Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 21, 2011 8:46 PM

Feb 2008
According to the official website, the episode 4 of Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn will be premiered on November 12th. The pay-streaming on PlayStation Network and the limited release of the Blu-ray at the theaters will start on the same day. The general sales of the Blu-ray will begin on December 2nd.

Source: Gundam Unicorn official website
dtshykJul 21, 2011 8:48 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jul 21, 2011 9:03 PM

Sep 2009
November

long way to go ...
Jul 21, 2011 9:29 PM

Jan 2010
Christ that's a long time away.

Maybe during the wait some people will actually watch 0079, Zeta, ZZ, and CCA before they continue on Unicorn so they can at least understand it.
Ok™
Jul 21, 2011 9:50 PM

May 2010
McRib said:

Maybe during the wait some people will actually watch 0079, Zeta, ZZ, and CCA before they continue on Unicorn so they can at least understand it.

That's probably not going to happen since they'll still associate the whole "old=bad/not worth my time" ideal, so sad...
Jul 21, 2011 10:31 PM

Aug 2010
ZakuHead said:
McRib said:

That's probably not going to happen since they'll still associate the whole "old=bad/not worth my time" ideal, so sad...

That's not necessarily true. Some people just go and read summaries and information about the Universal century instead of watching about 150 episodes. Not everybody who haven't seen the series are completely oblivious about UC.

And Jesus, why does it have to take so long? Can they at least release a promotion video?
Jul 21, 2011 10:39 PM

Jan 2010
SagaraYuzuru said:

That's not necessarily true. Some people just go and read summaries and information about the Universal century instead of watching about 150 episodes. Not everybody who haven't seen the series are completely oblivious about UC.

If you didn't have the patience to watch 150 episodes of some of the best anime ever created you don't deserve to watch Unicorn. Plain and simple.

Judging from your list, you've sat through 150 episodes of SEED and 00 which just makes that whole statement completely hypocritical.
Ok™
Jul 21, 2011 11:11 PM

Feb 2008
shit it's uc-elitist around here

watch the movie triology of the original, then zeta, then char's counterattack, pretty much it. then 08th ms team and 0080 as the essential ova viewings.

i mean uc has zz, which is 80% garbage, and 0079, which is good but flawed and definitely not 'some of the best anime', then there's 0083, which is a mediocre show running on one really good character. then there's victory, which is tomino basically not giving a fuck.

so no uc is not as great as we all like to think it is. I would say zeta,0080, and cc are the true must-views of uc. the rest is watchable, but if you have other more interesting stuff to watch, i'd rather you do that than force yourself into watching victory or something.

oh and there's ms igloo which would be ok if the cgi wasn't so funny, and there's f91 which is meh.
Jul 21, 2011 11:15 PM
Nov 2009
And half a year later, I would be saying.

"Oh, right, where is Episode 4 of Gundam Unicorn?"

=w=
Jul 21, 2011 11:54 PM

Mar 2009
Holy c, that's a longer wait than I was expecting.

@McRib

Not in heaven nor hell, ZZ is one of the best Gundams, let alone anime ever made.

Jul 22, 2011 12:04 AM

Feb 2008
Emiya said:
ITT: Opinions.

I don't understand how one can suggest to skip over ZZ when certain things in Unicorn are from or reference ZZ.

In the end, other people's opinions on a show aren't worth listening to because everyone has different tastes. You should at least try something before you decide you want to skip it or not.

R-Zero said:

Not in heaven nor hell, ZZ is one of the best Gundams, let alone anime ever made.

That's because it's not anime :p
ok that was actually pretty clever on your part.

you can read about zz or something, don't force yourself to watch zz because it's pretty horrible.
Jul 22, 2011 1:04 AM

Aug 2010
McRib said:
SagaraYuzuru said:

If you didn't have the patience to watch 150 episodes of some of the best anime ever created you don't deserve to watch Unicorn. Plain and simple.

Judging from your list, you've sat through 150 episodes of SEED and 00 which just makes that whole statement completely hypocritical.

Well excuse me for not being a Gundam nut. I simply think who cares if you watched the actual series faithfuly or you summarized it, it doesn't matter. The only reason why the originals are not on my list is because they are a low priority over other animes and things I have to do in real life. Call me hypocrite if you like, but does not deny my right to simply watch a series and enjoy it.

