Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 25, 2011 1:57 PM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Enter the White Base. Or was it Argama? Ra-Calium? Albion?

In all seriousness, my memory really is shitty, I had no idea that fat dude from 0079 had a similar ship. Hmm, more older Gundam references.
Mar 4, 2012 1:35 PM

Mar 2012
yeah I wasn't sure what the ship was either and tbh because I've just watched After War it looked like a Vulture ship to me :p
Apr 25, 2012 4:31 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Sochie is one annoying whiny brat. It's hard to believe that she's Kihel's sister.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Apr 28, 2012 7:15 AM

Oct 2009
atomusku said:
Enter the White Base. Or was it Argama? Ra-Calium? Albion?

No, it doesn't look like any of those
SerhiykoDec 13, 2012 10:48 PM
Sep 6, 2012 2:23 AM

Jul 2008
Sochie needs more Brightslaps. The closest thing I guess would be the Vulture ships from the After War series.
Dec 13, 2012 7:28 PM

Jun 2009
Marzan said:
Sochie is one annoying whiny brat. It's hard to believe that she's Kihel's sister.

Yeah, Kihel is getting shit done and Sochie is just being absolutely useless and annoying on the battle field. I like that scene at the ending, but I'm starting to get less impressed by this series as it goes on.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 26, 2015 2:43 PM

Jul 2010
Farabeuf said:

Glad to know I'm not the only one that finds her AND her voice incredibly whiny and annoying. Bright slaps where?
Feb 5, 2015 2:52 PM

Sep 2011
Yeah that was definetly more vulture ship like than white base, which i do consider a good thing cause i loved after war X and its setting so this kind of makes me reminiscent of it, that and its good to finally have a kind of gundam feel where we now have a crew and a ship which adds a nice adventure feel to the show.

And yeah sochie is annoying as hell, though she seems to realize her fuck up and owned up to it, maybe instead of seeing another katz or hathaway like i was originally expecting her to be she may actually have character development.......may.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 19, 2015 12:44 PM
May 2015
insan3Inquisitor said:
Marzan said:

Yeah, Kihel is getting shit done and Sochie is just being absolutely useless and annoying on the battle field. I like that scene at the ending, but I'm starting to get less impressed by this series as it goes on.

It would be better if sochie WAS useless. As it is, she's a hindrance and a first class fool.
Feb 21, 2016 8:42 AM
Nov 2014
Faust_Voncleave said:
insan3Inquisitor said:

It would be better if sochie WAS useless. As it is, she's a hindrance and a first class fool.

I really like Sochie at how she is. Is annoying, but in a realistic way. I feel like the character was meant to be annoying, like Nina Trinity in Gundam 00.
Jan 2, 2019 6:30 AM

Jul 2016
Souchie was her annoying self in the beginning of the episode and I was waiting for Loran at some point to slap that bitch to put her in line. Towards the end, Souchie actually took responsibility which was fantastic to see.

Loran is just a good dude and is becoming one of my favorite protagonist in the Gundam franchise.
Jan 4, 2020 8:45 PM
Jul 2011
Hahaha. They used the Gundam for drying clothes. xD

I love the animation quirks in this episode.
Jul 17, 2020 9:33 AM
Jul 2017
mshea1213 said:
Souchie was her annoying self in the beginning of the episode and I was waiting for Loran at some point to slap that bitch to put her in line. Towards the end, Souchie actually took responsibility which was fantastic to see.

Loran is just a good dude and is becoming one of my favorite protagonist in the Gundam franchise.

Yes, her actions at the end made her less annoying.

That floating vehicle base is dumb. Miss those large airbases of the early days.
Sep 26, 2020 1:32 AM

Sep 2014
laughterjones said:
mshea1213 said:

Yes, her actions at the end made her less annoying.

That floating vehicle base is dumb. Miss those large airbases of the early days.

Haha yeah kinda funny to see all the Souchie hate in this thread when she finally took responsibility at the end.
She realized their deaths were all her fault, and admitted to it!
Pretty good character growth, but yeah she is still kinda annoying
Jan 1, 2021 2:51 PM

Aug 2017
"Kiehl" washing clothes kinda reminded me of Tomino's attempt to "write women characters" in Victory, fairly traditionally.

Quite innovative use of "speech bubbles", where text was replaced by the pilot's face. Also in this episode: an engineer looking like Buddha, human-like gags involving mecha, and Loran apologizing for attacking with a beam saber (funny to compare that to Kamille or Uso)

Another Dezaki-esque triple loop (Po dashing to attack). And she surely is the most crybaby enemy pilot I've ever seen, lol.

After witnessing death on the battlefield again, Sochie is finally starting to understand something (instead of suffering from inferiority complex in regards to Loran and her sister, and being a bit too enthusiastic about battles)...and Loran just flat out said *exactly* how I felt about Gundam - that it's easier to fight with "dehumanized" enemies because mechas are perceived independent of their pilots, helping to overcome the natural mental block against violence! But Loran understood that. Cool.

P.S. I wonder if the damaged parts of Turn A were recolored. Or do these nanomachines restore color too?

P.P.S. Apparently I am still in the minority of those who aren't annoyed by Sochie.

P.P.P.S. Impressive how Harry is seemingly fine with Diana being Kiehl.
St0rmbladeJan 1, 2021 2:59 PM
Dec 10, 2021 1:07 AM

Oct 2013
Good character growth for Sochie, I hope it doesn't get wasted.
The nanomachines that made the Turn A repair itself smell of Devil Gundam lmao
Sep 14, 2022 4:13 AM

Nov 2014
Loran says he wants to use the ship as bait for the enemy, but when they show up he's surprised, and his Gundam isn't ready. Sochie not obeying orders is annoying (though I'm used to that in Gundam at this point), but what was the actual plan here? Why use the ship as bait or go on a patrol at all if you aren't ready for a fight?
Apr 23, 2023 6:29 AM

May 2019
Yellow Base emerged and the Gundam used for hanging the laundry is just gold. Hmm nanomachines technology is pretty cool tech to regrow the missing member of the body. Sochie still acted like brat probably because she is still latching on the feelings to avenge her father. She is really determined to drive Moonrace away instead of trying to amend peace between Terrans and Moonrace like Kiel or Dianna. The enemy still haven't learned yet from their previous encounter with the Beam saber, that's just plain stupid really.

Nov 21, 2023 1:41 AM

Jul 2017
I hope sochie understood her useless stubbornness and immaturity after this episode.
If Loran ends up with her, i will destroy everything i swear
''Touch the darkness inside me''

More topics from this board

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 29 Discussion

WolfWood37 - Sep 18, 2012

17 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 5, 1:10 AM

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 7 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 14, 2011

21 by Beatnik »»
Jan 29, 7:40 AM

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 6 Discussion

removed-user - Aug 14, 2011

19 by Beatnik »»
Jan 29, 4:00 AM

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 4 Discussion

jacobpaige - Sep 6, 2009

24 by Beatnik »»
Jan 28, 2:47 PM

Poll: » Turn A Gundam Episode 2 Discussion

jacobpaige - Sep 6, 2009

23 by Beatnik »»
Jan 28, 1:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.