3It was OK
29.4%
2Disliked it
35.3%
1Hated it
0.0%
Average 3.1
17 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 22, 2008 2:00 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another 'disappointed random person -> gets evil powers -> Akira and Shirogane defeat them' episode. Also Kengo and Aya are still quite useless. The first half was funny so I had some hopes for this episode but it wasn't anything special.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jun 23, 2008 12:55 AM

Oct 2007
Sadly this anime is a disappointment ... had some higher expectations about this series ... and still hoped for stuff to become more interesting ... but the way its going im droping it ...
As for this episode ... lame ... the makers of this show dont even try to make it more interesting ...
Jun 23, 2008 6:07 AM

Aug 2007
@DarknessAngel: I totally agree with you. The only reason why I haven't dropped it until now is because I want to make some sort of review when it's over...
And yes, you're right. I thought the same thing: It really seemes like the creators themselves haven't any interest in this show. Until now, it's just a bunch of useless filler episodes. And the comedy is one of the worst I have seen the last time...They really aren't able to decide if they want to make this anime dramatic or funny (or stupid...).

The last episode was a pain, and the next doesn't look better in the preview. I really hope this show has only 12 episodes, otherwise I don't know if I can take it anymore... xD
Jun 24, 2008 6:43 AM

Oct 2007
This show does not have a fix number of episodes .... its presumbly a wanabe D.gray-man like show =)) from what i see that the development is going ... i for one cant stand to watch another episode with this kind of lame wanabe funny ... i can probably write a review on it that will scare off anyone that reads it ... but maiby its a very very slow and stupid start ... it has the potencial to become a good show ... maiby akira traveling in the shadow world ... and go in a wanabe Bleach like show ... but for the moment ... its LAME .
Jul 4, 2008 3:10 PM

Oct 2007
lol I really don't see why you guys are hating on this show so much, I actually enjoy it. Sure, the story is very simple, but it's not bad. And Gladius, they're not 'filler' episodes. I guess you've just never heard of an episodic series. I find the show pretty funny, and enjoy the episodes even if the ation isn't that great and the story isn't top-notch, they're just fun to watch imo. It's not a superb series or anything, but it's just amusing still to me.

Jul 8, 2008 9:45 PM

Jun 2008
I agree. I'm really enjoying it, it's a fun watch. If you guys don't like it so much, then why are you watching it? Just to increase your list or something? lol If I hated something i'd just drop it. But Monochrome Factor in my opinion is very nice and light hearted and easy going; sometimes it's what i need.
Jul 10, 2008 10:24 AM

Aug 2007
So far I'm enjoying it! But I thought that by now there would be out more episodes besides just 8...are they still being subbed or is there a delay in the releases of the episodes?
Jul 10, 2008 11:58 PM

Jun 2008
the subbers are taking their time it seems -.-
Jul 18, 2008 9:19 PM
Jun 2008
awww i liked it. well i liked how cute shirogane looks when he was all panicky bout akira kissin dat other guy~ but yer. they reli need to try something diff plotwise.
Aug 1, 2008 6:54 PM

Feb 2008
i put it on hond, and picked up again after i watched all the other latest ones. it is starting to be redundant. they are not getting to the point fast enough.

shirogane getting jeleaus was rather amusing though.
Aug 1, 2008 9:58 PM

Jun 2007
I'm not trying to sound like a jackass or anything but these same sex love story's are making the show worse for me. Sure, the jokes at the start of the series here and there where fine, but it now seems like they're trying to turn this into a full blow Yaoi with a touch of Yuri. It it continues to get worse like this I may not be able to watch it anymore >.<
May 28, 2009 12:01 AM

Jul 2008
jealous Shirogane is good Shirogane <333

Kengo's reply about hamster's toilet was funny XDDDD
Jun 5, 2009 12:46 PM

Aug 2008
I agree with the last people who posted... But I think better of it than you. I find it verry coool! Although there are just episodic stories until now, I really like it. Though I wanted more Akira-Shirogane moments -lol- I just hope it won't be an open ending and we can see a proper one. I wanna know what happens in the end, not just something like "and the story will continue because it can't end here". Still it's a pretty possible ending, because the anime wasn't that popular I think, and maybe they wanted to make more episodes and decided to stop when they saw it's not popular enough.

Kya! Akira! Don't kiss him! Kiss Shirogane instead! >.< -lol-

Apr 15, 2010 12:51 PM
Feb 2010
I don't think this anime is bad, or good. It's just so-so.
I just love how Ono Daisuke voices in this though.
:}
Oct 3, 2010 6:05 PM

Nov 2007
It's okay, but idk this somehow seems like a mix of Loveless and Nabari no Ou to me o.O lol
Feb 16, 2011 4:21 PM

Dec 2008
I knew the director was the one rigging things. A predictable episode, but I still found it a bit entertaining.
May 7, 2013 11:46 AM
Aug 2011
More "I WATCH ANIME FOR THE PLOT" and "THIS SHOW IS GOING NOWHERE" whining.

I however, enjoy both anime with plot and the episodic kind.

I didn't like this episode too much though, it wasn't even funny like the others.
May 23, 2016 9:42 AM

May 2010
God, and here I thought it couldn't get any worse than previous episode xD

Sure, injuring/killing a few students just to kiss one guy during a play sounds like something competely sane person would do, lol. Also that random kiss at the end wtf. This was probably the ugliest girl I've ever seen in animu. How about finally advancing to the actual plot?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monochrome Factor Episode 24 Discussion

noteDhero - Apr 13, 2009

37 by Dawizz »»
Sep 6, 2023 1:47 AM

Poll: » Monochrome Factor Episode 18 Discussion

cyruz - Jan 28, 2009

6 by Dawizz »»
Sep 1, 2023 5:57 PM

Poll: » Monochrome Factor Episode 15 Discussion

cyruz - Dec 26, 2008

7 by Dawizz »»
Aug 30, 2023 12:39 AM

Poll: » Monochrome Factor Episode 16 Discussion

LoveCute - Jan 2, 2009

7 by Dawizz »»
Aug 30, 2023 12:26 AM

Poll: » Monochrome Factor Episode 6 Discussion

cyruz - Jun 6, 2008

10 by Dawizz »»
Aug 24, 2023 12:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.