agree; sekai said "no" and makoto didn't stop. one might argue that she is only objecting because she doesn't want her actions to hurt her friendship with with kotonoha or harm her relationship with makoto, but really: no means no.
Oct 5, 2015 4:34 PM

Sep 2015
What a fu**ing dirty pig MC.
Katsura has done nothing wrong for him to start behaving like that... In fact, she's done everything right so far. Love her gentle personality.

Everytime he makes one of those 'I'm unhappy' facial expressions it makes me wanna stab him right in the face. What an ungrateful F*CK. He's incapable of thinking with the right head.

This anime is taking a really weird turn. WTF

P.S- By the way, someone should cut his perverted hands off and let some wolves eat them.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 5, 2015 4:43 PM

Sep 2015
Luke72 said:
Makoto has got to be the worst character in any anime I've ever come across before. He really is the worst. He says he doesn't care about Katsura, confesses to Sekai and RAPES her. She said no and he proceeded. That IS rape. I hate him so much.

Well I don't think that was rape. What I got from that final scene is that she's only saying 'No' because she know that it is unfair for Kotonoha, her friend. Yet... she clearly wants him.

I kinda guessed this was going to happen. Sekai has been blatantly leading him to this point. They should both die :) Those 2 pigs...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2015 7:00 AM
Jun 2014
Wow, can the drama feel any more forced? First Makoto falls head over heels for Katsura because he thinks she's beautiful, but then he grows bored almost as fast as he fell in love because he can't touch her breasts first thing in the relationship. Sekai is worthless as well. She's not a timid person, which she pretty much proved, yet she didn't have the stones to confess and start doing this roundabout shit which doesn't match her character. How can she love someone who just loves the person who lets him touch her the most? Apparently it doesn't matter whom. This is some shallow shit, indeed.
Oct 9, 2015 7:01 AM
Jun 2014
LoneWizard said:

When is "in my country" ever a good argument for anything? But still i agree, he's too quick on the trigger.
Oct 21, 2015 1:39 PM

Jul 2013
I can't believe Makoto went after Sekai again and then slept with her.
Dec 1, 2015 7:14 AM
Nov 2014
Makoto is a cunt.
Mar 3, 2016 3:52 PM
Feb 2015
God, Katsura is so innocent, I feel so sad for her
Apr 1, 2016 4:19 PM

Sep 2015
This was the first episode I actually enjoyed. The show is slowly getting better.

To the episode: Makoto kind of came into the relationship with Katsura because of Sekai, and he didn't seem all to sure what he wants. Now he found out what he wants, and that is Sekai. It's a problematic situation for sure, but so far as that I think it is understandable.

The point were I disagree with his behavior here is to sleep with Sekai before explaining to Katsura. Breaking up with her first and then to go on to Sekai would have been much better, but I guess he doesn't have the guts for that.
He will have to hurt Katsura no matter what, but it's better to do it face to face and honest, instead of cheating on her. But as said it takes some courage to do so, and he doesn't seem to have that.

In summary, I don't think Makoto is a pervert or an asshole. He simply is a coward. With that he might not be a particularly admirable character, but he is a realistic one.

Maybe that is what angers so many people about him and this anime: How realistic this "bad" behavior is. Most moral standards are put up with the assumption that "human is good", deep down at least. But in reality, it's not that easy. Humans have at least as much "bad" in them as "good", if not more.
Apr 8, 2016 7:02 PM

May 2014
Wow lol. I was actually disliking Katsura the most before, but now it's the opposite.
Makoto...how is he going to take responsibility for the relationship with Katsura?
This show better have a good ending...... .. .. . . .
May 15, 2016 3:15 AM

Jan 2016
So proud of my boy Makoto he finally became a man T__T

Seriously tho, this show is just a shitty love/harem story, nothing special about it.
I thought that i was gonna witness a Masterpiece of shit. This is not worthy of the "Worst Anime of All Time" title.
Very disappointed.
Aug 25, 2016 12:56 PM

Nov 2009
Makoto is only interested in fucking anything than moves, Sekai is a slut who set this whole cheating thing up with her ridiculous 'special training', and Kotonoha needs to grow out of her shojo manga cliches (though she's doing pretty good on that front, she's just really unlucky that her boyfriend is such a manslut trash)
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Aug 26, 2016 3:05 AM

Sep 2014
Wow dat MC. 10/10.
Maybe because of him every post-school days "harem" series has a MC thats afraid of girls?

