Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 25, 2011 12:32 PM

Jun 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
First thing I thought when I heard what Kotetsu thought Jake's power was was "Wow, he's an idiot". Then I thought about it a bit more, and it made sense that he was being deliberate about deceiving Barnaby to fool Jake. The end result was quite nice.

It was also very cool, if a little bit of a leap, to see that the other 3 managed to take down a mech brigade each. This has been a pretty great halfway climax.
Shameless Blog Plugging: animetics.net
Jun 25, 2011 1:32 PM

Aug 2009
As long as Blue Rose got screen time I can live a happy man for another week.
Jun 25, 2011 2:05 PM

May 2010
I lol'd so hard when Jake sliced the tail off his own rescue chopper XD
Jun 25, 2011 2:12 PM

Feb 2010
Wasn't really feeling it this episode, the previous two felt more compelling. Maybe because I'm in a nasty mood today. Jake was still entertaining at least, and Fire Emblem is funny with his ridiculous stereotyping.
Jun 25, 2011 3:58 PM

Aug 2009
Yay! Nobody died and everything turned out ok!
Jun 25, 2011 5:51 PM

May 2007
A little too soft for what they were building up to, and ultimately seems uneventful considering Barnaby didn't really get any answers about why Jake attacked his parents.

It wouldn't be a leap to assume Jake will make another appearance and Lunatic will be involved, but I was hoping that would have happened now. The next half of the season seems like it will be a retread of the previous half if there isn't another event right away.
Jun 25, 2011 6:17 PM

May 2009
For once (and only?), Kotetsu was the smartest guy on the show. He was great, which made me sad that he got zero recognition for it, even among his peers (though I think they were probably purposely giving him a hard time).
IceAndCream said:
Same here. I loved it! Also thought the conversation between Blue Rose, Fire Emblem and Dragon Kid was quite funny.

Great conclusion to this arc and looks like we'll have an action-light but romance-heavy (well, for this show) episode next week.
Jun 25, 2011 8:04 PM

Apr 2009
Watching this episode has truly been a magical experience for me.
Feeling down? You may already be a charge target.
Jun 25, 2011 8:20 PM

Aug 2009
Aw, I loved this episode. I knew as soon as it began that Jake was never in a million years going to be the main villain, he holds less status than Lunatic (who is only an antihero). Besides, Ouroborus was far from destroyed and I am pretty certain from last episode onward that Jake did in fact NOT kill Barnaby's parents, I think it was someone else in Ouroborus (which is probably an international multi-faceted organisation).

Also, the Ouroborus represents continual destruction and renewal, in other words, they are people who desire to recreate the world into something knew by devouring the old. The sword through the middle could represent that they will cut the eternal cycle at their location of choice or it could symbolise their method of renewal (the sword being a symbol of violence).

So to those people who think this was a disappointment, you all are really selling yourselves short, this story is going far deeper, and please remember that the "filler" "episodic" storylines each laid something in place for the current arc, and that is what the next 3-5 episodes will probably do as well.

And to all the other cast members I say... "STOP MESSING WITH TIGER AND GIVE HIM A FREAKING COMPLIMENT!!! It's not as funny as you think. grr-"

Uniju said:

Finally, someone who realises the brilliance of this series. In Japan this is the number one series airing this year (not counting long running shounens that have run and will continue to run), it's got far more things going for it that against it.

Now, as for the next episode, looks like Kotetsu and Karina are in ballet class? Or she's giving him dance lessons maybe? Karina better be careful, because if the Producer notices that she likes Tiger, she is going to be all over it for the ratings potential.

Lol at when Kotetsu gave the episode announcement "Love is Blind! ...L-Lo-Love?!?! Can I just say to any currently existing doubters, I TOLD YOU SO!!! I noticed it in episode 1 ha! And now Nathan knows too judging by that look he gave Blue Rose when she was yelling at Kotetsu to stay on the bed.

(I will force myself not to comment on the last part of that sentence... must... not... comment.)

