Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 5, 2011 7:34 PM

Jul 2011
When Konoe got pissed that Jirou broke their "promise," I smelled jealousy in the air aww. I think that was pretty cute, and also how Jirou accidentally fell into the changing room and saw Usami naked lol.
Aug 5, 2011 7:53 PM

Jul 2008
Pink girl blackmail Jirou of posting a photo of Subaru crossdressing on a date with him.
She said that she like Subaru but posting this photo would create heavenly trouble for Subaru (even more since she is tough to have crossdressed as a girl), much more than it would actually create any trouble for Jirou. Yet Jirou feel like he must play along to prevent her of publishing the photo.
This is an empty blackmail as she would obviously never post this photo as this would create trouble for Subaru.

Seriously he could just dare her to post the picture telling her how much trouble it would create for Subaru to have a picture of him crossdressing around and she would probably go start crying as she would realise that the basis of her blackmail is ridiculous and do not make sense.
Aug 5, 2011 7:57 PM

Aug 2008
[rage mode]
Jirou should have beat the seven shades of shit out of that dumb bitch.
God, I hate her so much! Way to ruin this episode.
[/rage mode]
Aug 5, 2011 8:01 PM

Feb 2009
Serious discussions, this thread..

Really needs more Kanade. And Usami's voice is so earcandy for me.
Aug 5, 2011 9:34 PM

Nov 2007
dick move by Jirou.... he promised Konoe and Konoe is still the best in the show. what the hell is with all the girls into her though? either way I look at she looks like a girl especially in the picture on the cell phone.

Jirou totally deserved that punch by Konoe. oh and that bitch totally ran him over and was going to leave him ... wussup wit dat?
Aug 5, 2011 9:45 PM

Feb 2010
SkyHigh said:

Didn't you know it's an obligation of the leader of a harem to be attacked at least once by one of his harem members, usually the tsundere, I do agree that this Harem is nicer because the dude is a kind person, however I don't mean to be picky but its Hero, not Heroine when you talk about a dude.

She kicks him because well, he's one heck of a good punching bag and it helps the audience to understand that she's pissed off and upset I guess, however there has to be better ways of doing that other than attacking him right, I'm in agreement that she has to stop but I don't see it happening, this is shounen and a harem anime after all.

/facepalm.

Yes, I knew that, but I was so retarded that I typed it wrong. Sorry.
Yupp, he's one fine punching bag, but if she keeps this up I don't think I'll like her even if she does fall in love with him but still has a tendency to kick the crap out of him when he says something embarrassing or whatever.
I agree that her beating the crap out of him demonstrates her emotions but
she doesn't have to freaking kill him. I'm pretty sure he'll live since...something so tragic happening in this anime is very unlikely but she seriously needs to take it down a notch.

I understand this isn't real life and he's an anime character...but anime characters can feel pain too. D;
Aug 6, 2011 12:46 AM

Jan 2011
Hypno-girl said:

Seriously he could just dare her to post the picture telling her how much trouble it would create for Subaru to have a picture of him crossdressing around and she would probably go start crying as she would realise that the basis of her blackmail is ridiculous and do not make sense.

She WOULD show the picture, but only to get back at Jirou to portray him as a pervert with weird yaoi fetishes that's forces Subaru to do weird things like dress up, she seems to think she's doing Subaru a favor, but she doesn't realize that the SMART people would clearly realize that Subaru is a girl, thus ruining her reputation and eligibility to be a butler.

Yea, she's an idiot, so its best just to play along with her, than have her do dumb shit and ruin Subaru's life.
Aug 6, 2011 2:22 AM
Feb 2011
Oh Usami, you so sexy with your thigh-high boots and your twintails~ <3
She doesn't particularly annoy me, except for one or two times. I really don't care about the girl with the cat ears, but it looks like she will be introduced next week. And Kanade being a tease again, I love her. :D
About Subaru, yes I think it's sad how she felt Jirou "betrayed" her, but I find it quite commendable of him to sacrifice himself for her, even if it costs him friendship points. I'll all turn out okay anyway, and he'll have another addition to his harem on top of that. Jirou, you beast, you.
I still wonder how this anime manages to not irritate me, any other series pulling off shit like this would result in me getting annoyed and raging about all the clichés.
alexcampos said:
I feel like there should be a rule that only Rie Kugimiya charcters should be tsundere and no one else.
Oh please no. I agree she does a great job at voicing tsundere characters, but I hate the fact she became some sort of an industry standard. Whenever I watch an anime she's in, it's like I'm hearing Shana, Louise or Taiga, and I'm sick and tired of hearing her say the same lines over and over again.
Aug 6, 2011 2:35 AM
Jul 2011
greenmush said:
Lol i doubt Usami will actually show the picture to other people since she likes Subaru anyway , did Jirou not find it Ironic that she is willing to ruin Subaru's life for a fight over Subaru? lol Then again Jirou is too naive to listen to her, still props to Jirou for being a man and doing a behind the scenes act

It could be like If I can't have Her (well for her she'd say Him since she doesn't know Subaru is a girl), then no-one can!

