Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 5, 2011 9:07 AM

Oct 2010
AstuteOtaku said:
As long as Blue Rose got screen time I can live a happy man for another week.

ha! me too :D
loved this episode, and it is the best episode of hero tv yet!! =p
Jul 18, 2011 5:34 AM
Oct 2010
Best episode, ever.
Jul 26, 2011 10:00 PM

Aug 2008
That was an outstanding little story arc. When you're going up against such an unfair combination or powers (barriers AND mind reading), then a little trickery is in order. I knew Barna-- NO! I'm not calling him that. I knew BUNNY wasn't gonna kill Jake, but I do wish he had done more than broken a rib or two. Oh well, Bunny is a big time hero because of this, Jake is no more and Tiger is still the motherf*cking MAN! Tiger's revelation was smoothly and
convisingly pulled off, so that was icing on the cake.

Halfway through the series I've yet to have any real problems with it. Every episode feels heartfelt, the action is good, the animation is smooth (even when incorporating the CGI) and Blue Rose is HAWT. Second cour don't let me down, because I love this show.

Also, if Tiger ends up hooking up with Blue Rose... I would be quite happy. That's right. I'm even shipping. It's not a hard ship, but it is one.

Jul 28, 2011 7:53 AM

Apr 2008
Poor Tiger he never gets any recognition...and lol at Nathans deep voice once again.
Aug 10, 2011 8:21 AM

Nov 2008
A really satisfying end to a great arc.

I'm guessing Jack wasn't the one who killed Bunny's Parents. (no duh)

Valentiln said:
Loxaris said:
ItsSoPringles said:
also am i the only one that would kill to have kotetsu as their father, seriously hes awsome
No you're totally not the only one - just having him as an acquaintance/friend would already be enough for me.

I was so annoyed that Kotetsu didn't get any credit for saving the city. But then this happened.
windy said:
>Kotetsu-san

i died.

and went to heaven.
Aug 10, 2011 8:29 AM

Aug 2011
Akino said:
A really satisfying end to a great arc.

I'm guessing Jack wasn't the one who killed Bunny's Parents. (no duh)

Valentiln said:
Loxaris said:
ItsSoPringles said:
also am i the only one that would kill to have kotetsu as their father, seriously hes awsome
No you're totally not the only one - just having him as an acquaintance/friend would already be enough for me.

I was so annoyed that Kotetsu didn't get any credit for saving the city. But then this happened.
windy said:
>Kotetsu-san

i died.

and went to heaven.
no the next episode he gets shit tons of credit,
Dec 15, 2011 5:54 PM
Nov 2011
What I love about this episode, is its basically the tried and true all theme of nearly all heroic battles. Good wins, because evil either overreaches or gets done in by its own evil. Classic!
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Dec 24, 2011 3:36 PM

Dec 2009
Poor Kotetsu deserved at least some applause, everybody in the hospital room knew he'd figured it out do why praise only Barnaby?
Dec 27, 2011 2:38 AM

Nov 2007
lollllllll random cab driver friend of Tiger's is random. Nvm, just realised that guy is his former boss.

Hrm, I'm beginning to think that Jake didn't kill Bunny's parents. I mean, why would he need to use a gun? Why not just his powers? Methinks perhaps Maverick is the killer after all. Not sure why, though, at this point.

Also... wow. Tiger and Bunny just chucked out their "we don't kill" morals didn't they? Both Kriem and Jake carked it right in front of them and they didn't help or blink twice. Pretty OOC and, I think, a big plot hole. We all know that unless we see dead bodies that that usually means the characters aren't dead! I wonder if we'll go back to this at some point. Hopefully we do, because otherwise that's just lazy script writing.
yamakasiDec 27, 2011 6:47 PM
Jan 6, 2012 7:36 PM

Feb 2009
yamakasi said:

Hrm, I'm beginning to think that Jake didn't kill Bunny's parents. I mean, why would he need to use a gun? Why not just his powers? Methinks perhaps Maverick is the killer after all. Not sure why, though, at this point.