Anyway, yet again it is an interesting twist, normally Barnaby would be the type to get the girls riled up, but it seems Karina has a thing for experience rather that looks (smart girl). Though many people keep calling it a crush, let me define the term "crush". A crush is:

Puppy love is a very widespread experience in the process of growing up. The object of attachment may be a peer but the term can also be used to describe the fondness of a child for an adult. Some consider that in puppy love 'usually the object of such infatuation is some highly idealised person who is some years older and typically the sufferer 'greatly moved with emotion...spend(s) much time in daydreams and wishful fantasies' about them. (-Wikipedia)

Particularly the places in bold, does Blue Rose seem to be suffering these symptoms? I think we've moved into "Like" or "Attracted" category. She has not fallen in love, that's for sure, but she does show that she cares for his well being to the point of scolding him and worrying about him. She may have a respect for him, but it's not his position or his accomplishments (look at all her put downs), it's his personality. It's still a bit odd that he is 11-13 years older (Kotetsu is 29-ish and Karina is 16-18), but in a few years, who knows? (my parents had a pretty big age gap too, so maybe I'm a bit biased. Though now my mom feels a tiny bit weird that she's married to a man in his sixties now. lol)

Oh wow... I'm getting far to into the relationship sector of shows... a sign I have been in fanbases far too long.
AstuteOtakuJun 25, 2011 8:24 PM
Jun 25, 2011 8:58 PM

Oct 2010
kotetsu is a genius too bad he got like no recognition at all :(
Jun 25, 2011 9:02 PM

Jan 2010
this episode is great enough....XD

Jun 25, 2011 9:07 PM

May 2007
thenube74 said:
kotetsu is a genius too bad he got like no recognition at all :(

I wouldn't exactly call Kotetsu a genius since Jake slipped and called him his actual name and then hinted later he had another power. I think most of the comments mentioned he could read minds from the way he predicted moves (at least I did) and most people noticed that he called him Kotetsu too.
Jun 25, 2011 10:01 PM

Nov 2006
>Kotetsu-san

i died.
Jun 25, 2011 10:04 PM

Jun 2011
The day when Kotetsu gets some decent praise and everyone recognizes his awesomeness is the day I do my happy dance.
Jun 25, 2011 10:23 PM
Jun 2011
So, did Kotetsu make that fail kick last episode because he had already figured out Jake was reading his mind? They sort of brushed that aside at the beginning, but he said that he knew when Jake called him Kotetsu...

Loved Lunatic's appearance at the end.
Jun 25, 2011 10:31 PM

Nov 2007
I lol'ed at first thinking Tiger was an idiot but he tricked Jake. Super Hearing? HAHA .... everyone was thinking this guy really is an idiot. so THAT IDIOT MAYOR, and Barnaby get all the credit when Tiger gets NOTHING? really? that poor guy gets cut no slack. he discovered how to beat him and gave the direct assist, when he's hurt pretty bad.

fucking Tsundere Bunny lol. >Kotetsu-san.

a little too much bromance.
Jun 25, 2011 10:38 PM

Jul 2010
Tiger still got no compliment while the useless Mayor suddenly became "Hero"!? Seriously!?
Jun 25, 2011 11:01 PM

Jun 2011
Cant wait for next episode. Looks like some development between Blue Rose and Tiger, however i dont think they'll end up together though thats just how i see this series as, development but no end result
Jun 25, 2011 11:11 PM

Sep 2010
Yay! A very satisfying ending to this arc! Guess no answers for Barnaby about his parents though, but I'm sure Ourabouros will pop up again soon enough. D:

All them Bunny/Tiger moments make for a happy fangirl. 8D 8D 8D
Bunny calling Tiger "Kotetsu-san" instead of ojiisan was all the recognition Tiger needed. 8D

Next ep. should be a fun one! I was totally crushing on a man 9 years older than me (in his 30's) so I don't think it's that awkward,unbelievable. xD;;
Jun 25, 2011 11:28 PM

Nov 2007
kind of butthurt tiger didn't get the credit he deserved. :I hmph.
Jun 26, 2011 12:17 AM

Aug 2009
Just how much more awesome is this show trying to get ?
it's already one of the best of this season, and we still have half of it to go.
let's hope it keeps going this way.
Jun 26, 2011 12:37 AM

May 2010
Great episode.

