Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 10, 2011 10:27 AM

Dec 2010
I am trying to understand why. I don't dislike her. I think she's even cuter even she's mad or frustrated. She provides similar fan service like Himawari too.

I haven't seen her done anything bad except for breaking a stick, but that was more funny than bad to me. She doesn't seem that annoying.

I've also watched another cute girls doing cute things, ichigo mashimaro with the lack of shoujo ai/yuri. Miu is meant to be mean, sometimes lacking common sense, and actually annoys me.

She cost the big sister her job, humiliated her publicly, and is bratty a lot of times.

Well you don't have to compare/contrast because that's just something personal I like to do....
Sep 10, 2011 1:28 PM
Dec 2007
I don't hate Chinatsu. I think she's one of the more interesting characters in Yuru Yuri. Her somewhat "bipolar" personality is far more intriguing than Chitose's repetitve fantasizing (which is pretty much everything that defines Chitose). She's also the only "blatant lesbian" of the cast (wanting to do "this and that" with Yui) while the rest...well, is a bit more ambiguous.

I kinda agree with you on Miu there. I simply couldn't believe it when she caused that chaos at the restaurant Nobue worked at. Kyoko is a little like Miu, only less extreme and I find her behaviour hard to tolerate at times as well. I mean she's acting like an idiot most of the time and frequently trying to grope Chizuru, Chinatsu and Ayano (who probably enjoys it). I know characters like Miu or Kyoko "run the show", but if they existed in RL, I wouldn't have the nerves to befriend them. Yui is my hero for keeping Kyoko in check. Same goes for Chika who is eternally stuck with Miu.
Sep 10, 2011 4:11 PM

Dec 2010
Yeah, Chinatsu will probably be the one who's willing to go the furthest with the Yuri. I like her for that too.

I like all the characters but I'd pick Chitose nosebleed as the most annoying part of the show. I've never been into exaggerations, and that kind of exaggeration is boring. Her fantasizing is fine but she'd be the least liked character just because of that...

Forgot to mention Mitsuba from Mitsudomoe. I'd ranked them as...

Kyoko and Mitsuba >>>>Miu

Kyoko doesn't take it that far and Mitsuba (she won't crush a random cicada!) has her sweet/nice moments. Miu doesn't seem to have a limit and does what she wants.
Sep 10, 2011 4:59 PM

Feb 2011
There's no way I could hate her. She's just not quite as interesting as TOUSHINO KYOUKO
Sep 10, 2011 5:32 PM

Mar 2010
Oh but I really don't, on the contrary I love her bits with Kyouko~!xD

Sep 10, 2011 5:37 PM

Sep 2011
I think the problem with Chinatsu was at the beginning she just seemed like such an annoying character. The way she looks didn't exactly help with that either. But as the show went on her character became waaaayyyyyyy better. Now she's kind of a like a secretly evil perv while as at the beginning she seemed sort of like the girly, whiny, annoying character. I think she gets much less hate now than she did when the show first came out.
~Izzy Zazztacular~
Sep 10, 2011 9:23 PM

Dec 2010
@typhlosionwolf

That clears up my question then. I was just curious if anyone was still disliking her up to episode 10. ^_^

@RedMage23

If Chinatsu was more like that pic, and successful at it that would make her more interesting for me!
Sep 10, 2011 10:43 PM

Jun 2008
RedMage23 said:

Win.

I don't hate Chinatsu, either. She's not my favorite (Kyouko <3) but I like how she's a change from the typical useless moe girl she seemed to be at first and actually can be kinda creepy and very perverted.

The only character in this show I don't like much is Yui. She's just so...boring. She's the only character that feels generic.
Sep 11, 2011 1:51 PM

Sep 2011
I love Chinatsu, her adoration of all things Yui is endearing ("Yui-sempai's cooking!" "Yui-sempai's clothes!", the Yui questionnaire she made for Akari etc.), she's very funny and peculiar, like her schizophrenic drawings or the weird style in which her fantasies take place. Plus of course she's unabashedly a dyke and doesn't hide her feelings.
Sep 12, 2011 12:24 PM

Sep 2009
It's not that I hate Chinatsu-chan, it's that I like everyone else better.
Sep 12, 2011 12:40 PM

Nov 2008
I don't hate her, she is just overshadowed by everyone else. The only thing bad about her is she raped Akari.