In all honesty jealousy can make you do some horrible things, if Usami is really serious then I wouldn't put it passed her to go as far as to ruin the life of the one she likes because she can't have him (her)

EarlCiel said:
SkyHigh said:

Didn't you know it's an obligation of the leader of a harem to be attacked at least once by one of his harem members, usually the tsundere, I do agree that this Harem is nicer because the dude is a kind person, however I don't mean to be picky but its Hero, not Heroine when you talk about a dude.

She kicks him because well, he's one heck of a good punching bag and it helps the audience to understand that she's pissed off and upset I guess, however there has to be better ways of doing that other than attacking him right, I'm in agreement that she has to stop but I don't see it happening, this is shounen and a harem anime after all.

/facepalm.

Yes, I knew that, but I was so retarded that I typed it wrong. Sorry.
Yupp, he's one fine punching bag, but if she keeps this up I don't think I'll like her even if she does fall in love with him but still has a tendency to kick the crap out of him when he says something embarrassing or whatever.
I agree that her beating the crap out of him demonstrates her emotions but
she doesn't have to freaking kill him. I'm pretty sure he'll live since...something so tragic happening in this anime is very unlikely but she seriously needs to take it down a notch.

I understand this isn't real life and he's an anime character...but anime characters can feel pain too. D;

You don't have to be sorry :D.... anyway I do agree to your sentiments slightly that she'll be hard to like once she falls in love with him because of her attitude but still there have been some characters I have loved despite them being even worse, such as Louise from Zero no Tsukaima, she beat Saito with a horse whip (or whatever they are called) and I still liked her.

Yet I don't like Usami much, that will probably never change. Oh I think you already know this but it's really unlikely anything tragic would happen here, remember this seems like the harem anime we get once a season, and it's also based off a Light Novel which means it probably isn't tragic, most stories end happpilly anyway.

Jirou has good durability, so I don't think he'll ever stop being able to take hits, because he's an anime character, but yeah she should tone down on her violence a little bit.
SkyHighAug 6, 2011 2:42 AM

Sky High - The True King of Heroes
Aug 6, 2011 7:35 AM

Jan 2009
meh episode plus i don't link misunderstandings since it is just a way to kill time...( the fact that jirou doing this for subaru and she doesn't know it )
Aug 6, 2011 9:20 AM
Jun 2011
lol Usami's voice is loli...Kinda disturbing

Episode was good!!
Aug 6, 2011 11:12 AM

Apr 2010
Usami is so delicious :3

Subaru trying to kiss jirou is just <3. Was AWWing hard.
Aug 6, 2011 12:21 PM

Nov 2008
Tenchi_Ryu said:
Jesus christ, I hate when a male lead gets so much shit for stuff thats not even his fault. Jirou is too good for all these chicks imo, they need to just have a battle royale to win him as a prize or something. Harem Lead of the year award goes to Jirou, intelligent, witty, Genre savvy and funny.
Lefake said:
Usami...What a bitch.

Instead of playing along, Jirou should've just told Subaru about her nasty blackmail threat right then and there.

Well you two said it for me
Aug 6, 2011 1:47 PM

Dec 2009
I actually liked Usami /hides
8D
Aug 6, 2011 3:30 PM

Jan 2008
Liinah said:
8D

GENTLEMEN! GRAB YOUR TORCHES AND PITCHFORKS!
Dem clubcards are big..

http://ilyasviel.mybrute.com
Aug 6, 2011 3:31 PM

Nov 2008
SentiNel said:
Liinah said:
8D

GENTLEMEN! GRAB YOUR TORCHES AND PITCHFORKS!

Torches and pitchforks are at the receptionist counter.

Aug 6, 2011 5:15 PM

Sep 2007
Only thing good about Usami are her thighhigh boots.
Aug 6, 2011 5:18 PM

Dec 2010
Wasabi said:
Only thing good about Usami are her thighhigh boots.

What about those motherfucking hair ties? LOOK AT THEM JESUS THEY ARE AWESOME.
Aug 6, 2011 8:47 PM

Nov 2008
LOL, I was right about Subaru doing a CPR to Jirou, thus, actually making it his first kiss instead of Kanade's xDD

Liinah said:
I actually liked Usami /hides 8D
I applaud you because of your bravery despite the odds in this thread xD but I won't say the fact that I actually like Usami for some reasons. Oh wait...