I was like "Cmon, it can't be superhearing." then I also got tricked. lol

Anyway, felt bad that Tiger didn't get any praises.

And their moments with Bunny never ceased to amuse. xD

Screw the mayor...
Jun 26, 2011 12:38 AM

Nov 2010
I really liked this episode. Bunny crying was pretty epic thankfully Kotetsu-san cheered him up... Bunny being so Tsundere and that mayor needs to get put in a spot where he doesn't have his back-up (I'm counting on you Lunatic!)
Love is blind huh? Will Blue Rose confess to Kotetsu? or someone else

lol, Kotetsu attempted English this time.
Jun 26, 2011 1:42 AM

Apr 2008
I was really looking forward to this episode and it didnt disappoint. Well, taking aside Tiger character development... While he managed to impress me, I was expecting him to have his daughter as main motivation.

After all, she is somewhere in the city, if Bunny loose, half the city goes down, she might not be so lucky. Yet Tiger made no mention of her and we only got a small glimpse of her at the end, cheering for Bunny.
/sad
I shall know no fear as I am fear incarnated
Jun 26, 2011 3:55 AM

Nov 2008
T&B, why so awesome? I love how they take stereotypical characters from Marvel and DC universe and do it japaneese way.

Kotetsu made my trolled by "superhearing" too, I thought the only thing that was missing in the scene was a big sweatdrop on Bunny's head. And Bunny was so dumb actually believeng this :D.
Jun 26, 2011 4:56 AM

May 2008
PhantomZwei said:
Tiger still got no compliment while the useless Mayor suddenly became "Hero"!? Seriously!?

My exact thoughts! poor kotetsu. ;-;
Jun 26, 2011 7:59 AM

Sep 2009
IceAndCream said:
+1

mystik said:
a little too much bromance
I know! *w* ♥

Jake was awesome as ever until he wept like a loser.
Liked how the events turned out though it was a bit too goody-goody maybe but none the less entertaining all the way so who cares.
Hey all hail Tiger already! He was in pain but he still went to aid Bunny( ̄へ ̄)
Love the duo together really and liked how it ended with Kotetsu-san~ kyaaaa♥
Jun 26, 2011 9:02 AM

Oct 2010
I swear the minute Tiger said super hearing I was like WOW you're truly a dumbass and it turned out quite the opposite I was the dumbass one not him :p..

I loved BlueRose scenes especially with Nathan <3..

Next week looks awesome I like BlueRose cute little crush on Tiger :3

Jun 26, 2011 9:48 AM
Dec 2007
As expected Jake's power was mind reading, and the rest was just a very nice action episode and the usual bromance. Cool stuff.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 26, 2011 9:56 AM

Oct 2010
I thought Lunatic was going to clean up after Bunny decides to take the high road, I guess chopper on the face have the same effect.

Oh poor Blue Rose... she got tough rival, Bunny is all over Tiger now = [

Some Random Fun stuff ^^

huh foreshadow LOL

choyosJun 26, 2011 10:12 AM
huh?
Jun 26, 2011 10:31 AM

Nov 2009
Awesome! This ep proved why the show gets 10 from me.

Looking forward to the next ep, since it seems Karina's developing feelings for Kotetsu are gonna be addressed in some way. Too bad Kotetsu will stay clueless most likely, though, since I seriously doubt he can even begin to imagine Karina can like him that way as he sees her like daughter/little sister, I think... Too bad, really. But it's gonna be fun to watch, I'm sure.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jun 26, 2011 10:36 AM

May 2009
Oh, Tiger & Bunny, how I love thee.
(I get the feeling I've typed out variations of that sentence in every T&B episode discussion thread.)