Sep 12, 2011 12:41 PM

Aug 2010
IDex said:
It's not that I hate Chinatsu-chan, it's that I like everyone else better.

^
basically this

but then again, the only thing I hate about this anime is the empty space where MUCH MORE AKARI should be. Serieously, she needs to blast them mangaka to smithereens with her bunzookas

EDIT:
The only thing bad about her is she raped Akari.

Am I a twisted person for putting that on her 'plus' side? *hides*
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Sep 12, 2011 12:59 PM

Apr 2008
I don`t hate her.
Even now that I know that she bullied the others when she was younger, she just wanted attention but did in a bad way.

Sep 12, 2011 1:47 PM

Aug 2011
She's a bully!
Did you like my avatar, perv?
Sep 12, 2011 2:14 PM

Dec 2010
I like her even more now knowing she use to be a bully. As long as they have some sort of limit I like the mean girls lol.

Unlike Miu from Ichigo Mashimaro, the stuff Miu does is too mean for me.
Sep 12, 2011 2:31 PM

Jul 2010
I don't hate her as character but really i didn't like her character design with those twin tails and yeah, as everyone said, she's overshadowed by other cast.
Sep 12, 2011 5:41 PM
Jul 2010
Because she's mean, and annoys me. I can't help but hate characters like that, it's totally rare when I like them.

And since I am Yandere for Akari, anyone who insults her is on my hit list, plus I would enjoy her having more screentime instead of Chinatsu.

Since she's been mentioned, I thought I would add, I love Miu from Ichigo Mashimaro.
Anyone who is a fantastic gif maker please contact me! ;)
Oct 17, 2011 5:57 PM

Jul 2009
I dont hate chinatsu-chan...but like allt he post say shes not as interesting as kyouko(or even ayano or chitose &lt;3)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2012 8:04 PM

Mar 2009
I liked Chinatsu the most.
May 13, 2012 8:04 AM

May 2012
chinatsu was great ~

As were the whole cast.

I dunno about Chinatsu being the 'most yuri', and some of them being 'ambiguous'...considering

But, everyone thinks what they want I guess?

personally, I think Chinatsu and Akarin go well together :P

I think the best pairing is Kyouko and Ayano though ~
Dec 10, 2012 2:41 PM

Sep 2011
Same, I don't really hate her, but she is veeery overshadowed by everyone else. Especially the other 3 main girls.
Kyouko FTW!
I think she should be either cut out althogether, so only 3 mains (of course Akarin getting more screentime) or be replaced by someone else, like Ayano.

Also, I can't forgive that she
Dec 13, 2012 1:45 AM

Feb 2012
I like the fact that everytime Yui and Kyouko leave on a field trip she rapes Akari.

However I ship Kyouko and Yui.
"Efficiency is not king, efficacy is."

Post a comment on my profile. Profile comments are fun.

Dec 22, 2012 8:13 PM

Aug 2012
YUI SENPAIIIIIIII!!
Mar 25, 2013 5:11 AM
Jan 2012
Well, she is annoying, she isn't funny like the others and I don't like her character design.
Mar 25, 2013 6:46 AM

Aug 2012
People hate her? This is news to me.

She's not my favorite, but a great addition!

My favorite part about her is how she's so cute and innocent on the outside but her imagination is full of dark and wickedness x3
"coy"

sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
Apr 7, 2013 6:17 PM
Jul 2012
annoying
May 25, 2013 5:31 PM
Nov 2012
At first I thought she was annoying, but as the entire show of YuruYuri grew on me, so did Chinatsu, and now I love her :p
I think the reason she annoyed me was because (I'm not gonna lie) she had the cutest character design in the show IMO, but such a nasty character... that kind of bugged me.
But now I like that about her xD before I totally missed the point she was supposed to be one of those "different on the inside" characters :p

well, I'm ready to get hated for this, but my least favorite character is Ayano Sugiura.
She can be funny, but I can't pick up exactly the reason people pair her with Kyouko... ^^; I guess this makes me NOT a true otaku, but I dont see the charm
OTL

My mind still endlessly debates whether to seriously ship YuixKyouko or YuixChinatsu xD
Jul 8, 2013 12:30 AM

Jul 2013
Don't hate her just think she's hella creepy in the opening where she turns to look at the other girls and her eyes look like she's gonna go postal or somehting...
Korrvo said:
I like lolis.