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Aug 6, 2011 10:09 PM
Jun 2008
lol usagi drop

I enjoy watching jirou getting bully =)
Aug 7, 2011 4:04 AM

Oct 2010
DenjaX said:
Liinah said:
I applaud you because of your bravery despite the odds in this thread xD but I won't say the fact that I actually like Usami for some reasons. Oh wait...
Hey I like her too. Sure she was not OK towards Chicken shit but in thee end she did soften up so there is potential for her to redeem herself.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Aug 7, 2011 11:20 AM

Jul 2010
She might have a nice figure, but that doesn't make me like her. Damn, Usami is a bitch. Typical pretend to be boyfriend kind of deal. They didn't have to "practice" dating at all. It only resulted in a predictable changing room scene.

In short I didn't really like this episode, or most of the "pretend to be dating" episodes for that matter. Highlight of this episode was the Subaru scene in the beginning. You'll see it'll all work out and he will end up spending time with Subaru in the end anyway. That or that new blonde character will step in one way or another.

Aug 7, 2011 1:18 PM

Nov 2008
Yumekichi11 said:
DenjaX said:
Liinah said:
Hey I like her too. Sure she was not OK towards Chicken shit but in thee end she did soften up so there is potential for her to redeem herself.
That's pretty much the case. The moment they introduced her I was expecting she'd do stuff that will make people hate her XDD Just wait until she turns on the dere side XD

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Aug 8, 2011 10:36 AM

Oct 2009
Usami was ridiculous... Just how much do we have Jirou go into SO MANY dilemmas in this series?

Not a bad episode... but we'll have to wait next week and see.

Aug 8, 2011 3:03 PM

Nov 2008
Well, Jirou broke the promise because of Subaru's secret could be revealed, I think she will understand if Jirou explains it.
Aug 8, 2011 9:12 PM

May 2011
So I am still wondering why exactly Usami wants to go out with Jirou? I dnno if I am slow or something, but I can't see how that helps her with Subaru lol. Oh well, its funny.

Oh and I like Usami too, don't see any problems wrong with her here. Shes cute too and that hairstyle is <3. Kanade still my favorite though!

Haha, I love watching Jirou get beaten up.
Aug 9, 2011 2:37 PM

Jul 2009
Let's say he decides to tell Subaru. What're the odds he'll get hit before he can?
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Aug 14, 2011 6:52 AM

Mar 2011
Hahaha, it never rains, it pours, especially for poor old Jirou!

Well, im sure Kanade will have something up her sleeve, nothing gets past her and she always has a plan set up just in case!

Although, she often waits until Jirou has had the crap beaten out of him because, y'know, she needs to get her laughs!
Sep 3, 2011 7:22 PM

Sep 2008
So this episode was more of the same. Main guy being pathetic piece of crap and girls being retarded as hell.

I actually had a tiny bit of hope for this new girl but she ended up being a bitch.

No remotely likeable characters yet and I doubt one will ever appear now since they just exhausted their OP/ED cast.
Sep 7, 2011 3:41 AM

Apr 2009
I'm a bit surprised he chose Usami over Subaru for the school festival. I can already feel he's going to be in hot water for that decision. Jirou's got some explaining to do.
Oct 13, 2011 1:55 AM

Mar 2009
Usami is kinda annoying.
Oct 30, 2011 9:04 PM

Apr 2010
AlexSadist-sama said:
Usami is kinda annoying.

Agreed, she a bitch. She ruined the entire episode IMO.

"Do you know why snow is white? Because it forgot what color it was." - C.C.
Nov 8, 2011 2:51 PM

Oct 2011
love this episode - gender bending is fun!!!!!
Nov 8, 2011 2:53 PM

Oct 2011
Lantearn said:
AlexSadist-sama said:
Usami is kinda annoying.

i disagree - usami is a sexy ball-breaking cutie!!!
Dec 12, 2011 2:09 AM

Jun 2011
Finally a tsundere character appeared~

Kanade's sadistic nature really funny in this episode. LOL at Jirou being bullied by her. That "kiss scene" is very funny too =)
Jan 23, 2012 7:05 PM

Jul 2010
Tenchi_Ryu said:
Vandesdelca said:
I agree with Artic, would have made more sense for Jirou to explain to Subaru about the black mail material.l

Not necessarily, because the whole reason he is going along with this is to protect Subaru AND his image. What do you think would have happened if Subara was told about the incident? I doubt she would stay silenced and would probably go after her for blackmailing Jirou. This new person who nobody knows could be the type who would want revenge or something, and no matter what, she has very important evidence in her possesion.

And also remember that he couldn't explain to Subaru right there on the rooftop cause the other girl was right there too. She would probably tell Subaru about the picture leaving Subaru confused and afraid on what to do, cause her worst fear is getting found out. And this girl explicitly said if he didn't lie about going out with her, she would show the picture, and internet can be a dirty motherfucker these days lol.