I super super love this episode. Kotetsu had me in fits of giggles with his (supposed) idiocy followed by the revelation that he's a pretty good actor, and Bunny did the same to me with his super adorable obliviousness, and finally Jake with his super comical death. XD

The mayor a hero? Yuck. That man was either massively brown-nosing or getting paid large sums of money to deliver that speech.

"Love is Blind... L-Love?" *giggle* Oh, Kotetsu, you're so cute.
But seriously, I really hope Sunrise was only teasing with the Blue Rose shots as Kotetsu said those words. Otherwise... What about Bunny???

windy said:
>Kotetsu-san

i died.
YES!!!
*cue insane fangirl squeals*

To conclude my rambles,
Uniju said:
Jun 26, 2011 10:54 AM

Jun 2008
awww super hearing lol I was like kotetsu really? i gonna punch you XD

but well it end well so it's okay

and yay barnaby called him for his first name so adorableee

and wao with the other episode title love is lind so interestinggg
Life is bittersweet can you live with that?
Jun 26, 2011 11:01 AM

Apr 2010
Meh.
So Jake is so powerful and stuff but he goes down with a flashbang and a kick? Then he shot down his own helicopter? LAME, smh.
Also some terrible animation this time.

Well I guess it was OK, at best...
Jun 26, 2011 11:44 AM

Jul 2007
windy said:
>Kotetsu-san

i died.

And the yaoi dj fans tripled in enthusiasm. -_-
きみ は だれ だい?
ぼく は ラムボ!
ぼく は だれ だい?
きみ は ラムボ!
ラムボ なんでし!
Jun 26, 2011 12:00 PM

Aug 2008
Linalee-Stratos said:
IceAndCream said:
+1
+2. It was so amusing.

AstuteOtaku said:
Kotetsu is 29-ish
Somehow I always thought Kotetsu would be in his late 30s/early 40s. But yeah, I have nothing concrete to build my basis on. It's so hard to tell ages of anime gals and guys.

Despite some bad animation this episode entertained me till the very end. Loved it. Kotetsu's healing ability is cool and I really liked the fact he was, for once, the smartest one of the bunch. Too bad he didn't get the praise he deserved. So, mayor, go to die... whenever and never return if you keep stealing people's efforts/praises/honor/whatever. I'm mad at you.

Since people have been noticing this un-named lady appearing in every episode, it has become my habbit to try to spot her. She was there again! :D

On another note, I totally blame the japanese fangirls who have tainted me into this bromance scene lover. Seriously, fangirls--! Well, I can't deny that at least they know what's a "devotion". Though my favorite shipping, woops, I mean canon pairing is still Kotetsu x his late wife (Tomoe?) lol.
Anyway, looking forward to next ep, it should be (again) very interesting.
MinekoJun 26, 2011 12:04 PM
Jun 26, 2011 12:24 PM

May 2009
>Kotetsu-san

Damn, they sure like to make fangirls squeal with all that bromance

Quite a good episode, I believe Kotetsu managed to troll us all hard xD I actually believed he was enough of an idiot to think Jake's power was super-hearing, and then BAM flashbang, nice plan ~w~

Why can't the week go by faster??? I need to watch next ep, full of Karina goodness :D
Jun 26, 2011 12:54 PM

Aug 2009
Mineko said:

Despite some bad animation this episode entertained me till the very end. Loved it. Kotetsu's healing ability is cool and I really liked the fact he was, for once, the smartest one of the bunch. Too bad he didn't get the praise he deserved. So, mayor, go to die... whenever and never return if you keep stealing people's efforts/praises/honor/whatever. I'm mad at you.

Yes, the mayor must die, my eyes burned with unquenchable rage when he took credit. (and it's not because he's an Obama rip off, I like Obama he's an adorable nerd even though I disagree with 95% of his ideals, he's still a nerd, and that is awesome.)
Jun 26, 2011 1:10 PM

Mar 2009
GOOD LORD I LOVE THIS SHOW.