And I did not have the patience to watch SEED. I left it alone for years before I picked it up again.
Jul 22, 2011 4:17 AM

Jun 2008
McRib said:

didn't watch 0079 (yet), but I'm almost done with ZZ now, and I watched the other two. They Were Awesome, and the people who say that old=bad don't know what they're losing.
CottonCandyLover said:

you can read about zz or something, don't force yourself to watch zz because it's pretty horrible.

The second half was pretty neat. Not as good az Zeta, but still pretty nice.
Jul 22, 2011 6:55 AM

Feb 2008
kaiben said:
McRib said:

didn't watch 0079 (yet), but I'm almost done with ZZ now, and I watched the other two. They Were Awesome, and the people who say that old=bad don't know what they're losing.
CottonCandyLover said:

The second half was pretty neat. Not as good az Zeta, but still pretty nice.
hence why i said zz was only 80% garbage, 20% of it was good. it picks up around episode 30ish, but is still pretty mediocre until the last 5-7ish episodes where it's zeta-quality good. <3 haman
Jul 22, 2011 11:09 AM

May 2010
CottonCandyLover said:

i mean uc has zz, which is 80% garbage, and 0079, which is good but flawed and definitely not 'some of the best anime', then there's 0083, which is a mediocre show running on one really good character. then there's victory, which is tomino basically not giving a fuck.

so no uc is not as great as we all like to think it is. I would say zeta,0080, and cc are the true must-views of uc. the rest is watchable, but if you have other more interesting stuff to watch, i'd rather you do that than force yourself into watching victory or something.

ZZ isn't as bad as you make it out to be. Yes, the beginning does suck ass, but the halfway point in the series is incredible. While it doesn't end up as great as Zeta, some of episodes, such as the Colony Drop on Dublin, is possibly one of the best I've seen in any of the various series, UC or AU. The reason why we mention people who have only watched Unicorn to go watch the originals is because they won't understand/enjoy the ova as much if they don't know ANYTHING about the previous works. It is just like watching a movie or a tv show from the middle without being able to fully grasp the story.

I really hope people will stop jumping on bandwagon on this show just because its the newest thing out and completely disregard its predecessor works just because they're "old". People also need to realize that the UC timelines aren't as "bad" or "fan-crazy" as they make it out to be. If it wasn't for 0079, Zeta, etc., there would never be 00, Seed, or Wing.
Jul 22, 2011 11:10 AM

Nov 2008
damn why do i still have to wait that long again gosh ???
Jul 24, 2011 2:00 AM

Jan 2009
thats a long long wait, but if the quality (visuals and story telling) of the movie is gonna be awesome then its worth the goddamn wait!!!
Aug 8, 2011 8:23 PM

Sep 2009
I don't typically consider November to be in Autumn. :|
Aug 8, 2011 11:09 PM
Aug 2010
PseudoJord said:

Lol, I don't either. Its too close to the psp Vita release, Ghost recon Future Solider release, computer upgrade and Christmas buying time. Mataku somebody wake me when its out.
せつなせいえいぐんだむ00むきゅうはくちきする
Aug 23, 2011 1:20 PM

Aug 2008
PseudoJord said:

Yeah, it can be quite snowy and cold in some parts of the country. Even in late October.

Anyways, there's still a few months of waiting until episode 4 arrives. But, I agree with j0x the wait should be worth it!
Sep 2, 2011 11:35 AM
Sep 2011
while Unicorn is great the wait time for release is what kills
Sep 4, 2011 2:36 AM

Apr 2007
ZakuHead said:
McRib said:

Well, I for one am working on that backlog right now (just because I wanted to watch the original Gundam stuff, not necessarily for Gundam UC.) I know 0079's story from all the games Ive played (Ill watch it eventually) and Ive already seen Zeta and ZZ (just finished.) Ill rewatch CCA next and then the current episodes of UC again and then move on to late UC stuff. After that its AU Gundam (probably Gundam X.)
Blergh.
Sep 5, 2011 8:45 AM
Nov 2009
Oh great~

I'll be waiting to watch it.
Sep 24, 2011 1:01 PM

Aug 2010
Hmm atleast the release date is confirmed, it's definitely better than nothing!
Oct 31, 2011 5:38 PM

Jul 2009
Still so far away~~~
Nov 1, 2011 11:08 PM

Jul 2008
10+ days! ("+" because of the subs)
Nov 10, 2011 2:53 AM

Oct 2008
I AM GUNDAM! Soon!!
Nov 12, 2011 11:54 AM
Feb 2009
Anyone know when Ep 4 will be on PSN? Should be today (Nov 12 2011) right?
Nov 12, 2011 12:01 PM

Nov 2008
masurao said:
Anyone know when Ep 4 will be on PSN? Should be today (Nov 12 2011) right?