Yes, I'm starting to think the same thing. Maybe because Jake's story was too fast, I mean, I thought this fights would take like 4~5 episodes, but it ended in two... So, maybe there is a mistery about Bunny's parents, since they didn't cleared a thing about this issue. So, I think Maverick has something to do with this too! I was disappointed of how rushed this part of the story was, but thinking it in a better way: They put Jake as a strong villian for distraction and there's more undercover. I think Bunny's parents were not so innocent too... Ok, let's stop with the theories and watch the next episode!
Mar 12, 2012 1:04 PM

Dec 2009
I clearly saw through Tiger's plan, the "super hearing" thing was just funny lol
So apparently they stopped this guy already, and Tiger still hasn't received proper recognition lol poor guy. Either way, nice episode.
Apr 1, 2012 2:57 AM

Oct 2011
I died when Barnaby called Kotetsu by his name and then grinned.

This episode was amazing!

(I am also completely crushing on Kotetsu oh god.)

Barnaby cried! My reaction was "D'AWWWW, QUICK, GO AND HUG HIM, KOTETSU!"

But at least they NEARLY held hands this episode and Kotetsu was leaning on Barnaby.
I can deal with that... for now.
;D.
zlaeApr 1, 2012 3:01 AM
|ω・)
Apr 16, 2012 10:32 AM

Jun 2009
Man, I hope that Jake wasn't the one to kill Barnaby's parents because, if he did, this arc went by way to fast and didn't really tackle the theme to my satisfaction. It feels like lost potential to me.

Anyway, I did like how Kotetsu was the one to figure out how to defeat Jake and I actually also like how he didn't get much, if any credit, though I do think he will get his due credit by the end of the series ( I suspect he'll defeat whoever the final villain is by himself, or more likely with Bunny).

Anyway, it wasn't my favorite arc. But, it was pretty entertaining. I just hope that wasn't all that Oroburous had going for it. That was....anticlimatic.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 23, 2012 12:36 AM

Jun 2012
poor tiger, no-one gives him the credit he deserves for giving Barnaby the stun grenade
"For every confession that is made, there is someone that is dumped" -Harima Kenji
Sep 26, 2012 5:39 PM

Mar 2012
Tiger gets no respect. Well, at least he said the entire next episode title.
Nov 14, 2012 5:09 AM

Sep 2012
Tiger is cursed. He's the most heroic among them and no one will ever know.
Feb 7, 2013 11:06 AM

Jan 2012
Even though Jake and his lolita assistant are a ripoff of Joker and Harley Quinn the episode was great
Mar 8, 2013 8:47 PM

Nov 2007
yamakasi said:
Also... wow. Tiger and Bunny just chucked out their "we don't kill" morals didn't they? Both Kriem and Jake carked it right in front of them and they didn't help or blink twice. Pretty OOC and, I think, a big plot hole. We all know that unless we see dead bodies that that usually means the characters aren't dead! I wonder if we'll go back to this at some point. Hopefully we do, because otherwise that's just lazy script writing.

But, it looked to me like Kriem just fell onto the roof; she didn't die. She's probably not healthy considering the height, but honestly, I don't really blame them for not being too concerned about her. But where you see her laying, there isn't a pool of blood or any wreckage that could have fallen on her. (not that it's likely they'd show any blood...) Kids show rules, like you said, if we aren't told they're dead, they probably aren't. :)

What exactly were they supposed to do for Jake? It happened pretty fast, neither one of them could use their powers for a while, and he caused the helicopter to crash on himself while trying to hit Tiger. And though it wasn't outright stated, a helicopter crashing on top of you is pretty final, so I think he might actually be dead. ... I suppose he could have had a barrier at the last second. ^^;

T&B spent a few seconds looking down at it, and then the rest of the ep was the afterward. I'm pretty sure at some point they went to check both Kriem and the wreckage, we just didn't get to see it. *shrug*

Bunny still is low-man on the totem pole as far as personal rankings go. The "Kotetsu-san" thing was nice, but doesn't really make up for the way he regularly treats Tiger. >>; And everyone else around him, really. I want to ship them, since I've read some fantastic fanfics, but fanfic!Bunny seems genuinely nicer than show!Bunny, at least to me.