Sad Kotetsu didn't get any recognition! Poor guy deserves more credit. :<
Jun 26, 2011 2:50 PM

Aug 2008
Ani-Blast said:
windy said:
>Kotetsu-san

i died.
And the yaoi dj fans tripled in enthusiasm. -_-

Pssah, it's practically at max capacity already. There's a whole EVENT dedicated to it. 500+ circles, oh yeah. Although they don't have to technically be naughty, it's being heavily pushed by female fans.

Decent mid-season wrap-up. I liked that Kotetsu was allowed to show off his smarts.
Jun 26, 2011 3:05 PM

Jul 2008
Heh, it's been so long since my last post in the forum... Meaning that I must love this show quite much.

AstuteOtaku said:
I am pretty certain from last episode onward that Jake did in fact NOT kill Barnaby's parents
I think the same. Also because the only thing that Barnaby seems to remember about his parents' murderer is that he had the Ouroboros tattoo on his hand, and I don't remember seeing any tattoo on Jake's - but we don't get to see his hands so well while he was in jail, and after he wears gloves, so who knows...

AstuteOtaku said:
the Ouroborus represents continual destruction and renewal, in other words, they are people who desire to recreate the world into something knew by devouring the old. The sword through the middle could represent that they will cut the eternal cycle at their location of choice or it could symbolise their method of renewal (the sword being a symbol of violence).
I've never really thought about this matter, but this is in fact a very interesting and I believe quite accurate interpretation. I'm loving this show more every minute.

Linalee-Stratos said:
AstuteOtaku said:
Kotetsu is 29-ish

Somehow I always thought Kotetsu would be in his late 30s/early 40s. But yeah, I have nothing concrete to build my basis on. It's so hard to tell ages of anime gals and guys.
Pretty much everyone I know on the Internet thinks so - late 30s/early 40s; but I actually don't know where the idea comes from. Doing the maths I think it could also be possible for Kotetsu to be 29. But to be honest, I would very much prefer if the late 30s/early 40s hypothesis was the right one.

Linalee-Stratos said:
Liked how the events turned out though it was a bit too goody-goody maybe but none the less entertaining all the way so who cares.
Same here; especially Kotetsu, I wasn't expecting him to be so soon out of the hospital - even though he's still pretty badly injured (in the previous episode they were talking about deep lacerations and blood transfusions, and even brought him to the ICU!).

Hakkuei said:
So Jake is so powerful and stuff but he goes down with a flashbang and a kick?
In my opinion Jake only looks strong since no one was able to hit him because of his powers, but is otherwise actually pretty weak. I think he's also the kind of guy that would be carried away by this appearent invulnerability and underestimate everyone of his opponents - which is what took him down in the end.

Everything aside, I loved this episode to bits. To me the sequence with Barnaby crying and then Kotetsu coming for him was the best faservice I could ask for - besides being a wonderful demonstration of trust and comradeship.

When Maverick said they had another hero to thank I lighted up expecting him to be Kotetsu, and then it turned out to be the mayor - major disappointment.
Seriously everyone WTF, not even a 'thank you' or a 'good job' or something?! I understand Barnaby is a tsundere and would have never said anyting like this, and that everyone else is having fun teasing him but still! Even if the man says he doesn't do it for the praises it still makes a person happy to receive some appreciation for something he's done well you know! (and in this case we're talking about him having the most merit in the entire city's safety)
The 'Kotetsu-san' kinda made up for it to him (awww that was adorable ♥) but oh come on! At least he's bond to get some more attention from Karina in the next episode.