It's only 5:02 AM in Japan, try in 4 hours.

Nov 12, 2011 12:09 PM
Feb 2009
True true, thanks =)
Nov 12, 2011 3:00 PM
Nov 2011
hmm yeah. But if you are feeling impatient you can watch the first 6 mins at: http://www.gundam-unicorn.net/en/
Nov 12, 2011 6:42 PM
Sep 2011
give me gundam unicorn or give me death.
Nov 12, 2011 11:32 PM
Nov 2011
Turn A shows all the predecessors' actual anime footage as part of the story element, Tomino meant it for it to be ten thousand yrs after UC and AU timelines. MSG(0079), 8th MS Team, MSG0080(WITP), MSG0083(SDM), Zeta, Superior Gundam(Sentinel Story line), ZZ, CC, Unicorn, then came Hathaway's Flash, F91 after that, and then CBone, then Victory. FYI ZZ still exist in CBone and Victory, it's called the Gump in CBone and Judau uses alias Grey Stoke, later revealed in Victory Gundam to be the ZZ. So that's the perfect example of if you neglect past story line there some key elements that you will not understand or miss in the future one. And missing ZZ will leave you in dark about certain character background such as Marida Cruz, which came from a key story element in ZZ.
Nov 15, 2011 9:07 PM
Nov 2011
Just had to voice my opinion. Sorry, everybody for bumping a potentially cOld topic. Yeah, I didn't check to find out. Someone mentioned reading summaries?

go to hell.

okay, it's not that serious. But in all honesty, those will never be anywhere close to a substitute of a substitute for the actual thing. ever. Watch the episodes. Take the time and dedication for your favorite anime. Because I know it will all be worth it. You'll know so much more and understand more about why Gundam is so genuine compared to other animes. I'd say it is among the most deep 'well-known' animes out there.

Along with Evangelion. I am not much of an anime person since a lot of animes are novelty and trivial and have hardly any meaning other then to entertain viewers. Of course that is the goal of every anime but Gundam goes about it in ways that make you think. And when you compare the world of Gundam to that of our own you really see the messages it sends. Tomino is a Godsend and I am so grateful for anime like Gundam.

Back to what I was saying. You will never be able to watch just the compilations either. Watch the full anime. Buy them. Find them on anime websites. Whatever. Just watch them. I'm currently flying through U.C. series in anticipation for my most awaited game for the past year: Gundam Extreme Vs. So I truly understand the sentiment. I've watched Zeta Gundam: A new translation etc and the series is just all-around better. I enjoy every episode so much. I can't believe I am just now watching it.

I'm a hyper Gundam fan if you guys didn't guess it. So I probably just sound like a squealing fanboy of sorts. But I am also known to speak the truth. Opinion is everything but I'm sure, from first-hand experience, that summaries/compilations will never be a substitute for the full experience.
Nov 19, 2011 7:02 PM
Nov 2011
Just want to say that I found an ENGLISH dub of Episode 4 off of demonoid... Great quality, full episode. So idk what the hold up is...
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Kujima Utaeba Ie Hororo' Receives Anime Adaptation

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

8 by Rimuru0001 »»
20 minutes ago

» 'The New Gate' Reveals Additional Cast, Staff, Second Promo

Hyperion_PS - Mar 22

3 by LinnetKinnar »»
1 hour ago

» Nippon TV Acquires Studio Ghibli as Subsidiary

Vindstot - Sep 21, 2023

21 by blitzepidemic »»
4 hours ago

» 'Dungeon no Naka no Hito' Announces Additional Cast, Staff

1 by trinitroglycerin »»
5 hours ago

» Light Novel 'Izure Saikyou no Renkinjutsushi?' Gets TV Anime in Winter 2025

4 by StyxParadise »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.