Forum Settings
Forums

Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - 'Kono Watashi no Mono Tonare, Yuusha yo' 'Kotowaru!' Chapter 4 Discussion

New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2011 11:38 PM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Jul 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I never questioned as to why they always refer to each other as Hero and Demon Queen up to this point but now as the story get's more in depth, it seems really odd. I wonder how they can even hold a normal conversation let alone address each other using such abstract names like female knight and scholar without feeling awkward.
KuroDubZeroSep 4, 2011 11:43 PM
Sep 4, 2011 11:39 PM

Dec 2010
He used to be part of a gauntlet it seems.
Both he and her were paladin class?

Well, mage was the best character in that.

Ooh, badass armor for some faking.

What is that? A roulette? A sun dial? Can't tell.

On their names: Their names are the Japanese equivalents of those words. So I guess you could say she's Mao, and he's Yuu.
Sep 4, 2011 11:50 PM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Jul 2009
notsureifsrs said:

On their names: Their names are the Japanese equivalents of those words. So I guess you could say she's Mao, and he's Yuu.

I wish the translator would just use those names instead. Sometimes literal translations aren't always the best.
Sep 4, 2011 11:54 PM

Dec 2010
Well I don't speak Japanese so I don't know if they're that natural as names. Mao and Yuu do, but I don't know about female knight and scholar.

If they add a translation note at the beginning maybe.
Sep 5, 2011 8:17 AM

May 2011
Mao and Yuu sounds good and fitting for Demon queen and Hero.

Female knight and Demon queen's got a love rival going!? I wonder how Hero is doing out there. Haha nice, knight is taking out her anger on those students.

Just what is that device? Looks familiar but I can't say I know what it is. And I wonder what the union is plotting.
Sep 9, 2011 1:35 PM

Jul 2008
I actually dont mind "Demon Queen" and "Hero" its gives a more, RPGish feeling, y'know? and I love RPGs xD
Sep 18, 2011 11:02 AM

Apr 2009
-Kazu said:
I actually dont mind "Demon Queen" and "Hero" its gives a more, RPGish feeling, y'know? and I love RPGs xD

I agree. It's rather fun
Apr 29, 2012 3:20 AM

Apr 2009
Busted. Well, the way the Hero explained things to Female Knight was apparently convincing enough. As long as Crimson Scholar isn't found to be the Demon Queen, all will be fine in the meantime.

Interesting how none of the characters have known names. They're all known by the roles they play in the story, and apart from Fuyugoshi village, every other place has a generic name. Makes it feel a tad bit impersonal for the characters.
Jan 3, 2013 12:35 AM

Nov 2011
The Crimson Scholar huh? Seems like he has some history with the MC as well. Interesting.

I see that Hero also has some responsibilities. What's more interesting though is the ending as those merchants seems to have some interior motives possibly.

SayakaMagica said:
Busted. Well, the way the Hero explained things to Female Knight was apparently convincing enough. As long as Crimson Scholar isn't found to be the Demon Queen, all will be fine in the meantime.

Interesting how none of the characters have known names.

That too.
Jan 3, 2013 12:38 AM

Sep 2011
Interesting history with Crimson Scholar - L>Real name xD. IMO Hero explained everything to Female Knight, but I feel some "suspecting" going on w/ her towards them both of what really happened, and what they're trying to do now.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha: 'Kono Ware no Mono to Nare, Yuusha yo' 'Kotowaru!' Chapter 58 Discussion

Kuma - Aug 30, 2020

7 by MASTERCRAFT938 »»
Aug 27, 2023 9:47 AM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - 'Kono Watashi no Mono Tonare, Yuusha yo' 'Kotowaru!' Chapter 14 Discussion

notsureifsrs - Jun 11, 2012

13 by Lukenzo »»
Jul 9, 2022 8:17 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha: 'Kono Ware no Mono to Nare, Yuusha yo' 'Kotowaru!' Chapter 56 Discussion

Kuma - Apr 24, 2020

3 by Hikarizu »»
Apr 26, 2020 6:28 AM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha: 'Kono Ware no Mono to Nare, Yuusha yo' 'Kotowaru!' Chapter 55 Discussion

Kuma - Apr 15, 2020

0 by Kuma »»
Apr 15, 2020 7:33 PM

Poll: » Maoyuu Maou Yuusha: 'Kono Ware no Mono to Nare, Yuusha yo' 'Kotowaru!' Chapter 54 Discussion

Kuma - Apr 15, 2020

0 by Kuma »»
Apr 15, 2020 12:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.