Moving from the complaints, I love how Kotetsu fooled just about everyone, including us viewers. Having showed him misreading Jake's power in the previous episode and overall presenting his character as not being especially brilliant, everyone just assumed he got it wrong this time as well, but then no, it was all part of his plan! Way to go Kotetsu! You were already awesome for me before, and you got to be ever more now!
LoxarisJun 26, 2011 3:12 PM
------------------------
Database Guidelines
Denials: anime | manga
Modifications: anime | manga
-----------------------------------
Jun 26, 2011 3:10 PM
Sep 2007
I think Kotetsu will have his chance to shine before others, and most of all before his daughter - when she learns that she has superhero father.
Jun 26, 2011 5:09 PM

Jan 2011
Good episode, I somehow felt like facepalming when he said super hearing... xD;;
anyways, next episode might be of Blue Rose and something with love

LOL e3e
Jun 26, 2011 5:12 PM

Jun 2008
Wait, so Ouroborus was just that sexy but crazy bitch and that ugly loony mofo?

So what now? Will Lunatic take the complete spotlight as an enemy of our heroes?
Jun 26, 2011 6:51 PM
May 2011
that really felt like a serise finale, i hope they add in a new villian cause lunatic is very lame, also yah what is that BS, kotetsu is the one that saved everyones ass and barnaby gets all the credit and that mayor who didnt do anything also got some, duh fuc-

oh well their proboly saving him getting recognition till the last episode, seriously though this show has totaly blown me away, i would have never watched this if my freind didnt tell me how good it really was
Jun 26, 2011 9:28 PM

Aug 2009
ItsSoPringles said:
oh well their proboly saving him getting recognition till the last episode, seriously though this show has totaly blown me away, i would have never watched this if my freind didnt tell me how good it really was

I <3 your friend. This is a great show, not faultless, but most of the stuff people call it out for aren't flaws at all. And the characters are some of the best I've every seen. None of them are out right stereotypes.
Jun 26, 2011 9:59 PM

Nov 2009
Loxaris said:
Pretty much everyone I know on the Internet thinks so - late 30s/early 40s; but I actually don't know where the idea comes from. Doing the maths I think it could also be possible for Kotetsu to be 29. But to be honest, I would very much prefer if the late 30s/early 40s hypothesis was the right one.
Nah, if we do some math, he's in his 30s, like 31-35 at max. His daughter is 9 and it was stated somewhere before he's been 10 years into superhero business.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。
Jun 26, 2011 10:11 PM
May 2011
CG said:
Loxaris said:
Nah, if we do some math, he's in his 30s, like 31-35 at max. His daughter is 9 and it was stated somewhere before he's been 10 years into superhero business.
hes defently in the early 30's or 29ish, plus him and rock bison went to the same highschool and were in the same grade so keep a eye out for rock's age cause it will also tell us kotetsu's

also ive said this a billion time but i want kotetsu's hat, its so awsome
Jun 26, 2011 10:22 PM

Aug 2009
ItsSoPringles said:
also ive said this a billion time but i want kotetsu's hat, its so awsome

The hat is for sale in Japan, will have to look for it, but I am buying myself one.

Oh, and who else is looking forward to the new ending theme? I am! I doubt there will be a second opening, maybe, but probably not, I love the current theme song.
Jun 26, 2011 10:40 PM

Feb 2011
Wowowowow, great episode and if they wanted to make the series end here, they really could. If you compare it to a couple of the shorter series which endings are rushed, this episode could be said to be better than those if it were made to be the last episode.

Is Jake really dead? Even if he is I doubt that is the end of Ouroboros though. Either way more, more, more!!!

Also Lunatic could be the lead Belmont for the next Castlevania.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Monochrome - Apr 2, 2011

147 by DanEndra_Tensei »»
Dec 17, 2023 5:27 AM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Paiguy - Jun 18, 2011

93 by Destroyer31 »»
Sep 4, 2023 8:36 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Torisunanohokori - Apr 23, 2011

87 by CheriCake »»
Feb 3, 2023 2:07 PM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Sep 17, 2011

213 by Ranxomare »»
Feb 2, 2023 1:17 AM

Poll: » Tiger &amp; Bunny Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Sep 10, 2011

154 by Ranxomare »»
Feb 2, 2023 12:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.