Finally Kotonoha stops beeing annoying as calls in the middle of the night "Whats up, its late? Where you sleeping? YES! Ok not important then. GRRRR"

But hey, Sekai and Makoto fit better together anyway.

PS: feel sorry for kokoro, I like her.
Comander-07Aug 26, 2016 3:09 AM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Nov 27, 2016 11:09 AM
Oct 2016
lol poor katsura xD
Jun 6, 2017 3:19 AM

Dec 2016
THE DESCENT BEGINS - OOGGYAAAAAAA!!!!!
Chinese Cartoons are the end of me
Aug 21, 2017 7:22 AM

Jul 2016
That escalated quickly. Nice bed.
Aug 22, 2017 1:22 AM

Jun 2014
fuck this show ,fuck this anime,fuck makoto n sekai!!
worst characters ever!!
Aug 25, 2017 12:52 AM
Jul 2018
WOW. rly liking this
Nov 1, 2017 8:23 AM
Jul 2018
A very controversial but realistic anime...

Also at the end of the episode...damn

Poor Kotonoha
Jan 3, 2018 12:22 AM

Sep 2013
I think I see where this is heading

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
May 14, 2018 9:33 AM

Mar 2018
Kotonoha was incredibly sweet in this episode. I agree with what others have said: She is opening up and being much bolder than before - and happier! It was so sweet to see her smile when they were hugging. I feel so bad for her for what is going to happen to her.

Damn, though, that whole end sequence with the text messages was well-done. Romantic, erotic and tragic all at once.

Makoto really hits moral rock bottom at 21:03 when Sekai says "this is mean to Katsura-san" and he responds: "I don't care about Kotonoha." This one line shows his scummy nature. Yahari saitei.

Kasane_Ted said:
All I'm saying is that I'm on Team Katsura because her innocent self never meant to hurt anybody!
I agree with this. Poor Kotonoha. She deserves better.

Zadion said:
It may surprise you folk to know that not every girl in real life is loud mouthed and manipulative like Sekai is (at least subconsciously, 'cause you can't say her interactions with Makoto from their first kiss to now weren't manipulative), and not every girl wants to give it up with a guy she'd just barely started dating. Some girls have self-respect...
Can we stop with the slut-shaming? There is nothing wrong with a girl who wants to have sex. Blame Sekai for encouraging Makoto to cheat, fine. But don't blame her for wanting sex. That's asshole-ish.

Lycan said:
It should have been:
"Sekai I love you."
"Hey, Makoto, I have feelings too, but I'm not comfortable with you dating Kotonoha and telling me this. You need to decide what you want. I'm also sorry for setting you up with her in some passive aggressive attempt for you to see that I like you and I should have just told you upfront."
"Okay, let me talk to Kotonoha first before we decide on anything."
Exactly.

But apparently Makoto doesn't think he is her boyfriend. At 16:39 Sekai says "Makoto is Katsura-san's boyfriend", to which Makoto replies: "No! I'm not..." So Makoto doesn't think he and Kotohona are in a relationship. He thinks her feelings for him are an annoyance. He feels no responsibility towards her. This does not excuse his behaviour, of course, but it can explain why he is so quick to hit on Sekai.
May 14, 2018 12:27 PM

Mar 2018
Did anyone else notice the censorship in the opening? In episode 4 we see Kotonoha's nipples (hence "nude"):

In episode 5 the camera has moved so we just barely cannot see her nipples (hence she no longer counts as truly nude):

May 14, 2018 12:34 PM

Mar 2018
Moreover, what is with that closeup of Sawanaga Taisuke's ass in the ending? Did we really need to see that?
May 26, 2018 2:31 PM