Some of you have to look at the big picture here, Jirou accidently hurting Subaru's feelings is no where near as serious as this girl having the material that could possibly ruin Subaru forever. BIG difference in the results of each situation.

finally someone with a brain
Tenchi_Ryu said:
Jesus christ, I hate when a male lead gets so much shit for stuff thats not even his fault. Jirou is too good for all these chicks imo, they need to just have a battle royale to win him as a prize or something. Harem Lead of the year award goes to Jirou, intelligent, witty, Genre savvy and funny.

this could be said for a decent amount of other male leads.

May 1, 2012 3:02 AM
Jul 2018
I love this series so far. The cast has some usual characteristics, but they don't define them which is enough for me. Jirou is also an awesome lead.
Jan 29, 2013 9:21 PM
Aug 2012
awww...i feel bad for subaru, she was so nervous asking him to the fair. but at least hes going with that hoe for subaru's greater benefit. honestly tho, usami should have deduced what was happening when subaru freaked at how he was gonna take usami. even though usami saw how hurt subaru was she didnt make an effort to correct the situation and is in effect making it worse. sounds like love to me, usami you brat -_-
Jan 29, 2013 9:23 PM
Aug 2012
octal9 said:
Lantearn said:
AlexSadist-sama said:
Usami is kinda annoying.

i disagree - usami is a sexy ball-breaking cutie!!!

I disagree with your disagreement...because of the reason you stated...
Jul 2, 2013 7:44 PM

Nov 2012
new girl show up :3

well kind of annoying :/ but still cute

btw whats with this 2 Fanclub? XD
Aug 20, 2013 8:06 PM

May 2013
Eh, mixed feelings on Usami.
Sep 6, 2013 3:59 PM

Jan 2013
Lovely episode, really a harem now.
Feb 1, 2014 9:59 AM

Sep 2012
Lol.
Apr 13, 2014 8:23 AM

May 2012
A new face and direct a relationship? Well that escalated quickly! A bit sad that he needs to brake that promise to Subaru to protect her... but well let's see what happens next!
Apr 18, 2014 4:21 PM

Aug 2009
highlight of the episode: scene of "It's dangerously to fap alone... Take this" Subaru holding tissue box

usami seems like an interesting character... but in the end just another tsundere character for the harem pr0lly...
Nov 26, 2015 3:56 PM

Jan 2010
I...disliked this episode. I'm not concerned with Subaru getting shafted, Kinjirou being insensitive, Kanade doing Kanade things, or Usami suddenly dropping in to complicate existing relationships. The moment between the blackmail and Usami suddenly getting friendly with Kinjirou threw the show off its rails. As I thought, the previous episodes went by far too quickly. Now comes the introduction of new characters to further the story's longevity, which I'm not all entirely enthusiastic for.

Admittedly, I enjoyed Ami's character in Toradora, and she was a latecomer as well. In comparison though, Usami crashed headlong into Kinjirou, kicked his ass while flashing him, forced him into a date through extremely obtuse means, caused Kinjirou to break off his promise with Subaru without explaining a thing, rendering the previous episodes near worthless, and from this all, Usami somehow gains sympathy and cutesy points from the whole ordeal. It's not the character that's the problem here, as I wouldn't have minded her if she was introduced later or in a less forceful way. Just...something seriously went wrong with the writing here.

On the bright side at least, I might get my wish of a double cross dress with Subaru pretending to a boy cross dressing as a girl.
ShockedNov 26, 2015 4:00 PM
Jan 18, 2016 11:56 AM

Apr 2013
Wow I'm actually surprised that a lot of people in here share my opinion: That new girl is an unlikable bitch. And Jirou is an idiot for lying to Subaru to protect said bitch, I don't like where this show is heading...
Apr 4, 2017 5:17 AM

Aug 2016
I saw pantsu >///<

Set by SenpieX
Jul 24, 2017 11:41 PM

Sep 2015
I believe in you Usami even tho I hate blackmailing in anime like this.
Jan 7, 2018 12:32 AM

Sep 2013
Not a bad episode...

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mayo Chiki! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Elite60 - Sep 29, 2011

263 by __FK__ »»
Nov 5, 2023 12:45 PM

Poll: » The most annoying girl in Mayo Chiki!

GuyFreakz - Dec 4, 2012

14 by Gutzdeep42 »»
Jun 17, 2023 7:54 AM

Poll: » Mayo Chiki! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 1, 2011

93 by isitreallyreal »»
May 19, 2023 3:01 AM

Poll: » Mayo Chiki! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Elite60 - Sep 22, 2011

133 by Montales »»
Mar 7, 2023 12:28 AM

Poll: » Mayo Chiki! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Yumekichi11 - Sep 15, 2011

84 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Jan 30, 2023 1:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.