Gawd I wish I knew Tiger in r/l. He would be an awesome friend (since we're about the same age. I'm at the low end of what his age could be.) Even without knowing about his hero stuff, he's funny and goofy and nice. He tries, which is more than a lot of people do. I'm not the demanding sort of person who needs their friends to be available at all hours, so the erratic schedule wouldn't even be a problem. Kinda feel bad for Kaede, though. Hopefully she finds out at some point, just so she doesn't grow up resenting her dad. ^^;
Jul 3, 2013 2:05 PM

Jul 2009
excellent episode :D

while it was kinda anti climatic, it made sense Jake was easily defeated.

im guessing he only has a normal body, but can shoot laser beams.
and read minds

that's why when Kotetsu hit him in the head in the last episode, it hurt like hell for him since he doesn't normally take any damage like that.

plus the armor is bulky as hell, if you have been hit by a metal when you slip in railings that's what it feels like plus even more so due to Kotetsus body mass and all.

i also didn't knew Kotetsu can actually heal himself up(not fully of course)

Blue Rose really cares for Kotetsu!!!

i do wonder why she needs to position herself like this when riding her bike XD

i thought Barnaby is gonna kill Jake, but Barnaby is too good for that and he already made a promise not to kill him to Kotetsu.

what i didn't understand was when Kriem was obviously listening in the radio about the jammer. why didn't she put a counter measure other than just a self defense system?

i don't know a ambush or anything? guess she underestimated the power of heroes!!

Kriem is not dead, she might be plotting another plan.

and i doubt Ouroboros has only two members.

lol that mayor was behind the rescue?

GO FUCK YOURSELF, coward bastard.

shame Kotetsu didn't get any credit, at least his other team mates and Barnaby credited him!!

i really doubt Jake is the killer since he doesn't use any guns.

Kriem is still alive, and is probably gonna escape prison and contact the other members of the group.

though enough of that, next episode is gonna be Lovey Dovey!!!!
Jul 5, 2013 11:19 AM

Apr 2010
Is it just me or does someone else think that Barnaby's past is somewhat... Batman-ish with a Kuroshitsuji twist to it?

-sighs-

Why does the Mayor get all credit? If it weren't for Kotetsu, the whole city would be swimming with the fish now!

But that moment Barnaby was crying and Kotetsu caught him....was the best I think!

And at the end he called Kotetsu by his real name- which I found really cute! I was like "Oh he never called him by his real name huh?"

Trust bond initiated!
Jul 18, 2013 8:52 PM
Apr 2011
and a wild first name drop appeared!!! XD
Feb 1, 2014 6:05 PM

Mar 2009
It was satisfying to see Jake get defeated but I thought he would get more of an ass kicking than he did. He deserved to get really f-----d up considering what he did to the other heroes.
Also what the hell did the mayor do to deserve such credit? I don't recall anything that he did.
Good episodes, though. Wonder what storyline will they think of next.
Mar 12, 2014 8:24 PM

Jul 2012
That was a great arc. Wish Tiger got some credit! Without him, everyone would have died. LOL
Jun 16, 2014 6:01 PM

Sep 2013
Another amazing episode, what an awesome arc that was.
Aug 3, 2014 1:21 PM

May 2012
Some pretty good development, quite love the action in this episode and well let's see what's next!
Mar 3, 2015 12:43 AM

Nov 2013
Those mind games! Kotetsu was badass for devising that plan to defeat Jake.

GET REKT JAKE AND YOU TOO FOUR-EYES!

Awww Barnaby called Kotetsu by his real name. Looks like they're gonna be good buddies. :)

Poor Kotetsu. He's always living in Barnaby's shadow...

This arc was great. I can't wait to see what happens next!

9/10 I'm guessing Lunatic is going to be the primary focus of next arc unless they introduce a new antagonist.

Apr 7, 2015 7:10 PM

Aug 2012
Those were some next level mindgames
Dec 12, 2015 6:53 PM
Jun 2013
awesome episode. Just like the joker once he got punched the fight was over lol. Once again tiger gets no respect.
Jun 2, 2016 6:20 AM

Jul 2013
I agree that the major didn't really deserve any credit. He was indecisive and was slashing out constantly so why the fuck does he deserve any credit. He holded up getting the military involved and that's it.

And actually military probably would have done lot better than the heroes because if they had to bet it all they could have launched a fast missle at Jake.