I don't like them sexually.

It's hard to not like lolis, their cuteness pander to the same emotions that naturally makes us fathers.

But it's hard to get off to anything that doesn't have any adult women characteristics like large tits, ass, and thighs.

http://imgur.com/qgjKHGn

Nov 11, 2014 4:30 PM

Sep 2014
I don't hate her. I don't really like her either though. She's okay I guess, I like her parts with Akari.
Aug 24, 2015 4:14 PM
Aug 2015
Just found this randomly searching up yuru yuri characters and I had to put my two cents up there. I guess the reason why I hate chinatsu is because she's two faced? She'll only be nice to impress yui, but she tends to be a jerk to other characters. Also, Her reason for liking yui seems a bit forced? I could understand why kyoko likes chinatsu, but chinatsu's sole reason for liking Yui is because she offered to protect her from Kyoko? If it were a small crush or just something that made her blush, yeah I'd understand but to have a full blown crush on her for that reason alone? Then again, Japan doesn't take gay relationships very seriously, so why am I getting so worked up over this lol.
Jan 12, 2016 2:27 AM

Mar 2014
Chinatsu is my favorite characters, I think she's adorable. I want to hug her. She reminds me of my little sister and her friends (they're about the same age as the Yuru Yuri girls)
Jan 12, 2016 2:28 AM

Sep 2009
She's evil, has hair to match, and does horrible things to Akarin. But I don't hate her...
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jan 14, 2016 9:19 AM
Apr 2015
I dunno, if I had to rank the characters I'd put everyone in the Amusement club above her and most if not all of the Student Council above her. She definitely doesn't shine in comparison to the other characters.
Jul 3, 2016 2:07 PM
Jul 2015
I don't know, she is soo cute how can someone hates she??

Oct 3, 2017 5:37 PM

Mar 2013
Her entire existence in the show is cancer. Her character design is ugly, her voice is annoying, her obssesive 'i love you s-senpai' behavior towards Yui is disgusting, her sexual harrasment on Akari was disastrous.
Dec 11, 2018 3:51 AM
Oct 2015
I hate Chinatsu because her creepy stalker obsessiveness with Yui is disturbing. Her crush on Yui was cute at first, but then it became clear just how obsessed she is with Yui and then it just turned creepy. That and judging from some of her other actions it's pretty obvious she's not completely sane. Her gag of always fangirling/crushing all over Yui whenever she's around grew stale very fast and in the end it was just annoying. I don't like her design either.

More than that, it's like someone else here said: she's so fake because she just puts on a facade in front of Yui in order to win points with her. She can be pretty nasty and mean when Yui's not around, and she always treats Kyouko like crap (Kyouko does get carried away far too often, but she's at least charming regardless. The same can't be said for Chinatsu) and brushes both Kyouko and Akari off fairly often. That's why I always felt like it was extremely disingenuous when Kyouko hit her head and changed and she acted like she cared, or how she cried when Akari time-traveled and was gone for a week. She's two-faced, basically. Her voice is also incredibly grating whenever Yui is within 100m of her.

Unrelated to Chinatsu but I'm just gonna say that I also hate Chizuru because I think her exaggerated hostility towards Kyouko is completely unwarranted. Her drooling is gross too. Nothing good about her.

I've rewatched YuruYuri several times over the years, and I personally think the whole thing would be better off without both Chinatsu and Chizuru.

TL;DR Two-faced. Nasty. Creepy. Mean. Not sane.
Nov 23, 2019 8:25 PM

May 2014
She's fucking awful. Idk why she's even in the group, she's not friends with any of them she just wants to bang Yui. She singlehandedly makes the the show less enjoyable.
"My name is John Locke, and I'm responsible
for the well being of this Island"

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

viMAL - Sep 19, 2011

210 by asbest0sdust »»
Mar 10, 12:32 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

viMAL - Aug 29, 2011

77 by -ODA- »»
Feb 8, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

viMAL - Sep 5, 2011

115 by Stripes »»
Jan 1, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

viMAL - Sep 12, 2011

130 by Stripes »»
Jan 1, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Yuru Yuri Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

viMAL - Aug 22, 2011

91 by Stripes »»
Jan 1, 8:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.