Oct 2013
SpectrumDT said:
Zadion said:
It may surprise you folk to know that not every girl in real life is loud mouthed and manipulative like Sekai is (at least subconsciously, 'cause you can't say her interactions with Makoto from their first kiss to now weren't manipulative), and not every girl wants to give it up with a guy she'd just barely started dating. Some girls have self-respect...
Can we stop with the slut-shaming? There is nothing wrong with a girl who wants to have sex. Blame Sekai for encouraging Makoto to cheat, fine. But don't blame her for wanting sex. That's asshole-ish.

I feel like you took my quote out of context, because my original statement was a defense of Kotonoha wishing to take her relationship more slowly than Sekai, not slut-shaming Sekai for wanting sex.

If you're focusing on the "some girls have self-respect" line specifically, regardless of everything else, I understand how that comment has a rather condescending connotation, but it has nothing to do with wanting sex. That is merely my belief that relationships should be taken slowly and one's physical desires should much less influence over how one addresses their relationship than they usually do. I don't think this is the forum for that discussion, though.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
May 27, 2018 3:20 AM

Mar 2018
Zadion said:
SpectrumDT said:
I feel like you took my quote out of context, because my original statement was a defense of Kotonoha wishing to take her relationship more slowly than Sekai, not slut-shaming Sekai for wanting sex.

If you're focusing on the "some girls have self-respect" line specifically, regardless of everything else, I understand how that comment has a rather condescending connotation, but it has nothing to do with wanting sex. That is merely my belief that relationships should be taken slowly and one's physical desires should much less influence over how one addresses their relationship than they usually do. I don't think this is the forum for that discussion, though.
All right. That makes more sense. I apologize for attacking you.
Feb 11, 2019 6:52 PM

Jul 2014
The obligatory swimming episode, but with more cuckqueaning.
Feb 15, 2019 3:05 PM

Apr 2014
Cheating is wrong!
May 28, 2019 1:02 PM

Sep 2017
Poor Kotonha. She's trying her hardest yet these two fuckwits are just screwing her over. Who is the target demographic for this show? I genuinely can't imagine someone actually obtaining enjoyment from seeing an innocent girl like Kotonha have her high school life ruined by an asshole and a slightly-less asshole. It was obvious from the beginning that Sekai and Makoto were going to end up together, but the way this is progressing is leaving a really bad taste in my mouth.
Jun 4, 2019 12:36 AM

Jul 2016
F*ck this Anime!!
Jul 9, 2019 7:53 PM

Jan 2018
DALE EN SERIO LA CONCHA DE LA LORA ME DIJERON QUE ESTABA BUENO ESTO, LOS DIBUJOS SON UNA MIERDA, EL GUIONISTA ES UN GORDITO PAJERO QUE SE CREE PIOLA COMO EL ITOU Y SE RE NOTA, Y LA MÚSICA ES STOCK! ENCIMA ME QUEDAN 7 CAPITULOS LA RE PUTA QUE LOS RE MIL PARIÓ A TODOS MANGA DE PELOTUDOS!!!!!!1!1!1!1!1111
Jan 2, 2020 9:02 PM

Nov 2018
I'm sorry if there's already a joke like this in the thread, but

Girl's name is Sekai that means 'world'.When we say 'world' we usually mean planet Earth.Is the anime trying to say that Earth is flat?
I hate everyone equally
Jun 13, 2020 1:20 PM

Sep 2017
This show is utterly ugly
خ
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Is School Days a misunderstood masterpiece?

SkyEatsOcean - Jan 30, 2015

49 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 25, 5:32 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ranivus - Sep 20, 2007

1286 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 25, 5:23 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

OriginalName - Sep 12, 2007

207 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 25, 4:11 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

cyruz - Sep 5, 2007

204 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 25, 3:35 PM

Poll: » School Days Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

DeleteMe3409 - Aug 29, 2007

177 by Archean-Return »»
Apr 25, 2:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.