It's not like he could have read missle's mind and it would have come at him so fast that he wouldn't have time to react.

And he probably couldn't even defend himself against attacks without intent because why otherwise he would have died at the end?

Rueby said:
Is it just me or does someone else think that Barnaby's past is somewhat... Batman-ish with a Kuroshitsuji twist to it?

Well this show does very much feel like American super hero show so it's no wonder why Barnaby is like Batman. Jake also was bit Joker esque and the woman calling him "Mr Jake" reminded of Harley calling Joker "Mr Jay".

Thalandor46 said:
It didn't occur to me until this episode...but wow Jake was a lot more interesting when he was in jail. Before the escape, he gave the impression of some criminal mastermind, someone equally brilliant and terrifying. But no, as it turns out, he's just some douchebag with superpowers. Thinking about it now, that's kinda disappointing. Still, great episode, great conclusion, and some great development on the heroes side.

I had the same exact thought.
KuruwinJun 2, 2016 6:27 AM
Jul 20, 2016 7:54 AM

Oct 2012
Remind me not to live in an awful designed city like that
Also a city with many criminals & superhero like Gotham
They're the worst kind of city to live in
I'm surprised people can't think to move from that full of crime city xD

... Well the worst character is laughing behind all of that, asking if that's their justice
I don't know what will he do if the city did get destroyed though.. Probably running away like other lunatic characters :P
Rayl1ghtJul 20, 2016 8:01 AM
"Signature removed"
Apr 16, 2018 11:22 PM

Jan 2018
A good conclusion to this arc. Pissed that Kotetsu didn't get any of the credit for it lol. I'm hoping there will be more of Lunatic in the next half of the show.
Oct 9, 2018 9:02 PM
Aug 2012
Mind reading, of course. Someone had to have that ability, just so happens is was an enemy. I personally did not enjoy Jake as A villain, I feel he did a very poor job at being as intimidating as they let us think he was. I did enjoy all of our heroes getting some screen time, and not just sitting out of the action an focusing on Tiger and Bunny alone. I'm also glad to see that the fight was not dragged on for 5 episodes, still would have loved to see Jake's character get put to good use, but who knows what will happen next. I was also highly annoyed at how little credit Tiger got, he's the entire reason Bunny was even allowed to defeat Jake, I hope they start doing him some justice in the upcoming episodes.
Jul 2, 2020 9:18 AM

May 2018
Kotetsu actually thought it out! And disguised it greatly as well.
Aug 21, 2020 12:21 PM
Oct 2019
Agnes is a psycho.
Aug 23, 2021 2:16 AM

May 2020
Really great way to end the Jake arc. Poor Kotetsu got no credit in the public eye despite all he did, but it was really great to see the relationship between him and Barnaby get much stronger. Can't wait to see more of Lunatic in the next half of the show.
Oct 18, 2021 9:32 PM

Mar 2021
Did anyone feel like this episode was more zoomed in than it should've been?

Also, that was clever of Tiger to throw Jake's guard off like that; however, couldn't Jake have read his mind as well? Guess it only works at a certain range - that's why Tiger needed to trick Bunny. Great, I just answered my own question.

Finally, the obligatory "Give Tiger some credit" comment. Seriously, though, he went from being a total jerk to my favorite character.

Apr 4, 2022 1:07 PM

Nov 2016
"You're dying to see your mom and dad"

What a pun.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 4, 2023 11:35 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Wow Kotetsu discovered the weak point!!! kekeke
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tiger & Bunny Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Monochrome - Apr 2, 2011

147 by DanEndra_Tensei »»
Dec 17, 2023 5:27 AM

Poll: » Tiger & Bunny Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Paiguy - Jun 18, 2011

93 by Destroyer31 »»
Sep 4, 2023 8:36 PM

Poll: » Tiger & Bunny Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Torisunanohokori - Apr 23, 2011

87 by CheriCake »»
Feb 3, 2023 2:07 PM

Poll: » Tiger & Bunny Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Sep 17, 2011

213 by Ranxomare »»
Feb 2, 2023 1:17 AM

Poll: » Tiger & Bunny Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 10, 2011

154 by Ranxomare »»
Feb 2, 2023 12:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.